November 22, 2014 | 1704 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by spookymoon

love love love this! gives me proper black long full eyelashes with a baeutiful curl that lasts ALL DAY. the only negative i have is that i could get caught in a tsunami, go swimming then take a shower in makeup remover and it still wouldnt budge. no mascara needs 2 b this waterproof!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by SophieKitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've never liked a mascara enough to write a review, and I've tried so many drugstore and department store versions. I want a specific result from mascara (which is probably why I'm often disappointed): A long, full, separated fan of eyelashes that retain a curl. Oh, and NO clumps or long yet thin, spider lashes. In other words, Im looking for the look of falsies without having to hassle with the things. This mascara over my Sheseido primer (the new formula) gets me as close to that look as I've ever been. They look amazing, and my eyes just pop! AND it lasts through the day and evening without flaking. I'm so happy that I didn't waste my money - again. I completely understand that others may not be wowed by this product, because I've had a lot of disappointments with highly rated mascaras. I had noticed this mascara a few times prior to purchasing, but it looked so gimmicky... If I hadn't noticed the SA's lashes at Sephora and asked her what she uses, I would have never bothered. This one is worth a shot! I may even splurge on the Diorshow primer now that I know I won't be wasting money on failed mascaras for a while. **EDIT 12/22** It has been a few weeks and I did buy the Diorshow primer for comparison. It could very welly be my lashes, but the Sheseido primer wins with the "They're Real," hands down. I'll have to get into primer reviews separately, but the Diorshow didn't add that same wow factor that I described above...It's all so frustratingly hit or miss, but this Benefit mascara + the Sheseido is still my ultimate combo for a more dramatic look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was disappointed when I applied the first coat of this mascara, but once the second coat went on - wow! Looked great! I have fairly long and thick eyelashes anyway, and to be honest I really don't think it is worth nearly 20. I get a cheap mascara from the market for 3 which has the same look.
It is also quite liquidy and I find that it takes ages to dry on my lashes, and flicks onto my cheeks. It doesn't take long to dry on skin though, so then I have black spots I need to get rid of.
Generally I don't like spending a lot on mascara anyway, and as I was disappointed with Benefits BadGal mascara, I don't think I would buy this one again either.
EDIT: I have been using this more, and feel a bit stupid. I don't generally curl my lashes as it is a faff and my lashes are long anyway, but when I did - wow! It really made a difference! So I have changed my review, I would buy again, but would ensure I curl prior to application for best results.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by jenniferhearts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It looks like I'm wearing false lashes with this on! Very long and curled up. It doesn't smudge or wear off, either. The lashes feel fake, not soft and real. I do like that it makes my lashes stand out, but I use 100 percent pure mascara to make my lashes look real and soft.

Update: This mascara lasted from 9 am to 8 pm today and still looked great. There was a little gray on one undereye, but was easy to fix with my finger and pretty good for 11 hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by eileenbean5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I researched this product for WEEKS until I finally purchased it, for I am a student on a budget. I read many bad reviews for this product, and as my observation, it seems the product really only works for people with straight to slightly curled lashes. With people with really curly lashes seem to be very disappointed by this product. I would have to say, I really like this product. It curls, darkens, lengthens, and illuminates my eyes. Great investment.

UPDATE: Smudges, smudges, smudges!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by styrch

I adore this mascara! It does take some getting used to (hence the 4 and not 5 stars), but it's pretty fantastic. When I put this only lashes they look fuller and longer. The brush has the wand of a regular brush with a bushy end. I find the end beneficial for touching up - and for dispersing clumps should any occur. This mascara is particularly awesome on lower lashes. Each lash is defined and you won't look like a racoon after a few hours of wear. You can wear it over other mascaras as well to make the effect even greater.

Note to the new user: The wand does take some getting used to and you may think it's a clumpy mascara while you get used to it. Don't pump your mascara wand in the tube. Use the end of the brush to smooth excess. You'll be fine!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by rallu

It clumps, the bigger bristles at the tip of the brush are scary to use in the inner corner of the eye, doesn't give me any false lash effect and it's hard to remove. Returned it...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by ljsamora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best mascara I have ever used, and I've used them all. It make my lashes long separated my eyes look amazing! LOVE LOVE LOVE benefit they're real mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by maxylove34

I was really excited about buying this mascara. I waited until I used up whatever mascara I had so I could purchase this without as much guilt. It is double the price or more of most of the drugstore mascaras I use. There were so many great reviews that I seriously couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I am sad to report that I am really disappointed with this product. The first couple of times I wore it my eyes stung like no other! I generally have sensitive eyes but this took the cake. I could barely open my eyes but as soon as i took the product off I felt relief. Figuring that it could be allergies or something else I waited a week before I tried it again. The next time I put it on it worked alright. The mascara lengthened, gave my lashes a little volume, and held a decent curl. I have only had this product for a month and it has already dried up! I can barely get anything out of the tube and when I do it just clumps up on my lashes or makes my lashes stick together. This is the first and last time I waste my money on a high end mascara. I generally love Benefit products so this truly was disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by mignondee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a BN tube of this in a swap and boy am I glad that I chose this to swap for!!! I absolutely love this mascara!!! It is the best that I have ever used, and I have used many. It surely knocks the Falsies out of the window (I don't see what all of the fuss is about over that crap) and I have not picked up my Rimmel Lash Accelerator since getting this. I really gives my lashes that false look without all of the clumping. When I am finished with the mascara, I am going to keep the brush because it's awesome! I will purchase this again!!!!