Maybelline Define A Lash Waterproof

3.5

Isoleucine , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Water - Aqua , Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer , Rice Bran Wax - Oryza Sativa Cera , Paraffin , Alcohol Denat , Polyvinyl Laurate , VP/Eicosene Copolymer , Propylene Carbonate , Talc , Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolyme , PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate , Propylparaben , Methylparaben , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - May Contain

on 8/22/2008 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I liked this mascara because it stayed on longer than other mascaras and did not flake too much. I have short straight asian lashes and very oily skin, I also wear RGP contacts so it is difficult to wear mascara which flakes. I like shu uemura mascara but this is cheaper.

on 8/20/2008 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I kind of liked this product, but only for occasional uses. I have super-long lashes already, and with 2 coats, they actually brushed the insides of my sunglasses when I blinked ( a little lash curler took care of that, though I usually don't have to use one)! It was good in that respect, and I think the waterproof formula stopped it from flaking like the original.

BUT ... on the downside, it was hard to get off. I used eye makeup remover twice and washed my face 3 times, and still couldn't get it all off until the next morning. And something about the formula seems to make it prone to drying out faster.

on 8/8/2008 2:06:00 PM

I purchased this little slender shiny neon green tube of lengthening waterproof mascara in Very Black for $4 at my local Walgreens.
Yesterday, I had on the Maybelline Volume Define A Lash waterproof version in the bright fuschia tube. Today, the lengthening one is the chosen one.
The formula texture is very similar to the volumizing one, kind of on the thin side. It went on smooth, even, and without clumps. However, it did not lengthen very much. I found that the volumizing one actually had greater lengthening capabilites....strange, but true....Anyway, it held onto the curl and did not droop at all. No flakies nor smudges.
Overall, this mascara is ok. It gave me natural looking lashes. The color was deep, but not too fake looking. Like the lengthening version, the wand is a bit on the flimsy side--that's ok since it did not cause clumping. I think this one will be going back to Walgreens because I like the volumizing one better...or maybe I'll keep it since it's so cheap...

on 7/28/2008 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Best mascara ever!! I was spending $28 every couple of months thinking that DiorShow was the best thing out there. WRONG!
I used to have clumps and my mascara used to flake though out the day. Really annoying and used to make my dark circles look even darker.
NOT ANYMORE.

Define-a-lash is great and 1/3 of what I used to pay. My lashes have never been this long. They look very well defined, natural and no clumps! Great product. I have the hot pink one in brownish black.

on 7/28/2008 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Absolutely loved this product!
Made my lashes way longer. Not a whole lot of volume, but that's fine with me, since it doesn't advertise that it will give volume.
I have short Asian lashes that point downwards, and with a good curl and around two coats of this stuff, my lashes are AMAZING.
And lasts all day! I've got oily skin, and my eyelids are no exception, but this does not smudge under my eyes whatsoever!
Would buy again and again.

on 7/17/2008 7:04:00 PM

I think this is one of the best mascaras I have ever used. I am not big into the look of big fat lashes on me. I like them to look long, keep the curl I give them and look somewhat natural without clumping. I think this mascara is about the best at doing the things I want it to do. I read other reviews and can say that I didn't get the clumping other people talked about. My lashes look as good at the end of the day as when I put it on. Also, I found they aren't really stiff and crunchy like they are when I use certain other mascaras. The wand is a bit funny to work with. It is rubber so when you put it back into the tube you have to be gentle and sure that it goes in straight or else it bends all over the place. I don't have any problems putting it on even though the brush is flexible. I haven't cared much for other Maybelline products so I am a bit surprised that I like this one so much.

I buy all different brands of mascara depending on my mood but I am tempted to stick with this one. It is easy to get at any store and not too expensive. Can't say that about other high end brands. I love not spending $20-30 each time I need a new tube. I regularly replace mine every three months so it adds up. More money to spend on other things!

Again, remember that I like my lashes to look pretty natural but noticeable and you aren't going to get super thick lashes with this - just pretty lashes that stay put all day. Perfect for me.

EDIT: I am downgrading this to 3 lippies because I am not having the same results now that I had when I first bought it. At first I really liked it because it gave this nice natural look but then after it began to dry out in the tube it was just kind of clumpy and difficult to get a nice smooth coat on my lashes. Still looking for the magic formula I guess.

on 7/1/2008 10:34:00 AM

A new fave! I used to be loyal to Full N' Soft WP, but this mascara (green tube, flexible wand) is even better. I love the rubber wand, although with one of my tubes, it's was a bit too flexible and I have to be careful when I put the wand back in the tube or it flops about! Very gentle on the lash base, no irritating fibers (I find some wands to be scratchy but I've had blepharitis on and off so I'm a little picky)
Just like most mascaras, too much product comes out, so a little dab with a tissue b4 applying helps.
Overall, it does what it says, is not hard to remove with WP remover (like most Maybellines) Dark, long and unclumpy lashes are mine!!!!!

on 6/25/2008 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this is the waterproof one that i'm talking about. i hate this mascara.first of all, the flexible wand makes it so difficult for me to apply it,,i dont know about the non waterproof version,but this one is so hard to be removed too.it pulls out so lot of lashes when i remove it.gosh! horrible.
also it does nothing to define lashes as the name suggests.
i hate this mascara.

on 6/14/2008 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

absolutely hate this. when i first put it on, i liked it because it dried slowly so i had a good amount of time to brush out my lashes to separate them (that should have been my first clue). through out the day it started to get sticky and clump my lashes together. so i tried to get it off. but when they say waterproof, they arent joking. this stuff is ridiculously hard to get off. im pretty for sure i pulled out half of my eyelashes trying to get this stuff off.
definitely will not buy again.

on 6/10/2008 9:25:00 PM

This product is surprisingly good. I have very short eye lashes, it made them much... much longer looking & no clumps.. but the wand is a bit too soft, i am still getting use to it