MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.8

on 8/20/2013 10:45:00 PM

the first time the mac artist putbthis on...I looked like an idiot. a few years later I bought it, put on primer under my eyes n used my fingers to help it settle into my skin. it covers better than 90% of concealers...I look so awake! It will sink into fine lines (I have loads, im only 22 :( but...) you must apply it with technique. Cover mostly all the grey dark ring area but near your fine lines, use less and just lightly pat a but on. The product goes a long way so use less near creases. Despite having fine lines...I use this...you should be able to aswell. only other product that works as good is bobbi browns corrector....sadly it costs a damn furune :(

on 8/13/2013 3:33:00 AM

Lasts me for quite a while (and I use quite a bit of it). Bought it several times already, only concealer I've been using for the last 3 years. Really nice coverage and blends well. Rather long lasting, don't find it too cakey. It's a good idea to get the staff to colour match you rather than picking out a shade for yourself.

on 8/12/2013 6:17:00 PM

This is my HG concealer!!!! I absolutely love this stuff so so much. A little goes a long way with this product as it is thick. It covers acne scars, gross monster pimples that just happen to pop up right before a big event, redness, anything you name it. After reading some not so good reviews about breakouts from this product I was hesitant to buy it at first oh so many years ago but I am glad that I did as I have not suffered a single breakout or had any sort of rash from this product. It is an absolute must have in my makeup bag!! Will keep using and buying time and time again.

Note: The wonderful lady at the MAC store told me that you should go a shade lighter in concealers as it will cover better when you apply your foundation or BB cream over. I have been using an NW 20 for the longest time. I hope this little note can help somebody when they are trying to buy a new color.

It's a bit thick and cakey for my liking. It covers really well on redness and scars but not for spots, it seems to make my spots look worse, so for the price you have to pay for it there are definitely better concealers out there. But I think maybe this is a personal thing as I really don't like heavy or thick makeup because I have acne probe skin

on 8/11/2013 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product did nothing for me. I have dark circles under my eyes that I wanted to cover and this product did not do that for me. The staying power is not great either.I was disappointed because I read so many great reviews about it. I returned it and I purchased the Smash Box HD concealer and I like this one much better.

on 8/7/2013 10:17:00 PM

This is a pretty good concealer in terms of non-creasing and longevity but the only problem I have with it is that the pot formula is not really that hygienic and I work as a makeup artist so I constantly have to sanitize and I feel like I'm wasting product. Also, the concealer is not that pigmented - if you want a log of pigmentation and creaminess, check out Kryolan or Ben Nye because they have better coverage for a cream concealer that doesn't crease. However, this does have some coverage - light - medium so it covers some blemishes and slight undereye circles pretty well.

on 8/6/2013 10:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is my HG concealer! I have extremely fair normal-to-combination skin, and this works wonders!
I use this concealer under my eyes and to cover up blemishes and hyperpigmentation, and it does the job perfectly! I don't have extremely dark circles, so I haven't had problems covering them like so many other reviewers have had.
The formula is THICK. If you tend to be dry, this may look a little cakey on you (especially in the under-eye area), but it's perfect for normal to oily skin! It has a very long wear time too if you set it with powder. It has a huge shade range, and runs lighter than most MAC foundations (thank god, because they're almost all too dark/yellow for me)
Don't let the tiny little pot fool you. There's a ton of product in it. It has currently lasted me over a year, and it's only about half empty, which is amazing given I use it every day!
It's also very affordable. As far as high end concealers go, 18 dollars isn't that much for a great product that lasts forever!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

much coverage!

on 8/5/2013 9:28:00 AM

HG under-eye concealer. Opaque/full coverage, literally makes dark circles disappear..

on 7/30/2013 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This was the first concealer I ever purchased that was good enough to be a HG for me.

I love these little pot, and I will never be without it. This is a great concealer for acne sufferers. This does for me what I hoped Benefit's erase paste would do, and it comes in so many colors that it really blends into the skin flawlessly, even if you apply a lot.

I find it can be used under or over foundation, i prefer to use it over. If i have very dark marks, I will even use it over my powder as a very last step, and the product does not stick out and look like a crayon mark on my face; it blends right in.

It is thick given the texture, so I wouldn't use this under my eyes or to even out skin tone in general, I really do save it to cover specifically hyperpigmentation acne marks. And it works *perfectly* for that!

If I had to list 5 mu items I absolutely could not be without ever, this would be on that list. I always have a jar. PS-- it lasts FOREVER. I think I still have the same pot from like a year ago, and it's not even halfway done, and I use this a ton.

Before this my "go to" acne covering concealer was the Sephora concealer pencil in light-- and not only was it not a perfect match, BUT I was replacing it like every other month. That pencil was $15, and the mac concealer retails at $18, and there's a lot of product, it is better quality, and it lasts forever. So I really can justify the cost in investing in this product.

I highly recommend.