Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 10/18/2009 3:06:00 PM

They really should call this mascara CLUMP-OSSAL clumping express. I purchased this from my local cvs for about $7.99. I was eager to try this because I had high hopes. When I first opened the bottle I recognized that floral scent which was very similar to the lash stilleto formula. I liked the size of the brush but the bristles themselves were cheap and plastic and when I applied it to my lashes it felt like it scraped the base of my lashes. It felt so scratchy and painful. Regardless it was still tolerable. The result of the effect this mascara did for me was nothing but clump up my lashes and make them stick together. I even tried seperating them with an eyelash comb and fluffing them out with a clean mascara wand but this formula is terrible. For me this was a complete waste of money. I have very long eyelashes but not very much volume, I currently alternate between Prestige my biggest lashes which I absolutely adore! & I also use Clinique's high defenition mascara which goes on like dream because it's buildable and never clumps. I'm still on an endless search for my HG mascara, but seriously ladies don't waste your time or money on this. By far this is the worst mascara I've ever used in my life.

on 10/18/2009 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This mascara is pretty good when you put it on. it looks nice it lengthens and makes my lashes look thicker. the problem that i have with the mascara is trying to take it off. When i take it off at night its like pulling my eyelashes off. I have so much trouble taking all of it off.

on 10/18/2009 2:19:00 PM

This mascara really works for me. It doesn't flake, it isn't clumpy, it gives me volume AND length! And yes, the smell is horrible, but, that just doesn't matter to me. It IS a mascara after all! All in all, it is the best mascara i've ever used.

on 10/18/2009 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchase this product over and over again. There are products and times that one must purchase only high end--this is not one of those times. For about six bucks you get a fantastic mascara that lengthens and volumizes short or thin lashes, giving you a full, flirtatious look.
I have been using this mascara for several years now and find that it is just one of those products I always go back to. (FAR more than the expensive HE mascara.) I highly reccommend going out and giving this a try, you've got nothing to lose and at about $6 usd it won't break the bank.

on 10/18/2009 9:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

overall, this is a pretty good mascara. pretty good lengthening, but not as much volume as full n' soft. lots of people say they hate the rose smell but i really dont mind it (its not like anyones going to be like hey do your lashes smell rosy?) no one will know guys, so dont sweat it. another complaint is the packaging. say it ugly and bulky. well i personally love the packing. i would rather have that than plain blak.. but that just me. hope i helped!

on 10/17/2009 4:20:00 PM

This product has gives an volumizing effect to my lashes just as it claims but I'm particularly sensitive towards scented cosmetics. The scent do bother me a bit during my application of the mascara but once it's on I really don't care.
Another thing that I really dislike about this product is the brush , It is so huge that i can't reach the corners of my lashes. My lashes are short and thin. With the huge brush it just takes a lot of time to apply it and I have to clean my eyelid every time because of the mascara residue during the application.
Overall , this product is decent enough but it might need some improvements. Until them I might just find another mascara that is easier to apply.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
update: After using this for some time now, I finally liking this product. I have to say that the brush is huge and it takes time to get use to it. Same issue with the brush not reaching out to the corners of my eyes. But after a few practice, I did see that my lashes looks thicker but it does not really hold the curls so well.

Conclusion: Not the perfect mascara for me but it's a great at volumizing my lashes.

on 10/16/2009 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this product. The only thing that made be a bit "weirded out" at first was the awkward smell, not bad, just unusual becuase i had never even heard of a scented mascara. But I got one and tried it and I really lved it and for a while i stopped using it to try a different mascara but i always seem to jump back to this one reminding myself of its excellent formula. Never has it flaked on me or clumped my eyelashes and i've certainly gotten use to the smell. Its a great product and i recommend it to anyone!!

more than three coats and its clumpmania for me! it really really thickens like crazy, but doesnt add too much length. very dramatic mascara i can so afford!

on 10/16/2009 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product because it volumizes a lot my lashes!!! I don't really like the smell but I can afford it. It's not that terrible. The only thing I don't like is that it is very flaky. I will buy this product again.

on 10/16/2009 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I love the packaging except that the opening cover keeps coming up when I twist open the cap, but I think it may just be a dud. But I LOVE the product and I LOVE the brush! So far this is my fav mascara.