July 22, 2014 | 1501 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2007 5:22:00 PM More reviews by mellly

made me break out. i like their moisture surge better.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2007 7:52:00 AM More reviews by KathleenTheGreat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was given samples of the clinique mild cleansing gel, clarifying lotion # 2, and the dramatically different moisturizer.

I've been using all three for over a week and my skin has remained clear until now... I have a few *tiny* pimples that are barely noticable. At least they are right now, we will see how fast they go away with my salysilic gel.

Anyhow, I was tolerating the DD lotion for a while but I've had enough. It does not absorb well into my skin. They say I have dry combination skin because it flakes around the nose... We'' the clarifying lotion and the DD lotion have done nothing for it and my cheeks are shinier than before and oily as hell.

Its even worse in the morning. There is still a layer of the moisturizer sitting on my skin!

Anyway, the three step program isn't bad in that I haven't broken out in a week. I normally have at least one pimple. But, It has left my skin shinier than before and hasnt improved the quality (i.e. unevenness in tone, flakes, glow).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2007 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Minni43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first this product was working GREAT!! i had very dry skin in the winter and when i would put on my face powder i would just look flaky and dry so i deciced to try a sample of this lotion! i would put it on before i would put on my powdder and my skin looked fine after that!! ........BUT after a couple a weeks i started gettinng breakouuts under the skin and it was because it didnt agree with my skin! i have break-out prone skin!! i would not use this product! : (

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by fabuloust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible. Smells wierd. Left me totally shiny. Enuf said.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by jessiewillcox

This is an okay moisturizer for normal skin (as mine used to be), but does not work all that well on dry skin (as mine now is), even in summer. If one loads it on in order to get more moisture, the lotion doesn't really soak in quickly enough, and just feels somewhat watery. The pump version is helpful in that you don't have to shake the bottle furiously to get the lotion out, but this particular pump is rather hard to control. The lotion shoots out, rather than dripping or plopping in a manner that enables you to dispense the amount that you want.One can do just as well with a drugstore product. For a higher price, Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer is the way to go.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2007 3:40:00 PM More reviews by casjen54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think this must be a good moisturizer for normal skin, but I find it not moisturizing enough for my very dry skin, and my daughter says it breaks her out (she has combination skin) so we both use it as a hand lotion instead! (large bottle someone gave me as a gift) I won't be buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this moisturizer yet. I've never purchased it, but I've used countless GWP samples. DDML is a very basic moisturizer, and it's too heavy for my oily, acne-prone face, but I use the samples for body lotion when I travel. I find it a bit sticky, though, so it's not worth purchasing. Ingredients: Water Purified, Mineral Oil, Sesame Oil, Propylene Glycol, Tea Stearate, Gylceryl Stearate, Lanolin Alcohol, Petrolatum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. continued >>

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by macote

I love this stuff. I use it every day after the clarifying lotion (toner). I agree though that if I use it without the toner, it tends to remain oily on my skin. I was told by the Clinique consultant that it MUST be used after the toner. My skin feels more hydrated with and my day cream seems to work better with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by mickeyokc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I use it before I put my make-up on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by mellimello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really dislike this moisturizer. When I worked for EL, I got a big bottle of this for $5 and now I feel like it was such a waste. All it did was break me out and make me incredibly oily. I have dry skin with oily patches and this just made a complete mess of my face. Even my mom, who has extremely dry skin, thought this stuff was too oily and heavy on her face. The only time I actually will use this stuff is on my hands or feet when they get really dry since I can just slip gloves or socks on to soak up the excess oiliness, but I sadly can't just slip something on my face to soak up the oil ;)

And it really turns me off that this has placenta in it. Idk why, but it does haha.