September 17, 2014 | 1295 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Infallible Lip Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Not a great product - doesn't have the staying power and it invariably ends up on my teeth (I don't have that problem w/ other glosses.) Also, too sticky for my tastes. I much prefer Revlon's Colorstay Mineral Lipglaze.

02/06/09 UPDATE: Ok - I am reversing my original opinion - I do actually like these - don't know if I got a bad one the 1st time or not, but now, I own like 5 of these colors and as long as I swipe my inner lower lip after application, I have no more problems w/ product on my teeth. Color ends up fading very gradually and evenly over a period of 3 hours so that's a pretty good staying power IMO for a gloss. It is still pricey for a ds brand, but I actually do like them!!

I have/have used the following colors which are all flattering to my light complexion w/ blonde hair, blue eyes: Truffle, Undeniable Mauve, Rebel Red, Raisin and Modern Mauve.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by hipmamma

I had the same experience: little flakes of skin, super-stickiness and not long lasting at all! Definitely not worth it. I much prefer Revlon's colorstay Lipglaze.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I owned this for all of about 45 minutes the other day. I bought it (I can't even remember what colour but it was kind of a coral-rose), immediately put it on (onto clean lips) and walked the mall for a while. It was on the sticky side to begin with and I soon began to feel little sticky bits of something whenever I opened my mouth so I looked in a mirror and saw that the lip gloss had gathered and formed into little gooey globs on the inside edges of my lips. It looked like I had rose-coloured thrush! Horrible! I scurried back to the store and returned it. Quite disgusting! The colour wasn't very nice either. There wasn't any testers and the colour of the tube wasn't very true to the colour of the product on my lips. It made my lip colour overly peachy and kind of blah. It wasn't very cheap either... about $11, I think.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by LILYFISH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in the color raisin. It is a sheer YLBB shade for me (medium skin, pigmented lips, dark hair). While it does not last me 6 hours, it lasts far better than any gloss I have ever owned (including high end brands). It has a slight berry flavor, which I did not mind. After several hours it starts to wear off and is not as glossy, but some color remains. It does wear off evenly and does not look weird. The applicator looks strange, but I found it effective to use. It has not dried out my lips, but I don't have much of a problem with that. I will probably buy more shades.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by meperkey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the color, I bought "Sangria" its the perfect berry color that I wanted. The only problem is that this dries out my lips so badly that little pieces of skin actually fall off throughout the day....sexy, huh?
It doesn't matter if I put on 2 or even 3 coats, then it just gets sticky and feels even worse on my lips. If I put on a light coating off lip gloss before applying it then it just kind of slides off.
Won't buy again. I carry it in my m/u bag so I can compare the color to other glosses if I'm shopping

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by lisalibrary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sticky on the lips. The colors are pretty but the smell also bothers me.
I do like the way it looks on, but I have to apply one coat let it set, then a second coat usually gives the coverage I like. The price is too high for the quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by smh28

I bought this product in Sangria. I don't normally wear lip gloss because I hate having to constantly reapply it. When I saw the ad for this I thought I would give it a try.
I was actually quite impressed with it. It is very, very sheer so if you want color you may want to use a lip liner and put this over top. I put it on in the middle of the afternoon and even after eating bbq'd ribs for dinner it was still on that evening and I finally had to remove it with cold cream!
It is quite sticky on but so is regular lip gloss so that really doesn't bother me. I did not find it pilled up at all but I am always conscious of my lipstick or lip gloss when I am eating or drinking so I am very careful with it and didn't give it the opportunity to clump up on me. It did stay fairly glossy as well. It maybe went slightly matte after two or three hours but never truly lost its shine.
Overall, I would recommend this lip gloss. Its not the be all end all of lip glosses but it does generally stay put for hours at a time if you don't abuse it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by a_ro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The gloss looked beautiful in the tube, but can out extremely sheer on my caramel skin tone, almost clear, which is why i wouldnt buy again. I wasnt really feeling the the applicator either - it did not enhance the product at all. Of course I wasnt expecting it to last 6 hours, but it barely lasted six minutes! I will still wear, just so I wont waste the money, but I would not repurchase because the color did not show up on me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an o.k. gloss in my book. I bought the Nude and Coral Sands when they were BOGOF at Walgreens a few weeks ago. Yes, it's sticky. It doesn't last anywhere close to 6 hours but it is long lasting for a gloss. I hate the weird applicator (what's up with that anyway??) The colors I bought are both very nice and I'm happy with my choices. All-in-all it's a decent drugstore gloss. I would buy again but only BOGOF. I definitely wouldn't pay full price for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2008 12:16:00 PM More reviews by pinkprincess75

I haven't really been wearing anything on my lips but lip balm in the last few years (except for special occasions) because it was such a hassel to keep reapplying. I love lipglosses but they're either too sticky or they don't last longer than an hour so I stopped bothering until I found Infallible. Best lipgloss EVER! Once it sets, it's probably the least sticky lipgloss I've ever used (I've used MAC Lipglass, Lancome Juicy Tubes, Shiseido Lipgloss). It doesn't last 6 hours, but it lasts longer than any lipgloss I've ever used. I would say lasting power is an average of 3 hours for me.