October 24, 2014 | 1765 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Normcat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent primer for my skin. It's expensive but worth it. A little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by TaxDollar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am on my second bottle of this. I have tried so many things to control oil and shine throughout the day - primers, powders, everything. This has been the ONLY thing that has ever worked. It also helps my foundation stay put all day (you oily girls know that this is a feat!). I mix it into my Chanel Perfection Lumiere daily (1 pump foundation, 1 pump primer) and it lightens the foundation slightly but not significantly (although I am very pale to begin with). I don't get the same results if I put them on separately.

LOVE this!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by neurosciguy

It's just "meh." Doesn't hide pores, doesn't make makeup last longer, doesn't really do anything. Just skip it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, large pores and very acne prone.

Gave generous samples of this a whirl on 2 separate occasions... just doesn't hide my darn large cheek pores. I wanted to like it so much more, as it did not cause any breakouts. I'm so jealous of you girls of pretty pores. ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've known about this product for a long time but, not being a primer user, I never paid too much attention to it. A friend of mine was praising it to high heaven the other day, so I thought I'd drop by my local Sephora to get a sample. Good thing I did. After only ONE use, this broke me out (damn those 'cones!). I know how acne-unfriendly silicone is, but if I wear it only, say, once a week, I usually can avoid breaking out (that's what happens with Hourglass' Immaculate fdt; I can usually get away with wearing it if I do it only now and then). Not with this stuff. What with that and the insane price, I'll give this a pass. Mind you, if you're not acne-prone you might like it. My friend simply adores it. I gave it 2 stars mainly because of the high price. I have yet to find a skin care prod (HE or LE) that is worth a quarter of what they ask for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by karinaFresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the reviews saying it makes makeup last better than any other primer out there so I was very excited but honestly, I don't really see too much of a difference in lasting power between this & the Bare Minerals primer. It doesn't do anything for oil-control (I have pretty oily skin) but it doesn't make me more oily either. I'd still find myself having to blot so if you have oily skin and are expecting this primer to control that - it won't. I'd say this is more for people with normal & combo skin. It also claims to be water-resistant which I really didn't notice, I sweated & had water drizzled on my face (concert haha) but didn't notice a difference between this & other primers in a similar situation. It does however, feel very light weight, absorbs very easily, doesn't feel greasy or over-siliconey, it makes makeup blend & glide well on top of it, & it's decent for blurring imperfections. It's one of the better primers I've tried but for the price, I'd expect this to blow me away. I also feel as if this primer sometimes gave me little whiteheads which is weird. I'll try other primers that mattify but I maybe one day might give this another try but for right now I'm just saying I wouldn't repurchase because to me, it's not an amazing primer - just a good primer, but for $52 - eeekk I want amazing!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by snowybear39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

With all of the good reviews on another website, i decided to give this a shot since it contained spf. Being that i have oily/ problematic/ sensitive skin, i wanted to use a primer with spf to help lighten the scars on my face and also protect my skin from future damages. Once i purchased this product and applied i didnt think of it much until after an hour of wearing it. my skin felt greasier than usual. within the same day, i had two pimples! i had high hopes for this due to the high ratings but looks like im one of the few that didnt have much luck with this item. Oh well.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by JessieWW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I made the mistake of trying this product for the first time when I was in a hurry to get out the door. Never a good idea. I have rosacea and SD, and despite moisturizing first, the zinc in the product immediately latched on to flaky areas and magnified them. The primer also felt greasy. Had to immediately wash everything off (also not easy with this stuff), and start over again. A no-go.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by estherha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin is sensitive to products with silicone in it, so after using this product for a couple weeks, my pores became so congested. I broke out around my chin and jaw line also. I liked how my makeup looked on top of this primer, but after a couple hours, my face became super oily! First, I refused to believe my break outs and extra shininess were due to this primer, since I paid like $55 for it. I blamed it on the weather, as usual. But I couldn't take it after a couple more weeks, and stopped using it and switch over to make up forever, and immediately, the breakouts subsided, and my face was no longer super shiny after a couple hours. I was very disappointed in this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I tried this on my hand in Sephora and was sold. It made my lines smoother and you could feel a difference!! It doesn't feel the least bit greasy and a little goes a long way. You only need less than a pump to cover your entire face and neck. I concentrate on my undereye area to even out the fine lines, then the nose area for my oily T-zone. I've read how it's important to use a primer prior to putting on foundation to make it apply evenly and stay on all day. This is one of the best I've tried. The texture is so luxurious and smooth!! Highly recommend. Worth the $60 in my opinion.