July 22, 2014 | 1405 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Tangle Teezer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by calisouthernbelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay people, this brush is going in my will along with a few other beauty hg's. I read a bunch of the reviews and decided to give it a try. I now don't buy anything without consulting mua first lol.
I didn't think it was accomplishing much since it didn't 'pull' like a normal brush. Well, I ran my fingers through my very long waist length hair and to my enjoyment....not a snarl to be found!
I have very fine, very long hair that just loves to tangle up if I even think about a knot. I've tried soooo many different products and brushes but I will never buy another 'regular' brush ever ever again :)
I plan on using on my 2 year old as well, she has fine curly hair that tangles occasionally. You gotta start em early :)
I bought the insanely bright pink version. I am going to snatch up the purse version as soon as sallys gets it back in stock....i've checked 3 times :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by txgoddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome toold for detangling my kinky curly hair! Don't be fooled by the looks of it! It works miracles. The price is well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by cheekymar

I have extremely Long & Thick hair. It has always been a love-hate relationship until now. I can honestly say the Tangle Teezer has changed my life. I have spent 20 years with long hair that would bring me to tears sometimes with the tangles and knots that would come naturally with swimming, surfing & other outdoor activities. After reading reviews on MUA & other misc sights, I ordered 2 brushes... At $9 each, why not... When I got them in the mail, I hopped in the shower & when I got out, it was test time! I literally brushed through my hair with a sort of "magical ease"... No pain, no tears, nada! HG status for sure! Really love this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by DaisyRoquer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the compact version of this brush because I really liked the idea of a protective insert to prevent the teeth from getting damaged or covered in dust in my bag. Worth the extra 2 if it makes the brush last longer and keeps my hair free from handbag-detritus!

The brush detangles my long, thick, fine hair with very little effort and minimal breakage. It takes far less time than conventional combs or brushes (especially compared to the age it used to take to get a comb through my hair straight after washing it) and I barely see any broken strands caught in it when I'm done, which is a nice change. I actually like the fact that it doesn't have a handle, as the shape of the paddle is very ergonomic and I feel that it prevents me from exerting too much force on tangles and doing even more damage. (Think about how force on a lever increases with distance from the pivot and imagine than the long handle is the lever, you should see what I mean...)

The brush seems very robust and easy to clean, so the price isn't too much of an issue for me - I'd prefer for it to be at least 3-4 cheaper, but the Tangle Teaser and my Babyliss boar brush have both made me realise that to a large extent you get what you pay for with hair brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

After reading the rave reviews on MUA, I located this brush at Sally's. Their website said they were out but it could be found in their stores. I bought two and I certainly do not regret it. $10 is a little pricey but this is the only brush I will ever use again! It does just what it promises and there are good tips in the enclosed leaflet. I plan to order the purse-size if I cannot find it locally. Thank you, MUA posters, for all the great beauty tips and helpful reviews.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Nschotschi

I bought one of these a few mounths ago and have since then pretty much stopped using all my other brushes. Im also getting the travel size for my bag :)
The only thing is that i wish it looked less cheap. Still loving it though.
Edit: I did get the travel size by now, which isnt as good unfortunately. I think it might be because its too small to work properly...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by yoyoko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only had this for a few days, but I love it already. It is so effective at what it does that sometimes I question whether my hair is actually being brushed. For this reason, I like to use my other hand to create a bit of a sandwich wtih my hair in the bristles, but frankly, even when I don't do that, I know it is doing its job because my hair ends up being smooth and tangle-free. It is leaps and bounds better than a wide-tooth comb.

As for the design, like others, I wish it had a handle. I bought the travel-sized one, which comes with a protective cover, so the bristles are protected and it doesn't catch on things in your handbag - genius!

I would definitely recommend this as it even allows me to comb through my wet hair without using a detangling spray or leave-in conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by lovepigeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this when I saw it in boots after seeing it on dragon's den as I have real difficulty brushing my hair. I get knots really easily and sometimes wake up with matted bits of my hair but this gently gets through even the worse knots. Its also great for when you've just washed you hair and it is wet as normal brushes are very damaging on wet hair but this one is not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have had my bright pink tangle teezer for a couple of years now, and back then there were no reviews for this on makeupalley. I decided to go for it and buy one despite not being able to read anything about them and I'm really glad I did. My hair is fine and shoulder length currently, but no matter what length it's at, it's a massive pain in the bum to be honest - it tangles easily all the time and is terrible once washed. Like every other reviewer has already said, this brush solves the tangled hair problem, it's dead easy to comb hair through with this after the shower as well - makes life so much better. I have tried other tangle easing brushes, and none have come close to this one - I hate pink and mine is a bright pink, but I like it because it means I can see it (I'm one of those who ends up ferreting around for ages to find something infront of her) - you can can it in lots of different colours which is a bonus if you have siblings or room mates so you can tell whose is who... Hell you know what, I don't even need to sell this product, the reviews tell you all you need to know, it does what it claims to do and in the end that's all most girls ever really want - for a decent price as well (10 compared to mason pearson and the fortune they charge). Love this, and I would buy again, and probably will - my brush, for reference, has shown no wear at all in the time I've had it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 7:40:00 AM More reviews by barbeep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have thick, frizzy, curly hair. My hair is damaged and it breaks easily. This is why I had been using comb with natural hair before I bought Tangle Teezer. Tangle Teezer is much better because I am able to comb my hair without breakage and so easily. HG!!!