November 26, 2014 | 1573 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2001 11:22:00 PM More reviews by yclaire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the holy grail product for dry and sensitive skin! It's very gentle and it can even out skin tone. However, to maximize the result, you must follow the right procedures: warm a bean size between your finger tips until it feels like " melt ice-cream", then apply on your COMPLETELY DRY skin. Yes, I do mean absolutely dry, or the cream cannot be absorbed and just sits on top of your skin. Use it everynight really gives me a bright complexion. It is worth every penny I spent on it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2001 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Jenny

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

CONS: I have combination skin and first tried using this as a moisturizer...too greasy! Then, I tried using it as an eye cream...it caused millia to form. Not a winner in my book!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2001 5:24:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

This stuff must be for older drier skins... I'm 20 with combination skin, and it did not do anything. When applied all over my face, it didn't absorb and made me feel really greasy. I then applied it ONLY at night and only on the cheeks, and it was a bit better. But I have much better moisturizers that I can use for about 1/5 of this price.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2001 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Donna

I really wanted to like this stuff after all the things I've heard...I finally got a small sample...after applying it according to directions, I was only able to use it twice. The second time I had to go wash it off after 15 minutes. It sits on your skin and does not absorb...sort of like rubbing crisco all over. I can't stand the feel of it long enough to see if it does any good. The only people I can see this as being useful for are those with PARCHED skin...even then, can't see how it can work when it just sits there attracting dirt. I will finish off the sample as an eye or elbow cream. Keep your money...many better products for a fraction of the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2001 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Shellikins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is really nice stuff, as it should be for the price. However, I can't say it did anything magical for me. I also bought some for my mother, and she still loves it and uses it as a night cream.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2001 7:06:00 PM More reviews by StilaLover

ouch....that price really hurst your wallet. way to heavy for combo skin. I dont really like it. maybe i'd like the lotion, but the cream feels like crisco.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2001 4:41:00 AM More reviews by monlim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this only at night cos it's really really rich. if you have combination skin like me, only use it on the dryer areas. it's expensive but it lasts a long time. all the la mer moisturisers give me the great radiant look and after trying this brand, i have finally reached the stage where i can go out without wearing makeup and not feel like i can't meet anyone i know. my skin truly looks great. the only pet peeve i have about this product is the application method - the patting is simply a hassle, in my opinion, especially on the throat region.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2001 3:31:00 PM More reviews by fenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am a skincare junkie and to say that I would repurchase CDLM again is saying alot because I don't remember ever buying anything more than once:x I wake up each morning to smooth, clear, dewy skin all thanks to this cream, imho this is da bomb and it is my holy grail of all moisturisers. One flaw though...it is a pain in the butt having to spend many minutes breaking down the cream and patting it onto the skin instead of simply being able to slather it on. Oh wellZ, the results are worth the hassle. =)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2001 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Elixir

Did nothing for me but sit on top of my face making me look like a total grease pan! After hearing all the hypes.. I had to satisfy my curiousity, and end up not satisfied at all. I did everything right, I used the little spatula, rubbed creme between fingers to warm it up then pat on face. The result? NADA...
With this huge price tag? You can bet my arms and legs that I will NOT buy this in a million years =T

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2001 11:07:00 PM More reviews by christinecarl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this product and yes I do believe it is a really great moisturizer. I was afraid it would be too much for my combo skin but it did not cause me to break out at all!
But considering the price $$$$ there are many good creams out there with out the hefty price tag and they do just as good of job.