BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

1969 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 4/30/2012 7:18:00 AM

When i bought this mascara for the very first time, i absolutely loved it. It lengthened and curled my lashes beautifully and it lasted long without clumping, anyway i felt it was somewhat sticky before it completely dries. But, after a month or so, it started to get clumpy and it didn't last so long before it smudged under my eyes and it did not curl my lashes like it did before.
Anyway it still makes my lashes jet black, just as it says.
Despite these negative sides I like this mascara best than other mascaras aviable in my country's drugstores.

on 4/29/2012 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I told the salesgirl at sephora I wanted 'eyelashes like a doll.' I usually use diorshow, and love it, but I tried this and adore it. It separates, lengthens, and overall gives the effect I was liking for. I recommend it.

I'd be very careful with this mascara if I were you. You can't build and build like you do with most mascaras without making yourself look like an absolute idiot with dangly spider leg eyes. One coat is more than enough! I'm giving it four lippies because I really don't like the fact that it clumps so easily.

**EDIT**
I actually really like this product now that I've experimented with it for a few days. At first I was getting really clumpy horrible looking eyelashes, and as time went on I realized where I was going wrong - I was using an eyelash curler before hand. Now my eyelashes are quite long anyway and I guess using this mascara and an eyelash curler was just far too much. I found using just the mascara on it's own gave me a really nice natural looking lash which is what I was looking for to begin with. So it's a very nice mascara after all. Oops!

on 4/26/2012 10:46:00 AM

This is a very good mascara and I will most likely purchase again, but I do have a few issues with it.

Good points:
- Great formula that lasts for hours and does not smudge or run.
- Gives excellent length and definition.
- Wand is good for 'catching' those hard to reach inner corner lashes and bottom lashes.
- Curl seems to last a long time.

Bad points:
- Dries out quickly (at it's best for first four weeks)
- Too much mascara transfers onto the wand so some gets wasted.
- Not good for creating volume.
- I would only recommend this to seasoned mascara users because the spikes on the brush can be painful and cause irritation, if you apply in a hurry.
- Doesn't leave lashes is a good condition,

on 4/25/2012 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really loved this product when i first bought it , i really made my eyelashes look so much longer and was getting compliments on how pretty my eyes looked ever since i used and i still do, i seperated my eyelashes and made them look so much longer and evenly spaced out. However i noticed when i first too the wand out the product was almost gloopy and it seemed to me that there was just a little to much on the wand which worked well for my top lashed but even without dipping it back in the tube it still made my bottom lashes really clumpy and left blobs or marcara on my bottom lashes, i wears great throughout the day although even if i wanted a little touch up it was impossible as after you put it on the mascara turns rock hard on your eyelashes. Towards the end of the day though i noticed my eyelashes start to all clump together into maybe 3 or 4 big clumpy eyelashes and would actually be sore to touch , it is very difficult to remove and often pulled out some of my eyelashes, ive also noticed that i have had this for moth and half to about 2 months and it has almost completley dried out, overall i would recomend you stay away from it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this last week in Sephora. And oh my god, I love this mascara! It somehow transforms my eyelashes and they become much longer and voluminous. It is a little more expensive than my regular mascara brands, but I think it's totally worth it. Finally I found my favorite mascara!

on 4/25/2012 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have had a strange experience with this product!

It was put on me by a Benefit SA at Selfridges about a week before the actual launch. I wasn't really interested in the product - but thought i'd let her try it on me - what could i lose? When i looked in the mirror after she'd put it on i was like wow!! My brother even noticed my lashes looked different - he was out shopping with me. Then when i got home my mum asked if i had false lashes on!! I thought damn i'm gonna get me some of this!!!

When i got the product and used it myself i was not overly impressed - i just couldn't get that look that the SA did. Anyway, i pursued and have gotten to love it. I can only use this on my upper lashes as if i put it on my lower lashes i have deposits under my eyes. Normally i would stop using a mascara that i could only use on my upper lashes but i do love this on my upper lashes!

The trick for me is to wiggle gently from left to right whilst brushing upwards so the curl holds. I apply this quite slowly to get the result i want. I only use one coat for daytime use and then another one for going out/occassions.

I am really happy and find that i don't get the spridery look which i loathe. I try to repurchase when there is 10% off beauty at Debenhams.

on 4/24/2012 10:19:00 PM

Absolutely hated this mascara. I normally stray away from rubber type spike brushes, but I ran out of my favourite mascara (FRESH Supernova) and didn't want to drive 40 minutes to my nearest Sephora. Long Story short, I'm sad I wasted 28$. The formula is terrible and the brush only adds to the fiasco. It makes my lashes look clumpy and spidery and just not cute. I have long lashes that I usually don't need to use a curler but with this mascara the formula is so heavy that it almost makes my lashes heavy and I need to use a curler. Formula (or brush, I'm not sure which) makes layering the mascara next to impossible unless you're into that spidery-I-have-only-four-clumped-lashes look, which I'm not. All-in-all don't waste your money on this one ladies.

on 4/18/2012 8:08:00 PM

Old review!!!!! Update below!
There is only one bad thing bout this, it's very tuff to remove. I use Mac pink colored eye makeup remover or lumene from sweden(drug store). Besides that..

Does not flake onto my cheeks!
Very black!
I like the consistency.
I don't like it with a primer( Lancôme) it's yucky and clumpy with that.
Drys fast, so don't give your lashes 20 coats, it willard it worse.
I do like 5 coats

Update!!!!!

After using this awhile, I had to stop, it's too heavy, hard time getting off my lashes, I felt I was loosing lashes like crazy trying to get the tar off. But this product does deliver! Just not every day! I use illamasqua raven now, which I love on my 3rd tube.

Xoxo. Kitty

on 4/18/2012 5:39:00 PM

I can't seem to get the dramatic effects others get from this mascara. I got this because my friend posted a picture of how crazy her lashes looked with this. Not only does it not do much for my lashes, it smudges and i get racoon eyes. Nope...wont buy again. I've tried others that cost less and dont smudge and add volume. This product is over hyped.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products