April 19, 2014 | 1684 users online

Lip Treatments - Palmers - Cocoa Butter Stick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 5:28:00 PM More reviews by workandgirl

This is such a great, basic, well worth the 1.23 I spent on it item!

I bought one of these one a whim at CVS because I have to have a lip balm any place where I am (e.g. the car, the office, the kitchen, the living room, my bedroom, the bathroom). Boy am I glad I bought this! It's way cheaper than regular ole Chapstick and actually lasts longer!

This glides on very smoothly, almost creamy in its texture. It smells great and has a faint chocolate-y taste. What more could a girl ask for?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by fancythat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! I like to use it at night, right before bed as a lip balm. It glides on effortlessly and feels light and very moisturizing. It smells/taste just like chocolate - yummy. I also like that it doesn't smear all over my pillow cases (or my husband, for that matter). I bought this at Walmart for about $2. It's a huge tube and will last forever. I will buy this again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 5:57:00 PM More reviews by loverspice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great price, great product, superb moisturizer for all sort of skin dryness. No allergy, no deep pocket loss, no chemicals, additives, or toxic substance. Great for stretch marks and scars too! Where can we gal find something less than $3.00 bucks that can do all this! Not to mention how portable it is just to stick it into your jacket, purse, or pocket. I have one of this stick everywhere, even in the work place.
I religously buy this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2007 12:35:00 AM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I keep this product in my purse for spot treatment of dry hands when lotion would be messy/inconvenient. It smells HEAVENLY, like being in an ice cream parlor (and I don't even like white chocolate). Unfortunately not moisturizing enough to use as a lip balm, but worth keeping for the divine scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2007 1:00:00 PM More reviews by veronick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff!!!! No more chapped lips ever! It works so well, it's cheap, it last forever, it smells like chocolate...Put this in a pretty packaging and this would be perfect!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite lip balm of all time. Nothing soothes my dried lips like this, and it gets rid of painful chapping overnight. I also use it often as a nighttime intensive under eye treatment for dryness/wrinkles, etc. It does not cause milia and it really moisturizes. I love the smell - buttery chocolate!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2007 11:48:00 AM More reviews by riri101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I always have 1 in my purse for my lips. By my bed I have 2, 1 for the lips and 1 for misc spots on body (feet, knees, cuticles, elbows, etc). This stuff is amazing, its great for everything, and clean with the stick application. BTW, I also have like 3 others floating around (work, purses, etc). Everyone needs one!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2007 11:32:00 AM More reviews by kissykissy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I HATE HATE HATE this product. I mentioned to my very sweet coworker that I was looking for a 100% Cocoa Butter stick, and she bought me this because she thought that's what this was. Something in it irritates my skin, ESPECIALLY my lips. It makes my lips burn when I put it on, and causes me to get cold sores, when under normal non-stress situations I have none. When I put this product on especially dry areas of my body like feet, elbows, and knees, it made the problem worse, giving me dry, flaky, itchy skin. It's more expensive and much inferior to just plain old 100% cocoa butter.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2007 2:14:00 AM More reviews by GiNNERS112

This might actually be a better lipbalm than Burt's Bee. The stick is a little big for my lips but oh well. And it heals dry skin.

*Edit* After using this for a very long time, I've noticed a pimple forming around my mouth/kind of on my lips, then another. AH the madness. Oh well. AND wherever I take it out to apply it people ask if it's a glue stick! They should reformulate it and take out the mineral oil!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2007 9:18:00 AM More reviews by silverfish

I have to say that I am one of the rare people who hates this product although I do love the body moisturiser version. I am allergic to one of the ingredients in the lipbalm and my lips started swelling up and burning like crazy almost immediately upon application. It took a few hours for the swelling to go down.

Scared the crap out of me when it happened. I have never had problems with lipbalms before.

None of my girl friends have this problem though and they love the stuff. One of them has given up Vaseline in favour of this.

Me? I think I'll stick to Vaseline in the meantime.