September 20, 2014 | 1779 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2001 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Julie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I might buy this again. I really liked what it did for my face this past winter, when it didn't get above freezing in Louisville during the whole month of December, and I was on Retin-A Micro. It diminished my peeling and horrible red splotches I had all winter from Retin-A Micro and Clindamycin. I will try this again this fall and winter and see what happens, especially since I am now used to my Retin-A Micro. I didn't see any help with lines and unevenness, so I don't know if I would recommend it for the signs of ageing, but for dryness, definately.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2001 1:45:00 PM More reviews by cora-lu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I had to try it... and ended up giving it all to my mother. I have combination skin and could not see any improvement at all whatsoever. The greasy parts went even more greasy. I have to admit that it's a good moisturiser for the drier parts, but as to reducing pores or minimising imperfections - no effect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2001 2:56:00 PM More reviews by KateEm

I'm not sure about the science that is behind this product, but the results *happened* for me. The cream is part of my skincare routine, and I have seen an improvement in texture and fine lines. I love the way my face feels in the morning after using this cream at night! I will continue to use the cream, but it is the only product from this line that I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2001 8:24:00 AM More reviews by DianeL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cream changed my skin! I love it and buy it again as soon as I get low. It balanced my skin out, no more oily T-zone, my pores are inivsible,the softness and clarity are wonderful. Also, I never get any breakouts ever. Well, maybe one little one every 4 months, but that is pretty good! And that is ususally when I have tried some new foundation, blush, etc. You must apply this to a dry face and blend it first to warm it up, Then pat it on, never rub. I have also found it is better not to use certain toners before you use this cream. It makes it very hard to apply and the cream tends to separated. This does not occur with the lotion which I use for the daytime under foundation. It is $$$, but sooooo worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2001 6:58:00 AM More reviews by D-Girl

This product is definitely worth the big bucks if you have very dry or damaged skin. I only use it during the winter when my skin is at its driest because it is super emollient. I would recommend getting a sample before buying cause this could definitely be too rich for many people. Tip: Use with La Mer Serum to really see results.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2001 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Hellokitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was very skeptical about trying this product in the beginning esp after discovering their hefty price tag! However, after reading raves/rants about this item, I got a sample of Creme De La Mer from Neiman's. It's a good moisturizer for winter, foundation goes on smooth and easy, smells ancient and pleasant. But, it has no SPF protection, age defying elements like retinol, AHA or essential vitamins for the skin. For those of us who don't have deep pockets, get a sample first and see if it works for you. For something that has none of the benefits of modern technology, the price is ridiculous!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2001 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I promised myself I would never buy this product, but I sure am glad I did! CDLM has done wonders for my skin. I have dry, sensitive skin prone to eczema. Ever since I started using CDLM my skin not only has fewer breakouts, but my eczema has virtually disappeared! It even gives me a bit of a rosey glow I never had before! Also, even though I've heard never to apply a heavy cream to the undereye area, I do this faithfully everynight with CDLM. I've noticed a reduction in puffiness and even my dark circles have faded. Of course the price is a huge draw back @ $195 for 2 oz., but my skin has never looked better.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2001 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Aprilx

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry, sensitive skin that flakes and breaks out in my "T-zone"
area. Also, I have rough, red patches along my jawline that are somewhat
bothersome. All of this in addition to significant sun damage on my forehead
- creating some lines. So, I bought the Creme de la Mer (CdLM) instead of
the Serum or Lotion. It is an extremely rich cream that smells like cold cream.
I only apply at night before bed, but it can be applied twice a day. After
one week (which is how long the SA told me it would take to see results), I was not sold. It has done nothing to help the patches on my jawline,
but did firm some of the small lines I have around my eyes, mouth and
on my sun-damaged forehead. I would not buy it again. For $85 an ounce, I'd better have found
the holy grail of moisturizers. Maybe I am expecting too much from a
moisturizer? I just think that my drugstore Eucerin works just as well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2001 6:57:00 AM More reviews by kmac

I was wary of buying such an expensive creme, but after reading so many good things about it I had to try it. I did soome on line research and since I dont live near a store that carries this product I emailed the customer service departmen at Neiman Marcus and they happily sent me some samples. I got hey creme they eye balm and the face serum. This stuff is incredible. It really works. I have combination skin and was afraid the heavy creme would make me oilier. it did not. Skin stays moisturized all day and I could really see those little lines around my eyes softening. You can use the creme as an eyecream as well which is a money saver in the long run. I decided to buy both the creme and the eye balm as they worked well for me. I highly recommend this product dont let the high price scare you away its worth every penny!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2001 4:00:00 PM More reviews by KioraNZ

This product has helped tremendously calm my skin. It is a great nighttime moisturizer-it never breaks me out and makes my skin so soft.