MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

on 8/23/2013 9:50:00 PM

I love this product! I have NC15 combination skin with slight blemishes, and mild dark circle, and NC15 is the perfect shade for me.

I love how creamy and full coverage it is- definitely a staple in my makeup bag. I use it everyday over my foundation and green concealer (to cancel redness). I first use my hand sanitizer to get all the germs out of the way, and then I dip my finger into the pot, warm it up and then press/blend with my fingers onto the blemish. I find that's the best way- using a concealer brush makes it a bit difficult as it is a thick, slightly dry product. At the very least, warm it up with your finger before using a brush.

I use this under the eye sometimes, but it's definitely not the best for concealing dark circles as it tends to be cakey/thick for the eye area. If you are looking for a concealer solely for dark circles, skip over this one as it's a thick full coverage concealer made for blemishes.

This concealer can also a bit drying if you already have dry skin to begin with- so think about that before buying.

I haven't broken out from this product, but my skin is hardly sensitive or breaks out easily from products. I do recommend that you get a sample and try it out before buying because everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to different products (what a sentence!).

Sometimes I do find that it starts to transfer if I accidentally touch my face in the middle of the day, but I do have combo skin so nothing major.

I like the flip top pot packaging, very sleek and nice, and it seems to last forever! I've had it for about 2 or 3 months and have hardly made a dent in it.

Wonderful product over all, makes my skin look flawless and gorgeous.

on 8/22/2013 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is a staple in my makeup kit. I bought the shade NC30 which is the color of my skin tone. It covers up pimples and any blemish on my skin. Because its creamy and thick, the coverage is fantastic, it can even cover a bruise very well. I wouldn't recommend it for undereye circles though because the thick consistency will settle into the lines under the eyes.

on 8/21/2013 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this concealer!! It covered my dark circles so well!

It did last for most of the day. I did notice that it faded a tad when I get home from a long day but it's nothing noticeable. I'm actually really impressed with how long it lasts for a concealer without a primer. Make sure you wear a primer either way.

Only downside is that it settles into fine lines. This concealer works better for me when I use my fingers instead of a brush. I love applying this after I put on my "studio fix fluid" in NC45.

Although it's a bit pricey, it's definitely worth it. I bought this pot a year ago and I've still got a long way to go 'till I hit pan. It feels so smooth on my skin. It's SO easy to blend. It literally just melted in. It gives you such flawless looking skin. This concealer makes the biggest difference. Love it! + the smell doesn't bother me at all.

Highly recommend!

on 8/20/2013 10:45:00 PM

the first time the mac artist putbthis on...I looked like an idiot. a few years later I bought it, put on primer under my eyes n used my fingers to help it settle into my skin. it covers better than 90% of concealers...I look so awake! It will sink into fine lines (I have loads, im only 22 :( but...) you must apply it with technique. Cover mostly all the grey dark ring area but near your fine lines, use less and just lightly pat a but on. The product goes a long way so use less near creases. Despite having fine lines...I use this...you should be able to aswell. only other product that works as good is bobbi browns corrector....sadly it costs a damn furune :(

on 8/13/2013 3:33:00 AM

Lasts me for quite a while (and I use quite a bit of it). Bought it several times already, only concealer I've been using for the last 3 years. Really nice coverage and blends well. Rather long lasting, don't find it too cakey. It's a good idea to get the staff to colour match you rather than picking out a shade for yourself.

on 8/12/2013 6:17:00 PM

This is my HG concealer!!!! I absolutely love this stuff so so much. A little goes a long way with this product as it is thick. It covers acne scars, gross monster pimples that just happen to pop up right before a big event, redness, anything you name it. After reading some not so good reviews about breakouts from this product I was hesitant to buy it at first oh so many years ago but I am glad that I did as I have not suffered a single breakout or had any sort of rash from this product. It is an absolute must have in my makeup bag!! Will keep using and buying time and time again.

Note: The wonderful lady at the MAC store told me that you should go a shade lighter in concealers as it will cover better when you apply your foundation or BB cream over. I have been using an NW 20 for the longest time. I hope this little note can help somebody when they are trying to buy a new color.

It's a bit thick and cakey for my liking. It covers really well on redness and scars but not for spots, it seems to make my spots look worse, so for the price you have to pay for it there are definitely better concealers out there. But I think maybe this is a personal thing as I really don't like heavy or thick makeup because I have acne probe skin

on 8/11/2013 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product did nothing for me. I have dark circles under my eyes that I wanted to cover and this product did not do that for me. The staying power is not great either.I was disappointed because I read so many great reviews about it. I returned it and I purchased the Smash Box HD concealer and I like this one much better.

on 8/7/2013 10:17:00 PM

This is a pretty good concealer in terms of non-creasing and longevity but the only problem I have with it is that the pot formula is not really that hygienic and I work as a makeup artist so I constantly have to sanitize and I feel like I'm wasting product. Also, the concealer is not that pigmented - if you want a log of pigmentation and creaminess, check out Kryolan or Ben Nye because they have better coverage for a cream concealer that doesn't crease. However, this does have some coverage - light - medium so it covers some blemishes and slight undereye circles pretty well.

on 8/6/2013 10:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is my HG concealer! I have extremely fair normal-to-combination skin, and this works wonders!
I use this concealer under my eyes and to cover up blemishes and hyperpigmentation, and it does the job perfectly! I don't have extremely dark circles, so I haven't had problems covering them like so many other reviewers have had.
The formula is THICK. If you tend to be dry, this may look a little cakey on you (especially in the under-eye area), but it's perfect for normal to oily skin! It has a very long wear time too if you set it with powder. It has a huge shade range, and runs lighter than most MAC foundations (thank god, because they're almost all too dark/yellow for me)
Don't let the tiny little pot fool you. There's a ton of product in it. It has currently lasted me over a year, and it's only about half empty, which is amazing given I use it every day!
It's also very affordable. As far as high end concealers go, 18 dollars isn't that much for a great product that lasts forever!