BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

1983 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 5/15/2012 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Considering the price for this mascara, it wasn't worth it. I thought I would try it out since I had been using Bad Gal from Benefit, and loved it, but They're Real did not impress me as much. It did lengthen my lashes, but since I already have long lashes, I was looking for something for volume. If you need a mascara to lengthen then I suppose this would be a good buy but other then that, it's not that great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really really like this mascara. No clumps, no smudges, and it lasts all day. In general, the mascara really does what it says. But it's so pricey! I bought the smaller travel size at Sephora to give it a go. If Benefit ever knocked down the price, this would be a makeup must-have for me.

on 5/15/2012 12:11:00 AM

I picked up a travel-size tube of this mascara in line at Sephora a little while ago, pretty much entirely on impulse as I waited to check out. I wasn't too sure what to expect, as I have a 'meh' relationship with a lot of Benefit products--some of them are great, but a lot are just mediocre. I succumbed to the hype though, and I took this home and gave it a shot. Anyway, I tried this out with my Diorshow Maximizer for kicks and giggles, and WHOOOOOA DOCTOR! Very impressive results. A good amount of volume and a whole lot of length in one coat, which is a lot considering I have short, straight lashes. I really like the formula, which is somewhat wet, because it's easy to hit all of my lashes with minimal effort. It lasts well, and doesn't leave raccoon eyes on me like Bad Gal, so hooray! It also brushes out easily without flaking if I've gone overboard and need to take a clean wand to it to get some clumps out. On that note, it can clump if you go for more than one coat. I don't find I need more than the initial application, though, so I'm not down-rating for that. It does dry out a bit over time, but not more than any other mascara. One thing I'm not the biggest fan of is the brush- the little ball of bristles at the end tends to accumulate a lot of product that can get everywhere if I don't blot it off with a tissue. It seems kind of useless to me, to be honest, so lippie off for that one. The price of the full size is on the higher end, but we're not talking Guerlain prices or anything, so I can't much complain. Overall, I think I would buy again when I have the scratch. Definitely would recommend as well.

on 5/14/2012 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Excellent product - it adds length and volume without clumpiness. I particularly like the brush shape, which is fantastic for getting the little corner lashes! Will definitely buy again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara is pretty good. It gives great volume and length without smudging or clumping. The only thing I didn't like was the price! M.A.C mascaras, which work much better are only 15 dollars! And this one is a whopping $22! It isn't worth the price. Also, a much better mascara would be the maybelline falsies or one by one which sell for $4-6. BIG DIFFERENCE from 4 to 22. i would say get the mac or maybelline.

on 5/12/2012 7:06:00 PM

Wow my thoughts on this mascara have changed. When i first bought this mascara i really liked the length. So after i tossed it in my makeup drawer and decided to reach for it again. The length doesnt look so amazing like it did when i first got it. IMO a drugstore mascara does way more than this does.
It doesnt give any volume whatsoever so if u want volume, then just forget about this mascara. Save your money, and buy a drugstore mascara.

on 5/9/2012 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Its so interesting to read how different products work for different people. I just tried the Too Faced Better than False Lashes Nylon Lash Extension System. Despite all the good reviews, I HATED it. Its in my purse at this very moment to be returned.
...
However, I absolutely LOVE Benefit's They're Real Mascara! Stays on all day, no flaking at all, and gives my lashes ridiculous length and a good amount of volume. Plus, when I put it on, my lashes feel normal. Not at all gunky or coated or textured, like other products have done. And despite not being waterproof, it doesn't smudge one bit, even when washing off. In fact, it kind of just breaks apart and washes away, almost like the tube mascaras out there. This is nice for those days that I don't use eye makeup remover because all I have on is mascara. Also good for impromptu rain showers with no umbrella, unexpected tears, or last minute beach/pool plans. The lack of raccoon eyes in all those instances is a phenomenal benefit (ha!).
...
I uploaded a pic if anyone wants to see my results. I have decently long lashes with minimal curl. I don't use an eyelash curler at all though. In my pic, I'm wearing the mascara on both top and bottom lashes, 2 coats.
...
EDIT: I forgot to list the one con to this mascara. It dries out quickly. After a couple weeks I realized there was almost no product on the brush anymore. I solved this with about 2-3 drops of water added to the container. Inverted it a couple times and it was good to go and like new the next morning.

on 5/8/2012 4:52:00 PM

Absolute disaster.

on 5/5/2012 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Only a great mascara if you have a lot of time to fiddle with your lashes. I have mixed feelings about this mascara. At first I hated it because my lashes were so clumpy and it takes the curl right out of them. On the other it does last a long time (I was nervous since it wasn't waterproof, but it stays on) and with two coats provides long, thick, dark lashes, just need to run a lash comb through them several times to separate the lashes. With only one coat it doesn't seem like my lashes are very thick. I'm bummed that if I curl my lashes before applying it will straighten them out instantly. I use a heated curler now after I apply mascara and that helps. All in all, it looks good after a lot of work, but since it takes so much time and is expensive I doubt I'll be buying it again.

Update: I continued to use the mascara since I had already purchased it, but when it started to run out I went back to my old tried and true brand and quickly remembered why I loved my old one so much: long, thick, dark lashes that hold a curl. I definitely won't buy They're Real again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ok, so this is only the second day of me wearing this mascara, but I can't see me wearing it on the third. Firstly, I love the wand. Its medium sized and is not too big. Love the packaging. But that is were it ends. The formula is horrible, it gives me panda eyes after about 4 hours, and I cannot do more than one coat or I get spider look lashes - not good! And its really hard to get off. Oh, I wish I could return this but I don't think I can :o( What a waste of money........it was around 17 but I think the Collection 2000 5 mascara is 100 times better.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products