La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Ingredients: Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, [sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Duncecap, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate], Paraffin, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Beta-carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat

on 2/15/2002 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really loved how my skin looked, no dry patches, radiant glowing skin, however, I have never ever had so many pimples. BAD Pimples. I only used it at night and a few times a week at night, nonetheless. I wish I could continue using it, but something just doesn't agree with my skin. I'm still trying to recover from the 2 zits last week... grrr....

on 2/13/2002 11:30:00 PM

this is definitely a 'try it yourself' product. i tried it as a mask for sensitive skin outbreaks, and it worked great, so i kept using it. cdlm makes my skin resilient, which to me is more important than anything. i was always trying oily skin stuff, but it wasn't gentle enough for sensitive skin. if anything, my skin is less oily after i use the creme for a few days, i assume because it's not working overtime trying to protect itself. HOWEVER, my sister, who despite different coloring has almost identical skin, used a sample i gave her and it broke out her skin horribly. the smell IS distinctive. i remember my grandmother smelling like this when i lived with her (it was her night cream), but then, she looked amazing well into her 70s.

i tried using just the nivea body cream, as many have mentioned theses products have nearly identical ingredients. but nope, it just didn't do it for me - the difference is in the details no matter how small.

on 1/27/2002 10:40:00 AM

I have used this for almost 3 years now, and my skin has never looked better. Some find it too oily, but I think they use too much and don't apply it right. You have to emulsify this first, them pat it on your face and it doesn't take a lot. My skin was actually less oily in the day when I started using this. It has never caused a single breakout as have many others. I have sensitive skin and never had any problems with this.
My skin is soft, and glowing, well worth the money IMO. It can be used on the eyes too, but is a bit much for my eyes in the daytime.
Nice scent too.

on 1/26/2002 12:25:00 AM

I've loved this since the first time I aplied it to my eyes more than 2 years ago.
Now I use the Oil Absorbing Lotion on my face and this on necks and eyes or in the evening on top of Renova.

on 1/20/2002 8:12:00 PM

Well, I'm glad I tried it (again!). I used a .25 oz. deluxe sample tub over the course of about three months, and although during the first couple weeks I thought that I could see improvement in my skin, I saw no noticeable difference as time went on. The creme was too heavy to use around my eyes, also - gave me awful milia. I am quite happy to get better results using jojoba oil nightly with Sage Gelloid on extra-dry nights. Next time I start posting about trying CDLM again, please refer me to this review? : )

on 1/9/2002 11:46:00 AM

So over-rated! I thought it would be something more extraordinary for the price. I only have the sample so maybe I didn't use it long enough but first of all, it's smell isn't very pleasing, kind of mediciney. I don't like products that have too much "fake" fragrances so the that's not too problematic. I just didn't think the creme was all that restorative or healing though. I have oily breakout prone skin so I was careful just to use it on my dry areas and it did nothing for it. It didn't make me breakout but it also didn't help my dry areas. I tried using a thin film then I added more but nothing. I don't know what the hype is. It may have been a good product once but I'll bet Estee Lauder buying the line had something to do with it. Estee Lauder products are awful.

on 1/7/2002 5:58:00 PM

What a joke. I had high expectations and was oh so disappointed.

on 1/2/2002 7:05:00 PM

LOVE this. for folks for whom its not working - did you break it down between your fingers before applying it? if you don't, it just sits there on top of your skin doing nothing and feeling like crisco - BUT if you warm it and break it down before patting it on - miracles, people, real skin miracles. my acne scars faded, my pores look smaller, my skin is soft, and no breakouts. *sigh* if only it weren't a gazillion bucks.

on 12/22/2001 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Since I couldn't very well give this a test spin on my oily skin, I emlisted the help of my mother. Fortunately, I was spared the exorbitant price tag with a full size tester from a former co-hort SA. The result? What result? For the price people lay for this, the skin should end up radiant! It didn't really help her normal/dry skin, and didn't live up to any dramatic claims. We knew that, though. Chew on this: How many jars of La Mer would it take before someone could pay off a full-flegded facelift or even a mini lift?

on 12/18/2001 3:22:00 PM

This is the holy grail moisturizer! This is unbelievably moisturizing. I am in my 20's and have combination skin. I use this when I have 'dry' days and the texture and appearance of my skin is revolutionary. This didn't make me break out and sunk into my skin and then some! it left a kind of protective shield over my face, like a time-released moisturizer throughout the night. It feels nice and cool at application and you can immediately detect that this is different than any other moisturizer you have used. Highly Recommend. Try a sample for first, this may not be for everyone. I think this is worth it for $90. Enjoy great skin. :) continued >>

Popular Moisturizers