August 20, 2014 | 1723 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2087 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by augustlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i bought this at macys and i dont regret it at all . i have fair and dry skin so it works well for me . it lasts a long time and blends well. if you have oily skin i recommend that you wash your face first it will make you even more shiny if you dont .

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by lucyzta

I have really mixed feelings on this product. I want to love it (and do love it when it is on) but it breaks me out like CRAZY. It does a good job of concealing but I just end up having more zits that need to be concealed when I wear it. I will take a break from this stuff and come back to it, hoping it is not really what is breaking me out but after about a year of trial and error I have to blame it on this stuff. I tossed it out while it was still half way full. I would not repurchase or recommend. It's too heavy on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by channelalice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I initially purchased this product because i watched a youtube video saying how my mac pro longwear is a medium coverage concealer while this is a full coverage concealer. At that moment, i thought my pro longwear already gives so much concealer. I wanted to try this so badly because i suffer from dark spots, hyper pigmentation and redness. I went mac and picked this up right away, in shade nc20.
I tested this product out for 2 weeks straight and i have to admit that i like my pro longwear much better.

First of all, it's not easy to blend for me, even with a warm finger that i have stuck in my mouth (without contacting my mouth) for couple seconds. it's very heavy and very easy to get cakey. However, it does give a full coverage and covers my extreme redness perfectly.
The sad part is, it does not stay on my oily skin long enough to even survive a school day, with the use of primer and powder over it. sigh, i really wanted to like this product.

Second of all, using this under my eyes was a disaster. people thought i had skin cancer when i put this on, because the concealer was sliding off my lower eyes....

It also emphasizes driness.

I tried many ways to apply this product, with a brush, with a sponge, with fingers, it just didnt do what i was expecting it to do.

i will keeping using this product when i get really bad pigmentation. but normally, i will just layer up my pro longwear.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by biancay

This stuff is magic.
It completely hides any red spots I have. Almost like an eraser. It lasts all day. It doesn't stand out under foundation.
Every time I have wandered and tried out a different brand or type of concealer, it paled in comparison to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Lauraasti

I use this product to cover tattoos and it's great! It was a bit of a splurge though, being a recent college grad with loans, BUDGET is my middle name. But it is worth it! I have very fair, pale/olive skin and have the hardest time finding foundations and concealers that match my skin tone. Warm shades make me look pink, cool ones make me look green/yellow. There's a decent shade selection and it is very easy to mix and match to find something at least passable for you (I suggest testing it in the store if it's your first time trying it, so you can really get the color right). I use NW15 and NC15 combined. The package looks small, but a little goes a long way, no matter what you're trying to conceal. I would suggest a primer before and a setting powder after though, I have a feeling this stuff will crease without it. Also doesn't rub off on clothes (unless you intentionally try it, of course) and won't wear off if you find yourself caught in a rain storm! Blends fairly well, I find a sponge and patting my finger works best for this. A little heavy for my personal facial preferences, but not bad at concealing the tattoo on my arm. Definitely recommend and will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by xoxmelissaa

I have been using this concealer for 3 years. I love it, it covers my face flawlessly, and looks beautiful in photos. Ever since recently, I haven't been wearing any foundation or powder, only concealer because I have terrible dark circles. I use an NC42 and I have noticed that when I use it, it turns orange, and it looks very obvious because I am not wearing any foundation or powder. I haven't been using it because it turns orange. I know that if I do wear face make up, it would be fine. My sister, however, has this concealer in NC30, which is too light for me but I still use it because it doesn't turn orange. I might purchase the NC35 if it doesn't turn orange on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by jaseyrae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The price of this concealer may seem expensive at first, but after comparing the product amount to other popular concealers (Benefit Boiing) this one is a lot better value.
This concealer is a drier cream consistency. It is perfect for covering up redness, pimples, blemishes, dark spots and all other types of acne or scarring.
I love that this contains an SPF, it helps your acne marks and dark spots not get any darker from sun exposure.
I have bee using this every day for 3 months and absolutely love it.
I use NC20 and it is a perfect match for my skintone.
Lately I've been using my fingertip to blend this in but I have also used a small concealer brush, a large concealer brush, and an eyeshadow blending brush to stipple it on. It all works fantastic with this concealer.
Since this is a dry texture, it doesn't budge, but that doesn't make it a good under eye concealer.
I use this under eyes occasionally but bought it as a blemish concealer for breakouts.
HG concealer for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely satisfied with this concealer! Although I've only tried one other brand of concealer, I definitely prefer MAC studio finish for a few reasons. (1) it contains an SPF of 35 which is beneficial especially for the delicate skin around the eye area, (2) it's the best color match thus far {NC50} so it applies seamlessly to the point where I don't have to apply a full face of makeup to blend it, and (3) the size of the container is very makeup-bag friendly:) The price point is higher than drugstore brands; however, that is to be expected...after all it is by M.A.C. so I was prepared to spend a bit more than I would at my CVS, Target, Walgreens or Walmart. Works very well to mute the darkness under my eyes as well as on my eyelids. I've heard some ladies say the packaging is unsanitary because its in a pot, therefore, to apply you have to use your fingertips or a concealer brush-- double-dipping-- but as long as you're not applying with dirty hands or brushes you'll be fine. I highly recommend this product. BIG UPs to M.A.C. for gracing my makeup collection with this gem.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by sarah2495

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have been using this for about 2 years. I LOVE IT. it conceals like no other concealer! i have REALLY REALLY BAD dark circles. they are hereditary so when i dont get enough sleep, it looks even worse! those days the darkness still kind of shows through, but i do have really bad dark circles, its unbelievable how bad they are.
one of the two things i do not like about this, it does crease a little bit. setting it with powder helps though. the reason i gave it a 3/5 for packaging though is because when the concealer is almost done, i have to kind of dig it out. and sometime gets into my nails . yuck. but overall, the best concealer i have tried so far. this is definitely my HG concealer because it gives amazing coverage.
and this concealer creases the least for me of all the concealers i have tried. this and laura mericer are the only high end concealers i have tried.
and my under eye fine lines are prone to creasing. i bought it for $24 CAD at The Bay.
EDIT* forgot to say that i sometimes use this to conceal my acne marks and scars and my acne, when it was really bad. it covered it really well.
Tip: when you are applying this, warm it up with your finger. just rub your finger into the pot a little than apply. this has made it easier for me to apply and for a while i didnt do this, but i just started doing this and it has helped my eye area not look so dry.
This product will only fully work on the eye area if you warm it up first. this is gonna sound weird but...I have also found that if you "blow dry" it for about 30 seconds it warms up really well. and makes application a lot easier. dont blow dry too close of course

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by tshan89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this since I was 16. The last tube I bought was YEARS ago and I still have half a tubby filled. O_o