La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

on 4/30/2002 7:48:00 AM

EXCELLENT product! I just bought my 3rd bottle today:) Well, I gave a rating of 5 because it's really effective...at least for me:) It helps to fade away those ugly blemishes marks & scars on my cheeks! But don't expect overnite results, give this creme some time to perform...
As for why I gave a rating of 4 for price...its because the result is really worth the money and there are even more expensive products out there...for a moisturizer!:) But La Mer is more than a moisturizer..it's a MIRACLE! Thanx Max Huber gals...

on 4/24/2002 5:55:00 PM

I received a sample of this and I tried it on my dry areas only. It is nice under my eyes but after a few days caused those monster zits that I heard people say they experienced from this under my skin. I am actually happy to say that I don't like this so I won't have to spend the $$.

on 4/17/2002 12:02:00 AM

Ahhh, the product that started it all. It's no wonder that Creme de la Mer has such a cult following. What other product does such wonders for the skin? I apply it only to the dry areas of my combination skin and to my neck. I have gotten tons of compliments about my skin since I started using it. It's pricey ($165 for 2 oz) but worth every penny.

on 4/13/2002 7:35:00 PM

Sooooo expensive, and I didn't get my desired results with this. Way too heavy and greasy (even for my dry face in the winter!) it didn't really leave behind any moisturization. It just sits there like Crisco until the next time I wash my face! I tried it on my body too, and I didn't like it there either. It also has a bit of a weird generic lotion-y smell that I can't stand.

on 4/13/2002 6:24:00 PM

I wanted to love this cream. I received it as a gift this Christmas and was so excited. I used it for a few months and at first it broke me out. After my skin got used to it the break outs stopped but my skin was still too dry. I took special care to use it correctly so it just doesn't work for me personally. I do know many who love this cream and it works great for them. I wish it worked for me.

For the price, this cream did not do much!!

on 4/3/2002 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

After hearing raves about this face cream for years I finally broke down one day and bought the 1 ounce jar. Even after I ordered it - I couldn't believe I would ever pay $95 for any cosmetic! I never even buy department store moisturizers. The jar came - I was afraid to open it. I prayed that all the glorious claims by others was just their imagination, shallow people who are easily seduced by advertising (unlike me of course). I followed the directions, made sure I emulsified the cream between my fingers so that it wouldn't sit on my face like crisco (now that description was a real turn off!). When I woke up the next morning I touched my face and it was softer than I have ever felt it as an adult. I have only been using this for 5 days but already my really soft skin looks younger and the lines around my (fortyish) eyes are diminishing. This cream is something miraculous. Now I have hatched a plan to talk 9 of my sisters, girlfriends, co-workers or neighbors into getting addicted to this cream so we can buy the giant size bottle for $1000. At that rate the price will come down to around $60 an ounce. I won't rest until I have another ounce sitting in a cupboard to spare.

on 4/2/2002 12:05:00 PM

This wasn't good as an all-over treatment for me, I'm too prone to blemishes. This worked great as an eye cream though! This was just too rich and heavy and I got a lot of whiteheads from using it, but it did help clarify my skin and slightly fade some acne scars.

on 3/20/2002 2:31:00 PM

I so wanted to love this product. It broke me out in places on my face that I didn't think I could even break out. I'm going back to Mario Badescu healing cream...it has the sea emollints in it too and is 75% less expensive.

on 3/10/2002 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using a deluxe sample size for several weeks now and am pleased with the results. My skin is, by nature, very sensitive, blotchy and delicate. This cream has drastically reduced the redness enough that I don't even have to coat my face with concealer anymore! It's smoothed out the rough spots on my face, and feels very soothing going on. I have eczema, and am delighted that this product has been effective on my skin. It smells pleasant, too. As long as I "warm it up" first, it smooths on nicely and does exactly what it should do. Love it!