October 24, 2014 | 1681 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by jennyvo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes! The perfect eyebrow pencil for black hair. Other brown eyebrow pencils I've discovered has an orangey look to it, and this is an actual dark brown! It stays on all day.

I would've preferred a spool on the end of the pencil instead of a comb. And the first time I bought it I mistook it for a windup&down pencil but beware, you can't wind it down, just up! The pencil is very thin and it's perfect for drawing little hairs and making it look more natural!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by lilaznkitty11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I give this product a 4.5. I LOVE this. I use it in Dark Brown and it has NO red undertones whatsoever, which is hard to come by. It's pigmented and goes on easily. The slimness of the pencil makes it easy to define the tail of my brow. The only thing I hate about this product is that it doesn't last the whole day for me. Because I have really oily skin, I have to reapply this if I'm going out again. Other than that, I would definitely be purchasing this again.

EDIT: I just found out that they have discontinued the shade Dark Brown. Although I was initially upset about this (since this was a dupe for MAC's brow pencil in spiked and I thought that I was saving money by getting Maybelline's version), after some research I found out that MAC's brow pencil is more worth it.

MAC: .003 oz for $16 = $5.33 for .001 oz
Maybelline: .001 oz for $6 (Walmart)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by jcdx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have repurchased this numerous times and I love it. Its so hard to find a pigmented drugstore eyebrow pencil and this is my favorite. IMO it is almost as good as macs but less expensive! The only problem is that it breaks off sort of easily:/ Oh well, I still love it HG for sure!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

after great reviews, i was excited to try! except I have pretty wiry/thick brow hairs and this barely got in between them. because of that, you could tell how waxy the product was on my brows and it looked very weird and not cute. plus, since it was taking so much more effort to get between my brow hairs, i had to twist up the pencil at least 10 times during application, thus making me believe i'd go through this $8-9 pencil pretty quickly. Plus, the brush is not as good as a spoolie you could get from sephora's sample application stands or Sally's in a multi-pack. I'm immediately returning to CVS :(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by lovejkras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the shade "light blonde." I was told this was a dupe for Mac's brow pencil in "Fling." I can tell you it most certainly is not. While the packaging is very similar (twist up, a similar type of stick packaging), but the pigmentation is simply not there. I have natural, golden blonde hair and I wanted a brow pencil that made my similarly colored, sparse brows defined. This pencil is waxy and severely lacking in pigmentation. For a drugstore brow pencil, you'd be better off getting the Wet 'n Wild eye pencil in taupe, though that's a touch darker for me. Fling is still my HG and I will continue to buy it until I find a drugstore product that perfectly dupes it. Brows are too important to chance it with bad products!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this in light blonde, which really should read "RED HEAD." I have light brown ASH toned brows, and this was so obvious. I used it up to give it a fair chance, but heck no. heck no.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by FierceIncluded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my staple brow pencil, until something better comes along =) I prefer drugstore brands for brow and mascara since I go through them so fast, and this one is great. Lasts all day even through sweating, and surprisingly rain as well. I tend to rub my face throughout the day just out of habit and this seems to stick to me pretty well. I wish it was a little cheaper by a buck or so, I think its great but for DS its a little pricey for a brow pencil.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by jayme120

I was very surprised at how much I liked this brow pencil. There are not a ton of shades to choose from but I was able to find one that was close enough.
I also love that there is no sharpening required.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by bigsvig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great brow pencil. It works great and has a nice balance between soft and smudgey and crisp. I just notice that it gets used up very fast. Seriously. I know its a cheap drugstore brand, but I wonder if the economics are really all that great given how quickly it gets used up. I have noticed this in several Maybelline products. Even given the tendency to reach more often for a product that is working great for you, I think they are up to something...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by eko99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this brow pencil. After developing a rather expensive addiction to the Kevyn Aucoin brow pencil, I needed to find a less spendy replacement. I didn't have high hopes. Most of the brow pencils I've tried are either a. just as expensive as the KA or b. waxy melted crayon greasy clown messes. Enter Maybelline Define-A-Brow. I bought them when they had a BOGO 50% deal on Maybelline and supplemented it with a coupon. I figured I could risk trying it and if it was crap, I wouldn't be out that much for the attempt. Instead, I was VERY pleasantly surprised. It's not as dry as the KA, but it is also more flexible in that I can soften up a harsh edge without ending up removing the color entirely. It doesn't migrate or smear without some serious effort and the dark brown is a good dupe of the KA brunette although very slightly warmer. It also works as a precise non tugging eyeliner and fake mole creator. My only complaint is that there's no spoolie on the other end, and I'm used to flipping the pencil over to use the spoolie to blend the color a little. The tiny green comb isn't very good in that regard- but I've got heaps of spoolies around. However, that little comb is AWESOME for separating eyelashes and dealing with wet mascara clumps. I used to use the metal comb type separator (which resulted in at least one trip to the eye doctor because I scratched my cornea with those evilly sharp needles) and have poked myself in the finger and drawn blood more than once when digging around in my makeup bag. No more........Great brows at 25% of the cost of a KA AND I won't have to worry about my tetanus shot being up to date....

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No