October 21, 2014 | 1354 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by dtzybrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Only mascara I have ever rebought more than once. EVER. I have been consistently using it on a daily basis for at least a year and a half. I've never gotten compliments on my eyelashes until I started using this.
This mascara makes me look like I have fake eyelashes on. I'm not even kidding. However, if you want to have "natural" looking eyelashes, this isn't for you. But quite frankly, that is not what I look for in a mascara, I'm young enough to get away with it, and I do not have stubby lashes that can't take it. I'm happy to wear this out at night or to class.
Great staying power, it lasts all day. Doesn't clump, doesn't flake, doesn't smudge onto my face. I curl my eyelashes, then just 1 or 2, sometimes 3, coats with a light hand and I have thicker, longer lashes that stay curled by the end of the day. For even better results I use Lancome's primer.
I have to say, I can't believe this doesn't have an average rating of at least 4. This stuff is amazing.

I'll answer some of the criticisms:
- I've had 3 different tubes of this stuff, used it at the very least 400 times. I've NEVER had the scraper pop out, or any other design problems. On the contrary, I love the design. I think it's cute, and I absolutely love bushy applicators. In my experience, it's really the only kind that will make my eyelashes "wow." Rather than "meh." I actually can't stand the orange one (Lash Blast) that's so popular with the *rubber* applicator. If your scraper is popping out, it is probably something you are doing, considering with all my use I've never had a problem.
- I've never had flaking onto my eyes or face either, and I have one of the oiliest skins on the planet.
- It does smudge onto my *finger* sometimes if I feel my lashes at the end of the day, but I don't see how that is a catastrophe. Just don't rub it.
It's not waterproof; what do you expect? It's super easy to take off and does not take my eyelashes with it.
- The smell? Really? It's a freaking mascara. Who cares? I didn't even notice it had a smell until I read the reviews. It is not that bad or strong, and it definitely should not make you smell like it or drive you nuts all day.

Conclusion: If you already have naturally fairly long eyelashes (saw it on panacea81 who has long lashes, too and it looked amazing) , are looking for volume and "bam"-level noticeable eyelashes, you for sure NEED to try this. I converted my sisters, too. But really I recommend anyone try this. I'll probably cry if they discontinue this. As of now, it's my HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2009 5:48:00 AM More reviews by yayformakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i don't understand the bad reviews.

1. you can't smell it once its on your lashes
2. its not too hard to comb your lashes after you apply this.

come on girls, its a drugstore mascara. of course its not going to be the best. but i actually like it, more than the LashBlast.

and its also my favourite maybelline mascara.

edit: i changed my mind. i wore this to school and it flaked like crazy. WORST ever

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by paolandlove

Good mascara overall. It makes my eyelashes look super thick but my eyelashes although not very long or voluminous natrually tend to work well with any mascara! :) So, yay. BUT, I use this in combination with other mascara because it gives me the little extra volume i like!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by amarna_princess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. It holds a curl pretty well and doesn't clump on me. Pretty decently priced as well. Packaging is bright yellow, makes it easy to see in the depths of my makeup bag, and the wand usually comes out with the perfect amount of mascara on it, I don't bother wiping off the wand because I really don't feel like I need to. I will continue to repurchase until/unless I ever have the courage to try another! But I really like the buildable aspect of this mascara and also that it's pretty versatile - can be dramatic or subtle.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by macless13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG atm. I love the volume it gives me! I definitely notice a difference from when i wear lengthening mascara. my lashes become so dense at the lashline! Doesn't smudge or flake. lovelovelove

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by roodswing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is probably my favorite drug store mascara I have found so far. If you take enough swipes with the wand it gives both length and volume. Does cause lashes to clump together if you apply that heavily though, so you will need an eye lash comb. If you apply lightly I find this actually gives more length than volume, but that could be just me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by carreepickle

overall terrible product. dont know why i put down lashblast to give this a chance!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by OoBrittany

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best mascara ever! My cousin asked me did I have on false lashes. I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by bananachips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hate this crap. I have short, thin lashes and this doesn't do much for them. Volumizes more than lengthens, but also clumps. I think the main problem is the brush - not soft or brush-like at all, doesn't grab onto my lashes. Will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by NuttyPoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this because my friend had recommended it to me (and it was on sale for $5). I read reviews long ago and never attempted to buy it 'til recently when I ran out of CoverGirl Lash Blast Luxe. I have fine thin but considerably long lashes and I need all the volume this world has to offer!
So I tried it for the first time.. HATED the smell. I hated the smell long before I bought it, I could smell it off of my friend without even trying! I think Maybelline tried to go for a rose/honey scent but it went horribly wrong on their part. I thought my tube went rancid cause it smelt even worse than my friends! I still used it because I thought I was being a little too skeptical. I say it gives volume but nothing dramatic. If you dare to put 3 coats, you'll see clumps. You'll get clumps regardless if you don't use a mascara guard or business card. It also flakes throughout the day and if you're one to touch your eyes, it'll smear and smudge. However, it is a very light weight formula so it doesn't drag down curls.