November 22, 2014 | 1818 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 11:35:00 AM More reviews by carmenners

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely loved this product!
Made my lashes way longer. Not a whole lot of volume, but that's fine with me, since it doesn't advertise that it will give volume.
I have short Asian lashes that point downwards, and with a good curl and around two coats of this stuff, my lashes are AMAZING.
And lasts all day! I've got oily skin, and my eyelids are no exception, but this does not smudge under my eyes whatsoever!
Would buy again and again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is one of the best mascaras I have ever used. I am not big into the look of big fat lashes on me. I like them to look long, keep the curl I give them and look somewhat natural without clumping. I think this mascara is about the best at doing the things I want it to do. I read other reviews and can say that I didn't get the clumping other people talked about. My lashes look as good at the end of the day as when I put it on. Also, I found they aren't really stiff and crunchy like they are when I use certain other mascaras. The wand is a bit funny to work with. It is rubber so when you put it back into the tube you have to be gentle and sure that it goes in straight or else it bends all over the place. I don't have any problems putting it on even though the brush is flexible. I haven't cared much for other Maybelline products so I am a bit surprised that I like this one so much.

I buy all different brands of mascara depending on my mood but I am tempted to stick with this one. It is easy to get at any store and not too expensive. Can't say that about other high end brands. I love not spending $20-30 each time I need a new tube. I regularly replace mine every three months so it adds up. More money to spend on other things!

Again, remember that I like my lashes to look pretty natural but noticeable and you aren't going to get super thick lashes with this - just pretty lashes that stay put all day. Perfect for me.

EDIT: I am downgrading this to 3 lippies because I am not having the same results now that I had when I first bought it. At first I really liked it because it gave this nice natural look but then after it began to dry out in the tube it was just kind of clumpy and difficult to get a nice smooth coat on my lashes. Still looking for the magic formula I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by mishamod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A new fave! I used to be loyal to Full N' Soft WP, but this mascara (green tube, flexible wand) is even better. I love the rubber wand, although with one of my tubes, it's was a bit too flexible and I have to be careful when I put the wand back in the tube or it flops about! Very gentle on the lash base, no irritating fibers (I find some wands to be scratchy but I've had blepharitis on and off so I'm a little picky)
Just like most mascaras, too much product comes out, so a little dab with a tissue b4 applying helps.
Overall, it does what it says, is not hard to remove with WP remover (like most Maybellines) Dark, long and unclumpy lashes are mine!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2008 1:39:00 AM More reviews by gudiyachettu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the waterproof one that i'm talking about. i hate this mascara.first of all, the flexible wand makes it so difficult for me to apply it,,i dont know about the non waterproof version,but this one is so hard to be removed too.it pulls out so lot of lashes when i remove it.gosh! horrible.
also it does nothing to define lashes as the name suggests.
i hate this mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by SARAHx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

absolutely hate this. when i first put it on, i liked it because it dried slowly so i had a good amount of time to brush out my lashes to separate them (that should have been my first clue). through out the day it started to get sticky and clump my lashes together. so i tried to get it off. but when they say waterproof, they arent joking. this stuff is ridiculously hard to get off. im pretty for sure i pulled out half of my eyelashes trying to get this stuff off.
definitely will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by ddff202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is surprisingly good. I have very short eye lashes, it made them much... much longer looking & no clumps.. but the wand is a bit too soft, i am still getting use to it

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

This is my long-sought Zaubermascara!!!! It's very light, never clumps, and totally non-mascara-y looking. Stays put, and I'm a colossal greaseball. No problem to take it off with salicylic acid-based face soap, for me.

This is so natural-looking I've even been experimenting with doing my lower lashes, although my wonder-woman idolizing child welfare boss once told me that's a big no-no. Right now I'm feeling guardedly optimistic that I can pull it off as a "personal style," rather than "eccentric," "tacky" or just "poor and tasteless." I think it looks very Zooey Deschanel. For reference I already have good, full lashes but also out of control oily skin. The kind that will give me zits until I die, but never wrinkles.

An appreciative Crax-y golf clap to Maybelline.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by ditch13

I actually find this is one of the best waterproof mascaras I've had.

I have really "oily eyes". If I only apply the top lashes, throughout the day it smudges onto my lower line! I have to say this one still does a little if I really wear it the whole day long without touching up my face at all... but it only smudges very little and it's easy to clean it off, just wipe it off w/ my finger or tissue paper.

It doesn't really clump up for me, the brush design actually keep my lashes away from sticking together. I curl my lashes before applying, and this mascara won't straighten out my curl so my lashes stays curly w/o having to curl them again. it doesn't add much volume but it definitely makes my lashes look longer. The colour is dark enough to make my lashes very noticeable, so even though it doesn't add much volume but it's nice looking enough.

Because it doesn't clump on me so I'm interested on knowing how it clumps on others. As for removing, I have no problem removing them, no lashes plugged out. I actually found that it's really the matter of the brand of the remover we use. So far I think the best waterproof eye makeup remover is the Sephora brand, then it's either Almay or Neutrogena waterproof eye makeup remover (I forgot which one.) When you look into the tube u can see 2 different layers of liquid and need to shake them before use. Those are usually the best for removing waterproof makeup without damaging your lashes. (Yet they are supposedly to be oil free... )

The Define A Lash has for the volume version but so far I couldn't find the waterproof for it over the counter. May have to look around it online...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2008 12:33:00 PM More reviews by makeup7junkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

it works really well i like it, the brush will suprise you at first though you will get used to it it takes a little longer to dry than most though, and it only makes your lashes long, not thick

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2008 10:09:00 AM More reviews by dustyjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like a another reviewer bought the waterproof version by mistake and wow what a mistake I made. It is so different to the non-waterproof one. This clogged up my lashes and was so difficult to remove with cleanser (formulated for waterproof makeup). The worst part was that some of my eyelashed were being pulled out because it was so difficult to remove. An expensive mistake as I had to bin it and buy the non-waterproof version which I love.