November 27, 2014 | 1537 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by krsn89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

MAC Studio Finish was the first concealer I ever bought and it is the one of the only things I continuously repurchase because I love it so much. Studio Finish comes in a little plastic pot with a clear flip top lid that snaps in place. It is $22 CAD for 7 g / 0.24 oz at MAC. It is creamy and incredibly opaque. When I first bought this, I was 15 and extremely acne prone and my face was zit city. This has never made me break out and it has never failed to cover up anything I need it to. I'm now 23 and still adore this stuff for covering up redness and the occasional zit, as well as some dark hyperpigmentation. My skin has always scarred very easily from acne, and on top of that, the scars will ALWAYS turn into extremely dark brown spots on my skin which take forever to go away. This concealer has no problem covering those spots. This also covers red, active acne very well and completely covers redness around my nose and cheeks. I've also used this on my neck when I had accidentally burnt myself with my curling iron! This is very high coverage and blends and layers beautifully.

I personally do not like applying anything with my fingers, so I use either a small synthetic detailer brush and/or a fluffy but slightly dense blending brush (like the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush or MAC 224) to apply it, depending on what I'm covering up. I just dip the brush in the pot and I have no difficulty blending it out on my skin. I am an NC35 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid so I use this most often in NC35, but I also own it in NC30 and NW30 to mix with depending on where I am applying it and the time of year. I don't usually use anything on my undereye area, but if I do, I use this with a fluffier brush. I can totally see why people don't like it for undereyes though, it is not a moist formula at all. I also love putting this below and even above my browbone to clean up my brow area. This lasts ALL DAY on me and I have super oily but also dehydrated skin. I have fallen asleep with this on and it stays. I have been out in rain and snow and this stays. I have been out in the super humid and scorching Toronto summers and this stays. You get the picture. Another wonderful thing about this foundation is that because it is so opaque, you don't use a lot and it lasts for ages! Each pot lasts me about a year, so the price doesn't bother me at all. I only end up repurchasing before it's completely done because I get paranoid about germs. The only issue I sometimes have with it is that if I get oily in parts where I have concealed (ie. chin or around nose) it will start to look almost creased but it's easily fixed with a finger. It doesn't happen all the time, and it seems to happen with certain liquid foundations I use. This concealer also plays well under or on top of powders. IME it doesn't really flashback in photos, even with the SPF, but I do blend it out very well. I seriously hope MAC never discontinues this stuff because I have been using it for so long that I don't know what I'd do without it! This is an excellent concealer and it is my HG for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

A nice concealer that works well. Has a creamy texture that is easy to bland. I use it for blemishes and red areas on my skin. Normally no powder is required unless I am having really oily skin days.
I have warm light-medium skin tone and use the product in shade NW20. It can be bit too light for me for the summer months though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Miltonh81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favourite concealer!. I use nw15 which matches my skin tone perfectly and is just perfect for covering dark circles. This really does cover spots and scars very well and I find it lasts all day underneath my BM matte foundation, it doesn't cake on me and I have very oily skin at the moment. You do only need to use a small amount and as a huge plus I found that applying a little all over my eyelid and up to the brow made a great eyeshadow primer and gave a clean base to apply too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by SassyCappy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20 is my ultimate must have! I love this concealer, however I don't use it as an under eye concealer because, like other users have said, it creases terribly on me. I use it primarily for underneath my chin, where I have scarring. I also use it to cover red spots and blemishes. The coverage is amazing, but I do find that I need to reapply it midday. Overall, it's a great product and I suggest this concealer to others. I just wish it was a little cheaper (maybe $12 instead of $18), I think it's well worth the money. It's a definite must have for me and a staple product in my makeup collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this in NC15 from a well respected eBay seller of Mac products.

I was quite reluctant to try a Mac face concealer to begin with, because I've heard so many people say that Mac face products are kryptonite for people with acne prone skin.

However, I had used up my Tony Moly concealer and I really wanted to try something new.
First off, if you have dry skin, you have to lower your expectations of this product. The consistency is quite thick, and I only find it works well on hyper-pigmentation and blemishes.
Using it under the eyes, big no no (in my opinion).

This is a really nice, high coverage product. For dry skinned gals like myself, the usual 'well moisturize, well prime' routine will apply to you, otherwise it can get very cakey looking.

This is kind of expensive, but the amount of product does last a pretty long time.
Also, for myself being very acne prone, I have never broken out from this, which is very nice.
The only reason I can't give this product five lippies is because it's just a little less creamy than I would like, not too much but it makes a big difference on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've been on the hunt for a good undereye concealer. i initially bought the pro longwear concealer..which faded, creased, and made my eyes watery. so i returned it and got this one. i like this one better.however, i did have a couple of the same issues.. but to a lesser degree. had some slight fading and creasing but this one does not irritate my eyes. i have dry undereyes and this concealer is much more moisturizing. will continue using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Anabeel

I love the coverage, color, and consistency. But it creases under my eyelids terribly. I've tried applying powder but it still creases or ends up looking specky under my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Vana104

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This concealer seems to last foreverrrr which is a big plus since i love this concealer. The coverage is buildable and it covers my acne marks well. I have oil skin so i don't find this product drying at all. Don't know if it's my HG concealer but this is definitely the best concealer i have used so far.When I'm going to school i use this concealer to cover up my marks, put on some powder and im good to go. People always comment that my marks have cleared up nicely but they don't know it's thanks to my mac concealer :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's great coverage, I found the perfect shade for me~ It was great for dark circles.
However, after 2 weeks(?) I noticed it was breaking me out so I stopped using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by RM077

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't love this concealer but I do like it and I have repurchased it. It's packaged in a handy little tub and you get a lot of product for our money too - I always find it lasts me ages! I don't use this under my eyes as it looks cakey and feels to drying but it's good for the face. It gives full coverage and easily conceals my imperfections and blemishes. Only a small amount needs to be used as it can start looking cakey if too much is applied. I always make sure my skin is well moisturised before using this too as I do find it quite drying. It can also be a little difficult to blend due to the thick texture so applying onto moisturised skin or on top of a makeup primer is always ideal for a more natural finish. This is my favourite concealer for the face that I've tried which is why I keep repurchasing it - although it is not my HG and I'm sure there are better concealers out there.