October 21, 2014 | 878 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by perfumequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this as part of a package - using it as a substitute for the jojoba oil I usually mix with moisturizer during the winter. This is much runnier, doesn't seem as smooth, and I saw no difference in my skin to justify the high price for this small bottle. Going back to the jojoba oil as it's a better value.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Tashi09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have bought the small size of this several times. It lasts awhile and I don't resent spending the money. I enjoy using it more than gunky health food store bottles that are less expensive but have stronger fragrances. (I could be deluded about the difference.) I'm amazed by the way this moisturizes without any pore clogging issues. I love it, although I'm not as happy with some of the scented products in the line. Rose Geranium just isn't a personal favorite of mine -- and how did she manage to come up with a mineral sunscreen that smells like chemical sunscreen?

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice oil, although I think it would be just as nice from any other brand, brands that are much cheaper but selling the same item.
I like to use this in the summer on my hair after I take a shower, as a styling product. It is a lot like Kerastase Elixir Ultime in that it calms down frizz, makes hair really soft and gives hair some body.
I have also used this on my face and I am of mixed results. It is really moisturizing but I stopped using it a while back because I thought it was giving me a little bit of acne. I've started to use it again on my face to see if it really causes my acne or if it's something else.

Overall this is a really nice product, but something that you could get for much cheaper.

EDIT: this done not cause acne at all. This is great, and I will never go without it again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a small size of this at Sephora for $14. I used it faithfully on my face, in my hair, a little bit on my arms and legs but after two months I have to admit that I don't find this oil a bit moisturizing. My hair is fine and very curly, this did not do anything to make it softer, did not stop frizz, etc. Argan oil is nice in that it doesn't sit on top of your skin, it is absorbed quicker than a lot of other oils. But in the end I don't think it accomplishes anything it says it is going to. I also find Josie Maran's prices to be so expensive as to be ridiculous. If you like argan oil and find it works for you, it can be purchased (organic, unscented) from vendors on Amazon for a fraction of the cost of this brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Australianforbeerk2k3

I got a deluxe sample of this from sephora a few months ago, and I'm only half way through. I use it every night before I go to bed and it is amazing. My skin is so moisturized and much smoother. I have acne prone sensitive skin, and this didn't break me out at all. It actually seems to have helped my acne. My skin is much more even, and I notice fine lines are diminished under my eyes. I have also used this on the ends of my hair, as well as on cuts...I find it reduces redness and promotes healing very well. I highly recommend this product, and when my sample runs out I will definitely be buying more! I love it and have noticed a huge change!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by 88angels

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i bought this for the treatment qualities as opposed to any moisturizing qualities. It can actually be drying which is surprising. Have you ever noticed when a wound is healing it can get slightly dry and itchy? This is what I found at first with this oil. since it definitely did not feel like an allergic reaction (not inflammed or red, just a bit itchy/dry). so I thought it very possible that the oil was treating/healing my "wounded" skin and decided to keep using it. I didn't care for the itches but wanted to continue with the treatment, so I added a few drops to EMU oil and WOW!!! that combo is miraculous. my skin looks and feel 10 years younger!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by flamingoyo

I have normal to dry skin and I've been looking for an alternative way to moisturize without using any creams. I bought this because I've heard such great things about argan oil. This oil works beautifully! I apply it in the evening before bed and wake up to gorgeous skin, so much so that I forgo my BB cream and just apply a bit of blush. It keeps my skin amazingly moisturized without making it look oily and I love that it's way more natural than most moisturizing creams. The bottle is great too. I bought the smaller version at Sephora, as 50 bucks seemed a little much for a bigger bottle but I'm sure it will still last me a while, as 3 drops suffice. I've used this in the morning as well, as Canadian winters can be pretty harsh and it works just as well, only I'd recommend applying it a good 10-15 minutes before makeup application (unless you use a scant drop), so that it has time to fully penetrate.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by karen222vt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just switched by skin care to the Josie Maran 4 piece set. You was with a cleansing oil followed by argan oil then with the tinted moisturizer and the color stick which you use as a lipstick and blush. I purched this on QVC and got a great deal. I just love the way my skin looks and feels.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, acne / oily skin.

I know this is insane, and I can't find a good reason why...but I am applying the JM oil this past week (no other moisturizer) and getting dry, scaley patches on my cheeks and T-zone. An oil that is drying me out? Huh.

I'm reading to mix w/ moisturizer, which may be the next step. But in general, I was trying to avoid moisturizers to see if that was clogging my pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Funbeans

SERIOUSLY!?!?! Who wants to pay FIFTY DOLLARS for a 1.8 oz bottle of argan oil??? Sure, it moisturizes hair well, but it is NOT worth the price. It's just argan oil, I think I'll stick to the cheaper drugstore brands.