December 20, 2014 | 1485 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Theundercore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update 2: I gave this foundation to my my mom. 764 will still not yellow enough and made me look a little gray :( The foundation also didn't last longer than 4 hours on my skin since I have oily/combination skin. It gives a flawless finish, but not for very long.

UPDATE: ok, so I was told by the SA that I was a 754, but I'm actually 764. The color is NOW absolutely perfect. The formula is amazing! It dries kind of matte, but throughout the day, it just looks more and more perfect and glowy. It looks like my skin but a million times better. I am in love with this foundation, and I dont think i will be changing brands anytime soon. For reference I use Lunasol Yo03, and Kanebo sensai Almond Beige (not yellow enough though). I can't express enough how much I love this foundation!!!!!!! I feel as if it has also improved my skin! No breakouts, no clogged pores, and no oiliness. Perfection!

I got a compliment about how amazing my skin looked today and it was all thanks to this foundation!! I think the SA matched me with the wrong color since I have very yellow undertones (I ended up looking pink in the sun )but its texture is amazing and it looks flawless! It looks very natural and feels very comfortable on the skin. Since I have 3 foundations, It will take quite a while for me to actually get around to this one, but when I'm done with the others, I will DEFINITELY purchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Sungheeya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG status! i love this foundation. it's the best i've ever used, and i've used foundation every day for the past ten years.

i have very sensitive skin and even though this has a scent, it's not at all irritating for me. the scent is actually pretty great. even my boyfriend likes it.

application is so easy. this goes on smoothly, no clumping or streaking, and blends into the skin. i dab it on and spread with my fingers and then lightly blend with EDM Flat-top Kabuki brush. i have a lot of redness, discoloration and acne scars. the foundation is medium coverage. it covers just enough while letting the skin underneath show through, which is why i think it looks so natural. it looks like ME, just a lot better!

it hasn't caused breakouts or dry flakes.

also, it last through the 18-hr days i've been having lately. i get a bit shiny but i just blot with translucent powder).

as for shade selection, i went to Barney's and got color-matched. the MA matched me with 764 and i went home with it. i realize it's a bit too light though. it would be a perfect match if i didn't get any sun from walking around outside. i ordered the next shade darker online, 754, and can see why the MA insisted on the lighter shade. 754 is noticeably too dark. now, i'm mixing almost a pump of the 764 lighter shade with a drop of 754. that's working really well, and it's easy to mix because of the pump dispensers. i don't mind doing it.

even though i dropped $90 for two bottles of foundation at once, i think it's worth it. it's something i use every day that makes me feel and look amazing. i even noticed that i don't check the mirror or touch my face as much throughout the day because i feel so confident that it's holding up.

UPDATE: i purchased the Shu Uemura #18 Goat Foundation Brush and it applies the foundation more evenly than my fingers, and i end up using less product. so, it's love. the tan on my body has finally faded and i'm using shade 764 (NC25) only. i'm on my second bottle - the first lasted about 3-4 months with using one pump daily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG status foundation that everyone on the planet should use, otherwise don't use foudnation at all! lol I have'nt worn foundation sicne I was 14 and used to have tons of pimples. Back then I would be the creamiest goop and pile it on my face all day long in horror of any zits ever showing through. Ofcourse back then did'nt realize that was why my skin would never clear lol. Anyhow I haven't had any skin problems in years and just wear moisturizer and spf, and dab some concealer of problem spots if they arise. I used to use a MAC powder foundation as jsut a light sweep over my face but felt it was drying me out oddly enough. So I figured I would jsut find a liquid foundation to mix with my moisturizer on day when I needed some light coverage. I really looked at tons of brands out there and definitely is crazy to me how much foundation costs for how little you get (jsut like serums lol) and especially for people who layer it all over their face I can't imagine how they get it to last for more than a month. After having loved the great quaity of Shu before this product didn't dissapoint as it is truly the best foundation out there, amazing ingredients, water based, great coveerage for thoise who need it, and never clogs your skin. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by mila_99

very good foundation, good coverage, and it is not sticky. I really like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by LizaLindsey

I absolutely love this foundation and it might be the only foundation that I will re-purchase in the past five years. The finish is natural and blends beautifully into the skin. I also have noticed that it doesn't settle into my small smile lines like many others. Also, no breakouts and a smooth hydrated finish. Medium coverage and have to spot conceal.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2009 3:58:00 AM More reviews by mujigae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

im really starting to like this alot...
i've been using Estee Lauder's double wear... and it started looking cakey and seemed like it was drying out my skin.. so i started to try shu uemura foundations because of the good rating...
This one really gives me a flawless finish... you just need the right form of application... i smooth it all over with my Everyday Minerals flat top kabuki (yes i know i use it over fluid foundation too) and if i need more coverage on the nose.. i just squeeze a little bit and dot it on for a flawless finish..

Im asian so the colors are better for my skintone.. (more yellowy) and its more natural than the EL foundation i had before... hands down

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2009 7:11:00 AM More reviews by dustdream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I generally quite like this foundation. Provides sheer to medium coverage (you'll need extra concealer over for those dark blemishes). Goes on light, easy to blend, smells good, great packaging, doesn't clog pores. It's great for the natural look that feels like there's nothing on your face, plus it lasts the entire day and doesn't oxidise by the end of it. There's also a large selection of shades (so I would recommend going to a counter to purchase instead of buying online). However, it does not hide large pores or keep the oilies away. The latter can be rectified with a good primer and loose powder - I use both MAC's Prep + Prime. It's also rather expensive but it should last me quite a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by lynnie27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've found it! After a month of shopping for foundation, I've settled on Shu Uemura Face Architect. The criteria was (1) doesn't look like i have makeup on. (2) natural and not ghosty on my yellow-tone skin, (2) doesn't make my dry flaky skin looks worse than it already is.

To my surprise, the 964 fits perfectly on my dry& flaky Asian skin with uneven skin tone. It reduces my red blotches, and give a smooth flawless yet natural look. I never wear any makeup except for special occasions. But with this, I could wear it everyday!

I've owned both shiseido powder foundation and Mac select(NC37) foundation. Both of them makes my dry skin flakes badly as soon as I apply them. Also, the best matched color on Mac and Shiseido still makes me looks like either like a ghost, or too dark.

I'm happy I found Shu Uemura. Now I'm wearing it everyday! It makes me look less tired and have better skin. Even though I do not use any concealer, it covers my dark circle rather well.

I've tried Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in nude & sand. Sand was too dark on me, and nude is rather similiar to 964. After a week of using both(one of each side of the face), shu uemura stands out. It lasts longer than Laura Mercier's, and has better coverage if layered on.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by dnemoy85

I am in LOVE with this foundation. It is absoltuely the ebst the market has to offer for those of us who like sheer to medium covereage! I never have used liquid foundation in my life since I have never really had any skins problems (knock on wood lol). I always jsut apply spf in mornings and go. Every now and then I would do a quick sweep of a mac powder foundation just to even out some redness but very minimal. I also have very clog prone skin so have never wanted to even try liquid foundation as the few times I had for my skin it sadly just really clogged my pores and made my face feel dirty. SO many people I know along with I feel like veryone in american is obsessed with teh liquid foundations and piling them on but I always felt if you have a good skin routine you don't always need that much makeup to cover your face and not let it breath you know. Plus sooo many of the foundations out on the market are not oil free or are oil free but not non comnegenic(wont clog skin). I guess for those who have normal or dry skin they wouldnt have to worry about clogging but still not healthy for your face. Anyhow I checked out all the foundations available anywhere and tarte and this shu one were the best available ont eh market really with amazing ingredients (all organic), oil free, not pore clogging, etc. I mainly just stoppe dusing my powder foundation since even with teh light swipe my face was still feeling dirty. Now with this face architect if I wanna even out my complexion certain mornings I jsut put a little drop in my moisturizer and that little really works amazingly. It is so light weight and love that it is water based and jsut works amazingly overall. I use so many SHu Uemura products as is so honestly was not even suprised that this was so great and really do recommend it for anyone for every skin type and especially for someone with clog prone skin like mine or people with oily and problem skin. The minerals in shu products make them one of a kind. Plus the face architect comes in teh most variety of shades I've seen in almost any line which is great. I wanted to order online but I couldn't ahve guessed which shade I was in a million years lol so I went in 2 a Shu counter to ahve them match me. Im 365 (light fair skin for reference for anyone who wants to order online).

I will definitely be recommending this to everyone and even for those who layer it on thick I can see this beinga ble to give alot of good covereage since when I was at the counter they put it on all over my face. Definitely will also keep the Tarte foundation in mind since its as good as this, slightly cheaper for the amount, but jsut has the added spf30 factor/very moisturizing which I dont need at the moment since I already have a spf55 and moisturizer i use daily.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update III: Not a bad foundie, but I've found better for me. Not enough coverage, no shade that truly fits, and somewhat hard to apply evenly. GA & YSL is a much better fit for me. I tried at least.

UpdateII: I completely misjudged this product. After trying this in two shades, 774 & 764 I completely gave up with shu and started wearing GA, but still not being completely happy. I finally came back to try this once again, after trying 15+ more foundies. I finally figured out I am more of 564. This was a tough road, since I don't live close to a Shu counter and the color #s are little hard to figure out. Hopefully this turn into HG, or at least a two time purchase. For reference I am a NC25/30. Also, Concealer Givenchy Mister Light #4 matches Shu 564.

I really like how this gives me a natural polished look, though it is somewhat sheer. However I think I got the wrong color. I picked up 774, which looks way lighter than EL DWL #1 & Chanel Nude/1.

Update: I finally got 776, and it's too dark/yellow. During my trial run, I noticed that my skin felt tighter and dry. Although it was not a color match 776 seemed to cover my imperfections better than 774 and it did not end up looking like a dead mask. Thinking that I might have judged 774 wrong, I went back to try it again. Now I think it might not be too light, but it actually makes me look dead, almost like a kabuki mask; and it did not look even half way descent over my trouble areas.
So either I go with the Jandice look 776 or Kabuki Mask 774. I'll take neither. Back to EL DWL 01..uhh the search continues.