Isehan Kiss Me by Isehan - Heroine Make Long

4.3

on 1/12/2010 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this mascara. It makes all the "top mascaras" look silly, IMO. Lengthens my short Asian lashes like crazy, never ever smudges, never clumps despite many applications, and rinses off easily with a good eye makeup remover (I use Clinique Take the Day Off) - YES you will need an oil-based eye makeup remover, don't be lazy ladies. The long, all-day curly lashes you'll get are more than worth it. I buy it for $18 at a Japanese grocery store, but I wish I could find it more easily and for cheaper!

on 12/28/2009 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My HG mascara....
Well, this, and Kiss Me's Volume & Curl Mascara
you can actually tell the diff between these two mascaras. The long & curl makes my short, straight Asian lashes visibly longer, and the curl lasts ALL DAY (I have to use a lash curler first, though) The mascara itself feels light and clean. A result of this, however, is that it doesn't do much for volume. You're not going to get those thick fans as in the advertisements. All in all, however, if you're going for a simple & clean day look, neutral colors and this mascara should make your eyes pop remarkably.

The volume & curl mascara, similarly, delivers great volume, though lenght-wise it doesn't compare to the long & curl version. You could use both together, perhaps, as I sometimes do. But in general I tend to use them separately.

Oh, Kiss Me's mascaras do not flake either. The lasting power is AMAZING and goes through sweat, tears, and water....which makes it a little difficult to wash off. I usually use DHC's oil remover or Chanel's eye makeup remover.

on 11/26/2009 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is my other HG on par with lash expander from majorca majolica, this is a great alternative when you only want length. pair it with cover girl's lash blast for extra volume to smudge at the roots.

edit: I found that you can REALLY layer this baby on for the most amazing volume! Check out the mega photo of my eye above, haha! That was after 4 layers + heated eye curler. My mom thought I had fake lashes on. That makes it all worth it :) Oh and they have their own brand of remover wand especially designed for this mascara. It makes removing ANY mascara a total breeze. I wipe it off with any moisturizing makeup wipes and voila! Perfectly clean. The most amazing thing is that my lashes still hold their curl even without that mascara. Totally unheard of in the past. I'm so proud of my baby!

edit x2: just wanted to tell everyone that this mascara is great when paired with the majorca majolica lash expander on top because the fibers from Kissme builds a wonderful volume base for the lash expander to extend its length on. SALE ALERT!!! I am in no way affiliated with this seller/website whatsoever, but I would like to share with those interested that www.adambeauty.com is having a special on the limited edition set of mascara + remover. Go check it out because the price works out so that you practically get the remover for free :)

on 11/1/2009 1:18:00 AM

this mascara holds the curl really well and lasts for a long time with no smudges, however, i find that it isn't really that great when it comes to lengthening, despite the name. i do prefer this brush over the volume one though, and for its cost, it's a good buy.

on 10/27/2009 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this & the volume version from ebay. They definitely hold curl. I tried it with Kanebo Kate primer and without and they both held the curl very well. I have short, sparse Asian lashes and all mascaras make my lashes drop no matter how well I curl them before unless I use the Shiseido or Kanebo primer.

Now, this hold curl extremely well, but it doesn't really coat the lashes thickly. The curved brush is good, it's short so it is easy to get all of the lashes, but the coating is very thin and you can't really layer it because it dries brittle.

I will use this one until gone as a base for other mascaras for the curl, but by itself, its not making my lashes lush enough.

on 10/14/2009 12:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

the only one keeps me purchase! really water-proof, never smudge on my eyes! long enough but you may need a lash comb to separate the lashes! good quality+cheap

on 9/24/2009 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This mascara is currently the no.1 mascara on cosme.net, the Japanese equivalent of MUA. This stuff works wonders for my obnoxious stick-straight Asian lashes. They're actually visible from the front for once, lol. It holds curls very well (best I've tried), lengthening effect is moderate. Doesn't smudge or leave flakes behind like MAC and benefit mascaras do. Doesn't weigh lashes down like loreal ones do. Like what everyone has mentioned, it's quite difficult to remove. I rubbed a gel-based remover into my lashes, took about 1 minute to remove the "lash tubes" completely. Price is very reasonable, 1050 yen (US$10) for a tube. Packaging is plain and a little tacky. From MUA reviews it seems like people with stick-straight lashes like this product a lot more than people with normal lashes. I guess we appreciate the industrial strength curl-holding power, which doesn't matter as much to normal lashes.

UPDATE: I'm using it with shiseido's eyelash curler, it's MAGIC :) My lashes normally point down, now they stay at 80 degrees for hours. They look exactly like the lashes of models in Japanese magazines (CanCam, Non-no, ViVi) Pretty amazing by my standards.

on 9/15/2009 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I've removed 80 year old lead paint from my door trimmings faster than I can remove this stuff. I actually went out and bought a strong Japanese brand eye make up remover because I couldn't get it off and I panicked. Does a really nice job of lengthening my lashes and gives a little bit of curl, and I can certainly say that it lasts and lasts. So it effectively does what it says it would. But...would I repurchase? No - for I despise the brush shape. I find the curve unnecessary and it skips my outer lashes too much. Plus there's too much else out there to try!

on 7/31/2009 7:57:00 AM

Lovely mascara overall. It lengths and thickens and my curled lashes stay. It doesn't clump, I love the wand - makes application easy. Doesn't smudge. The fibres can sometimes irritate my lenses, but its fine without lenses.

on 7/27/2009 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

What I love about this mascara is the fact that it gives me rich dark long lashes and the tips of my lashes don't go in different crazy clumpy directions like they do with most other mascaras. It is a bit hard to take off but it's really worth it for me. I can layer this on and it gives some dramatic results. I paid $18 USD for it so I may not buy it again because of the price but it's pretty good for what I paid for.

EDIT: When you splash around in water it will flake and if you're just going along with your regular day, it's going to flake fibers. It's pretty flakey. I don't mind too much but if you really hate flakes, stay away from this one.

I found out that you can get it from adambeauty.com for about $13.
That's with the shipping costs. A bit cheeper than getting it at the Japanese supermarket I bought mine at.

OK FINAL EDIT: I've had this mascara for a month and a half and it's already dry and clumpy and the flaking has gotten even WORSE. Now it's starting to bother me. It looks great and gives volume and length, but it has a short shelf life and flakes like no tomorrow. So if your mascara starts to dry out just warm a cup of water for a minitue or 2 in the microwave and dip your mascara bottle in the heated cup for a min. It's as good as new when I do this. I'm not throwing out this good mascara just yet!