April 23, 2014 | 1967 users online

Palettes - NYX - 10 Color Palette - Champagne & Caviar

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by rinnins

When this first arrived, I was underwhelmed. The colors are very sheer and not unique in the slightest. I used it for maybe a week and then it got shuffled to the back of my mu drawer and forgotten. Fast forward a month or so to when I bought a Bobbi Brown Nude on Nude palette, which was also super sheer and not unique. Huh, I have something like this... my NYX palette! which I dug it out again. So if you're into BB nude palettes, save yourself some cheddar and get one of these for pete's sake. This is now in heavy rotation for me. Though the colors are sheer, they're buildable and create looks that are subtle and pretty. This is the perfect daily wear-to-work palette, and the dark brown and black help it go from day to night. This is a great no-fuss neutral palette, and I would repurchase if I hit pan. The weak link is the pink, which is glittery and worthless. I think it's the only color I have not touched.
EDIT - My palette busted at the hinge and now sits in two pieces. I didn't drop it - the packaging apparently can't stand normal (I would even say gentle) use. Very disappointed and definitely won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by testerizer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Surprised by some of the really bad reviews, I actually like this palette! If you don't like neutrals you're probably better off not buying it, and if you like neutrals but aren't a fan of the really "natural" look this likely isn't for you either. (Someone on the forums pointed out that this is a good dupe for the BB Shimmering Nudes palette, to give you an idea of the kind of look you get with it.)

Although the palette is noticeably less pigmented the NYX singles I have, that doesn't mean that these are horribly pigmented at all. I'm around NC30 in skintone and they show up on me without much work, although admittedly a few may look similar on the lid. For reference I apply all eyeshadow (unless I want a really light wash) with sort of dabbing motions and then I spread/blend it out, instead of just going straight to a windshield wiper motion. The dark brown stands out as being really pigmented and smooth. The only color I really don't like is the pink because it seems to have glitter instead of shimmer?

All in all I'm enjoying using this, it's a cute, compact collection of colors that I can use everyday, with some darker colors to smoke it out if I'm going somewhere that night. If you're into that natural, subtle kind of look, especially considering this palette is fairly cheap, I would definitely consider checking it out. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by clarklovesyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette! It's a great selection of shades for creating a variety of neutral eye looks (and you simply CAN'T beat the price!) I needed a nice and easy coordinated palette of neutral shades and I almost purchased the one from Too Faced ($34) but decided to give Champagne & Caviar a try (a mere $8). I'm so glad I did.

I own several of the great NYX single shadows, and I find the ones in this palette to be more blendable. They also have the perfect amount of shimmer - not too much! Some have complained about the pigmentation - I think it's great! I do have very fair skin however, and I can see how the neutral shades could disappear into darker skin tones. (For reference, I use UDPP underneath)

I look forward to trying many more of the 10 color palettes!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by jse23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh. I was excited to try this, as I love neutral shadows and this was a good deal for a bunch of different colors. It wasn't that impressive. I mostly use this on the weekends or on "not trying" days because most of the colors are basic, shimmery degrees of beige. The quality is alright, I have purchsed other NYX products and liked them. This one is just alright.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2009 5:34:00 AM More reviews by summerbrow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I find the quality of the shadows chalky and it's hard to build up a decent coverage. Of course, given the price you can't expect MAC quality, but since I use a lot of MAC shadows I can't help compare and I find myself neglecting to use this palette because of the lower quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by pinkcl0uds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a huge fan of NYX shadows but I am highly disappointed with this one. The colors look gorgeous in the palette but they do not show up! One of the colors in there is a dupe for nyx single champagne. I swatched them both next to each other and champagne shows up much more pigmented. I have to layer the colors quite a few times before I get anything to show up and by that time, the powder gets chalky. It doesn't blend that well either. Stick with the trios and singles!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by SimplyManda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I love this palette. It has all the neutrals I want/need on a daily basis, from dark browns to bone colors to the perfect light pink. It is great for my light skin, though I can see how some of the colors may not show up on darker skin. It is very low-priced even if I factor in shipping for buying it online (I believe $10 or less), and the texture and pigmentation are better than any other drugstore brand I have ever tried. I did find that I had to "tap" some of the colors into my lids instead of "swooshing" them on in order to get them to show up, but for the price that is nothing to me. I would definitely purchase this and other NYX palettes again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Tattykins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This got me into doing neutral eyes. I love it. It blends so easy with the Nyx B12 brush I got at the same time. Its nicely pigmented, and not overly shimmery.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by tiff22

I bought this palette expecting such greatness.. and was totally disappointed. In my opinion the colors are all boring, dirty looking, and offer little pigmentation. I swapped it away, and she didn't like it either.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by 001enticing

this palette is alright , not the best. for $12.99CAD its not bad... some of the colours look very similar once on the lid. the black colour in the palette is somewhat chalky to me and not easy to blend. i felt that the colours were definetly not as pigmented as their singles. if i were to choose, i think purchasing the singles would be better .