December 19, 2014 | 1613 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's not a bad mascara- if you're looking for length and definition. You don't get much volume, and it doesn't hold a curl very well. Also- this is a very wet formula- seems like it took a long time for it to dry, and even then, lashes were still pliable and flexible (which may be a good thing, IDK). I'll use it until it's gone, but there are so many mascaras out there, I have yet to buy a mascara more than once, with the exception of a few. No complaints here, just nothing amazing :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by fromstarstuff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have super sensitive eyes and can't wear just any mascara. Most of them make my eyes burn and turn red, and I get all red and irritated if it touches my skin. I like for my lashes to look dark and full, so I decided to give They're Real a try.

First off, I really like the bottle. Packaging isn't usually a huge deal for me (most of my makeup is in little jars, after all), but the shiny bottle is cute to me. The mascara doesn't have an off-putting smell like other brands I've tried. It goes on nice and black and stays that way. I really like that the mascara doesn't crumble off, and it stays put if I get sweaty or tear up. It does take a good bit of cleansing to get it off, though. I am able to remove it with my normal apricot oil, but I really have to work at it with my fingers for a while. I think if I tried to use a wipe/towelette, I'd end up losing lashes. It does take a minute for the mascara to "set", though, so I'm able to wipe off any that I accidentally get on my face without a problem.

The only thing I don't like is that an eyelash comb is pretty much mandatory. One coat is fine for every day wear, but when I want more of a falsies look, I have to use a second coat. The mascara makes my lashes very stiff, so a second coat is really hard to apply. If I do, I start getting spidery. If I run a comb through my lashes immediately after the first coat, it's a little bit better, but once that dries, there's no getting anything to remove the clumps. If it weren't for that, I'd rate it a 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Natalya121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive eyes and don't usually wear mascara anymore but I bought into the hype after having it applied at a counter and decided to purchase. I've worn it everyday for over 2 months and have had no irritation, even after long days at work.
I curl my lashes 2 or 3 times before applying as this does make my curl drop. I dab the end of the brush on a tissue before applying else it tends to clump. I only apply one coat, it lengthens and gives delicate volume if I apply a second it tends to flake alot and clumps easily. The brush is large so application is quick but sometimes painful if applying first thing in the morning, the bristles are long and tend to jab my eyes.
It's a lovely mascara which has lasted longer than I expected. It started drying out ofter about 6 weeks so I'm quite pleased. It will be my go to work mascara for the forseeable future.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2012 4:28:00 AM More reviews by mya2403

Much prefer bad gal mascara. This just didn't work for me a waste of 18.50
I ended up throwing mine away.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by mandy1luv

I spent about a month debating whether i should get this or not. I finally gave in and got it. Honestly what sold me was the packaging. It is so pretty. BUT the brush hurts! Its too hard. And it only gives length and no volume. Maybe ill try layering it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not bad. Not the best. Definitely not the worst. Not worth the price though. I didn't find it as budge-proof as others said (see CG 24 Hour for budgeproofness!).. it still smudged for me but then I use pure Shea Oil on my face. It lengthened, curled and gave volume.. and was easy to layer on. But the price is ridiculous and you're better off w/ Maybelline WP One-by-One or Falsies Flared WP... waaaaay cheaper with good results.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by sportienana

This product made my eyelashes really clumpy and irritated them. It's not a bad mascara, just not the one for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by xoxolove

I like how it makes your lashes really long, but it doesn't give make it look thicker, which is why I placed in only 4 stars. This mascara definitely does not run, which is what I have had to deal with before. I would recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by kameelah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BeneFit products are super expensive so thankfully I received a free sample instead.

Pros:
- Very Pigmented
- Holds a decent curl

Cons:
- Hard to build once dry
- Painfully hard brush!!
- unnaturally looking

Overall, I definitely would not buy a full size version of the product. It hurt the rims of my eyes too much to even apply and the ending look just didn't look full, separated, or natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by hannahr20

I needed a new mascara & after seeing this one I couldn't resist, the packaging is very appealing & it claimed to lengthen, volumise & curl the eyelashes. I purchased it with an open mind because I have bought mascaras in the past which are pretty rubbish.
I can not fault this mascara at all.. I absolutely love it! It gives me full thick eyelashes that lifts and curls them.
Can't rate this mascara any higher, will definitely be buying it again & has now become my favourite!