April 17, 2014 | 1925 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Happythenjaded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this HEAD TO TOE...Literally..... love love love!!

Use it as my AM/PM moisturizer! for my hair/body/nails/lips... love!!!!

I suffered from terrible acne since i was a teen and this stuff has literally turned my skin around... I promise you guys please try it if you are not sure. I was scared to do it and I am so glad I took the chance. I only use Josie Maran products on my skin now.

i cleanse with her argan oil cleasner, few times a week i add some of her argan oil exfoliator with some of the cleanser... then i follow up with the argan oil. I do add a drop of lavender oil in the argan oil to help kick any blemishes i might feel coming up.

is my skin 100% amazing? no...but who's is? If i had to rate my skin before using JMC products a year ago I'd give it a 4/10... now? 8/10. So...just my personal experience :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by kpodaru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

after weeks of using this on my dry, patchy skin, i had ZERO success. for $63 a bottle, i would have thought that i'd see some improvement but i didn't.

this leads me to believe that her products aren't truly "organic" because the other day, i started using a real certified organic bottle of argan oil i got from the health food store and only after TWO days of using it, my skin did a complete 180 (went from super dry with dry patches to soft skin and all the dry patches went away). that bottle of certified organic oil only cost me $14 as compared to $63 i shelled out for josie maran.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by blauriche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love everything about this product except the price. It is the only thing to have ever helped my under-eye dryness. I got it for free from Sephora, but I'd never pay that much more argan oil. You can get pure argan oil for much cheaper elsewhere. Like I said, I love everything about this product except for the price, which is more or less insulting, in my eyes. I've seen her on a QVC video or something talking about how rare this is and why it's so expensive but it struck me as a load of nonsense. When I'm done with this bottle I'll order some from Amazon or get a bottle from one of the Moroccan grocery stores here in Chicago. I'm also anxious to try marula oil before that gets trendy and the price skyrockets all over the place.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

I love argan oil.This 100% Pure Argan Oil is a legendary oil that's rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, and grown organically in Morocco. With its multitasking benefits, Argan Oil can be used for many areas including hydrating and nourishing skin, as a daily moisturizer, skin treatment, treating spilt ends, and softening cuticles. It's gentle enough to use on all skin types and is believed to help with skin conditions including acne. I didn't notice if it doesn anything for acne cause i don't have acne to begin with. However, I do love how my skin looks and feels after 2 weeks of use. It absorbs so easily without leaving a greasy residue. my makeup looks so much better, my skin tone is firmer, no more dry patches, or flaky skin. IT's just like my own natural skin oil. I don't know if this will cause oily skin gal to break out. Use with caution if you have very thick oily skin. Watch out for topical vitamin E if you are acne prone. It will cause you to break out. This product is very high in vitamin e. I wouldn't buy it again simply because there are many more pure unprocessed unrefined argan oils on the market for only 1/4 of the price. I usually go for the organic cold pressed unscented argan oils.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by seharden135

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Josie Maran's argan oil. It doesn't have any weird fragrances, which is great because I am very sensitive to smells. I use it all over my face (including my lips) in the morning and at night, and it moisturizes my face and makes it glow too. Some people have a problem with it being too oily, which I haven't really noticed, unless you use too much. It's not greasy, just thicker than a liquid, but it absorbs really well, so it doesn't leave a greasy residue on your face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

I've been using this product for over 5 months now, started before Christmas. I didn't even get a sample first so it was a big gamble. But since I knew Sephora would take it back if I didn't like it after a week I was willing to purchase right then and there. I was worried that it would cause me to break out because some reviews said they had spots/break outs.

I cannot confirm or deny this occurrence since I'm already slightly acne prone but never anything serious. I love oils for my combination skin, they are very luxurious in my opinion. I used Darphin oil every night a while back but it is far more pricey than this bottle & you don't get much from Darphin. I used to use L'oreal but it wasn't enough, so I tried LUSH creams (amazing as well) but sometimes I didn't feel it penetrating the skin or some of the LUSH creams are too thick, ie Skindrink.
Argan oil really does wonders for my skin it feels soft, supple, so gorgeous, and gives off a wonderful glow. I feel hydrated even in the morning. At night we lose most of our moisture so I recommend moisturizing no matter what. I love how light the oil is too, I have to say the bottle with the dropper is cute and looks pretty on my makeup table but I drip and drop more onto the back of my hand than I intend to use so I've only got a quarter of the big bottle left. I will purchase this again after the summer I think. I want to finish the bottle which shouldn't take too long and see if another oil (which is cheaper) can do the same job. If i can't find a substitute I will purchase again. But I love the smell, its very subtle and earthy. If you apply before bed, give it 15mins to absorb into your skin or else it will be wasted product & go into your sheets.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by llarson37

I have been using Josie Maran's organic argan oil for about 6 months now. I previously struggled with cystic acne coupled with alternating dry and oily skin. It was quite a challenge, especially after entering my 40's, and starting to show wrinkles. I was really at a loss on how to stop this slippery slope I was on! Then one day I got a free sample of this product and I tried it, just to see if any of the hype was real. I use it in conjunction with an Ole Henriksen oil free moisturizer morning and night. The first month, I really still broke out, but I noticed right away, I had refreshed looking skin without dry patches. After the first month passed, the argan oil started to regulate my own oil production, and the breakouts stopped cold. Then the real miracles began- by last month (the 5th month) all the acne scarring started to disappear, and the fine wrinkles were all but gone. People have told me my skin is glowing from within! Now if I get a small breakout, I actually use the argan oil to help alleviate the breakout! It is anti inflammatory, and works amazingly well. Highly recommend this product!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by irene0502

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love how argan oil change feels, my skin just drink it up, I use it as a night moisturizer. It doesn't clog my pores and not irritating in anyway. I also put a drop or two in my day lotion if my skin feels a little dry.
But I have switched to the Shea Terra one instead.
I have to say, JM one has absolutely no smell; however, the ST one has a very faint nutty smell when I first open it.
But hey, it cost half of the price...And I don't feel any different on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by violet27

I mix in a few drops of Argan oil with my First Aid Beauty Daily Moisturizer and it really makes my skin glow. I've gotten so many compliments about my complexion since I started using this combo.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by margaretsimpson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not worth the money. I use a less expensive but in my eyes a better quality argan oil by mama nature which seems lighter. I use it for the psoriasis on my arms and legs and also as a facial oil to stop ageing. It is amazing. Some people may prefer this oil but it's not for me.