December 22, 2014 | 1842 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by lillian1717

I reviewed "A Kiss of Moisture" as well - and have the same opinion. It's a very very light lipbalm that works for about 5 minutes.

Positives: not greasy, smelly, sticky or too minty. Softens.

Negatives: doesn't last beyond 5 minutes, and this version is a very cherry red, so not really a "hint" at all. It's quite bright actually.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by nadarine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a huge fan- this is the tinted balm I've been wishing for. It's a nice, smooth moisturizing balm with no stickiness or glossy wash- just a great berry tint. With a few layers of this, my medium complexion can go without "real" lipstick but still have great color on my lips. It's not a true red, but a very nice and layer-able berry shade.

The plastic bullet packaging will probably crack in my bag, but really, $3! Can't be beat!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by muakitten

I'm a lip balm junkie. I must have 50 different ones lying around my house. I don't really like this one at all. It's too waxy, almost leaving an uncomfortable film on my lips. Yet, it dries out my lips and doesn't moisturize them at all. It does have a nice cherry red tint. I prefer my cheap ol' Bonne Bell LipSmackers to this--especially the Cherry Coke one.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by kings_20

This is a fabulous tinted lip balm. It is pretty slippery but the color is so pretty and it's pretty moisturizing. Great for when you need a little color but don't want lipstick. It smells like cherry suckers, not like real cherries. Very cheap too!! Try it, you've got nothing to lose but less than $2. I also bought the strawberry but ahven't sued it yet.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Feels very nice going on but I didn't find the moisture long-lasting or very helpful. As a matter of fact I think this has been drying my lips out. The color is pretty but again, that didn't really work well for me either since it's a little bright for my coloring.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by wendi6716

This is everything you always wanted cherry chapstick to be when you were a little girl- but alas, it never was. Nivea's kiss of flavor cherry is moisturizing, light (a little waxy - but come on, its a stick balm), and leaves a sweet 'i just ate a cherry popsicle' stain. the color is flattering and pretty and natural -not MLBB natural but kind of an innocent flush natural. not to mention, cheap as dirt. love love *love* i'm a lipstain girl and this makes me extremely happy. it is not stainlike in lasting power , but in look . its also a cinch to reapply, and instead of drying, is good for your lips! it is perhaps the most joy i've gotten out of an under $3 drugstore purchase ever. trust me, you want this. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I don't know if I just have a weird one, but my Nivea Kiss of Flavor "cherry" lip balm isn't red like I had originally expected. The tube is more of a berry color and the lip balm itself seems more berry than cherry. But this is only a minor problem. The reason I gave it 4 lippies is because there's nothing too special about this product. I favor my Lip Smackers "Dr. Pepper" lip balm, which gives me redder lips and smells better too. I think the packaging for Nivea is kind of weird since the cap is so long and light and plastic-y. There are, however, good things about this. It goes on extremely smoothly and gives your lips moisture better than some other cheap lip balms. It also twists up really easily and plus, it was cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 1:21:00 PM More reviews by graciebaby28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good heavens this stuff is awesome ♥ I recently discovered how wonderful Nivea lip care is when I purchased the Kiss of Moisture original in the light blue tube. That stuff is heavenly. I honestly did not think it could get any better... It just did ♥

First the claims♥
It claims it is a light-weight, fast absorbing, long lasting moisturizing formula. Check. Check. Check. It did all of those things ♥

What I love most about this formula is 2 things. It literally glides on. You feel like you are literally slipping your lips into silk pajamas..amazing! Second is the wonderful cherry scent. It smells just like a fresh, juicy, slightly tart cherry. Mouthwatering. And the color is just remarkable. It is the lightest, prettiest hint of just been kissed color. (It will look really red in the tube but it goes on very nicely and just adds a kiss of color) Seriously. Amazing. I was forever a lip balm addict. I had no idea something this wonderful would come along and turn lip care as I knew it upside down LOL! Will not be without this:)

Performance details~
One of the first few ingredients listed is Castor oil. The chemical structure of Castor oil helps it act as a humectant, drawing moisture to your lips long after you have applied it. That's where the magic comes in. It continues to moisturize long after it has been absorbed. Score another point for Nivea.

Stand out ingredients are Shea Butter, Jojoba oil, Grapeseed oil and Glycerin.
I still can't believe it was under $3. I highly recommend this and will definitely repurchase ♥

Tip: Sleep with the humidifier on, with this on your lips or the Kiss of Moisture Nivea. You will wake up to the most soft, supple lips ever! I discovered that last night:)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 3:22:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

absolutely love this lipbalm. ive heard raves about the nivea lipcare products and had been saddened that we didnt have them available here in the states, so when the good news came along that now we did, i pounced. this particular flavor -- cherry -- applies with a sheer hint of red, very similar to my stila lip pot in cerise but slightly cooler-toned. it moisturizes very well and is virtually taste-free, although there is a bit of cherry flavor (it dissipates very quickly, for those of you who dont like flavored lip products). the container is sturdy and you can find it for under $3.00 (i found mine at ulta). super easy for a no-makeup look, and of course, very good for your lips. a definite re-buy from me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really dolike this, its sort of a grown up version of the Dr Pepper Lip Smacker, its not as heavily flavored or scented and it has a lot more color pay off. It gives me a gorgeous sheer red which lasts and lasts...sometimes I wear this like I wear my lipsticks; with a coat of shiney clear gloss over and thats really gorgeous for this too...a nice flushed and shining tint. Own its own its pretty waxy, which I actually like from a balm, I prefer these to the MAC TLC sticks but don't like quite as much as the Prada Tinted Lip Balms.And as far as the colors / flavors go I think Cherry is the best one. Well priced. I'd repurchase.