April 19, 2014 | 998 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by SARAHx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

absolutely hate this. when i first put it on, i liked it because it dried slowly so i had a good amount of time to brush out my lashes to separate them (that should have been my first clue). through out the day it started to get sticky and clump my lashes together. so i tried to get it off. but when they say waterproof, they arent joking. this stuff is ridiculously hard to get off. im pretty for sure i pulled out half of my eyelashes trying to get this stuff off.
definitely will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by ddff202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is surprisingly good. I have very short eye lashes, it made them much... much longer looking & no clumps.. but the wand is a bit too soft, i am still getting use to it

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

This is my long-sought Zaubermascara!!!! It's very light, never clumps, and totally non-mascara-y looking. Stays put, and I'm a colossal greaseball. No problem to take it off with salicylic acid-based face soap, for me.

This is so natural-looking I've even been experimenting with doing my lower lashes, although my wonder-woman idolizing child welfare boss once told me that's a big no-no. Right now I'm feeling guardedly optimistic that I can pull it off as a "personal style," rather than "eccentric," "tacky" or just "poor and tasteless." I think it looks very Zooey Deschanel. For reference I already have good, full lashes but also out of control oily skin. The kind that will give me zits until I die, but never wrinkles.

An appreciative Crax-y golf clap to Maybelline.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by ditch13

I actually find this is one of the best waterproof mascaras I've had.

I have really "oily eyes". If I only apply the top lashes, throughout the day it smudges onto my lower line! I have to say this one still does a little if I really wear it the whole day long without touching up my face at all... but it only smudges very little and it's easy to clean it off, just wipe it off w/ my finger or tissue paper.

It doesn't really clump up for me, the brush design actually keep my lashes away from sticking together. I curl my lashes before applying, and this mascara won't straighten out my curl so my lashes stays curly w/o having to curl them again. it doesn't add much volume but it definitely makes my lashes look longer. The colour is dark enough to make my lashes very noticeable, so even though it doesn't add much volume but it's nice looking enough.

Because it doesn't clump on me so I'm interested on knowing how it clumps on others. As for removing, I have no problem removing them, no lashes plugged out. I actually found that it's really the matter of the brand of the remover we use. So far I think the best waterproof eye makeup remover is the Sephora brand, then it's either Almay or Neutrogena waterproof eye makeup remover (I forgot which one.) When you look into the tube u can see 2 different layers of liquid and need to shake them before use. Those are usually the best for removing waterproof makeup without damaging your lashes. (Yet they are supposedly to be oil free... )

The Define A Lash has for the volume version but so far I couldn't find the waterproof for it over the counter. May have to look around it online...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2008 12:33:00 PM More reviews by makeup7junkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

it works really well i like it, the brush will suprise you at first though you will get used to it it takes a little longer to dry than most though, and it only makes your lashes long, not thick

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2008 10:09:00 AM More reviews by dustyjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like a another reviewer bought the waterproof version by mistake and wow what a mistake I made. It is so different to the non-waterproof one. This clogged up my lashes and was so difficult to remove with cleanser (formulated for waterproof makeup). The worst part was that some of my eyelashed were being pulled out because it was so difficult to remove. An expensive mistake as I had to bin it and buy the non-waterproof version which I love.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by goldenchiffon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is possible the worst mascara I have ever owned. By mistake I bought the waterproof formula & let me tell you that was a HUGE mistake.

I will say that this mascara did give me longer lashes, but it also made my lashes extremely dry & even what I would describe as crispy. Also it pulled out about 6-8 lashes every time I took it off (I don't have full lashes to begin with, so every lash counts). Last night I had to use 4 makeup remover pads to get the stuff off & I woke up this morning with black flakes under my eyes, I vowed never to use this mascara again. Save your money & buy Loreal Voluminous instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2008 1:19:00 AM More reviews by frankenstain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay really excited and wanted to try this for a long time. The formula for this mascara is good, nothing wrong with it. But the wand! The wand is way WAY too flexible! That thing is all over the place! If you use primer and then try to use this over it its not gonna happen. The rubbery mascara wands are fine but they have to be a little more sturdy than this one. Go for L'Oreal Telescopic instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2008 2:45:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Obsessed with this mascara. It literally makes me look like I am wearing false lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Mickster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a beautiful package. The mascara wears well, and removes fine for me with my MUFE Sense Eyes remover. But--- I can't deal with the floppiness of tis brush. I end up with mascara all over my face. Maybe I just don't get it?