BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2058 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 9/4/2012 4:03:00 PM

I've bought this product twice and I do love it. However it is a giant pain in the butt to wash off so I don't use it often. The formula can be a bit clumpy, but it's worth the money for someone who does have small lashes and can't reach them, the wand is amazing. But I look for more volume, and this just gives me a lot of length. It's a great product and even though there are cons, it's way better than most drugstore mascara and I think a lot of people can agree on that.

I adore this mascara. I am a girl in high school, and my parents aren't big fans of really theatrical makeup (They prefer the natural look and so do I) and this mascara is perfect for that. It makes my eyelashes ridiculously long and opens up my eyes. People often tell me what beautiful eyelashes I have, and say that they wish they had nice enough eyelashes to not wear mascara. :). Anyways, the mascara, I adore it. It hardly ever clumps and you can add quite a few coats for something extra (like going out somewhere nicer). If i experience clumps I just wiggle the brush a bit before taking a long stroke across with the wand and BAM they are gone.
This is one of the best mascaras I have used. Well worth the price I paid. :)

on 8/30/2012 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

So I have the most obnoxious lashes ever. They don't curl, they have no length and there's not too many of them. So you can tell I need to get a lot out of a mascara. I have tried lots, mostly drugstore ones which work out okay but nothing wonderful. I heard a lot about this mascara on youtube and I figured I would give it a try. I purchased it at my ULTA store, and it cost 23 dollars which isn't as expensive as the YSL mascara I wanted but a little more than the drugstore ones I had tried. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I'm not impressed at all.The name "They're Real" kind of makes you think that they are going to give you glamorous lashes like you would get from wearing fake lashes. I'm not a fake lash person at all but I do like the dramatic, plush, dark look for my lashes. The formula is okay, it's not really clumpy but there's not much to it either. The wand is kinda chubby with spikes all around it and has no fibers. It DID give me the illusion of having more lashes and making them thicker but it did NOT lengthen them or curl them from what I could see. It doesn't do what you would expect it too. I think if you have long lashes already it would work a lot better but I have quite pathetic lashes so I needed a lot more out of it. I will continue to use it up because it's not a horrible product, just not impressive. I often find myself skipping mascara because I just forget about it. On the plus side, the packaging is really nice! Very simple, not too big. It doesn't take up a lot of room in my makeup bag. Overall, I don't love or hate this mascara, it's okay but I definitely won't repurchase it again.

on 8/29/2012 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Meh... that's the first thought that comes to mind about this mascara. The formula is a bit on the wet side and while it applies well, it does have a tendency to make my lashes stick and clump.
It does stay on during the day but I'm not impressed enough to consider buying a full tube.

on 8/28/2012 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Gorgeous, gorgeous mascara! It separates and lengthens wonderfully. I hated the Benefit BadGal mascara, but this one is amazing. I just wish it wasn't so expensive!!! The brush is really nice and the formula is lovely, does not clump. The only bad thing is that I do find it smudges a bit on the lower lash line throughout the day, but it's a really good mascara!

on 8/27/2012 12:11:00 AM

Best mascara Ive ever had! Even beats my old Dior show mascara. love it!! No flakiness really adds pop to my lashes Now here's the downside... for me it's a bit messy on application aside from that no complaints here

on 8/26/2012 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have tried so many different lengthening and volumizing eyelashes because I have very scant, light blond and short eyelashes. I figured I'd give this a try when I saw it in the "impulse buy" spot at Ulta. Now, I have a hard time paying $23 for a mascara at all, let alone one I'm not sure would be for me, but the fact that it came with a bonus mini, seemed like a good deal.

Down to business:

Pros: I LOVE the way my lashes look with this product on! LOVE! They look longer, especially if I touch up some of the outside areas with a little stroke up to stretch some of them even more. The packaging is durable, almost metal maybe? I like that the way things get banged around in my makeup bag sometimes. In general, this IS the best Benefit Mascara I've ever tried. I never understood the big deal over Bad Gal lash as it always clumped on me and didn't do good things for me.

Cons: The brush has an odd shape and is very stiff. This is good for having control when you're being very precise, but trust me when I say that the end is *very* sharp and hurts more than other brushes when you poke yourself with it. I often use makeup remover wipes before I wash my face and this mascara does NOT want to come off with my wipes. Just when I think I got it all, I wake up looking a bit like a raccoon. It's probably the price I will pay to have staying power during the day, but I like removal to be a little easier.

on 8/26/2012 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am totally IN LOVE with this product! My natural lashes are long and quite thick but this mascara always make them even longer and give 'cat-look'. It is wet when you start use it but the formula is great. And it is really black. LOVE! I would buy it again. But... the only minus is price of this product especially in Czech Republic :/

on 8/25/2012 10:41:00 AM

If you want really long lashes, thats the right mascara to use! It really lengthens a lot, a friend of mine even commented on it. What it doesnt do for me: volumise my lashes, which is a bit of a pity. Also, in some lighting, I have the feeling like the color is not as deep as Id like it to be, it seems a tiny little bit greyish sometimes. But still, Im satisfied with the look it gives, and it also lasts without flaking, the whole day. Good product. If I could, I would give 3,5 lippies. EDIT: After using it for a while now, I find it really frustratingly hard to remove. My two step cleansing approach with MAC Cleansing oil followed by a foaming cleanser doesnt get rid of even half the product, Im left with extreme panda-eyes if I dont additionally use an eye-makeup-remover. I find that really a bit too much effort. Also, sometimes it makes my lashes look a bit spidery. So, I change my opinion about a re-buy to no.

on 8/24/2012 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Best mascara I've tried so far (sorry The Falsies!) ! Separates my lashes perfectly, defines, lengthens & thickens! I have naturally curly lashes, so that's not a problem either. It's pretty expensive though. The only reason I bought it was because my dad decided to be generous and let me spend $300.

Video Reviews & Tutorials