Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 10/13/2009 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I haven't been pleased with a mascara now for at least a year. This is a great inky black mascara that doesn't smudge as much as others and goes on quite wet. Good deal, especially BOGO at Rite Aid or wherever. I think the color I got is called Glam Black. Definitely the darkest mascara I've seen in awhile. Holds the curl quite well also.

on 10/12/2009 8:55:00 PM

I probably wont buy this again because the formula is too thin and wet for my taste. I dont feel it is as good as the regular volum' express. I got it in color black and it was a very dark pigmented black. One good thing though was the brush is pretty spindly and separates your lashes well. Also, it does have a very strong floral scent.

on 10/12/2009 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love this mascara. It gives me lots of volume and separates my lashes so they don't look clumped up. I don't use it much because its waterproof and a hassle to take off. Its really nice though

on 10/12/2009 8:33:00 PM

My HG mascara. It does everything I need it lengthens, add volume, hold a curl and I just love it! I can't believe ppl are complaining about the scent. I always thought mascara went on your eyelashes, not on your nose! I thought I liked lash blast, but this one is the winner. I never did care for lash blast's brush. I'm so happy I found this and that it only cost $5 at walmart. Yay :)

on 10/11/2009 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't particularly like this product. It does a good job of lengthening and volumizing my lashes, but it's nothing special. It was somewhat clumpy, but not awful. The brush is too big for my taste, it was hard to reach all of my lashes. It has a very odd scent, it smells like chemicals. But the worst part of this mascara is the flaking. Almost my entire under eye area was black by the end of the day- not a good look. I loved the flashy packaging. Over all, I would not purchase this product again.

on 10/8/2009 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is the first mascara I've ever bought more than once. I'm actually on my third tube!
On me, it gives a result very similar to DiorShow - but for a fraction of the price. Lots of volume and some length too.
I read some of the reviews and I see that a lot of people experienced flaking, but luckily I didn't.
The brush is pretty big but I don't mind that.
I used to hate the bright yellow packaging, but I guess it has grown on me, so I think it's OK now ;)

on 10/8/2009 5:37:00 PM

I'm a mascara junkie. I like my lashes to be thick, long, and dramatic, this delivers quite well. It coats evenly and does not clump up. It keeps a curl as well. I am pleased with this product for it's formula and price.

on 10/7/2009 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have one lash philosophy that drives my life and my mascara purchases, and that is this:

Eyelashes should be big.

This isn't to say they should be clump heaven. But they should be spiraling toward the heavens, fluffy and voluminous.

I never have a mascara HG. Maybe for like two seconds I might have a favorite, but I always believe that somewhere beyond the bend is a mascara that works harder, better, faster, stronger.

That said, this mascara's solid. It sets off an eye look very nicely because it's quite black, holds a curl and it lengthens and thickens well. Makes my lashes look fake. I also love, love, love a good enormous brush, and this also fits that bill. So, I'm satisfied... at least until the next really nice mascara comes along.

on 10/7/2009 5:28:00 AM

I have never felt moved to write a makeup review before. But then I have never felt the need to throw away a mascara before its allotted 6 month lifespan. This mascara flakes like nothing I have ever seen before. I have black specks all over my face within an hour. Dreadful. On the plus side, I like the big brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i bought this a few weeks ago, as id ran out of my favourite first thing first the tube itself its large and hard to use imo next THE SMELL roses? it smells cheap and nasty.
I like the wand itself im not really into those plastic spiky wands, it doesnt really do much for me and WARNING it flakes terribly , very embarassing.