November 22, 2014 | 1788 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by ForgetfulDebbie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought I would love this product since I'm a big fan of Hourglass products. I didn't. Not only did I not love it, I have to say I disliked it enough to return it (very rare for me). It didn't do much as a primer and it caused anything I used over it to ball up. Back to my hg Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ItsStillAWrap

This is SO EXPENSIVE! But you only need a little, I can't imagine I'll need to rebuy it for a long time.

I'm happy with this product. I was using a LM primer before that did nothing. This has dramatically helped my foundation application. I was having issues with caking and my makeup moving around throughout the day. It looks so much better applied over this. It really helps it stay put. I've noticed a big difference. I'm using it with my LM mineral powder foundation and I finally am happy with the application/finish now that I've begun to use this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

my gf wore this under her makeup at a wedding we went to. in the pictures, my other gf and i looked like hot, oily messes and the one who used primer looked flawless! her makeup looked just as fresh as when she put it on hours before. i decided to get a sample from sephora (for that amount of money i was not going to buy it and then use my gas to drive back and return it!). i got a generous sample and the very next morning i used it.

i am very acne prone & that is why i have never used primers. i can just imagine the 'cones plugging up my pores! my gf told me she did not break out so i decided to give it a try.

it has the best consistency compared to all the other primers i sampled. more lotion like. absorbed very fast. really did make my makeup go on much smoother and it made my face super matte all night long, amazing! so 3 stars for doing what its advertised to do. unfortunately, guess what? 2 days later a whole crop of little congested plugged pores popped up. i squeezed little waxy plugs out from all of them. SO BUMMED! my face was a hot mess :( so minus one star for the plugged pores and ridiculous high price. i dont mind paying more money for products that really work but for $60.00 bucks, that stuff better control oil, NOT plug my pores AND tell me im hot!

bottom line: if your face doesnt get plugged up from products and you have the funds, by all means, buy this one! its pretty awesome.

UPDATE: i tried it again and yes, it still plugged up my pores but i wanted to add that it also accentuates dry spots so be sure to moisturize!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by mooseformayor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using the full size (1 oz.) since late December and am down to my final one-sixth. I use it almost everyday prior to my makeup application and it has lasted more than five months now, which means the amount, though pricey, will last you a good while. I use this in conjunction with TheBalm Time Balm Anti-Wrinkle Concealer and Meow Cosmetics' loose mineral powder foundation. The end result is absolutely flawless - the whole effect looks practically airbrushed, you do not notice any trace of makeup anywhere on the face. This primer makes your makeup go on so smoothly and effortlessly. It is so silky and soft to the touch. However, there's always a 'but,' unfortunately. In this case, the 'but' is that I must mention the oily breakthrough factor. After a maximum of 3-4 hours (!), the shine comes racing to the surface of all your makeup at full tilt. :x For ladies with oily or extremely oily skin, this primer is likely not going to cooperate too long with your skin. I do imagine that for everyone else who has normal or dry skin this will attain HG status. I just wish it had mattifying properties! If it did, it would truly be the perfect primer. Thus, I cannot see myself purchasing this again after I finish off the remainder of what I have left.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:55:00 AM More reviews by jaconway89

I love this primer! I've used Smashbox photofinish light for the longest time and decided to venture out to a new primer. Sephora recommended this primer because it is great for acne-prone and sensitive skin. My foundation lasts all day without any touch ups needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Normcat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent primer for my skin. It's expensive but worth it. A little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by TaxDollar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am on my second bottle of this. I have tried so many things to control oil and shine throughout the day - primers, powders, everything. This has been the ONLY thing that has ever worked. It also helps my foundation stay put all day (you oily girls know that this is a feat!). I mix it into my Chanel Perfection Lumiere daily (1 pump foundation, 1 pump primer) and it lightens the foundation slightly but not significantly (although I am very pale to begin with). I don't get the same results if I put them on separately.

LOVE this!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by neurosciguy

It's just "meh." Doesn't hide pores, doesn't make makeup last longer, doesn't really do anything. Just skip it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, large pores and very acne prone.

Gave generous samples of this a whirl on 2 separate occasions... just doesn't hide my darn large cheek pores. I wanted to like it so much more, as it did not cause any breakouts. I'm so jealous of you girls of pretty pores. ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've known about this product for a long time but, not being a primer user, I never paid too much attention to it. A friend of mine was praising it to high heaven the other day, so I thought I'd drop by my local Sephora to get a sample. Good thing I did. After only ONE use, this broke me out (damn those 'cones!). I know how acne-unfriendly silicone is, but if I wear it only, say, once a week, I usually can avoid breaking out (that's what happens with Hourglass' Immaculate fdt; I can usually get away with wearing it if I do it only now and then). Not with this stuff. What with that and the insane price, I'll give this a pass. Mind you, if you're not acne-prone you might like it. My friend simply adores it. I gave it 2 stars mainly because of the high price. I have yet to find a skin care prod (HE or LE) that is worth a quarter of what they ask for it.