July 29, 2014 | 1183 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

I had to return this. I got this for 60 dollars (canadian) at sephora. Initially I was excited to try this. It felt AMAZING when I tested it on the back on my hand at the store and it does feel super smooth when u first put it on your skin. However, that's pretty much about it for this primer.
For 60 dollars I expected more than the initial silky feeling (which u get from most silicon based primers).
The white cast some people mentioned are true. I went to get my passport picture taken with this on and my face has a whitish grey cast in the photo, the difference between my neck and my face was super noticeable and looked stupid.
It's been unseasonable hot lately here in Toronto (going up to 27 degrees last week) and I work in a studio with giant loft style windows that take in ALOT of sunlight and I tent to get hot while working due to the intense sunlight and sweat/ get shiny.
The primer did absolutely no oil/ shin control for me (on my dry combo skin).

oh and it says it's supposed to correct redness. It didn't (for me)

I've had much better for much cheaper.

It does come in a very elegant packaging and the SPF is a nice added bonus but just didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Lolaire2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this based on the reviews here and I do not like this product. It feels great on the skin when you first apply it but I had the white cast on my face that others describe on this forum. What is worse it that instead of hiding my pores, it highlighted them (i have large pores on my cheeks) so much so that a friend that I have known for 13 years said "What's going on with your face today?" Let me add that I appreciate all the posts here and make sure when I post that I try the product for a few weeks. I also tried variations of one pump or two and even just spot treating. Nothing worked. Should also add that I have yet to find a primer I like. The search continues...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by yone311

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I think this primer is good for those with oily skin or for those who break out with a lot of silicone in whatever primers. I am over 55 and have dry skin. This product is as stated on the box... oil free, fragrance free, paraben free, sulfate free, etc... the word vegan is also used... however it DOES contain slilcone thus that "feel" is noticeable. I'm sure the amount of silicone is way less then say Urban Decay by the way the ingredients are listed. The white look that some reviewers mention is the zinc oxide which is an SPF. This product doesn't really work for me, however I can see where it would for many others. I am one of those that even using one pump, have a whitish look to my skin. I tried using one pump of this product on the back of my hand and Urban Decay on the back of my other hand. Hourglass had a whitish look to my skin and BOTH products had a waterproof like feel when I ran my hand under water. Both needed to be washed off with soap. I am not endorsing Urban Decay, just using it in comparison because it's so popular.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my 3rd repurchase since it launched. The comment that got me to try this ridiculously expensive primer in the first place made reference to the fact that it can prevent fading and creasing around the nose and eyes (I'm allergic to almost everything). It's true. Also, tho it is smoothing and illuminating, it blocks excessive shine and makes any foundation I wear over it look 10x better. It keeps my makeup on through all the sniffling, crying, hives, etc. It grabs concealer well around my eyes without ruining the finish or flaking. Blown away.

For the past month, I've been switching back to primers I enjoyed previously (MUFE HD, Smashbox Light, MAC P&P spf 50) and flat out wasn't satisfied. They either left my skin shiny or blocked my pores. So... I'm currently ruined for lesser primers. This is HG.

Edit: After reading other reviews, I feel it should be mentioned that I always wear CeraVe moisturizer under this. Force of habit since I'm paranoid about flaked skin when I go to put on foundation... flaky skin ruins everything. Primer doesn't replace moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by sxxy0208

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first bought this primer I was looking more to hide the medium-ish pores that have seemed to "grow" on my cheeks in recent months. As for hiding pores I do not find that veil mineral primer does this. It sat in my makeup bag for a few weeks unused but because of the price i wanted to give it another chance. After reading some reviews and trying it again I can appreciate the other qualities it offers. It does a great job of reducing shine and controlling oilies and feels great on the skin... Not as slippery as other primers that seems to also block off your pores and suffocate your face. As for being worth the price I do not think it is necessarily amazing enough to warrant spending the cash but it is a nice product. I also have acne prone skin and this did not give me breakouts or any other negative reactions which I have experienced with some other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by higgsj17

Best primer I have ever used! Stops my makeup from fading and control oil 80 percent . I love the idea that this primer is water resistant which means its perfect for the summer. However the price is $$$$ 52 dollars :s but if your new to the product/ brand at sephora they offer a smaller travel size for 17$ which isn't bad at all. Will purchase again

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Lady_Den

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This primer definitely helps with my oily T-Zone. Plus, it has SPF 15 and feels like satin on application. It’s a bit expensive though, $52. However, this one bottle has lasted me 5 months! Granted, I only apply a pea size amount on my face each morning. I love it though; my pores looks smaller, and thankfully it does not break me out. Plus, it keeps my foundation locked all day, without re-applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by blu3

I've tried several primers and this is by far, the best!! It goes on light and works extremely well. It leaves your face feeling velvety soft. I wish the price was a bit lower though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i have tried many other primers but they all left me feeling oily (and i already have oily skin!), didn't last long, or broke me out. This stuff feels like silk going on your face. It feels amazing! just be careful not to put too much under your eyes or it can start to build up. It does not make me break out, and really works. I tried putting on my foundation without it and you can tell the difference. Without it, my pores look very large and you can't really tell I have any foundation on. It is expensive but worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down, this is the best primer in the world! Well at least in my world, lol I love this stuff! It makes my laura mercier mineral foundation just glide on, my face looks smoother and my foundation last all day with NO touch ups! I actually don't have to blot at all. At the end of the day my makeup still looks fresh. I will say, that if you have dry skin, you must have a good moisturizer on when wearing this, I had a strange day where my skin was dry and flaky (usually normal with oily T zone) and I applied a light moisturizer on before and this totally accentuated the dry patches. Now when my skin is having an off day I just use a heavier cream and this primer allows me to because it keeps the oilies at bay. Well worth every penny I reluctantly(pretty pricey) paid, but you only need about half a pump to get good results so it will last a long time.