MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

on 9/20/2013 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I got this in NC30, a week later, I was already at NC40. Le sigh. Anyway, this review is not about color match, but performance.
First off, it is deceptively opaque for how greasy/slippery it feels on the finger. If I don't use a light hand, my undereyes look terrible and panda-like, sort of thick and fake and try-hard. I wouldn't say this is for concealing dark circles but rather blemishes, where this works perfectly with a tiny little brush and a scribbly motion. A little does go a long way and I don't see myself repurchasing ever since it will probably last me into the afterlife.

The only thing that doesn't agree with me is its pot form. I wouldn't recommend fingers with this in the first place, but this means it's not very convenient to travel with. Also stashed in the trashcan that is my collection I get it confused with MAC e/s and I sometimes just opt for a different concealer lol.

on 9/20/2013 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is by far the rolls royce of concealers it gives impeccable coverage its definitely full coverage and the fact that it will last a long time is an extra added bonus I have tried low end to high end concealers and this by far is my top concealer I have used thus far its the only thing that covers my purple dark circles with ease and it actually stays put which most concealers don't I use nw15 and it matches my fair complexion perfectly if you haven't found the perfect concealer your search ends here.UPDATE I have to rate this badly that being because it is just too far to dry and that is why it spreads unevenly and just looks a cakey mess am going to try mac pro wear long wear concealer and hope for the best.

on 9/19/2013 10:56:00 PM

ive been using this concealer for a little while now. i love love love it for covering blemishes and sometimes annoying redness on my cheeks. its really pigmented and can cover almost anything! i dislike it under my eyes because i find it abit to heavy and because its creamy, my mascara and liner always transfer down! urgh then i try to wipe it away then i just have greyish under eyes, but over all this concealer is creamy, really pigmented and a joy to use! recommend to anyone!

on 9/16/2013 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm REALLY, really impressed by this. I really liked the Pro Longwear concealer, but it wasn't covering really red blemishes, especially fresh ones, so I decided to get one of these. I've had a more solid form before of concealer, and liked it for the most part, but it didn't stay well, oxidized and creased really well and I think that's why I put it off because I thought it would happen again.

I'm normally an NW15, but she gave me NC15 for the redness and I was surprised at how well it blended into my cool toned skin, it wasn't blaintly obvious about where it was at. What I was most surprised at was how creamy the texture was. It's thick, but creamy, not drying, doesn't feel like it's caking on your skin, and I really hate to say this, but "blends like a dream", which I've never experienced. Make-up doesn't stay on my face for some reason, but this does. Half of my foundation will be gone, my blush, but my places are concealed or it's fainted just a little, but gradually all over, not in splotches.

I was also worried about the size for the price, a little goes a long way, very pigmented, I feel like it was a very smart purchase for me and I'm very grateful for it. I'm someone who doesn't like to buy something that amount unless it's good, I read many reviews before I make a choice and this is definitely one of those things that I feel like I made not only a good choice, but wondering why I didn't earlier.

on 9/13/2013 7:20:00 PM

This stuff is good- does the job, good coverage for imperfections etc, yet somehow I find I never use it...this is maybe testament to the fact that its quite heavy duty- and I often opt for an ever so slightly lighter concealer. It's thickness also makes me worry that it'll aggravate my spots, although I don't wear it everyday and therefore can neither confirm or refute that. Ultimately, if you're looking for a thick, heavy coverage concealer- this works. Could you get one of equal quality at a cheaper price? Probably. I doubt ill repurchase, but if you've got the money and haven't found a decent enough one from a decent brand this could be worth a go...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am so glad I purchased this concealer. I am nearly as pale as they come (although it's still the end of summer, so I have some color), and this NW15 shade works perfectly for me. I've been on the hunt for a concealer that actually works to cover blemishes and scars and this is a great concealer for that purpose. It's very thick and has a very dry texture compared to most concealers, which really works for high coverage. It's still easy to blend into the skin. It lasts all day on me as well, which is great. This is well worth the money if you need something to really cover acne and especially acne scars.

on 9/5/2013 10:57:00 AM

A product that i cannot live without. Im a face product girl, foundations and concealers are my thing! This concealer is one of the best ive ever used, its been over a year since i renewed it and theres still lots of product left in that pot! I personally LOVE thick and creamy concealers, the point is to conceal right? So, this does the perfect job. I use it every single day, love love love.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This has always been in my makeup train. If you have dry skin this isn't for you, it will accentuate your dry spots so much. If you want to use this, you have to moisturize really really well for this to look nice. Warm it up with the heat of your fingers before you apply this. This is great at covering acne scars and acne and doesn't make me break out. If you have the makeup primer La base, this would work for you dry skin too.

Love this concealer covers everthing love it!

This is my favourite concealer that I own, it does what it's suppose to....which is conceal. It's the perfect colour for my skin tone, it's not too orange but matches fairly well. It comes in a fairly large quantity if you're only covering small areas of your face this concealer will last for a very long time and is certainly worth the money. It could also be used as a foundation if you really wanted to. I love this stuff.

Top Rated MAC Products