August 28, 2014 | 1660 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by jootje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This scrub exfoliates really well and it always gives me a spa-like feeling while using it, probably because of the mud. It's a little more messy than regular scrub because it's black. I find it a bit harsh on the skin. It also leaves a film, so I always have to follow up with cleanser. I probably won't buy this again as I find it a bit too harsh and too much of a hassle, while the results aren't any better than with other scrubs.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by kerroppi

very deep exfoliation. love the black licorice smell. have been using mine for a year and still seems fresh. leaves a film, but I find it comfortable. would not use this everyday, only once in a while when I feel I need a deeper scrub. Nice that you can use it as a mask as well. will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really oily big-pore skin so decided to try this as it's ment to be for my skin type. This iss good for giving your skin a good clean and leaves my skin refreshed. It doesn't smell too nice but it does a good job and my skin seems to have cleared up a lot and my pores are a lot smaller. It's better than Angels on Bare Skin which was good but left me quite oily. This could possibly be too harsh, but I still use it twice a day because it cleans very well. A small problem with this is that it makes a big black mess everywhere which I don't mind cleaning up but the annoying part is that it gets stuck in my fingernails which doesn't come out very easily and makes me look like I have dirty hands but I can live with that lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by mysterons

If you have oily/ combo skin and have a lush near you- you need to try this. If not- next time you order online from lush ask for a sample and us your sample once a week. This works really well, lasts a long time, and is completely worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Kately

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with this. I love that it is both a scrub and a cleanser in one. I hate that it is so hard to wash off! I think this is great for oily/combo skin, it reminds me of Coalface, but it's not as drying and it has the added benefit of having ground charcoal in it to exfoliate your skin. The downside is that the charcoal can be really scratchy. It is also impossible to rinse off. Even if you use a face towel to wipe it off, you will still need to go through maybe 2 to 3 cotton balls with toner to completely remove this. I think it does help with acne and fighting oiliness, but the fact that it is so hard to remove makes this something I would not repurchase. Also, it's kind of harsh for everyday use. I do lovee the smell though, smells like licorice.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by ilovemac03

This product irritates my skin even if i use it with very light pressure. I have sensitive skin so i guess thats why, i prefer AOBS. I have yet to find a good scrub for my sensitive skin :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by missbutterworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my first LUSH facial product and i must say i LOVE it! the skin glows after this and my pores are reduced! highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by MsSunshineGal27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this product at LUSH because I am currently battling hormonal/pregnancy acne just on my forehead and temples. I was looking for something that would help smooth out the texture, control the oil and clear up the acne and this was it. It is quite messy, but I typically only use it in the shower. I don't mind the smell of charcoal and the grittiness is just what I was looking for. My face felt so smooth afterward and I also felt that my skin seemed brighter and less dull. I would not recommend this for sensitive or dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

This was another freebie over the summer, I had a huge LUSH haul and got it for free. The lady it was great for oily/acne prone skin. Um, its suppose to be a scrub?? Um okay...don't remember it being like that. Kinda grainy in texture but not scrub like like Sweet Japanese Girl. I tried to not be put off by the colour and the smell and texture. I have used their other face washes with the same texture and it wasn't bad. But the smell wasn't great, I didn't feel it cleansed very well. I hated that the black stuff got really reallyyyyyyyyyy stuck in places on my face and then it would get on my towels. Ugh, I threw it away after a week. Sorry Dark Angels... I had to rinse my face six or seven times... I'd rather not take that long washing my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by ladymarion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

love this scrub! i would never ever use this as a daily cleanser though, i's really a heavy duty scrub! I use it twice to three times a week, and it leaves me with the smoothest and softest skin!! not a great fan of the scent, kinda like liquorice, which i detest, but it's only on my skin for a couple of minutes so i can live with it. I payed 8.50 euros which is a fair price for something that does a great job!! would buy it again!