July 30, 2014 | 1117 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by girlydancer462

this mascara was just ok. it lengthened more than volumized, which i really don't need since i have natually long, but thin lashes. it also un-curled my lashes more than my other mascaras. by the end of the day, it flakes a little, leaving little specks of black on your cheeks and under you're eyes. nothing was horribly awfull, but these little faults make it not so good. i got if 50% off, so i'm not too upset, and i will finish up the tube, but won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by jekkah

This is a truly great mascara. Lots of volume and length with no clumps, no flaking. If you really want a lot of volume, it takes a bit of time to build it up, but it doesn't clump even as you add on layers. The only thing that would keep me from repurchasing is the cheesy packaging (yellow and purple? seriously?). I've found that L'Oreal's new extra volume collagen mascara performs similarly, in a simple black tube. Maybe I'm just being silly, but packaging appearance does make a difference to me : )

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by tinathecookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is fabulous! It not only builds volume, but I find it lengthens and softens my lashes. It has a very thick consistency, which is lacking in some of the pricier mascaras. The brush is huge and great to apply with, the right length as well. For such a cheap mascara, it's fantastic. I have read on here that some people have experienced difficulties with drying out of the mascara, but i have had mine for about a month now and am just about through with it and it has not dried out. Probably better for frequent mascara users.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Centro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Man I really like Maybelline's mascara package designs! I guess that is one of the main reasons why I bought this product in the first place. It looks wayyy cuter than Cover Girl's Lash Blast.

At first I thought this mascara was my favourite. It did everything- seperated my lashes, zero flaking issues, and most importantly, it gave me AMAZING yet buildable volume. The sad thing is eventually I hated it. I noticed that I got "spider legs" when I used the Colossal Volum' Express after about 2 months. It smudged very easily and FLAKED A LOT!

So my point is, this mascara needs to be used up quickly or else it will suck. I do not think I would buy this product again. But if you have not tried it before, give it a shot! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by maya8486

The mascara was doing my lashes really long and it gave some volume to it but for sure it will never be as advertised on tv (they all wear false lashes...) but I liked the waterproof it stayed really long. Its really not expensive so for how much it cost its a great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by pinay09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara was okay. I think that it wasn't really all that when it came to volume, although it did volumize -- just not as much as it advertised. This mascara doesn't lenghthen in any way, and for some reason, it's hard to put tint the tips of my lashes with the brush, which i guess is the reason why it doesn't lengthen for me. =[

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by nickitraylor

This is a really good d/s mascara. I like what it does for my eyelashes, and it doesnt' clump. It's my everyday mascara (at least for now! LOL). It adds good volume and length. It's not a perfect mascara- haven't found that one yet- but it's pretty darn good!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Ayuli

After trying a bunch of mascaras, the colossal can definitely compare! Just 1 coat made my lashes so much longer. It comes out with more of a natural look.

Sometimes my eyes will water from mascara, but I didn't have that problem with this one. This mascara can beat out some pricier ones - I had no primer on and it did not flake or smudge at all! I highly recommend this mascara if you want a break from super dramatic/clumpy/smudgy ones that need primer mascaras.

Did it make my lashes softer? No. But it didn't kill my lashes and make them weak and easy to fall out after regular use unlike a lot of other mascaras I've used, so I'm pretty happy with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by mazi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great mascara. Does not irritate my eyes, does not clump and actually lengthens/thickens. Easy to remove. Perfect sized wand for reaching lashes, the mascara is soft, not hard and sticky like many I have tried. Gives a very natural look.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by ThickerSister

So again I was talked into buying another maybeelline mascara due to all the reviews that I been reading and I liked the package. Def. did not do what it was suppose to did not do anything for me but makes them stick and clump together.