October 25, 2014 | 1596 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 4:43:00 AM More reviews by steph_mark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i've been using this under polish for about 6 weeks and the results have been good. no other treatment/strengthener i've tried has really helped with the peeling and breaking that i've had for the past year. i had been a lifelong nail biter, and sometime in the summer of '08 i just decided to quit. i tried many, many different treatments to help with weak nails, thin nails, splitting, peeling, breaking, etc. some made it worse, some made no difference. nail envy is the only thing that has really helped to relieve the problems that i had. i do still get the occasional break or peely, but overall, i'm quite happy with this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by MissAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for Nail Envy but I'm hugely disappointed. It was utterly useless and didn't make any difference to my nails at all. I was taken in by the spiel and the packaging, but I remember Sally Hansen Maximum Growth working really fast to build up nails so am returning to that line.

Interesting to read other reviewers noting the ingredients which are actually v. drying to the nail. Wish I'd come here and read that first, would've saved my money and my time.

Don't bother.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 12:45:00 PM More reviews by andkirstyloves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i am absolutely religious about this product. i've been obsessed with keeping my nails neat, as long as possible, and well painted since i can remember, and my mum bought me a bottle of this from qvc about 5 years ago and i've not looked back. i use it as a base and topcoat on my manicures, topping up every other day (i know that's not how it's intended for use but i find in conjunction with a good cuticle oil and hand cream my nails maintain the right amount of flexibility and don't become brittle). as a barmaid my hands are constantly in contact with hot soapy water and cleaning products and still manage to stay long and in good condition. i must get through about a bottle of this every term (as a student that's how i judge the value cost-wise of things) so while it's a little pricey on my budget, i wouldn't ever think of using anything else. i love the brush, but tend to find that after a while the bottle gunks up and it gets a little thicker; although i find that with all nail products, so no biggie.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 8:51:00 AM More reviews by littleliverbird

This is the ONLY product that stopped me biting my nails.I started using it on Christmas eve 2008 as a last ditch attempt to grow my nails (I have bitten them since I was a kid and relied on falsies, though hated the feel of them). I have tried many treatments and products in the past, but even when I managed to get a bit of nail growth, my nails would be so weak they would bend and break. I have always been so self conscious of my nails and tried to hide them so people could not see how disgusting they were. I used to have false nails applied, but hated them. I apply nail envy every other day (I use the green original one), just one coat, then at the end of every week I remove it and apply two coats then start the process again. It's been four months now of doing this and I still have a tiny bit left in my bottle (I've already purchased another one). I now have gorgeous, strong nails and they grow so long that I went for my very first manicure the other day! It was a proud moment, especially when the beautician said I had really long nails and she wished hers could grow like mine! I would highly recommend this ladies. It REALLY works. I am now the proud owner of gorgeous, healthy, strong nails AND an ever growing collection of nail polishes!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by formerfatty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this - It's not invisible, it's shiny when dry and looks like clear polish. I've been using it about a month and my nails are much stronger.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 8:41:00 AM More reviews by shammond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wear my nails natural just getting manicures with polish. I've found the OPI Top Coat to work perfect. It is so long lasting....keeps the polish looking great much longer! The combination of OPI polish & top cost gives a great look! Will always buy these products! :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by SKYYStheLimit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I usually use Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in the Gold bottle (I think its Diamond Hardener or something like that). I am used to just using that as a clear coat on my natural nails and it works really well to harden them and keep them from breaking. I ran out of the SH, and I was at the beauty supply store and figured I'd try Nail Envy, and boy am I sorry. My nails were pretty long, and then I used this and now I've broken 4 out of 10 nails within a week. They don't just break, they start bending! And I'm talking both bend down and bend back. So my nails have bend ridges all over the ends from bending so much. Its terrible looking, and feeling. I also tried applying 3 coats, and that didn't help at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I grew out my nails that I had had wrapped for years. Used Rejuvecote and got myself strong long nails that I had not had for years.
Then decided to try Nail Envy to maintain.
Now I have four deeply broken nails. Have to go back to Rejuvecote.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by arikabh

i love everything about this stuff. i cant do a pedi or mani without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by BarbwireDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love love love!

Since i've been using this, I havent had a single break of a nail.... and I've been working as a cleaner scrubbing tiles with phosphoric acid....

This stuff is amazing...my nails have never been so long and strong and healthy and even before. I can even get my index fingers to grow - albeit not at much as the others, but definate improvement.

Pro-Wide brush makes it easy to apply in seconds, dries quickly and clear.

I will use this for the rest of my life if I can....