April 20, 2014 | 1670 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 5:19:00 AM More reviews by MariellaFromBe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very surprised at how good this mascara is since I usually don't like Maybelline mascaras, their brushes especially.
This one is just great, it has a huge fat brush and it does lenghten, separate and volumize my lashes. And the price is excellent.
I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Cmo1987

Great price.... target and walmart have a 2 pack for under $6 most of the time. The bright color of the packaging makes it easy to find and is one of my fave colors. The brush is nice and big and easy to use. I have been using this kind for awhile and I don't see myself changing anytime soon, I'm debating whether or not to use the waterproof formula. This formula doesn't flake and lasts all day. I am very happy with this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by lausstorz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am onto my third tube of this mascara! It does what it says on the tin. It lengthens my lashes, and darkens them. It does not however add any curl and the brush is rather dry. However I do like it as when I have applied two coats instead of one, it definately makes the most of my lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by fafs

When first applying this mascara, I really liked it. However, after an hour of having it on, I realized that I had horrible black smudges under my eyes... Just from blinking! Definitely won't use this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

No good.
First off the brush is soo rough it feels like you are using a mini toilet bowl cleaner to apply mascara when you apply it from root to tip & if you can get past the raw eyes it's just a clumpy mess..kinda like the top 3rd picture & that's just not pretty.

EDIT.....I strangely find myself like liking this still not great, but not bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2009 4:28:00 AM More reviews by switchick

For a drug store brand mascara - i believe that this product does its job. I usually use DIORSHOW but this is my staple. It lengthens - but it does not thicken the lashes - additional coats may be needed to be applied. Works well with Shu emura eye lash curler.

There is a smell though (for me it smells like ink) it goes away after a while. Also - be advised that for the waterproof mascara - it maybe harder to take it off at night. I use this mascara regularly and I use Lancome Bi-Facil make up remover and sometimes its really hard to take out :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by SSacrebleu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

It was bad when it was still fresh- it was so watery that got eyelashes barely colored.
Anyway after it dried down- it has it all for the price it sells- it's quite thick if you apply it in few times and you can wash it away with water without sticking it to fingers.
Biggest minus for this mascara is that it's too watery while fresh.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by cmbailey07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My lashes are long, but thin, so I'm always on the lookout for a good mascara to make them fatter. Judging from the name and its claims of dramatic volume, I was hoping this would give me a nice thick fringe.

Nope. No thickening to be seen here. And I put on like three coats. It made them a little longer, blacker, and the tiniest bit thicker, but nothing like what I was hoping for. It goes on pretty wet, so it's buildable, but no matter how much I build it just doesn't deliver. I mean, it's called colossal volume express, it should probably deliver colossal volume, right?

I started w/the negatives, here are the good points: doesn't irritate my eyes, doesn't clump. Has a nice rose smell which I know most people hate, but I actually like.

Anyway, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 4:29:00 AM More reviews by lisa8448

i luv this mascara it makes my lashes thick and long and last all day, and i luv that its bright yellow and big cuz it makes it easier for me to find it in my bag and its pretty :D ! i would recommend to anybody who want an awesome mascara thats not pushing the budget!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Gemstone221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I'm shocked that so many reviewers are unhappy with this product!
I adore this mascara and have tried so many brands. This for sure my staple mascara...the glam black color is my go to, everyday mascara.
1. It's affordable. I throw away mascara after 3 months of use for hygienic reasons, and throwing out a designer mascara makes me sad (and not to mention broke!) so this one is perfect.
2. It curls, defines and makes my lashes look thick and plump. Yes, I do already have thick lashes so I can't vouch for a thickener, but I like what it does.
3. I find it super easy to remove and it doesn't bother my eyes. I wear contacts daily and I'm constantly outside in harsh conditions and this is perfect. No smears, no flakes. I've had nothing but great experiences with this product.

I'm sad to see so many people dislike this. BUT everyone likes different things...so oh well.
At about $6 a tube, you can always just try it!