December 18, 2014 | 1819 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by fabuloust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible. Smells wierd. Left me totally shiny. Enuf said.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by jessiewillcox

This is an okay moisturizer for normal skin (as mine used to be), but does not work all that well on dry skin (as mine now is), even in summer. If one loads it on in order to get more moisture, the lotion doesn't really soak in quickly enough, and just feels somewhat watery. The pump version is helpful in that you don't have to shake the bottle furiously to get the lotion out, but this particular pump is rather hard to control. The lotion shoots out, rather than dripping or plopping in a manner that enables you to dispense the amount that you want.One can do just as well with a drugstore product. For a higher price, Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer is the way to go.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2007 3:40:00 PM More reviews by casjen54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think this must be a good moisturizer for normal skin, but I find it not moisturizing enough for my very dry skin, and my daughter says it breaks her out (she has combination skin) so we both use it as a hand lotion instead! (large bottle someone gave me as a gift) I won't be buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this moisturizer yet. I've never purchased it, but I've used countless GWP samples. DDML is a very basic moisturizer, and it's too heavy for my oily, acne-prone face, but I use the samples for body lotion when I travel. I find it a bit sticky, though, so it's not worth purchasing. Ingredients: Water Purified, Mineral Oil, Sesame Oil, Propylene Glycol, Tea Stearate, Gylceryl Stearate, Lanolin Alcohol, Petrolatum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. continued >>

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by macote

I love this stuff. I use it every day after the clarifying lotion (toner). I agree though that if I use it without the toner, it tends to remain oily on my skin. I was told by the Clinique consultant that it MUST be used after the toner. My skin feels more hydrated with and my day cream seems to work better with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by mickeyokc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I use it before I put my make-up on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by mellimello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really dislike this moisturizer. When I worked for EL, I got a big bottle of this for $5 and now I feel like it was such a waste. All it did was break me out and make me incredibly oily. I have dry skin with oily patches and this just made a complete mess of my face. Even my mom, who has extremely dry skin, thought this stuff was too oily and heavy on her face. The only time I actually will use this stuff is on my hands or feet when they get really dry since I can just slip gloves or socks on to soak up the excess oiliness, but I sadly can't just slip something on my face to soak up the oil ;)

And it really turns me off that this has placenta in it. Idk why, but it does haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2007 7:26:00 PM More reviews by sk8rgirl6261

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG! l love this product, I use it at night only but it is amazing, really leaves your skin feeling hydrated!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2007 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Milky_Leech

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

does not really moisturize at all - just sits there and DRIES on your skin leaving a nasty, gunky, oily residue. the lotion is runny and unpleasantly scented. would not buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 10:54:00 PM More reviews by workandgirl

This is my HG facial lotion. However, it is ONLY my lotion during the night time hours. If i were to wear this during the day, my face would be oil slick city. obviously that's not pretty!

the reason i like this product so much is because it is a very basic, gentle and GOOD moisturizer. i find this is what my face needs after an entire day of makeup, elements, stress, etc etc (i could go on and one with what our faces endure!). my face doesn't need to deal with something that clogs my pours and irritates my skin at night. this absolutely does not.

i was wavering on if i really liked this product for awhile because while it does feel great on my skin - i can see why some wouldn't like it. i experimented with some other options for awhile and found that this really was the best. to top that off, a roommate of mine had a facial that really caused her skin to wig out (irritation, purging, etc). she found that all of the moisturizers she had further irritated her skin (AHAs, perfumes, ingredients). i offered her the yellow lotion of hope and she was AMAZED at how her skin really just drank the lotion and didn't react anymore. it calmed her skin down completely. how can you say know to a lotion like that?

i will say, a little dab of this lotion can really go a long way. there is absolutely no reason to get over a pump of this lotion at a time for your face because it's just too much. i really like this in the pump package and it's the same price as the non-pump.

i will continue using my HG dramtically different moisturizing lotion because i can't find anything else that so "dramatically differently" soothes my skin every night.