Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.8

100% pure organic Argan Oil

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I really had high hopes for this product because my skin is so sensitive. I can't use things with silicone or glycerin and this is all natural. BOY WAS I WRONG! This thing broke me out like crazy!!! Since I don't want to return it, I use it on my hair, but I would not recommend anyone to buy it.

on 3/2/2013 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was first introduced to Josie Maran via a sample in an ipsy bag I received. I immediately fell in love. Just a few drops, morning and night, and my face felt smoother than it had in YEARS! I was convinced I had found the fountain of youth. Three weeks into this love affair, however, things went awry. Suddenly, the skin on my nose began to peel and I developed a red scaly "rash" on both cheeks. I, for the first time, called a dermatologist. After a lengthy intake, I was diagnosed with rosacea, most probably brought to light due to the argan oil! I was, to be honest, only half listening to the explanation (have I mentioned that's this dermatologist was HOT?), but there was some mention of natural oil production being effected by the argan. I am now using metronizadole and Aczone to clear up the mess, and have been forced to retire my Josie Maran in favor of CeraVe. Sad to say goodbye, but I would be curious as to whether or not anyone else has had this reaction!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I had recently discoverd Burt's Bees repair Serum with Attar of Rose. A friend gave it to me, because it broke her out. Initially, I used it for undereyes only, since I tend to have moderate dark circles on my very fair skin. I found it to be very softening, and the smell was very calming, with lavendar and rose at the base.

Since my skin is usually dry during the harsh winters, I tried some out on my skin. I found it to have the same softening affects, but it did aggravate my hormonal acne a bit. Fast forward to Josie Maran Argan oil, which I received in one of my Glam Bags.

The good: A little goes a long way. I use 4 drops on one palm, rub palms together and then pat and smooth them over my damp face, after nightly cleansing. I do not use anything else with it, besides a few dabs of witch hazel on my acne areas. Literally after the first use of this, I noticed my complexion was smooth and hydrated. I suffer from redness, and it has even slightly reduced my redness. After 5 uses of this, my skin is poreless, smooth, and flake-free! I did get one pimple after using it, but instead of panicking and stopping, I decided to use it normally 1-2 more times a s an expirement. I know, seems like a crazy thing to do! But my acne is reducing as it normally would when I applied lotion each night, so I'm hesitatnt to name Argan oil as the culprit.

The bad: Literally none. Despite being expensive, the price is not an issue for me. This little bottle will last me a very long time!

on 2/8/2013 11:20:00 PM

Got this in one of my glam bags. I have dry, flaky, sensitive skin and this has made my skin so soft and its not greasy at all. My skins texture is much smoother now and not flaky. A great moisturizer for the cold winter months!
Only downside is the outrageous price of the big bottle. I just keep buying the little one for $14 at Sephora. It lasts me long enough.

on 2/7/2013 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this due to a rave review on YT and I was really impressed with the appearance of my skin in just one application, I woke up with glowing skin. My love for this product abruptly ended after 4 days, this gave me about 3 nasty white heads. So disappointing for a product that really improved my skintone. Just a tip that has taken me years to realize, if your skin has broken out from oil in the past, just stay away and go for an oil free moisturizer. My skin is oily enough on its own, I should have known to stay away from this stuff after severe breakouts from sunflower oil, grapeseed, olive, and coconut.

If you are not acne prone with will probably be amazing for you!

on 2/7/2013 1:21:00 PM

This thing broke me out!

on 2/7/2013 1:14:00 PM

The first ten days I used this my skin looked gorgeous. Unfortunately, on day 11, I started getting huge cycstic acne all over my face. The change from completely clear healthy skin to road kill was shocking. It sounds like others have had this experience, as well. I would definitely recommend a patch test of at least two weeks for folks with acne-prone skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This product is AMAZING for clearing up acne scars/hyperpigmentation. I've only used this three times and I can see a major difference in the appearance of my acne scars. They are SO much less visible and I don't feel like I need any type of coverage on a day to day basis. As a moisturizer, I'm not in love with it because I put it on at night and it never sinks into my skin, so as I'm sleeping, it comes off, which makes my skin extremely dry, which makes it peel. It works great for other areas of my face, just not the dry parts. Hopefully as time goes on it will work better as a moisturizer.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I received a trial size in my ipsy bag. Like all oils, a little goes a long way. I use this as an evening serum under my moisturizer and on my cuticles. Argan oil works better than any serum I've tried. Comes in a dark glass bottle with an dropper applicator. It is a thicker light colored liquid, but it isn't overly heavy.
I probably wouldn't use this during the day, only because oils, silicone products and water based products doesn't mix well and will affect the longevity of makeup. Not sure if I will repurchase, because it is pricey. I will look up other brands first.

on 2/3/2013 10:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is just severely over priced organic argan oil that can be bought elsewhere for 1/3 the price. Received this in my ipsy bag. I am already an argan oil user, which I purchase online for $9-10 USD for a few ounces.

All you are doing is paying for the brand name for the exact same product.

Popular Moisturizers