Lilash - Purified Eyelash Stimulator

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Seed Extract, Silica, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, 9 alpha, 11 alpha, 15S-trihydroxy-17-Phenyl 18, 19, 20-Trinor-prosta-5Z, 13E-Diene-1-oic acid, Isopropyl Ester.

on 3/25/2009 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

So far so good. My eyeballs were burning in their sockets the first night I tried this - of course, I attribute most of this to the fact that I put in a 14 hour workday behind a computer monitor and was bug eyed anyway. The second and third days burned a little, but not as much as the first. I'm on my 8th day, and my eyes don't burn at all after application.

I understand that there's another product out there that's pretty good, too - Enormous Lash. If it's any cheaper, I may give it a whirl. The consensus on Revitalish is that the stuff burns all the time! The price of this wonderstuff is out of sight, and the manufacturer must be making a killing on sales. Jury is still out on Lilash, so I'll keep everyone posted and will dole out more lippies if I'm happy with it.

Update: Week 3, 4/8/09. Something is definitely going on here. My lashes seem darker, and when I look at them closely it appears that new ones are growing in. Haven't noticed much difference in length yet but do see something happening with new growth. Who wouldda thought an old dragon like me could grow a bumper crop of new eyelashes! Tune in for the next episode....

Week 4, 4/19/09. Since I don't usually wear mascara or curl my lashes, today I attended a special occasion and it was quite a shock after curling them and applying mascara. My lashes looked spectacular to the point of almost appearing false! I have baby-fine hair and lashes, so I didn't expect them to be thickened but oh my! There are more of them and yes, they are longer, and even darker. I'm finally giving that 5th lippie.
Third month, 6/20/09. Since I'm a fine-haired, fair-haired caucasian I feel as through my lashes have gone through a total transformation. Not especially thicker, but darker looooonger! I still use a little mascara and my lashes have gotten to the point of hitting my reading glasses. Even mascara didn't do much before I tried this potion. It's worked on my eyebrows, too, which are also fine (and light in color) and seems to have thickened and darkened them. Not sure how it's doing all this but would sure love to know because it's sure opening my eyes wide open. My lashes even curl on their own now - Ole!

on 3/22/2009 11:35:00 PM

All I have to say is WOW. I received this as a Christmas gift from my parents and I'm currently going on my 3rd month of this lash stimulator treatment. I'm going to be honest and say the first couple weeks I was using it, my eyes were a bit red and blood-shot looking, but that effect stopped. This stuff works wonders! I used to have the stereotypical Asian lashes - short and sparse, but now they are LONG! I noticed results within the 2nd month, and they just keep growing - slowly, but surely they are. I used to have use a lash curler and loads of mascara, but now I don't even have to! My lashes naturally curl on their own even when I don't use mascara. I get comments all the time on how they are so long and appear to look like false lashes I am truly impressed by Lilash and I would recommend to anyone who's tired of using falsies or anyone who simply wants longer, fuller looking lashes. This is one of the more expensive stimulators on the market, but it's definitely worth it. Besides they have a 90 day guarantee - if it doesn't work, return for a full refund (only on the official site)! Would definitely re-purchase again, or I might even try Enormous Lash cause of the crazy price. But other than that, I absolutely love it!

on 3/16/2009 9:45:00 AM

For all those contemplating buying this product, I would recommend reading one of the earlier reviews, I think it was by "devilangel", which I found to be a very accurate description of my experience with Lilash.

Bottom line: yes it made my eyelashes grow in length. But it did little or none to increase the volume of my lashes, nor did it cause noticeable new growth. I think when most people imagine a "false lashes" effect, they are thinking about the volume and thickness more than the length - that is what gives the wispy and flirty effect. Length by itself will probably be most helpful for those who already have pretty dense lashes. For some, added length itself may still justify the approx. $160 dollars that this products costs. I myself may buy another tube if I feel like splurging. But please be realistic in your expectations and know that it is not a "miracle cure" that will necessarily give the same effect as false lashes.

This product hasn't caused any allergic reactions for my eyes, except for the first nite I got it when I was a little overzealous and piled it on my lashline. The next day, my eyes were puffy and watery. I scaled it down to only one swipe per lashline and it hasn't irritated my eyes since. Also, I just wanted to point out for those that have bought this product that results vary by person. Give it two months before you give up, that is when I noticed the results.

on 3/12/2009 6:33:00 PM

ok i deleted my last review for this as i wanted to start again. ive been using this for about 2 months now, i used to have normal lashes not that short but not long. i got this off ebay as i wanted the long lash look. the first couple of weeks yes they got a little longer but not much but after using it for about 2 months they have blossomed into long gorgeous lashes and there thicker too, i got my first "you have long eyelashes" and "i want lashes like you" comments the other day so im chuffed. i def recommend this as im one of these people that stuff i buy never actually seems to work for me but im so surprised this has. great product the money is def worth it and ill be using this forever now.

on 2/20/2009 1:43:00 PM

I won't ramble on about this...I don't think there is much need! I have been using it for 6 weeks, my lashes have doubled in length and thickness! And are continuing to grow....:-)
No irritation, no stinging, and i'm starting to get the lashes i always wanted!

on 2/9/2009 7:22:00 PM

I didn't want to review this product until I had been using it for a good amount of time, because you really don't get the beginning of the results until roughly 4-6 weeks...and even longer for some. Patience and diligence are the two things you must keep in mind when using this. It's a bit of a waiting game. :)

With that being said, I think lilash is amazing so far! I have been using it about five and a half weeks, and I'm starting to see the fruits of my labor ;) Seriously, I don't stick to anything, but I have been absolutely religious with the lilash application! I haven't missed a day. You really just have to keep up on it and sure enough, your patience will pay off and you'll start to see some amazingly long lashes.

My lashes are growing in somewhat sporadically, with some random really long ones here and there right now. And, I can see new growth, there are alot of shorter ones coming in. So, I'm thinking in a few more weeks, my lashes are going to look REALLY good. I'm so excited!

About the formulation: I've had no irritation to my eyes from this. I wouldn't say my eyes are uber sensitive though. I don't recall having to discontinue using a product because of eye irritation. So, that's me.

A few more tidbits: I haven't noticed any darkening of my lashes, but they are already really dark, except at the tips. Also, my lashes do seem a bit thicker so far, but nothing to write home about yet. Like I said, there are alot of newer, shorter lashes coming in, so once they catch up with the rest, they will probably look much fuller.

***UPDATE***
I just hit my 8 week mark, and I can tell you that my lashes look amazing! I even had to trim one lash today that was just insanely long. People have started commenting over the last few weeks that my eyelashes look sooo long. I just say "really"? to most people and tell them I've been using a new mascara because I guess I'm kind of embarassed at my vanity. ;) But, all of my good friends know and they are so impressed by the results. Even my husband tells me that my lashes are huge, and when a guy notices, that's kind of a big deal. And, some of my lashes are curling on their own, which is rad. I continue to use a curler though, because I still have some pesky ones that are straight. Oh, and one more thing: When I first started using this, I applied twice daily for about the first four weeks. After that I switched to once a day, before bed.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I'll be updating periodically because I've only used this for a week. But, as most apparently also experienced, it has already made my lashes longer. I wanted them to be thicker, which it has very slightly become thicker I think (wishfully?), but I can already see an improvement in lengthy.

In terms of irritation, yes, it hurts sometimes for some reason - but 90% I don't have any problem with it.

I've also noticed oddly that my lashes don't fall out as much anymore! Which made me suspect maybe it's some kind of crazy glue that sticks your eyelashes to your eyelid, so they have the chance of growing longer and longer ... and that could explain the no-chance in thickness?

on 1/31/2009 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I think this product is really effective. It took about 4 weeks for me to notice any real difference, then after that period, my eyelashes just get longer and longer.

People often stop me and ask if im wearing fake eyelashes. I've been using the product every night now for about 8 weeks and my eyelashes with mascara on nearly touch my eyebrows.

on 1/25/2009 5:57:00 PM

Please see my Latisse review as of 1/8/2011. Apparently my comparison of Rivitalash and Lilash was flawed! Given that we don't really know what's in Revitalash or Lilash, I have switched to Latisse and then the generic form of Latisse.

FINAL UPDATE 16 FEB 2009: ******************

I abandoned the Revitalash because the Lilash is working better for me. The Revitalash might have caught up after a few more weeks, but then again it might not. I'm using mascara on the Revitalash eye so I don't look so lopsided.

My Revitalash eye does have better lashes than it did to start with, but I would not buy that product again for that subtle an improvement.

The Lilash effect is not all that dramatic either--I have normal looking eyelashes on that eye now instead of really short ones--but it's enough improvement to keep using Lilash.

For almost the same price, maybe Latisse would be the best way to go? **************************

(This post first appeared 12/20/2008 among the Revitalash reviews. I'm cross-posting it because it's about LiLash too.)
****************
I just today started using Revitalash on my right eye. And Lilash on my left eye.
It's an expensive experiment, but somebody has to do it.
If I had another couple of eyes and another big bundle of money, I'd be trying MD Lash and Enormous Lash at the same time.
I'll add to this report as soon as I notice any change.
(I really do hope I get SOMETHING to report!)
******************
UPDATE: As of Jan 6, I have no definite improvement to report, although when I put on mascara my lashes did look longer than before. Wishful thinking? Anyway, it's still early days.
I still have had no unpleasant side effects from either product, which is saying something. I have chronically dry and sensitive eyes. Most kinds of makeup and skin care products cause all-day tears that make me look like I'm crying. How annoying!
But so far neither Rivitalash (the newest formulation) nor Lilash has caused any problem whatsoever.
************************
UPDATE 01/24: There is a difference now... on my lower left eyelid. The lashes there are distinctly longer than on the right, and a tiny fringe has appeared where there was a gap. Other than that, both eyes now have enough growth to grab with an eyelash curler, which is new. The lashes on both eyes look darker and feel more supple, too.

But it will take far more dramatic results to make either product worth the cost. The LiLash website says I should be there in another couple of weeks. The Revitalash site says to give it another 4 to 6 weeks. We'll see...

Reading all the glowing reviews for this product, I decided to order it. I applied it yesterday morning and by late afternoon my eyes were red, itchy and tight. It did appear that I was crying all day except there was no swelling. I'm sure this is a great product - it's just not for my particular body chemistry. So disappointing.

Popular Lash Treatments