La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

on 3/10/2002 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It smells nice and packaged nicely as well but, its a tremendously thick cream that would work for extremely dry skin. It kind of get a little greasy at first but makes your skin really soft in the morning. Not so good for combination skin types.

on 3/9/2002 10:01:00 PM

This didn't work well for my combination skin. Worked super well on my neck but it is really pricey to use just for that. I think it's just too much moisture for my skin. I gave it to my mother and she just loves it! So I guess it just depends on your skin type.

on 3/3/2002 3:08:00 AM

I couldn't use this on my face because it is so greasy, so I tried it on my eyes. It didn't perform any "miracles", AND it gave me milia. I never realized it was possible to over-moisturize the eye area (especially when it tends to be dry, like mine does), but La Mer proved me wrong!

on 3/2/2002 1:36:00 PM

i wish this didn't work, ('cuz it's too dang expensive) but i LOVE it!! i have very dry, sensitive (red, flaky, etc.) skin, and this is the only product that works for me. my skin texture has vastly improved. i did experience a few tiny breakouts on my chin initially, but i just stopped putting it there and have been fine. honestly, i can't say i've ever tried another product that worked so well on my face. : )

on 2/27/2002 12:52:00 PM

I used a sample of this product for a few days and couldn't understand what the hype was all about. Then I got waxed !! It was too hot and well...I used LaMer on it and OH MY GOD ! It helped it a lot ! Cooled it down and healed the burn in a day ! You have to warm it up between your fingers before applying it and a little goes a long way. Good for when you are real dry, gets rid of flakes.

on 2/21/2002 1:47:00 PM

I used this product temporarily after hearing all the raves about it, however, it was just too much for me - it is very rich on me and made my face which is normal-dry very greasy. It did not clear up anything on my face and instead caused the biggest pimples in my life (lol) and I was not impressed with it. However, my husband came home with very chapped and dry skin, and this worked wonderfully on him.

EDITED: 5/2002 - I wanted to add that I recently saw my MIL and her face looked amazing and when I asked her what she has been using she said CDLM, so I got myself another jar and this time, it really is doing something for my skin. Now, my skin is in better condition partly in due to using Caudalie products which significantly helped with my dryness and pores, however, with the CDLM, I noted that it is helping with the lines on my forhead. THE CDLM is still rich for me, so I use this at night and use the Caudalie in the AM, however, I would like to try to LaMer Moisturizing Lotion. I also wanted to add, that like the first time I used this product, I broke out with the most monstrous pimples I have ever had (lol)

EDITED: 1/3/2014 - Upgraded my rating ..... while this is still to rich for me to use daily, I now use it twice a week at night ..... I have found that La Mer is wonderful for my family when their skin is chapped or dry and so I always keep some on hand.

on 2/15/2002 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really loved how my skin looked, no dry patches, radiant glowing skin, however, I have never ever had so many pimples. BAD Pimples. I only used it at night and a few times a week at night, nonetheless. I wish I could continue using it, but something just doesn't agree with my skin. I'm still trying to recover from the 2 zits last week... grrr....

on 2/13/2002 11:30:00 PM

this is definitely a 'try it yourself' product. i tried it as a mask for sensitive skin outbreaks, and it worked great, so i kept using it. cdlm makes my skin resilient, which to me is more important than anything. i was always trying oily skin stuff, but it wasn't gentle enough for sensitive skin. if anything, my skin is less oily after i use the creme for a few days, i assume because it's not working overtime trying to protect itself. HOWEVER, my sister, who despite different coloring has almost identical skin, used a sample i gave her and it broke out her skin horribly. the smell IS distinctive. i remember my grandmother smelling like this when i lived with her (it was her night cream), but then, she looked amazing well into her 70s.

i tried using just the nivea body cream, as many have mentioned theses products have nearly identical ingredients. but nope, it just didn't do it for me - the difference is in the details no matter how small.

on 1/27/2002 10:40:00 AM

I have used this for almost 3 years now, and my skin has never looked better. Some find it too oily, but I think they use too much and don't apply it right. You have to emulsify this first, them pat it on your face and it doesn't take a lot. My skin was actually less oily in the day when I started using this. It has never caused a single breakout as have many others. I have sensitive skin and never had any problems with this.
My skin is soft, and glowing, well worth the money IMO. It can be used on the eyes too, but is a bit much for my eyes in the daytime.
Nice scent too.

on 1/26/2002 12:25:00 AM

I've loved this since the first time I aplied it to my eyes more than 2 years ago.
Now I use the Oil Absorbing Lotion on my face and this on necks and eyes or in the evening on top of Renova.

Popular Moisturizers