April 19, 2014 | 1786 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2009 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Kelybe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I always keep coming back to Maybelline mascaras after I stray looking for my HG. Currently, this is one of my favorites. I was using CG LashBlast, and loved the look of it, but found it flaked a great deal and irritated my eyes. Colossal seems to offer the same dramatic eyes, but without as much flaking. I have thick lashes but they are so blonde they cannot be seen without mascara. I use many coats of whatever mascara I use, but I get the most bang for my buck with this. Allow time for the coats to dry before reapplying or you get clumps. I've friends who ask me what my mascara is and tell me they love the effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by RedLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! It adds so much volume and length to my lashes. I'm a redhead and my eyelashes are almost invisible with no mascara, and this one works wonders for me. I've tried so many designer mascaras before like Dior, YSL, etc. and none compare to this one.
It does run out a little quicker than any I have used before, but that's because it's so good I love piling it on! But when you consider the price, that doesn't really matter anyway.

10/10 :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by kimster9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this mascara after I bought the lash stiletto, which I love. I had put on the lash stiletto on one eye and the colossal on the other. They both look pretty much the same and had the same disgusting scent but it disappears once dried. They both gave length. The lash stiletto defined the lashes more. The colossal clumped but gave a slight volume. But the key word here is slight. I would rather buy the maybelline lash stiletto.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2009 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Kotro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked this product. It definantly makes your lashes very dark which makes them look full and does lengthin not much for curling.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by oceanfoam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok, this review should be worth A LOT, because I have the lamest eyelashes you can have, because they're fine, sparse, and light-coloured.
For a volumizing mascara, Colossa is the bomb. It separates every single one of my lashes, or pretty close to it! And when your lashes aren't plentiful, that counts for a lot. While it does coat the lashes black, it does close to nothing for thickening, and not much for lengthening either. Overall it's a great mascara for volume, so anyone with already thick and long lashes, this is the one for you. As for the rest of us poor suckers that have to put up with flimsy lashes, this one is good as well, but for the WHOLE package, i combine colossal with l'Oreal's Telescopic mascara, it makes for a killer combo :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 9:59:00 AM More reviews by olga_thes

I'm surprised that there are women who are not satisfied with this product! It's undoubtedly a great mascara! My lashes become huge when I use it. Ok, I was born with very long eyelashes but a good mascara can make them look AMAZING! People often do not believe that they are my natural eyelashes. I highly recommend using it with a good eyelash curler (heat the curler up with a blow dryer and curl your lashes for 15 seconds). The result will be great! By the way, I love its tube and I really appreciate that fact that it is very CHEAP!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Kirikireii

At first when I used it, I HATED The rosy scent. It was all I could smell. Second time I used it, same thing except less dramatic of a smell.

But it still smells gross, that's why I would never buy it.
It CLUMPS LIKE CRAZY, LEMME TELL YOU.

I have to brush over this like crazy, and it makes my eyelashes hard & crusty. (It flakes a little bit, but minimal smudging)

I really love how it holds a curl, gives me volume and length though. It just looks a little too artificial for me, (as in obvious you have gunks of black stuff on you eyes)

But I love it, even though it's clumpy and stinky.
Because it defines my eyelashes MUCH better than lash blast. Except it stinks. And it clumps. Ew.

And it's much harder to remove than Lash blast.
Would buy if it wasn't so stinky, but it's totally worth your money if you don't mind the smell and if you have a good eyelash comb / makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by suzanne123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara because I thought the tube looked cool, I just couldn't resist. When I got home to try it on I was very surprised. My lashes looked amazing, in about 3 swipes I have never seen my lashes look so volumized, as for lengthening I didn't have a problem with that either. I use this mascara when I'm going out at night, and want a more dramatic look. Smudging isn't too bad. if I wear this mascara on for about 16 hours then it will start to smudge, but I don't really have a problem with that as it is very easy to clean up. As for holding a curl, I still have no problem with is because I have nartually curly lashes and well. this mascara doesn't wilt them down or anything. This mascara hasn't flaked on me yet. Which is always good. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Steffachino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is very good. It thickens and lengthens lashes always just three (or less!) swipes. The formula is perfect, not watery-wet, and not gloopy-gooey. There is virtually no clumping whatsoever, I assume because of the brush, which is a pro and con. The brush is big and there are many bristles-perfect for top lashes, but with my bottom lashes, I am at a loss. I have to use a business card to cover my under eye when applying to my bottom lashes to keep from any black smudges. Like I said, there is no clumping, but sometimes lashes can get intertwined with each other, but a lash comb can easily fix that problem. It holds curl decently, but it is not as curled as it is before, and my lashes wilt slowly throughout the day. This is a perfect mascara for a night out, since it is very dramatic. Another warning about this mascara--the filter for the mascara wand can easily fall off, creating a huge glob of mascara on your wand. This is not reccomened for anyone who needs to apply mascara quickly, or at the least, have a spare mascara to use.

Overall, this mascara is very impressive.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by gsv

I love this mascara! I only have do a couple swipes and it looks amazing! The smell is tolerable for me. I like that it's a true black. The formula isn't runny/watery. Doesn't flake or smudge by the end of the day. The only thing that erks me is whenever I curl my lashes, it's able to hold the curl, but not as much as when I first curled it in the morning. Decent length, doesn't clump. Overall, I'd recommend and re-purchase :)