October 24, 2014 | 1656 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2001 12:47:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was VERY excited to try this. I patted it on my skin and under my eyes every night after warming it up in my hands as I was told to do. I would awake to greasy skin that was becoming broken out from this heavy cream. I saw no results other than a few breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2001 9:24:00 PM More reviews by msjene

A must have treatment cream. While rich in texture, the secret is to emulsify a small amount in your hands and PAT into the skin. This is the ONLY product formulated by Max Huber, the creator of Creme de La Mer.
I have oily, blemish prone skin and use the cream in conjunction with the Face Serum in the daytime under my makeup to work, and since I work in air conditioning, it prevents my skin from dehydrating. My makeup stays on all day and keeps me from breaking out.
If you don't like the texture (it is heavier) use it at night.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2001 5:56:00 PM More reviews by suemazrn

I was not impressed by this stuff at all. For my oily/combination skin, this stuff is way too emollient. I ended up using it as an eye cream and the skin under my eyes looks exactly like it did before I started using this. It's a good rich cream, nothing more, nothing less. Very overpriced, in my opinion. I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2001 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Julie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I might buy this again. I really liked what it did for my face this past winter, when it didn't get above freezing in Louisville during the whole month of December, and I was on Retin-A Micro. It diminished my peeling and horrible red splotches I had all winter from Retin-A Micro and Clindamycin. I will try this again this fall and winter and see what happens, especially since I am now used to my Retin-A Micro. I didn't see any help with lines and unevenness, so I don't know if I would recommend it for the signs of ageing, but for dryness, definately.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2001 1:45:00 PM More reviews by cora-lu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I had to try it... and ended up giving it all to my mother. I have combination skin and could not see any improvement at all whatsoever. The greasy parts went even more greasy. I have to admit that it's a good moisturiser for the drier parts, but as to reducing pores or minimising imperfections - no effect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2001 2:56:00 PM More reviews by KateEm

I'm not sure about the science that is behind this product, but the results *happened* for me. The cream is part of my skincare routine, and I have seen an improvement in texture and fine lines. I love the way my face feels in the morning after using this cream at night! I will continue to use the cream, but it is the only product from this line that I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2001 8:24:00 AM More reviews by DianeL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cream changed my skin! I love it and buy it again as soon as I get low. It balanced my skin out, no more oily T-zone, my pores are inivsible,the softness and clarity are wonderful. Also, I never get any breakouts ever. Well, maybe one little one every 4 months, but that is pretty good! And that is ususally when I have tried some new foundation, blush, etc. You must apply this to a dry face and blend it first to warm it up, Then pat it on, never rub. I have also found it is better not to use certain toners before you use this cream. It makes it very hard to apply and the cream tends to separated. This does not occur with the lotion which I use for the daytime under foundation. It is $$$, but sooooo worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2001 6:58:00 AM More reviews by D-Girl

This product is definitely worth the big bucks if you have very dry or damaged skin. I only use it during the winter when my skin is at its driest because it is super emollient. I would recommend getting a sample before buying cause this could definitely be too rich for many people. Tip: Use with La Mer Serum to really see results.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2001 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Hellokitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was very skeptical about trying this product in the beginning esp after discovering their hefty price tag! However, after reading raves/rants about this item, I got a sample of Creme De La Mer from Neiman's. It's a good moisturizer for winter, foundation goes on smooth and easy, smells ancient and pleasant. But, it has no SPF protection, age defying elements like retinol, AHA or essential vitamins for the skin. For those of us who don't have deep pockets, get a sample first and see if it works for you. For something that has none of the benefits of modern technology, the price is ridiculous!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2001 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I promised myself I would never buy this product, but I sure am glad I did! CDLM has done wonders for my skin. I have dry, sensitive skin prone to eczema. Ever since I started using CDLM my skin not only has fewer breakouts, but my eczema has virtually disappeared! It even gives me a bit of a rosey glow I never had before! Also, even though I've heard never to apply a heavy cream to the undereye area, I do this faithfully everynight with CDLM. I've noticed a reduction in puffiness and even my dark circles have faded. Of course the price is a huge draw back @ $195 for 2 oz., but my skin has never looked better.