Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

3.7

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Dimethicone , Boron Nitride , Zeolite , Methylparaben , Sorbic Acid , Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer , Propylparaben , Tetrasodium EDTA , Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate , BHT , Iron Oxides , Mica

When mineral makeup first came out, I checked out the product reviews and felt I was not a good candidate (in my 50s, large pores, some acne scarring); I also thought it was just another gimmick. When my MK rep tried it on me, I could not believe how good the product is. I use the MK tinted moisturizer first for the SPF and first layer of coverage, and then add the mineral makeup with the brush on the spotty areas. I rarely need a touchup until many hours later. I get coverage without that masky look. I wear Ivory 02 in both products.

I am very pleased with this product. It did take a couple of times of applying to get the hang of it, but it goes on well and stays on all day. I use Ivory 2.

It works very well at covering red spots and does not settle into fine lines.

I have combo/acne prone skin and have tried BE and LM mineral foundations. BE looked like a mask and made my pores look huge, LM was nice, but I am not crazy about the 3 step process of primer, foundation, then setting powder (plus 3 brushes). I decided to give the MK one a try since it is at a good price point ($14 powder, $28 w/brush). I use Beige 1 (Chanel Sand, TE 4.5 for ref) and apply it over my moisturizer. I am amazed at the coverage and I just buff more on the areas that I am having break out issues. This foundation does not magnify my pores or settle into fine lines. It wears all day with no touch ups. I might blot my face with a oil blotter about 5 p.m., but other than that, no touch ups needed. I will re-purchase this. IMO the colors run a bit dark, so be sure to try first. UPDATE after 6 weeks: I am still using this foundation daily and purchased Beige 2 to use as a bronzer. I have been using this instead of my Chanel Mat Lumiere for now.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my first try with any mineral foundation, I am very pale & freckled and I typically like full coverage. My skin is on the dry side, so I worried that a powder would settle into fine lines. I really like this. I dabbed some on my pinky to cover a sun spot & blended it in with the brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

My aunt's friend sales Mary Kay and for some reason she always tries to get me on the bandwagon....no thanks. But she called me one night and asked me to 'model' the mineral fdtn. I was in a good mood, so I agreed to sit through their little Mary Kay hay day thing. (have you guys ever really BEEN to one? Then you know what I'm talking about) Anyway, my color is the lightest ivory 1 I believe. The coverage was good, so much more than I expected! I have some acne scarring on my cheek and it worked very well at covering them up! I still apply a slight amount of liquid fdtn, then I use this to cover and conceal. What really impressed me was there is NO bismuth oxychloride in the product, like BE has. The BE broke my skin out horribly, but the MK has not. I would definitely recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE the mineral powder foundation by Mary Kay!!! I love the price. I also wear the tinted moisturizer under the mineral powder that gives me a flawless finish! I REALLY LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!

Great product. Nice package. Good sifter and brush. Great value. No glitter like other mineral products I've tried. The color beige 1 is great on me. I still prefer liquid foundation, but this does give great coverage with a nore natural look.

I've tried lots of mineral makeup and so far this one is the best. Mostly because of the color match. I think it covers well, not full, but I think it's a great very natural look. I do use concealer with it. It's definitely worth the money and I prefer it to liquid or cream foundations. I recommend giving it a try.

As I am 52 years old and have a lot of reness in my face from broken capillaries, I prefer a "made-up" look. I was very skeptical about using this product because it provides a "natural" look. Well, I was shocked! It covered every little thing that I don't want to show and looked very natural and not made up. I used the lightest Ivory 1 shade. It wore very well, not settling into fine lines. I did have to build the coverage by applying small amounts at a time and made a bit of a mess the first few times because I put too much on the brush, but after the learning curve, it has been great! I have even used it as a finishing powder over liquid foundation...beautiful!

I usually wear Sheer Cover, and I got this from my MK consultant. It works just like any mineral powder foundation. I have lots of redness so I wear the amazing Sheer Cover concealer in light underneath the Ivory 1 powder. Works great, and I like not having to mix powders. SHeer cover did not have a powder light enough without mixing.