July 28, 2014 | 958 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Tangle Teezer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by honeybrown1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. My hair detangled much easier with this product and conditioner than it did with a shower comb and conditioner. I highly recommend this, especially for curly/kinky hair. Don't worry about the hair in the product because it's shed hair and even that is in a small amount. I have one in pink and I plan on getting a second one soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Unique7

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS. Im relaxed with mid back length thick hair.
Pros:
detangles painlessly
gives a great scalp massage
took about 10 mins to my do entire head
Cons
it sounds like velcro running through your hair (it did not pull or rip any of my strands)
People with sensetive scalps may not like the pokey feeling when applied to the scalp

overall i love it. once i got over the sound it was a dream to detangle and i used to never detangle because it was a night mare

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 5:19:00 AM More reviews by atbmeg

Love this. I am black American with natural wavy,curly hair. I flat iron once a week. This works, I barely loose any hair with this. Perfect for curly haired people. Got it from Sallys beauty for 9.99

Great product

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Mariage010908

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought 3 months ago, and then I'm very happy with my hair. In the past i was a little horrible to comb my hair and with this tool it's very easy. I like a lot and i'm going to give like a gift to all my family :).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by calisouthernbelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay people, this brush is going in my will along with a few other beauty hg's. I read a bunch of the reviews and decided to give it a try. I now don't buy anything without consulting mua first lol.
I didn't think it was accomplishing much since it didn't 'pull' like a normal brush. Well, I ran my fingers through my very long waist length hair and to my enjoyment....not a snarl to be found!
I have very fine, very long hair that just loves to tangle up if I even think about a knot. I've tried soooo many different products and brushes but I will never buy another 'regular' brush ever ever again :)
I plan on using on my 2 year old as well, she has fine curly hair that tangles occasionally. You gotta start em early :)
I bought the insanely bright pink version. I am going to snatch up the purse version as soon as sallys gets it back in stock....i've checked 3 times :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by txgoddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome toold for detangling my kinky curly hair! Don't be fooled by the looks of it! It works miracles. The price is well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by cheekymar

I have extremely Long & Thick hair. It has always been a love-hate relationship until now. I can honestly say the Tangle Teezer has changed my life. I have spent 20 years with long hair that would bring me to tears sometimes with the tangles and knots that would come naturally with swimming, surfing & other outdoor activities. After reading reviews on MUA & other misc sights, I ordered 2 brushes... At $9 each, why not... When I got them in the mail, I hopped in the shower & when I got out, it was test time! I literally brushed through my hair with a sort of "magical ease"... No pain, no tears, nada! HG status for sure! Really love this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by DaisyRoquer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the compact version of this brush because I really liked the idea of a protective insert to prevent the teeth from getting damaged or covered in dust in my bag. Worth the extra 2 if it makes the brush last longer and keeps my hair free from handbag-detritus!

The brush detangles my long, thick, fine hair with very little effort and minimal breakage. It takes far less time than conventional combs or brushes (especially compared to the age it used to take to get a comb through my hair straight after washing it) and I barely see any broken strands caught in it when I'm done, which is a nice change. I actually like the fact that it doesn't have a handle, as the shape of the paddle is very ergonomic and I feel that it prevents me from exerting too much force on tangles and doing even more damage. (Think about how force on a lever increases with distance from the pivot and imagine than the long handle is the lever, you should see what I mean...)

The brush seems very robust and easy to clean, so the price isn't too much of an issue for me - I'd prefer for it to be at least 3-4 cheaper, but the Tangle Teaser and my Babyliss boar brush have both made me realise that to a large extent you get what you pay for with hair brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

After reading the rave reviews on MUA, I located this brush at Sally's. Their website said they were out but it could be found in their stores. I bought two and I certainly do not regret it. $10 is a little pricey but this is the only brush I will ever use again! It does just what it promises and there are good tips in the enclosed leaflet. I plan to order the purse-size if I cannot find it locally. Thank you, MUA posters, for all the great beauty tips and helpful reviews.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Nschotschi

I bought one of these a few mounths ago and have since then pretty much stopped using all my other brushes. Im also getting the travel size for my bag :)
The only thing is that i wish it looked less cheap. Still loving it though.
Edit: I did get the travel size by now, which isnt as good unfortunately. I think it might be because its too small to work properly...