December 18, 2014 | 1355 users online

Mascara - Kiss Me - HEROINE MAKE long and curl mascara (black)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by chinkywinky

This mascara lengthened but it was not dramatic since the fibers were short in comparison to Majolica Majorca's Lash Gorgeous Wing. My lashed did not clump and it held my curl all day. It didn't wash off very well when I used a cleaning oil in comparison to cleaning off other mascaras. I could still see mascara residue the next morning when I curled my lashes. A tube only lasted less than 1.5 months when applied daily. There was still product left but it went bad by the tell tale bad smell. A $15 mascara that doesn't last long and is hard to wash off makes this a one-time buy. I prefer Fiberwig for the same price and MM's Lash Gogeous Wing for a bit more.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2008 12:56:00 AM More reviews by darkpoet

This mascara actually does what it says: it lengthens with fibers and adds a little curl! However, it's better to curl with an eyelash curler beforehand, and the mascara holds the curl very well. My lashes aren't the softest, but they're not very brittle. The lengthening effect isn't overwhelmingly dramatic, but noticeable and natural. It wasn't too hard to remove either--just use a waterproof eye-makeup remover (i use sephora brand) and the mascara is removed easily. It stays on all day and holds the curl all day too! I bought this at my local japanese market for $17, so it wasn't the cheapest mascara around, but it's smudge-proof and waterproof. The formula doesn't feel terribly heavy, and I believe it's paraben-free, thought I may be wrong about that but the English translation didn't specify parabens in the product. The only downside to this product is that despite the fact it's a fiber mascara, it is not easily removed like Dejavu Fiberwig.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by annypooh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Honestly this is not a bad product, although not as outstanding as the other Kiss Me Active Girl Series. But this mascara does what it promises to do: elongate and curl the lashes. It's also nice that it doesn't clump and the lashes look quite natural. Not my first choice in mascaras, but a nice one to have.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2008 12:38:00 AM More reviews by chriquen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I visited Japan recently and made a note to stock up on tube mascaras (the only kind that doesn't smudge on me). Being that I can't read Japanese, I had mistakenly thought this was the tube one, only to find out it wasn't when it smudged on me (and also had to use my oil cleanser to take this off). The results, however, are the best I've ever had in any mascara. I have typically short Asian lashes that never hold a curl. With this mascara, I can achieve that false lashes look with two coats (though I stick to one coat usually) and the curl lasts all day. The thin, curved brush also makes it easy to reach all of my puny lashes, even ones at the outer corner. Examining the brush closely, you can also see tiny fibers (maybe about half the length of fiberwig's fibers). And from what I can tell from the packaging pictures, this is a waterproof formula. This isn't HG, but I'd most likely repurchase for the dramatic effects and since the smudging, though present, isn't as bad as most other mascaras. For normal/nonoily people, the smudging would probably not even be an issue.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Diaphne

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Reading the positive reviews from MUA encouraged to purchase this. I found it on ebay and purchased it for an ok price. I was sooo excited to try it. I was previously using Imju Fiberwig because it worked well and didn't smudge on me. I think smudging is my biggest issue with mascaras, may it be high end or low brands. If it doesn't pass the smudge proof test, forget it. I have SUPER OILY lids and sensitive eyes.
Why I wanted to try the Heroine Make mascara was because I needed to replace my Imju mascara. Plus, it was getting a little clumpy and it was leaving little specks on my face.
Anyways, when the Heroine Make mascara arrived I was so happy. I put it on asap and went out to dinner. It looked great and I was hopeful. After an hour at dinner, I came home and noticed that the mascara was smudging. The beginning of raccoon eyes...ugh! At least it didn't happen in the restaurant!
And yes, it just kept smudging after that. I even tried coating it with my Kanebo mascara sealant. NOPE.
My oily lids make it impossible for me to find or use most of the good mascaras out there. That's why I have the Kanebo product to help out.
Oh well, too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2008 3:47:00 AM More reviews by alcy830

i'm on my 4th or 5th tube of kiss me long and curl mascara. this is my HG along with HR lash queen! i bought mine from sasa (chain beauty store in asia) and its only around US$7. its better than all the shiseido, maybelline, loreal, lancome ones i've tried. i apply one coat for long, natural-looking lashes. perfect for school days. 3-4 coats for a more dramatic look which almost makes my barely there lashes look like falsies!
it also stays on perfectly and doesnt smudge at all(i have fairly oily lids). once i fell asleep with my eye make up on and the nnext morning it only smudged a tiny bit and what amazed me most is that it holds the curl SO well!
**if you want a naturally long look and high definition, curl your eyelashes carefully, apply each coat lightly and dont use the zigzag method. wait at least 30 seconds between coats.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2008 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Luckyboy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have long lashes but I need volume.This product didn't even come close to making my eyelashes look like fake eyelashes. It defined the length but didn't add much, if any thickness. . .My eyes looked like I had little if any mascara on. Also, I need a mascara that will come off in the shower. This product needs a special product to remove the mascara. I won't buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 2:09:00 AM More reviews by sanckensmom

I have only used this product twice, so I will re edit if anything changes....this mascara is amazing...it blows Fiberwig out of the water. I got it from Adamsbeauty for a super price (do not recall the price) and got two of them, both WP, one is called long and curl and the other is volume and curl. The volume one does volumize slightly more, but not enough to buy one over the other, imo. Yes, I have both opened at the same time...I resisted for weeks, because I had so many other new fresh mascaras opened, but my curiosity killed it for me...the first day I wore it, my lashes were so long they touched my eyelids and I do not have that long lashes, it is the fibers! What I love about this mascara is the uncanny ability to add seperation, whereas Fiberwig just made a big mess of my lashes, and they had a split endy looking thing going on, lol....no one has commented about the length yet but I think they look long and nice... This mascara also held a curl for me all day long, which was amazing considering how long they were looking, I expected them to droop throughout the day. definite repurchase for me! So glad I took a chance on this stuff...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Aralechan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally broke down and bought this mascara at my local Mitsuwa. It has a silly shojo manga crying girl with huge eyes and blonde curls on the package and so I steered clear of such girly marketing. But now, I must admit, this is a great mascara. Absolutely no smearing, great separation and a very pretty result. Love it. Not used to a curved brush, but soon got used to it. This might beat out my all time fave Powerstyle. I have a sneaking feeling that the Powerstyle doesn't sell as well so the tubes get old and that's why it hasn't been living up to my previous love for it. At $13.99 it's not a steal, but definitely more affordable than the department store high-end mascaras. Now if this were paraben free and biodegradable and cruelty free and free trade friendly and all those socially/enviromentally responsible things I would be estatic.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2008 9:42:00 AM More reviews by babiig1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara off Ebay and it was pretty cheap. It can be purchased off Sasa for even less -$6- but they're currently out of stock.

Moving along..this mascara is my HG mascara! I can't believe I have finally discovered a mascara that holds a curl! At such a cheap price too! It does everything it claims to do; it lengthens, it curls and holds a curl, it separates lashes and it does not clump. It's waterproof and when I say it does not smudge, I mean it does not smudge. In fact, it won't budge at all..whether you swim, bawl your eyes out or get caught in the pouring rain. As long as you use an oil-based makeup remover, it should be relatively easy to remove.

I've tried all sorts of mascaras from high-end brands such as Dior, Lancome, YSL, Dejavu Imju, MAC, Clinique, BeneFit, Estee Lauder, Chanel etc. to drugstore brands like Covergirl, Maybelline, Rimmel, Max Factor, L'Oreal.. even mascara primers (Shiseido Makeup Mascara Base, Missha Mascara Base) but Kiss Me Heroine outweighs them by far. I truly love this mascara!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No