August 21, 2014 | 1811 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by milevamaric

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

UGK!

I've been having skin issues since early May. I had recently switched to a Dermalogica skin cream that was causing my LORAC foundation to ball-up. Instead of switching only my moisturizer, I mistakenly switched my foundation. (My local Sephora was not selling LORAC, and I didn't want to wait to order online.)

Anyway, big mistake, double mistake. I've been using the MUFE HD foundation since early June, and I started breaking out. All this time I've been thinking it was my moisturizers and toners. I've been switching far too much and causing comprehensive havoc. Anyway, I was hooked on attempting to like this foundation because the shade matched my skin perfectly.

I was even willing to put aside the fact that the foundation only lasted 2 to 3 hours (and looked very good during those hours) maximum. However, I now realize I was blinded, and that my clogged and enlarged pores and left cheek breakout are absolutely caused by this poor foundation. (I know this because I have stopped switching products and have used scientific process and deduction to conclude this.)

I will never buy this again. I am even going to switch the MUFE concealer that I've been using for years, pre-breakout, as a precaution.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by KelseyRiana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! As a new member to the foundation community I would definitely say I now know why people use it. I used to wear bb cream, to green tinted primers (as I have some redness), to wearing concealer pretty much all over my face and I have to say all of those have never left my face so smooth, and even. I have dry skin, especially in the winter. I have read that those with dry skin should not invest in this foundation but I would say it is really all up to your own skin and if you moisturize! With that said, I will say it does sink into some of my pores and fine lines but it is very minimal and definitely an improvement in my eyes compared to other methods I listed above! So give it a try, and if you don't like it than at least you know!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Merymakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

guys, honestly, this foundation is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

It does wonders on my combination to oily skin. It's super lightweight so it just feels like a second skin. It has a mattifying effect that will give you a velvety finish that won't wash you out nor end up by being cakey. It's staying power on me it's pretty amazing and I also wear my hd primer underneath and my make up stays super flawless from 9am to 9pm.

My colour is 117/ marble and I must say that the first time I tested it it was on a sephora counter and firstly it looked amazing but two hours after I bought it, the foundation oxidised on me and the ended up by being two shades darker. Of course I freaked out but it never happened again because I apply it wrist after I cleanse my face deeply and moisturize. If this foundation mixes with your natural oils it will probably end up by oxidising so be careful with that!

On the other hand... All right you gals with dry or even combination to dry skin.... STAY AWAY FROM THIS FOUNDATION. It will look cakey and Ashey on you and it will cling on your dry patches and it will make you look like if you were a hundred years old....

Said that I have to say this is overall a great foundation for those who are more on the oily side. What I don't like as much is the price...$$$$$$$$$$... But I guess it's worth the money

Hope this was helpful!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I seriously thought I would not like this foundation because I heard mixed reviews - you either love it or you don't. I'm lucky to have normal skin, occasionally dry. But for the part, I don't have problems with foundations. It looks really nice when first applied with RT Expert Face brush (sigma flat top will not cut it). Since this isn't the fullest coverage foundation, I just set it with MSF natural and I'm good to go. It's not the BEST foundation I've ever used but it is quite nice and light weight on the skin. Throughout the day the red spots will start to show first. Longevity is about 7-8 hours

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by mugetto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this product. Its consistence is very good and it's making a miracle on my skin when i apply with MAC 187 brush. Definitely will buy again. Strongly recommended to everyone who searchs for a natural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by aluxeruzzo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product really confused me. The first day I wore it, it looked beautiful. The next day I wore it, it looked like crap. Every day I tried this foundation I applied it the same exact way and for some reason certain days it looked good and other days it looked absolutely disgusting, to the point that when I was out I looked in a mirror and immediately went home to go take it off and put something else on. It was that bad. Returned it the next day

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by jennaasue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

MY NEW HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION! I've been using this foundation for almost 2 months now and I am so impressed. The first time I used it I noticed straight away the airbrush affect it had on my face. And that was with one pump! Second pump and it just makes your face look airbrushed even more! Has a lovely glow to the foundation. But nothing that is oily looking. Looks fantastic in pictures! Wore this to my sister in law's bridal shower. And a friend of her's came up to me and said my makeup looked so good. Looked airbrushed and perfect. If that's the way I appear to others than this is definitely my favorite foundation! ALSO, quick note. I love how light it feels. Definitely buildable. Can't get over it. IN LOVE. <3

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a little disappointed by this foundation. First of all, as soon as you enter Sephora, you get harassed by a MUFE sales lady and she always RAVES about this foundation. So i let her put it on my face. Wasn't too convinced, but bought it anyway (yeah, i know, not super-smart)
Although the texture is nice and the coverage decent (medium) my skin is oily on the T-zone and after 1-2 hours my face looks like a glazed doughnut!! Awful! I wear a primer, a liquid foundation and a setting powder, i don't know what else i can do!!! Anyway, i won't re-purchase. I hear ELF has an amazing new foundation for acne (i have occasional breakouts) for 6$, i think i will give it a try. As for this foundation, one word: OVERRATED!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I was really impressed with this. There's a million shades and it's somewhat difficult to pick them out online, but I ended up with N120 and it was perfect for my NC25-NC30 skin tone. This is so illuminating and perfecting to the skin. I felt absolutely gorgeous in this. It's a medium coverage that could probably be built up to full. I do wish it had SPF, but get why it doesn't but I do love that it has a pump. I will update on wear time.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by rsch94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product looked beautiful for the first hour after application. The colour match was perfect (117 "Marble" for NC20 skin) and the finish looked great.

Unfortunately the wear was horrible; this foundation appeared to sit on top of my normal/oily-ish skin no matter the application or setting powders. I could see it separating from my skin and leaving oily residue...yuck. This is the only foundation I've ever used to wear off in large patches throughout the day. In addition, it also broke me out in small closed comedones ~1 week after adding it to my routine (while I was 100% clear skinned before).

Reading previous reviews make me think a silicon primer would improve the wear but unfortunately 'cones don't play nice on my skin.

2 lippies for the finish and colour match, however, this just wasn't right for me.