La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Ingredients: Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, [sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Duncecap, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate], Paraffin, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Beta-carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat

on 1/26/2002 12:25:00 AM

I've loved this since the first time I aplied it to my eyes more than 2 years ago.
Now I use the Oil Absorbing Lotion on my face and this on necks and eyes or in the evening on top of Renova.

on 1/20/2002 8:12:00 PM

Well, I'm glad I tried it (again!). I used a .25 oz. deluxe sample tub over the course of about three months, and although during the first couple weeks I thought that I could see improvement in my skin, I saw no noticeable difference as time went on. The creme was too heavy to use around my eyes, also - gave me awful milia. I am quite happy to get better results using jojoba oil nightly with Sage Gelloid on extra-dry nights. Next time I start posting about trying CDLM again, please refer me to this review? : )

on 1/9/2002 11:46:00 AM

So over-rated! I thought it would be something more extraordinary for the price. I only have the sample so maybe I didn't use it long enough but first of all, it's smell isn't very pleasing, kind of mediciney. I don't like products that have too much "fake" fragrances so the that's not too problematic. I just didn't think the creme was all that restorative or healing though. I have oily breakout prone skin so I was careful just to use it on my dry areas and it did nothing for it. It didn't make me breakout but it also didn't help my dry areas. I tried using a thin film then I added more but nothing. I don't know what the hype is. It may have been a good product once but I'll bet Estee Lauder buying the line had something to do with it. Estee Lauder products are awful.

on 1/7/2002 5:58:00 PM

What a joke. I had high expectations and was oh so disappointed.

on 1/2/2002 7:05:00 PM

LOVE this. for folks for whom its not working - did you break it down between your fingers before applying it? if you don't, it just sits there on top of your skin doing nothing and feeling like crisco - BUT if you warm it and break it down before patting it on - miracles, people, real skin miracles. my acne scars faded, my pores look smaller, my skin is soft, and no breakouts. *sigh* if only it weren't a gazillion bucks.

on 12/22/2001 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Since I couldn't very well give this a test spin on my oily skin, I emlisted the help of my mother. Fortunately, I was spared the exorbitant price tag with a full size tester from a former co-hort SA. The result? What result? For the price people lay for this, the skin should end up radiant! It didn't really help her normal/dry skin, and didn't live up to any dramatic claims. We knew that, though. Chew on this: How many jars of La Mer would it take before someone could pay off a full-flegded facelift or even a mini lift?

on 12/18/2001 3:22:00 PM

This is the holy grail moisturizer! This is unbelievably moisturizing. I am in my 20's and have combination skin. I use this when I have 'dry' days and the texture and appearance of my skin is revolutionary. This didn't make me break out and sunk into my skin and then some! it left a kind of protective shield over my face, like a time-released moisturizer throughout the night. It feels nice and cool at application and you can immediately detect that this is different than any other moisturizer you have used. Highly Recommend. Try a sample for first, this may not be for everyone. I think this is worth it for $90. Enjoy great skin. :) continued >>

on 12/3/2001 11:22:00 PM

This is the holy grail product for dry and sensitive skin! It's very gentle and it can even out skin tone. However, to maximize the result, you must follow the right procedures: warm a bean size between your finger tips until it feels like " melt ice-cream", then apply on your COMPLETELY DRY skin. Yes, I do mean absolutely dry, or the cream cannot be absorbed and just sits on top of your skin. Use it everynight really gives me a bright complexion. It is worth every penny I spent on it.

on 12/3/2001 3:54:00 PM

CONS: I have combination skin and first tried using this as a moisturizer...too greasy! Then, I tried using it as an eye cream...it caused millia to form. Not a winner in my book!

on 11/18/2001 5:24:00 AM

This stuff must be for older drier skins... I'm 20 with combination skin, and it did not do anything. When applied all over my face, it didn't absorb and made me feel really greasy. I then applied it ONLY at night and only on the cheeks, and it was a bit better. But I have much better moisturizers that I can use for about 1/5 of this price.