September 20, 2014 | 1856 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Senikxy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used this on and off for a week.. One reason is I nearly gave up on it but I wasn't
going to be defeated! As you
are probably aware by other
reviewers, this product
doesn't like to be layered...

Well I think I might have
overcome that.. Here's my
lashes routine.. One eye first..
Curl with shu, Shi base..
Don't wait for base to try,
apply TR zigzag, brush out,
use spiky end to apply more
and lift lashes, dip brush and
repeat.. Work steady and
quick.. Repeat other eye...
Now eyelashes don't have the
same thickness as my max
factor fusion but with fusion you can layer and layer
without probs.. Anyway, I find
once TR has dried I can add
more mascara by pushing
brush onto lashes and a
gentle zigzag, then just kinda roll
the brush on tips of lashes..
Voila!! I find it doesn't hold a
curl.. Tried using curler
once dried but OMG due to the sticky feel the curler stuck
hard on lashes... Luckily I
didn't lose lashes.. But I must
stress this mascara cannot be
used with curler!! Still I
found I could lift lashes with
finger so not too bad.. Think
it's on parr with fusion
although I was nearly ready to
throw in bin! But I didn't give up! Yes a lot of work just
to apply mascara but maybe I will become an expert.. I will
buy again, I think lol..
Just be prepared to have
patience, you will either love it or hate it ;)
Edit: used up second tube within 2 months... Well it dried up and turned crap!! Too expensive too buy once a month.. My second one dried up after 2 weeks?? What's that all about.... Starts to leave little blobs of mascara on the end of lashes.. Noticed eyelashes are falling out! Not too sure about this now. May have staying power but because of the sticky rubbery texture lashes stick together if touched even hrs later.. Onto loreal volume million lashes.. Great stuff! Got colossal and trying that soon.
Will not be buying they're real again but least I tried it for 2 months and wasted 37 :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by babeshka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have pretty good lashes to begin with.I am only using it for my upper.This mascara is nothing special,smudging in 4 hours. It's ok ,let me put it that way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

I would score this a 4.5 if i could BUT it is worth the 5 lippies so what the heck! I have heard about this mascara, but not enough to make me wanna go out an buy it. I was too happy sticking with my HG Max Factor False Lash Effect so idnt really think about it much. Until yesterday. I was walking round Debenhams at the Trafford Centre waiting for my hubby and daughter to come back from a show in the food area, and I stumbled across this at the Benefit counter. The SA came over and promptly launched into all the details of this mascara. I was then asked if I wanted to try it, well itd be rude not to! The SA did one eye first and showed me the difference and it was VERY noticable. She did the other and I just thought, I GOTTA have it!!!! I was a bit hesitant about the 18 price tag but thought I gotta do it.
This morning I tried it properly and it was amazing! About 4 coats of this stuff and my lashes were full and long and looked so defined it was amamzing!!! Now, the reason i wanted to score it 4.5 is the texture. Its rather different than anything Ive used before. As others have mentioned, its almost sticky. BUT this wont be an issue once youve used it, BELIEVE ME! The brush is amazing and coats the lashes perfectly, and the end "spikes" help reach the most awkward of outer and inner lashes!!!! Ive had comments on my lashes today and feel great!!!! Another plus point is there is no flaking (due to "sticky" texture), no smudging and no afternoon panda eyes!!! This really is worth the price tag. This is now my HG mascara without a shadow of a doubt!

EDIT: OK, after a month of wearing this, I have to say its NOT my HG. Ive noticed that after an hour or so of wearing this, I have "lower lash smudges" under my eyes, which is a pet hate of mine. So I have taken off a lippy for that.

EDIT 2: After a second month of wearing it I have noticed the initial amazing results have long gone! I HATE this mascara!!! This mascara no longer lengthens like it did those first few times, impossible to build volume as the formula seems to have thickened so it clumps. Also, if you even knock your eyelashes they stick together!!! Im back to my original HG mascara, Max Factor False Lashe Efeect Fusion, and Im wondering why i even bothered straying!
Dont waste your money on this, its blatent hype is nowt more then propaganda!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by geekybabe91

Oh nelly I really love this mascara. HG for me most defiantly. Lifts, separates, adds volume. Will buy over and over and over again

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by cassandrabecky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was a sucker for the advertising of this product. I dished out the $30 cdn and while I like it, it is a good mascara, I can honestly get the same results with Maybelline Falsies. Very gimmicky product for mediocre results.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by reneek74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Meh. I bought this because I got my brows waxed for free at Benefit, and decided to treat myself to a new mascara. Typically, I wear tarte's LCL (LOVE), but decided to cheat on it with this little number. It was the brush that got me. I have to admit, I do like the brush; I like how you can access your inner corners of lashes super easy. What I don't like is the formula. It was clumpy, and it was leaving little black dots under my eyes. One coat too much (ie: 2 coats!) will leave you spidery, chunky lashes. No thanks. For the cost ($$) not worth it, but I'll use this for 3 months just to not let it go to waste, and then go back to my tarte LCL.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by LLBsb4ever

Normally I buy the CG LashBlast Fusion, but I had seen so much buzz around the internet about this mascara, and then it kept staring me in the face from the cash wrap at Ulta, so I finally snagged one of the last tubes in stock at Sephora last week. I like it a lot. I have pretty average lashes in terms of length and thickness, I think. They are stick straight though. I never leave the house without curled lashes covered in mascara. I can't say if it curls or lifts at all since I've only used it with a curler, but it doesn't make them straighter! It does give them some length, but for me I don't think it does a whole lot in the volume department. The brush for me is very easy to use, including the tip (I'm a previous Lancome Fatale fan though so I'm up to a challenging wand). It's a nice dark black, which is great for most. I think it would be nice if they brought it out in brown for fairer blondes and redheads though. The tube itself is ugly, but it does the job so no complaints! I was perfectly happy paying $7 a tube for CG LashBlast, but I might have to push myself to keep using this because it really is great!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by mrscassizzlesparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this mascara will be great for someone who has fuller lashes to start out with. I have fine lashes that are on the shorter side, and while this mascara *does* make them look a mile long, it does nothing for volume which is what I really need.
I've worn this mascara every day for 2 weeks and the pointed tip of the wand does nothing but make clumps worse. I've watched a handful of tutorials on making the tip work, and it does nothing for me.
The good thing about this mascara is that it does last all day and I can wear it when I workout and I don't look like a hot mess afterward. I also noticed a small amount of curl and lift with this mascara, without curling my lashes prior to application.
All in all, I would say that this is a good mascara, but for me it's not great. I'll use up the rest of my tube for everyday occasions, but at $20+ a pop, I won't buy this one again. I can get the same amount of length PLUS volume with Fairydrops for a similar price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Lisa71

I'm a mascara junkie I'm always looking for bigger and better when it comes to mascara and lashes!! My faves are Dior Show, Lancome Def, and a combo of Loreal Telescopic with Collagen Volume. Still I always stray to experiment with new mascaras. I got this free from Sephora and I love it!! They said it took three years to come up with this who knew mascara science was so complicated. This really makes my lashes look incredible and fake in a good way.My lashes naturally curl up so no need to curl before I apply but if you do curl before the effect is stunning. My lashes are average length and not that thick. When I put this on it's like instant doll eyes. Just wish it werent so expensive. I would definatey buy again if I had the money because for me this works really well. Be prepared because if this mascara works for you people will think you have fake lashes so the name is appropriate

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For all the Asian ladies with our cursed stubby, downward facing lashes, this is not the solution. This only looks the way it claims if you are already blessed with relatively long, full lashes. I have seen it look wonderful on my friends, but on me, it's a hot mess. It clumps, does next to nothing for curl, volume, and length. Many drugstore mascaras have performed better for me for half the price.

So if you have difficult lashes, I would say stay away from this. However, if your lashes are already long and pretty, this will really give you the "oomph" that will make them look like falsies.

Only upside is that the staying power is amazing. Didn't smudge or flake on me at all, comes off when I want to take it off. However, a lot of drugstore mascaras can do this too (ie. CG lashblast), so I'll be sticking to those. "They're Real" is a miss for me.