MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

4.2

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm on the fence about this..I own this in medium plus, been using it over a year to set my liquid foundations. In the summer time I feel like this can be too light for my skin tone(NC40). Mac does need a better color selection since medium plus seems a little light and medium dark would be too dark. Some days when I don't want to wear a lot of makeup I just apply a little bit of concealer on problem areas and this pressed powder all over my face and it works great.

on 5/6/2010 10:19:00 PM

Great product! Really love it and no regrets of buying it even with the hefty price tag for a pressed powder. I usually use this on it's own because it could get too heavy when you use this on top of liquid foundation.
I've been using it for 2 months now and have no episodes of break out.
What I love about MAC's MSF Natural is that it gives perfect coverage and even out my skintone. Although I do think that medium plus is a bit too light for my skintone (I'm NC 35-37), but I had to stick with this because the darker color MAC has is medium dark (which is way too dark for me). So if MAC comes up with a color between medium plus and medium dark, I'd give this product 5 lippies.

on 4/29/2010 2:05:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I LOVE this stuff( I have it in light medium, and I'm NW20)...it is very light weight, perfect for setting liquid foundation, and I also works by it self if you are just looking to even out your skin tone. wonderful product, do not hesitate to purchase this :)

on 3/16/2010 2:20:00 PM

This was actually my first setting powder. It doesn`t have good coverage, and I don`t find that you can build it up too many times or It will get cakey. i didn`t really like the finish it gave me, sometimes it was too powdery and not dewy. I used it for about a year,and Im sure it will last for a very long time after that. I paid about 40$ for this powder, and I dont think it was worth it. Its nice, and i love MAC products but Im sure I could find another one that is better in price.

on 3/16/2010 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favorite MAC product ever.....favorite powder, Everything about this powder.

I would have never even thought about picking up this stuff but since the girl at MAC used it on me, i loved everything about it. I would never use another powder to set again. the color is perfect, it doesnt cause me to break out. Makes everything look flawless, but natural when im done.

I hope MAC never discontinues this product ever, the price is even worth how it makes me feel about my skin when I walk out the door

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Let me start off by saying that I have NO IDEA why people are saying this is nice coverage or buildable. It is extremely sheer and light. I guess they have perfect skin. This is, for me, NOT a powder foundation. Again, I don't understand that. I use this as my setting powder and I apply it with a kabuki. I think I might purchase in another color because when I wear this alone with my concealer it looks too light. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this product.

on 3/16/2010 1:16:00 PM

This is the best finishing powder I've ever used! It's got buildable coverage without looking powdery or cakey. I can wear it with just a little concealer under my eyes for a daily look. Or, I can wear it over my TM or liquid foundation for a flawless special occasion/ evening look. I used to use Studio Fix and that was just a little too powdery and heavy, but a friend of mine told me about MSF Natural and I bought it online without even seeing it first, SOOOO glad I did! I only hope that this isn't one of MAC's famous discontinues in the future bc it truly is my HG powder!

on 3/4/2010 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG of setting powders I used it everyday over my tinted moisturizer, and sometimes alone. Looks amazing! Will definatly repurchasing I am on my second one in 4 months =S LOVE!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I really like this product for ease of use as I apply this over my Mac Studio fix fluid to fix my makeup for the day. I use the MAC 187 brush to apply as i find this gives a better finish then using my MAC 150 brush. It stays flawless all day and I have very oily skin. As the pressed powder is not completely matt it has a slight pearlised finish which looks very natural. You can use this on its own as a foundation but i found i had to really build it up in layers to get a better coverage. Highly recommended if you want a long wearing powder. x
UPDATE: I am now using this with my Mac 182 buffer brush all over my face then using my MAC 130 brush on areas I need more coverage and its amazing...totaly flawless. x

on 2/16/2010 4:49:00 PM

I really like this product a lot. I have never had anything bad to say about MAC cosmetics. However, I have been having a bad skin condition ever since around the time I purchased this product. I have noticed inflamed areas around my nose and a few spots on my chin. I have tried many many products before on my face and have never had a skin problem before. I am completely baffled at this. I think I am about to stop using this product for about a week and see if my problem clears up. If anyone at all has had a similar problem with this, I would surely like to know! Thanks

Recommended for Normal Skin