January 25, 2015 | 1936 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great inexpensive small towel for exfoliating the body. Better than a loofah. A bit too harsh for the face, unless you have a very gentle touch.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Cherna11

Once again, thanks to the MUA ladies. Due to the highly positive reviews of the Salux washcloth I decided to finally buy one! When I first used it I thought “Omg, how am I gonna use this from now on? It hurts to use it! It feels like a brillo pad!” But after the FIRST use my skin felt soooo soft. I was convinced! After the third or fourth use my skin sensitivities were gone and the bumps on my knees (ingrown hairs from shaving) were gone! I had smooth knees and elbows and the bumps on back of my arms were gradually fading. Just for kicks I thought of going back to my shower pouf but it felt so weak compared to my awesome salux washcloth. It was like I was running a piece of seaweed across my body, compared to the really clean and invigorating feeling I get from using the salux. It really helps circulate the blood when you use the salux. Overall, I am SO happy with my salux and will never go back to the pouf!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave every one in my family one of these scrubby cloths for Christmas. I got them at a Japanese market and they were very cheap. I love them for both exfoliating and creating masses of suds with just a very little bit of soap or shower gel. It really helps to scrub the back. This is one of the top 3 or 4 beauty products I have discovered in the past few months. I love it for getting the dry skin off my legs so that moisturizing cream can do a better job. Tiny price tag, big payoff.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by momfox

Product is amazing. Your skin feels soft and silky. It feels harsh at first, but you get use to it. Results are unbelievable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These are brilliant. I can't imagine anything working any better to soften and exfoliate skin. The first time I used this I didn't expect immediate results, but my skin was instantly smoother and felt velvety.

I also use this on my face about once a week. I just rub VERY gently and my face is smooth and glowy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by lynne9999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

brilliant, much better than anything else i have tried

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by amydo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first, I only bought one because I want to find out is it as good as everyone said. During the first several uses, I thought it is a little coarse but you can adjust how hard you want to rub against your skin. Glad to say that after a week, I went back and bought 3 more for everyone in my family. I got them from a Japanese Market for less than $3. They work so well and my body feels so smooth. No more searching for the perfect bath towel/sponge for me. This is my HG. Strongly recommend, it is cheap and last for a long time, I have the first one for more than six months and it is still in good shape. Occasionally, I put them in the washer and they come out so clean almost like new. Go get some and try them out and you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by MissLori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use it every day in the shower, and I think I am most impressed with how wonderful this product is for face washing. I rub a bit more gently than the rest of my body, and my skin looks so young and fresh and glowing all the time now. No more blackheads or icky pores. All those years of expensive, messy exfoliating products and all I really needed was this amazing cloth to have a peaches and cream complexion at age 47. Crazy. Love this thing. Best 4 bucks I ever spent.

Btw...make sure you get the real deal, made in Japan. There are some phony ones out there, and they just aren't the same.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Can't live without this! Got a brand new one in a swap with an awesome USAer and I haven't looked back since, I will never be without it! I elipate and this is CRUCIAL in keeping away the ingrown hairs and does a fantastic job of it. Traditional body scrubs or body brushes just don't cut the cake. I don't have to mess with annoying tubs of sea salt or sugar scrubs and the hassle of exfoliating for ages to get the desired effect. I don't have to wish I was a contortionist in order to exfoliate my back. I used to dry brush my body in an attempt to get the softest skin because even the most harsh exfoliators wouldn't give me the same effect. Dry brushing was time consuming and exhausting but the salux is so quick and easy to use! I feel so soft and clean after I use it. I love how I can EASILY exfoliate my back with this because it's long enough! It cleared up acne on my back and even got rid of some of the hyper-pigmentation from old acne scars. I am softer than I've ever been in my life lol. I don't feel clean without this. It lathers beautifully, does a fantastic job of exfoliating and dries quickly. It's so cheap too, it's worth a shot!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by emily_k

After discovering this product last July(thanks to the reviews on MUA!), I don't consider it a real shower if I don't have my Salux bath towel with me. It does such a great job exfoliating. I always had a lot of trouble with exfoliation of the skin on my back, but with the Salux bath towel I can reach everywhere and range from scrubbing hard to light exfoliation. It is great on all parts of the body, and overtime you will realize a big difference in your knees and elbows. I also like to use it between my fingers and toes, leaving the shower feeling sparkling clean :) I use it with either a bar of Dove soap or shower gel.
As others have mentioned, it is quite cheap. I really like the 'new towel feeling' also, so I have bought them several times, once through the Amazon website and twice through the product website. On the Amazon website, there seems to be something going on where the Salux towel will be knocked off by a cheap Chinese replacement. Check out that reviews. For that reason I went to the Salux website and received wonderful service including a personalized note.
Buy a bigger pack and then you can give extras out to family/friends who you think might like it. They'll be obsessed!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No