August 28, 2014 | 1705 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2009 2:29:00 AM More reviews by EmmaJohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this mascara for about five months now, and so far I have no complaints whatsoever! I use the shade "Glam Black", which adds a lot of drama to my eyes. It's a great volumizer, and it provides amazing length too! I hardly ever get any clumps, but when I do, they're easily removed with an eyelash comb. I don't particularly like the smell, but it's bearable. I like the brightly colored packaging as well. And for its low price, I think this mascara is absolutely fantastic. I'll be repurchasing again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Team6Jacobson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am very surprised at all of the negative reviews for this product- I loved it! Other then the wierd smell, which I don't find unpleasant or gross- just uneeded. This mascara comes with a really lovely brush that build dramatically thicker lashes with just one swipe and I find it really, really buildable- within about 5 swipes my lashes look INCREDIBLE! The packaging is pretty stat, other then the ugly yellow tube. This is my HG, go to mascara because it is dark, dramatic, and buildible to incredible volume.

HG for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by xenamarie

This mascara does build long, thick lashes quickly, but I'll never repurchase it because I can't get past the scent. I expected it to evaporate when it dried, but it lingered all day long, a terrible chemical scent! I'm going back to Volum' Express.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by summ83

I love this mascara!

To be honest i think all of the people complaining about it simply arent applying it correctly.

It gives alot of volume and great length, though i do at times find the large brush a little clumsy, (I'm used to the newer rubber brushes now) it's well worth the extra few seconds it takes to perfect the application.

Never flakes, smudges and stays put all day. Simply lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by tina1wina13

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara! It has gotten a bad rep and I don't understand why? I think some people just really don't know how to apply mascara well, you are not supposed to apply so much, if that is the matter almost all mascaras will begin to clump

Anyway, it makes my lashes HUGE. I love the brush, large brush, good formula that doesn't make my eyes water like some mascaras ( cough * mark. make it big mascara cough*)

Anyway, it is really nice.

Some people said it had a scent to it? I SERIOUSLY never noticed after going through a couple of bottles of theese then I purchased one to smell it and it does sort of have a beer/rose sent which is kinda wierd but I mean I never even noticed, who smells mascara anyway? lol.

Anyway I LOVE this product bunches!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by jenni1129

Let me start by saying it was an okay mascara. I love big, dramatic, fat lashes so I usually get voluminous and thickening mascaras. This mascara gave me long, thick lashes. With a little bit of clumping. But I believe that thickening mascaras should do that a bit. I kinda like the clumpy look, so that wasn't an issue. It does smudge when you apply it. When I apply it I always get smudges on my eyelid and brow bone. But with a tissue it wipes off. Overall, pretty good mascara. But not the best.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by annehelge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

No, no, no, no, no.

This is everything I do NOT want from a mascara:
- it makes your lashes look like big lumpy sticks of licorice
- it makes them stick together so you actually seem to have FEWER lashes than before
- it smells horrible, and the smell seems to linger (someone mentioned rose smell - I beg to differ, it is a nasty chemical stink)
- your lashes will feel crispy / crunchy
- it feels like it weighs on your lashes

On the plus side, it is really black.

And, even though I cannot imagine someone actually WANTS big lumpy licorice-stick lashes, my eyes prove me wrong every day.

So, for the ladies who want volume at any price, this is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Rebaybay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pro.> I really like this mascara ,
It gives you the fuller, longer , thicker lashes as promise ! (:
I immediately noticed that once it was put on ,
But some other things I noticed is that ,
Con.> It clumps sometimes when i don't put it on fast enough ,
which is okay because I'm a first-time user so its not surprising i put on mascara on a little slower then you guys do.
Also, there is that "Weird Rose Scent" :X
>But Overall, I would buy this again (:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by socialdoc

If you like a mascara to give you fuller, thicker lashes, then this is it! I like my mascara to make my lashes really stand out, not just hi-light them with color, I want a WOW factor! This one delivers!

It can get a tad glumpy, but overall, it gives me the thickness I like a lot!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by tris99

I don't like this. I've used it for a while now thinking that somehow maybe I'll like it better. It's clumpy and it smells awful. Don't get this.