Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 10/14/2009 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i forgot to bring mascara one day and had to borrow my sister's.
she still very young so she only uses drugstore mascara.
i dont really like this masacara. the only thing i like about it is it holds curls.
other than that, it makes my lashes look very dry and brittle.
and it smells horrible.
smell like something dangerous i shouldnt put near my eyes.

on 10/14/2009 1:01:00 PM

I have this in Black Glam which is a deep, shiny black. I am very pleased with this product. One word of warning DO NOT let the tube turn upside down in you makeup drawer. I did and all the product came oozing out everywhere. Have you ever tried to put mascara back in that little opening? Except for that I have had very good results. I only need a couple of coats to give nice looking lashes, minimal clumping/ flakes. I found that if I put on all coats at once not allowing for drying in between there is less clumps and flakes. This mascara tends to hold curl better than others I have used. No issue with smearing. Good all around mascara, well worth 6.00 I paid. Love the bright yellow tube, easy to find when mixed with other makeup. I wish all makeup was packaged in bright colorful containers.

on 10/14/2009 11:56:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This mascara is my top pick at the moment. Its super dark, holds a curl very well and makes my lashes look great.

I will say don't let it dry between coats. Try to get your lashes the way you want them to look before it fully drys. It will look clumpy and bad when layered again and again.

on 10/14/2009 9:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Oh yes! Still searching for The One in terms of mascara (will I ever, I wonder?!); but I'd say top spot at the moment is shared by Max Factor Masterpiece Max, and this beauty.
The yellow packaging ensures I can find it quickly through my morning haze of uncoordinated flailing; the brush is nice and chunky, it's not really BLACK super dooper wow eye popping miraculous, but I don't need half as much to make an impact as with some other brands. I quite like the smell too :>)
Definitely a decent black mascara that gives my eyes volume and definition, and to be fair, I think the only way I'll get something more dramatic is by wearing falsies.

on 10/13/2009 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I haven't been pleased with a mascara now for at least a year. This is a great inky black mascara that doesn't smudge as much as others and goes on quite wet. Good deal, especially BOGO at Rite Aid or wherever. I think the color I got is called Glam Black. Definitely the darkest mascara I've seen in awhile. Holds the curl quite well also.

on 10/12/2009 8:55:00 PM

I probably wont buy this again because the formula is too thin and wet for my taste. I dont feel it is as good as the regular volum' express. I got it in color black and it was a very dark pigmented black. One good thing though was the brush is pretty spindly and separates your lashes well. Also, it does have a very strong floral scent.

on 10/12/2009 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love this mascara. It gives me lots of volume and separates my lashes so they don't look clumped up. I don't use it much because its waterproof and a hassle to take off. Its really nice though

on 10/12/2009 8:33:00 PM

My HG mascara. It does everything I need it lengthens, add volume, hold a curl and I just love it! I can't believe ppl are complaining about the scent. I always thought mascara went on your eyelashes, not on your nose! I thought I liked lash blast, but this one is the winner. I never did care for lash blast's brush. I'm so happy I found this and that it only cost $5 at walmart. Yay :)

on 10/11/2009 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't particularly like this product. It does a good job of lengthening and volumizing my lashes, but it's nothing special. It was somewhat clumpy, but not awful. The brush is too big for my taste, it was hard to reach all of my lashes. It has a very odd scent, it smells like chemicals. But the worst part of this mascara is the flaking. Almost my entire under eye area was black by the end of the day- not a good look. I loved the flashy packaging. Over all, I would not purchase this product again.

on 10/8/2009 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is the first mascara I've ever bought more than once. I'm actually on my third tube!
On me, it gives a result very similar to DiorShow - but for a fraction of the price. Lots of volume and some length too.
I read some of the reviews and I see that a lot of people experienced flaking, but luckily I didn't.
The brush is pretty big but I don't mind that.
I used to hate the bright yellow packaging, but I guess it has grown on me, so I think it's OK now ;)

Popular Mascaras