April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - Flawless Definition mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best mascaras I have ever used! I bought it in black and am planning to go back for the brown. It makes my lashes look naturally longer without being overdone. I know some people have complained about the price; however, I have tried mascaras over $20 that don't come close to this one. To me, it is very reasonable for the performance.

**Edit** I had to write an edit on this one. I still like the formula and the performance; however, you have to be VERY careful with getting too much product out on the brush. It is a plastic brush and now my product is clumping at the top of the wand every time I pull it out. Then it of course spills out around the edge of the tube when I put it back. Not super thrilled about wasting product...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by amoyer2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this from beauty.com and it is a decent mascara. The first time I used it I didn't like it at all and found it difficult to apply/clumpy. However, I gave it a second try and with careful application and combing it is lengthening and pretty nice. My eyelashes did stand out and I think I'd consider rebuying. I have never used a mascara that converted me completely, so I guess I'm still on the hunt for that "perfect" one.

PROS:
*lengthening
*defining
*neat little brush (it's silicone I believe)

CONS:
*clumpy if you're not careful with application
*made my lashes sorta stick together
*made some of my lashes fall out when I took it off
*sorta pricey ($18)

BOTTOM LINE:
I've used worse and I've used better. I didn't like that I lost a few lashes using it either (not major loss, but still)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This didn't really do much for my lashes. While it provided excellent definition, it didn't do much for lengthening.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by redbeemerbabe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a deluxe sample of this at the BE counter at Nordies. I already had my faves, so initially, I didn't plan to even try this. I'm so glad I did! I just recently discovered Shiseido mascara base, and I use it every day, regardless of which mascara I use. First I curl the lashes on one side, apply the mascara base and let it dry. While it's drying, I curl and apply base to the other side. With this mascara, I only do one coat instead of two. The brush/comb is new for me, and I thought I wouldn't like it. Wrong again:-) It grabs tiny lashes I didn't even know I had. Trust me, with my blonde lashes, I need all the help I can get. The mascara wears all day - and I mean *all day* - without smudging. At night, it's easy to take off. I'm glad I tried this. It's now my fave:-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by dazee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty decent product, especially IF you have long/thick lashes to begin with. I don't. However, It goes on nice, does lengthen, but not to extreme lengths, and thickens a little without clumping. I like that it conditions, and is really the reason I tried it. The price is decent too at $18. I wore it all day, no smudges and it's hot and humid right now. So it forsure passed that test. I do like the comb-like brush as well. If it would lengthen a little more, fatten a little more, it would be a total winner!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by cartersmom

I was wearing Jane Iredale's newest mascara in the gold tube and for a whopping $32.oo (silly me), it was not so great. It looked beautiful when first applied, but smudged a lot throughout the day. The two mascaras that don't smudge on me (BB no smudge and Shu Mascara Basic) are tough to remove. So when I saw this I thought I had to give it a try, especially for the more reasonable price of $18.00. I have pretty full lashes so what I need is length, definition and mostly, no racoon eyes from smudging! So far, this really fits the bill-no smudging today in 100 degree heat and it came off easily with my La Roche Posay gentle eye makeup remover. A must try if you want nice length, definition and staying power and aren't looking for big volume and also want a mascara that can remove easily. I'm super picky about mascaras and this is definitely one of the best.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by gudiyachettu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate ruining the good reviews but for me it was just an ok mascara. It does not give my lashes that oomph like other mascaras that i have tried. The mascara does a good job separating the lashes & maybe adding a little more length and is not clumpy. But thats it. If u are blessed with great lashes this would be enough i guess. But my lashes which are not that thick or long needs something better performing for adding the fake volume & length and there are better ones out there which has helped me for this in the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by linseyod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a great mascara! The brush really lengthens and separates. I have very oily skin and most mascaras smudge off... this even lasted me through a 24 hour shift at work, it's that good. It makes my lashes look very defined and dark but still natural. also does not bother my sensitive eyes. I was pretty skeptical about mineral mascara but I'm a believer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Sarrellie

ooooh my. I love this mascara! I have been searching high and low for a mascara that will not clump and will keep my lashes curled, I think I've found it! I got this as a sample when I was buying some mineral foundation from bareminerals at macys and I am so glad I did. I have pretty long lashes already but I have a problem of keeping them curled because they're pretty straight, I don't even have to curl my lashes when I use this! When I wear this I look like I'm wearing false lashes, I love it :) I will definitely buy when my sample runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by scarlettbegonia

Excellent mascara! It is now available at Ulta for $18.