Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

3.7

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Dimethicone , Boron Nitride , Zeolite , Methylparaben , Sorbic Acid , Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer , Propylparaben , Tetrasodium EDTA , Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate , BHT , Iron Oxides , Mica

on 1/30/2008 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my first try with any mineral foundation, I am very pale & freckled and I typically like full coverage. My skin is on the dry side, so I worried that a powder would settle into fine lines. I really like this. I dabbed some on my pinky to cover a sun spot & blended it in with the brush.

on 1/30/2008 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

My aunt's friend sales Mary Kay and for some reason she always tries to get me on the bandwagon....no thanks. But she called me one night and asked me to 'model' the mineral fdtn. I was in a good mood, so I agreed to sit through their little Mary Kay hay day thing. (have you guys ever really BEEN to one? Then you know what I'm talking about) Anyway, my color is the lightest ivory 1 I believe. The coverage was good, so much more than I expected! I have some acne scarring on my cheek and it worked very well at covering them up! I still apply a slight amount of liquid fdtn, then I use this to cover and conceal. What really impressed me was there is NO bismuth oxychloride in the product, like BE has. The BE broke my skin out horribly, but the MK has not. I would definitely recommend it.

on 1/30/2008 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE the mineral powder foundation by Mary Kay!!! I love the price. I also wear the tinted moisturizer under the mineral powder that gives me a flawless finish! I REALLY LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!

on 1/26/2008 4:28:00 PM

Great product. Nice package. Good sifter and brush. Great value. No glitter like other mineral products I've tried. The color beige 1 is great on me. I still prefer liquid foundation, but this does give great coverage with a nore natural look.

on 1/21/2008 10:06:00 PM

I've tried lots of mineral makeup and so far this one is the best. Mostly because of the color match. I think it covers well, not full, but I think it's a great very natural look. I do use concealer with it. It's definitely worth the money and I prefer it to liquid or cream foundations. I recommend giving it a try.

on 1/21/2008 4:50:00 PM

As I am 52 years old and have a lot of reness in my face from broken capillaries, I prefer a "made-up" look. I was very skeptical about using this product because it provides a "natural" look. Well, I was shocked! It covered every little thing that I don't want to show and looked very natural and not made up. I used the lightest Ivory 1 shade. It wore very well, not settling into fine lines. I did have to build the coverage by applying small amounts at a time and made a bit of a mess the first few times because I put too much on the brush, but after the learning curve, it has been great! I have even used it as a finishing powder over liquid foundation...beautiful!

on 1/21/2008 7:54:00 AM

I usually wear Sheer Cover, and I got this from my MK consultant. It works just like any mineral powder foundation. I have lots of redness so I wear the amazing Sheer Cover concealer in light underneath the Ivory 1 powder. Works great, and I like not having to mix powders. SHeer cover did not have a powder light enough without mixing.

on 1/18/2008 2:21:00 PM

I LOVE Mary Kay products and I was very excited when I heard they were coming out with mineral foundation. I've been using BE because of the natural looking foundation, which is awesome. As soon as I could order Mary Kay's mineral foundation, I did. I purchased Ivory 2. I've been using the product for about a week and half and I'm not impressed. I have acne scars, and pimples from time to time, so I use my concealer brush to cover those areas before I apply the full coverage mineral foundation. Mary Kay does not provide the coverage that BE does. By the end of the day, it looks as if my face has no makeup on. Even my mom, who has a flawless face, is having the same problem. We plan to return our Mary Kay mineral foundation and stick to BE. BE is the leading brand in mineral foundation...now I see why!

on 1/12/2008 4:58:00 PM

Updated 2/16/09 - I've stopped using the Mary Kay mineral powder as, as I've discovered Bare Escentuals, which is a tad greasy, and Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder by Physician's Formula, which is my FAVORITE.

My friend is a Mary Kay sales rep, and told me about the Mineral Powder Foundation. At first I was skeptical about this stuff, as I'm so used to liquid foundation. But, I LOVE the mineral powder! It looks so natural (I purchased Ivory 01), it's light weight, and it also saves time when putting my face on, as it eliminates the step of applying liquid foundation AND powder; you only need the mineral powder.

I also thought it wouldn't give complete coverage, but it sure does!

I've read other reviews about NEEDING to have the brush that comes with the powder, and I have to agree. It's a flat headed brush vs. the standard rounder head that you would apply blush with. But, once you've purchased the Mary Kay set ($28), you keep the brush, and then only need the powder ($18).

I've not tried the other brands of mineral powder, and probably won't, as I'm thrilled with Mary Kay.

on 1/10/2008 4:50:00 PM

Overall, I like this foundation. I am switching to this product from the Timewise dual coverage powder foundation that is being discontinued (I wear the most pale color in both). The coverage is a little lighter than the Timewise dual coverage, but with a little concealer underneath to cover up under eye circles and major pink spots, it works nicely. The texture and finish look good once it's on - nice matte finish that is even and not sparkly like some other mineral products I've tried.