January 28, 2015 | 1883 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If I could give this primer 10 lippies I would. This is the only primer that has ever worked for me and I have tried many from drugstore to higher end.

A wonderful woman who works at my local Sephora always offers me great suggestions on products that I end up adoring and this is one of them! While browsing the Hourglass section she gave me a generous sample of this. The sample lasted me about a week and I did not have any new blemishes after using it.

It is silicone based so it does leave that smooth, silicon-y feeling on the skin. The liquid is very light and settles quickly and to a semi-matte finish.

This makes my Dr. Jart black label BB cream last ALL day on my combo skin. Before this I was using the smashbox photofinish lite which was not only breaking me out severely, but also making my skin look blotchey by the end of the day.

My main issue with this product is the price. The full size is 1 oz and costs almost 60 dollars. The smaller one is 18 and is around 0.3 ounces. But I am going to continue to purchase it because it works so well for me.

UPDATE: So I have come to the realization that this was breaking me out. It may have something to do with the fact that it is silicone based (Cyclopentasiloxane being the first ingredient) and my skin does not get along with that. :'(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Definitely, the best silicone primer I have ever used. This actually minimizes my pores, keeps my face matte and holds my foundation on. And it does not cause my combination skin to break out. Love that it has a mineral based sunscreen in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by xiufey88

I got the most luxury sample from Sephora. I had it over 2 weeks, and I am still using them! This is my HG, after I tested with all my liquid foundation and TM. It works with everything, I mean EVERYTHING! I have combo skin, very oily nose area and very dry cheeks. This primer keeps my nose oil free for almost 5 full hours without using blotting paper. It also smooth out my dry patches for a bit, so made my foundation application goes on much easier. This primer also made my foundation last much longer. I used under Mac machmaster, Bobbi Brown long Wear even finish foundation, Lancome Teint Miracle, Dior Nude skin, they all work much better with this primer. I don’t have hug noticeable pores, and yes this primer won’t cover your pores as many review said. I think this will be the only down side for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I have far too many good reviews on primers, but THIS ONE IS MY HG. I am a huge sucker for silicone-y primers, because they feel so cool/good on my skin..soooo I tried a ton like that (Smashbox, Too Faced, etc.) I liked all of them because of how they felt, and did notice that they made my foundation last a bit longer, but THIS PRIMER holds my makeup like no other. I apply this and my foundation seriously barley budges all day long. It does not feel as good as silicone primers when you apply it, but it is still very smooth on the skin and dries quickly. Also, it has SPF! I have the small travel size of this since I'm just now trying it out. I am sooooo going to get the big size when I'm out, even if it leaves a hole in my wallet. All you primer junkies, if you are looking for something that will make your foundation stay put all day long, you must try this out. The only thing that is not amazing about it is the price!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by TrueTatiana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have gone through a couple sample bottles and a whole full-sized one and can say for sure that it makes my combo skin look very dry and wrinkled ( I am 27 for the record). Because I tend to layer a lot of products it took me a long time to figure out what was causing the extra-dryness. I will not be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been hunting for what seems like forever for a primer that meets my needs. I have sensitive combination skin, so it basically decides when it wants to be dry or oily. At the end of the day I just want a primer that makes my makeup last longer and look more flawless. This primer does that. I got a pretty large sample from sephora of this and have tried it out 5 times and have decided to go purchase it. It is crazy expensive, Im probably going to get the 20$ smaller size (you only need the smallest amount so I think it will last) 60$ for 1 once just seems so outrageous to me right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by kittenheelpump

I use this with the hourglass immaculate liquid to powder foundation, and it has worked well on my sensitive, acne prone, easily congested skin. My new favorite primer!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by mauvellous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is amazing! My foundation stays put without fading and doesn't leave me in a shiny mess. I had it on yesterday in the blistering heat and once I got home, I barely noticed any shine/oilness on my face. While it does leave a white cast on my face (foundations do look lighter on top of this), smells alot like Nars' Eyeshadow Base*, and is quite expensive, I'm willing overlook those flaws and keep this as HG because the performance has me stunned. Don't know how I lived without it.
*FYI, Hourglass primer does not work as a substitute eyeshadow base for Nars.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by ilovebeautyy

I love this primer! It's soo smooth and feels so good when it's blended on your skin. It turns into a powder after blending, so basically it's a powder form primer. But the thing about this product is that it doesn't last long, and i like this idea of it but I'm not sure if it really prime, but i do love it as a light veil to use when i decide not to wear as makeup or foundation, so it has it's flaws. I like the fact it turns into a powder form but i don't for a primer. I recommend this but i don't, sorry, i believe a gel primer would be longer lasting !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by hanako283

Very impressed with this product. I had been using the Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as makeup primer for a little while, but started disliking its silicone texture. It also didn't work too well with my tinted moisturizer (but was okay with regular foundation) and the oil control was only okay. So I set out to look for something a little lighter in texture. I heard a lot about this primer both on MUA and makeup blogs and decided to purchase the 0.33 oz size for trial. First of all the packaging is excellent. It is sleek in design, and very hygienic thanks to its pump and the cap. The texture was, as expected, much lighter, slightly creamier than the Monistat gel. The application was outstanding -- it instantly made my face silky soft and redness was reduced. One single pump is enough to cover my whole face. The oil control is very good! I never expect a primer to completely mattify my face, so even if I have to blot a little bit at the end of the day with this primer, I am still very satisfied. My makeup also remains fresh the whole day. This is my definite new HG! It is a little expensive, but a little goes a long way so to me it is very much worth it.