September 17, 2014 | 1270 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2001 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Shellikins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is really nice stuff, as it should be for the price. However, I can't say it did anything magical for me. I also bought some for my mother, and she still loves it and uses it as a night cream.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2001 7:06:00 PM More reviews by StilaLover

ouch....that price really hurst your wallet. way to heavy for combo skin. I dont really like it. maybe i'd like the lotion, but the cream feels like crisco.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2001 4:41:00 AM More reviews by monlim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this only at night cos it's really really rich. if you have combination skin like me, only use it on the dryer areas. it's expensive but it lasts a long time. all the la mer moisturisers give me the great radiant look and after trying this brand, i have finally reached the stage where i can go out without wearing makeup and not feel like i can't meet anyone i know. my skin truly looks great. the only pet peeve i have about this product is the application method - the patting is simply a hassle, in my opinion, especially on the throat region.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2001 3:31:00 PM More reviews by fenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am a skincare junkie and to say that I would repurchase CDLM again is saying alot because I don't remember ever buying anything more than once:x I wake up each morning to smooth, clear, dewy skin all thanks to this cream, imho this is da bomb and it is my holy grail of all moisturisers. One flaw though...it is a pain in the butt having to spend many minutes breaking down the cream and patting it onto the skin instead of simply being able to slather it on. Oh wellZ, the results are worth the hassle. =)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2001 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Elixir

Did nothing for me but sit on top of my face making me look like a total grease pan! After hearing all the hypes.. I had to satisfy my curiousity, and end up not satisfied at all. I did everything right, I used the little spatula, rubbed creme between fingers to warm it up then pat on face. The result? NADA...
With this huge price tag? You can bet my arms and legs that I will NOT buy this in a million years =T

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2001 11:07:00 PM More reviews by christinecarl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this product and yes I do believe it is a really great moisturizer. I was afraid it would be too much for my combo skin but it did not cause me to break out at all!
But considering the price $$$$ there are many good creams out there with out the hefty price tag and they do just as good of job.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2001 12:47:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was VERY excited to try this. I patted it on my skin and under my eyes every night after warming it up in my hands as I was told to do. I would awake to greasy skin that was becoming broken out from this heavy cream. I saw no results other than a few breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2001 9:24:00 PM More reviews by msjene

A must have treatment cream. While rich in texture, the secret is to emulsify a small amount in your hands and PAT into the skin. This is the ONLY product formulated by Max Huber, the creator of Creme de La Mer.
I have oily, blemish prone skin and use the cream in conjunction with the Face Serum in the daytime under my makeup to work, and since I work in air conditioning, it prevents my skin from dehydrating. My makeup stays on all day and keeps me from breaking out.
If you don't like the texture (it is heavier) use it at night.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2001 5:56:00 PM More reviews by suemazrn

I was not impressed by this stuff at all. For my oily/combination skin, this stuff is way too emollient. I ended up using it as an eye cream and the skin under my eyes looks exactly like it did before I started using this. It's a good rich cream, nothing more, nothing less. Very overpriced, in my opinion. I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2001 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Julie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I might buy this again. I really liked what it did for my face this past winter, when it didn't get above freezing in Louisville during the whole month of December, and I was on Retin-A Micro. It diminished my peeling and horrible red splotches I had all winter from Retin-A Micro and Clindamycin. I will try this again this fall and winter and see what happens, especially since I am now used to my Retin-A Micro. I didn't see any help with lines and unevenness, so I don't know if I would recommend it for the signs of ageing, but for dryness, definately.