Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold

4.2

on 9/6/2012 2:36:00 AM

My favourite BB cream! This stuff is amazing, it actually improved the texture of my skin, especially the area around my nose where I have mild seborrhoeic dermatitis (flakies are barely noticeable when I use this). This has a medium to heavy coverage which is better than the skin79 hot pink that I have tried. I love the texture - the cream blends well into the skin and gives me better coverage than concealer does for the day time. The product is buildable and is great for covering minor acne scarring and lightens blemishes - I gently pat extra product onto areas that I want more coverage after the first layer I put all over my face. Although this is targeted for normal to dry skin, I have an oily complexion and this gives a wonderful matt finish where barely any shininess comes until after 5-6 hours (this is with primer & moisturiser underneath and set with translucent powder on top). Skin feels moisturised enough without feeling weighed down by any greasiness that I feel with other BB creams. If I want extra coverage I apply a layer of this product around my nose, under eyes and the corners of my mouth before I apply my normal foundation. Overall this a great product which is fine for both normal and oily/combination skin types with light to medium skin tones (unfortunately it only comes in one colour) and is dirt cheap on ebay when buy it from a korean seller).

on 8/30/2012 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I had very high expectations for this product. There were so many great reviews and all my youtube makeup gurus were gushing over this bb cream. I got it in Taiwan for a pretty nice price of 399 NT which would equal about $13.

Let's start with the cons first. Bad news first, I always say. It broke me out. Not immediately, but gradually. I've been using it for a good couple of weeks now and although it was fine for the first week or so, I now notice that my cheeks are redder and I have more blemishes than I did before I used this product. It is also kind of cakey, despite the fact that it's supposed to be moisturizing and meant for dry skin. Though this could probably be a result of my acne... my pores.. and my dry skin.

Now the pros, it does indeed have nice coverage. It's not very full and doesn't cover up my flaws, but let's face it.. I have acne. It's not going anywhere. But I don't really like complete coverage anyway. It looks more natural this way. Which leads to my second pro... it has a pretty light feeling so it feels more natural as well. I love how it oxidizes to your skin tone. At first it looks ghastly white, but if you give it a good ten minutes, it should oxidize just fine. As for it's whitening effect, it is kind of noticeable.. perhaps more so after longer use.

Now although it made me break out, I still like it. I would definitely recommend this for people that don't have acne, or if you only have a few blemishes here and there. But if you have actual acne patches like me, this is probably not for you. I probably won't buy this again unless I rid of my acne entirely.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got a sample pack of this, 4 BB creams to try, and after swatching them all on my hand, decided to use the Gold first. After 3 weeks, the tube is almost empty. I like the scent and the texture of this product, and use it as a primer of sorts, patting it onto my face lightly. It's a bit dark for my NW15ish skin, and I did notice some whiteheads with prolonged use... oily girls beware it contains oil and is better suited for drier skin types. But it feels good and makes my makeup last longer. I would probably repurchase it. I actually prefer it to the Pink cream!

on 8/18/2012 1:07:00 PM

I have used both the pink and gold label, and I love the gold label. It has a thick creamy consistency, which means a little goes a long way. A dime sized pump works for your entire face. It is fairly full coverage and I love that it gives me a dewy yet matte complexion (does that make sense? My face doesn't look oily, but it also looks glowy). It goes on grey, but don't be wary - it oxidizes in a few minutes - because this BB cream is supposed to adjust to your skin tone. This BB cream also improved the unevenness of my skin. It really worked to lighten any spots and I really recommend it, especially if you're not a fan of foundations.

on 8/17/2012 1:43:00 PM

I use this mixed with sunscreen; it's thick and a bit hard to spread on my face but the mixture spreads more easily. Liking how this combination seems to even skin tone. But I found another odd use for it-I got a bad poison ivy rash a few weeks ago on legs, and the BB cream seems to cover the remaining dark areas.

on 8/16/2012 7:37:00 PM

This was my first BB cream, I'll admit, and I LOVE it. I'm not the makeupy type and I've got sensitive skin and foundations always seemed cakey to me. Then I heard about BB creams, bought this one, and I have to say it's awesome and very natural/fresh looking. I've bought it twice, from yesstyle, and it's the real thing. It lightens your skin and corrects the tone when you put it on, and it doesn't have too shiny a finish, it's dewy, but not overly dramatic.It's perfect and I'd buy it again and again. It does have a smell, but it's not too noticeable and it's really pleasant. The packaging is super awesome, and it lasts me about 6 or 7 months per bottle. I'd definitely recommend this.

on 8/11/2012 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've tried the gold label and the hot pink label. Both work very well for me and I am satisfied with both products. These products go on "gray" and oxidize to match your skin color in a few minutes. I'm a NW20 and these BB creams work well. I would definitely purchase this again.

on 8/11/2012 4:26:00 AM

I have been reading reviews on my trusty old Makeupalley for years now, but this is the first time I have ever been compelled to write a review. Though I loved the way this product looked on my skin.. IT MAKE ME BREAK OUT. BAD. I'm not talking about one or two pimples. My forehead, my cheeks had about 20 clogged pores in each area. It took me about 4 months of treatment to get rid of most of the clogged pores. Honestly, I tried this product in early March and now its August and my skin is FINALLY back to how it was before this product.

When I first researched this product I ignored the few bad reviews and decided to just go for it because I really wanted to try a BB cream. I had heard this one was good and a pretty popular pick. The price was relatively cheap compared to my usual Make Up For Ever HD Foundation which retails at $42 for about 1 oz. I got this BB cream for prettyandcute.com for $22 for about 1.4 oz.

First few days that I wore this my skin just looked so GLOWLY and naturally flawless. I have some scars on my cheeks left from old acne and it covered them up decently, just a little bit of concealer and my skin looked flawless. I started noticing little bumps on my face a week later but I figured it must have been stress from finals week and could not possibly be this BB cream that is supposed to have all these skin benefits. I think I was in denial because this BB cream made my skin look SO DAMN GOOD. Then 3 weeks passed and one day I just looked at my skin and thought.. what the eff is going on... my whole face was covered in little bumps slowly but surely. I felt like I was getting new ones every day. I stopped using the BB cream and I stopped getting new clogged pores however the old one took FOREVER to heal. I basically had to use retin A to unclog the pores and it's a LONG process. Anyways, I hope this long review is helpful to someone. I would not even give this product to my worse enemy!! Foreal.

on 8/11/2012 12:58:00 AM

My fav bb cream so far.
PROS:
-great at covering pores and evening my skin tone, so I don't have weird redness
-it settles into the skin nicely (at first, it will seem thick but after after a few minutes everything is perfect.)
-a very natural look - not to the extend of perfect flawless look, so it looks so natural that people won't notice I put anything on.
-last over 5 hours and my cheeks didn't go flaky after being out the entire day ( I have oily t-zone, but very dry cheeks)
-it actually whitens my skin
-reasonable price

CONS:
-light coverage (although it is great at covering pores and redness, this bb cream can only 'lighten" your dark spots)
-it does get a bit oily on my nose, so I usually put a little bit of blotting powder, then everything will be fine.

So, overall I really like this bb cream. I've tried Missha signature bb cream and people around me really like it, but it didn't work for me because my cheeks will go all flaky after a few hours. But this gold bb cream doesn't.

on 8/9/2012 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was my first BB cream. I did a lot of research to find a good, affordable one. First off, I do not wear foundation and almost no makeup so I only really want light coverage. Being Asian, I have heard about BB Creams for years and finally, wanted to see what the hype is all about. My skin is normal, use to be combo, but now I'm more prone to dryness than anything. I am also pale for an East Asian so most of the light shades work on me (MAC NC20). I use this most days and just one little pump of it.

Pros:
-Affordable
-Minimizes redness
-Light, oxidizes well, looks smooth and matte
-Some oil control
-No trouble removing it
-Packaging looks cute and pump gives right amount

Cons:
-Not moisturizing enough for me
-No cap on the packaging (pain to travel with)
-Can be expensive if you do not find a decent, reputable seller
-Unavailable locally
-If I put two layers on, I can see the greyish tone.

CONCLUSION: Great beginner BB cream. As with all BB creams, I wear a moisturizer underneath and sometimes a sunblock (under or over). I have been wearing this all summer and it's been OK for me, but I just got the Lioele Water Drop because this Skin79 won't cut in the winter. Get the Pink if you have oily/combo. Get this if you have normal, but if you live in dry areas or have dry skin, it's not moisturizing enough.
***
ETA: This broke me out after consistent use. :( So took off two lippies because I think it's ok for occasional use, but not on my regularly. Also, I've been reading how Skin 79 products break out a lot of girls so I'm avoiding this brand in the future.