November 26, 2014 | 1257 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by jnetteN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using for about 9 months and I love it. I have black and gray (not sure of exact color) They go on smooth, I can get a precise line, and it blends well. Yes...it does have to be sharpened with each use, so I think you lose a little product with all the shaving but I really like it overall. and i get a lot of compliments.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The L'oreal liquid pencil liner is really creamy and pigmented (I had it in black) and it applies like a dream. It also has incredible staying power and lasts well in humid weather.

However, it wears down quickly and has to be sharpened really frequently. Also, I used it down to less than 1.5 inches and sort of left in in an unused make up bag for a month (went on a trip) and when i got back it was all dried up and un-useable - so I guess continually using the pencil after opening it is also something to watch out for.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by druidzwolf

Completely disappointed. Tugged at the skin on my eye, and not very pigmented. It says it's supposed to be as rich as a liquid liner with the precision of a pencil, but it's very smudgy. I have to layer a lot. Absolutely terrible I wish I had never bought it, and I think it's expensive for the low quality product you're getting.

I am a trained make-up artist and my school (M.U.D.'s) eyeliner is so much better. Sorry L'oreal. I love you but not this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Whittneyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Goes on very creamy and smudges nicely! I also have to reapply during the day, but looks fresh every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by blee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this pencil in black. It goes on really smoothly and lasts all day for me with minimal smudging. I do use UDPP daily. This eyeliner works well on both upper and lower lids and for the waterline. It's my favorite eyeliner hands down. I don't have to bother with cleaning brushes for gel liners, and it gives me the same intensity I look for from my liquid liners. You do have to sharpen fairly often, as it is a very creamy pencil, but it's no big deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by kmcgowan73

Best liner I've found so far. Goes on smooth, easy to apply and stays put. Most eyeliners I've tried in the past seem to disappear by the end of the day. I only use pencil liner - feel like liquid liner is too harsh a look on me - so this is the perfect compromise. Have and will continue to buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

sniff, sniff...this made my eyes red and itchy. I got this based on the MUA reviews. This is a genius idea-gel like liner in a pencil form! I so wanted to love it because it is intense black, goes on smooth and lasts all day. Sadly, this did not work for me. Darn! Still gave it a 3 rating though:)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by mscc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Unfortunately, this product ended up being just like Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner (pencil version), so read my review of that. This one went on a little smoother, but it also smudged, smudged, smudged. I also can't line my waterline with this one either. I didn't try this with primer, but I'm pretty sure the results will be the same for this as they were for Revlon (and I tried that with and without primer).

I guess I'm just going to splurge on Urban Decay's 24/7 Eyeliner so I can tightline with it. I'll write a review on that one as soon as I try it out. I'm also going to see if MAC Fluidline will work on my waterline. If it doesn't, I'll still probably use it for when I apply thick lines.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by WishDreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It goes on very creamy and soft but not too soft where it would smudge easily. It can be either very bold or just a good natrual color. I wouldnt say its the best ive tried but it pretty close.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by xmakemeoverx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I may be in the minority but this eyeliner has disappointed me. I read such positive reviews about this product so I decided to give it a shot, considering that I broke my other eyeliner and needed a new one asap. L'oreal also tends to have good eye products that have a reputation for being reliable so with that in mind, I purchased the eyeliner. While there are some good things about this eyeliner, there are also some things that bother me as well.

The Good: It goes on very smoothly since it glides easily onto the eyes (top and bottom). The color is a really intense matte black and doesn't appear gray like many black eyeliners end up doing. It's easy to smudge the liner to create a smoky look or a more subdued look, depending on what you're going for. However, that's where the positive stops for me.

The Bad: As I mentioned before, it's easy to smudge, but in some cases, that isn't always a good thing. I've tried using it in between the spaces in my eyelashes to create more lush looking lashes that mascara cannot do alone but whenever I do it, it tends to smudge all over my bottom lash line (when I wasn't planning on applying it there anyways) or it ends up creating a ring around my eyes that isn't so attractive. While it glides well onto the eyes, it can also be very messy to apply and even with a smudge brush, it somehow ends up all over the area of my eye. It appears heavy even with smudging because when you try to sharpen it, it still appears dull and has the consistency of a crayon, not a pencil. It also doesn't have the best staying power. It smudges easily throughout the day, even if you haven't done anything to your eyes. I guess this isn't the type of eyeliner I'm looking for. It has some pros but in the end, if it's a pain to use and you receive abysmal results from it, then it's not worth the money. It's actually pretty pricey for a drugstore eyeliner. Even Revlon's colorstay eyeliner is cheaper than this. I definitely won't be repurchasing this in the future.