July 25, 2014 | 1608 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2081 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by jaseyrae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The price of this concealer may seem expensive at first, but after comparing the product amount to other popular concealers (Benefit Boiing) this one is a lot better value.
This concealer is a drier cream consistency. It is perfect for covering up redness, pimples, blemishes, dark spots and all other types of acne or scarring.
I love that this contains an SPF, it helps your acne marks and dark spots not get any darker from sun exposure.
I have bee using this every day for 3 months and absolutely love it.
I use NC20 and it is a perfect match for my skintone.
Lately I've been using my fingertip to blend this in but I have also used a small concealer brush, a large concealer brush, and an eyeshadow blending brush to stipple it on. It all works fantastic with this concealer.
Since this is a dry texture, it doesn't budge, but that doesn't make it a good under eye concealer.
I use this under eyes occasionally but bought it as a blemish concealer for breakouts.
HG concealer for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely satisfied with this concealer! Although I've only tried one other brand of concealer, I definitely prefer MAC studio finish for a few reasons. (1) it contains an SPF of 35 which is beneficial especially for the delicate skin around the eye area, (2) it's the best color match thus far {NC50} so it applies seamlessly to the point where I don't have to apply a full face of makeup to blend it, and (3) the size of the container is very makeup-bag friendly:) The price point is higher than drugstore brands; however, that is to be expected...after all it is by M.A.C. so I was prepared to spend a bit more than I would at my CVS, Target, Walgreens or Walmart. Works very well to mute the darkness under my eyes as well as on my eyelids. I've heard some ladies say the packaging is unsanitary because its in a pot, therefore, to apply you have to use your fingertips or a concealer brush-- double-dipping-- but as long as you're not applying with dirty hands or brushes you'll be fine. I highly recommend this product. BIG UPs to M.A.C. for gracing my makeup collection with this gem.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by sarah2495

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have been using this for about 2 years. I LOVE IT. it conceals like no other concealer! i have REALLY REALLY BAD dark circles. they are hereditary so when i dont get enough sleep, it looks even worse! those days the darkness still kind of shows through, but i do have really bad dark circles, its unbelievable how bad they are.
one of the two things i do not like about this, it does crease a little bit. setting it with powder helps though. the reason i gave it a 3/5 for packaging though is because when the concealer is almost done, i have to kind of dig it out. and sometime gets into my nails . yuck. but overall, the best concealer i have tried so far. this is definitely my HG concealer because it gives amazing coverage.
and this concealer creases the least for me of all the concealers i have tried. this and laura mericer are the only high end concealers i have tried.
and my under eye fine lines are prone to creasing. i bought it for $24 CAD at The Bay.
EDIT* forgot to say that i sometimes use this to conceal my acne marks and scars and my acne, when it was really bad. it covered it really well.
Tip: when you are applying this, warm it up with your finger. just rub your finger into the pot a little than apply. this has made it easier for me to apply and for a while i didnt do this, but i just started doing this and it has helped my eye area not look so dry.
This product will only fully work on the eye area if you warm it up first. this is gonna sound weird but...I have also found that if you "blow dry" it for about 30 seconds it warms up really well. and makes application a lot easier. dont blow dry too close of course

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by tshan89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this since I was 16. The last tube I bought was YEARS ago and I still have half a tubby filled. O_o

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by rachellyn08

Yuck! I bought this because I read it works well on acne scars/redness....it's horrible! Maybe it's my skin type, but it left my chin extremely flaky and embarrassing. I returned it immediately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

I've been using this for 2 years now and feel more than happy to give it a detailed review. Okay so when i first got this It was 12.50 now its 14.50, cheeky of MAC but whatever it is worth it in my opinion.

Now I got this for my acne scars, acne scars are more susceptible to sun damage as burn easier as the skin is damaged so the high spf in this is a real winner for me, and i find it doesnt come up bad on flash photography. I apply with with my fingers under foundation then with a brush over if my foundation moves it at all which it usually doesn't. It's a very creamy thich solid cream that works best when warmed up with your fingers i find and it covers acne scaring and blemishes like a dream! I set it with powder occasionally but i dont think you need too unless you're going on a night out. It literally covers everything, and a little goes a long way.

I've had mine 2 years almost and still haven't ran out however i have repurchased 2 more and thrown the first one i bought for hygene reasons. I got nc40 for my scarring and i bouhgt nw 20 to use under my eyes to correct dark circles. I was weary of it creasing as i use it to highlight the Kim K way like gossmakeupartist does but nope, it didnt crease, (althought i dont have lines anyway), i think the trick is using a good eye cream and making sure you blend properly. This can be a bit thick so make sure you use a light hand a build up as opposed to slapping it on.

Price v how long it lasts constitutes it for me i didn't run out for over 2 years so that's 7 a year which i can live with easily. It's such a versatile product i'm tempted to get a mega dark shade and try using it as a cream contour under foundation, i own the sculpting cream and i'm not hugely impressed by it but have a feeling these would work great! This and estee lauder maxiumum cover foundations are the two best concealers for acne scarring and blemishes i've come accross, a natural not overly matte but not shiny finish that can be blended into perfection. 5/5 one of my favourite mac products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

Studio Finish Concealer is one of my - if not my favorite cream concealer of all time! I often search for new concealers because I get bored easily with using the same products all of the time, but this concealer never fails me. It's not too dry, and it's not too creamy. It's a good in-between so it spreads easy, yet it doesn't move around. Often cream concealers can be too emollient, causing the concealer to crease, cake up, transfer and look shiny throughout the day, and other powdery consistencies can look dry and flaky throughout the day. I think MAC has the formula down pact on this one. It works well for the under-eyes and it also works well at covering blemishes. My mom also uses this religiously and it works well for some bright sun spots on her face, and other little imperfections that bug her. This is really a multi-purpose concealer that comes in a few different colors depending upon what your trying to conceal. I usually have it in a few different shades - one that matches my face (NC) and one with peachy-pink tones that will counteract my dark under-eyes (NW). I'm never without this stuff in my stash. DEF 5 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Bellasflores

Great concealer!!! I suffered from severe acne and was left with terrible scars ad this concealer did a good job at covering them up! Also in pair with studio fix foundation and studio care blend powder. Great concealer lasted me about 3 years!!! Also great to use under the eyes

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have severe purple dark circles so i thought id try this as a last resort!

Pros: its very thick and has great coverage and is great for blemishes
Cons: it set into my fine lines

This concealer in my opinion was great but i could still see my purple dark circles underneath which meant i had to use 2+ concealers.
If you're after a SEVERE dark circle concealer this probably isnt for you, but if you need a concealer for redness, discolouration or blemishes this would be perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by tb_macpherson

I love the colour and this blends well under my eyes. But my main need for a concealer is to cover my blemishes and I feel I need a lot of product to cover them. However, I suspect my skin breaks out if I use a lot of this product. I can also see the oiliness in my pot at times.

I think I'll switch back to a creamier product after this.