April 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2007 1:04:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, first of all let me state I am a PT Clinique SA and could be fired for this review. I do NOT like this product. It clogged my pores, and gave me blackheads and turned my face into a grease slick. I don't mind the face wash and the clarifying lotions are fine, but this product I cannot and will not use. NOW, I sell this stuff and I know women who swear by it, but I can't in all good conscience say I like it, when I don't. I DO use alot of other Clinique products I DO love. But not this, they say they haven't changed this formula since it was invented, maybe they need too.

HUGE EDIT: I wrote the above review a few years ago before I totally understood DDML (SA shorthand for the product). This is a SKIN BALANCING moisturizer. It is NOT meant to be your moisturizer for wrinkle fighting or super hydrating or whatever. You put this on directly after you complete the first 2 steps to put the balance of oil and water back to proper levels in the skin. Your skin should immediately absorb the product w/o any residue on the skin. THEN you apply your serum (if you use one) and then your ancilliary moisturizer (the one that does all the work). I do this routine everyday and at 49 have eventoned soft skin. Also, I only use this product during the winter months, when my skin is dryer, I use the DDMG (Gel formula) in summer when my skin tends to be slightly oilier.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2007 9:23:00 AM More reviews by MissBehaviour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product broke me out dramatically (excuse the pun), in fact my skin suffered the worst reaction from this than from any other skin product I have ever tried. I have sensitive, dry skin and was attracted to this by the claims that it is perfume-free and good for sensitive skin. I can only advise others to steer clear of this or try several tester bottles before shelling out for it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by aquariusa

Oh, the all time classic clinique yellow lotion that claims to be great for everyones skin..some clinque counter ladies even tout it as a "miracle lotion". Now if it only worked on me or most of the people that have reviewed it!! I have been using this at night for the past two weeks...let me tell you what I wake up too. Huge pores on my cheeks (think orange peel skin), white heads and oil slicks all over my face!! Not pretty, with most other moisturizers I wake up with a fresh looking face but this one is an exception to the rule. For reference I'm combo acne prone and I need to moisturize at night or I tend to break out even more from dry skin. The only plus was that I didn't break out for this, but with so many other negatives it's oblivious. Also the price does not justify for this product ($31 cnd). I have used the Clinique 3 step system before though, although I did not use this moisturizer, the MA suggested another (moisture in control..see my review for that).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2007 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Sparkle76

I like it. Its a very basic moisturising lotion with no fragrance or silicones. It leaves my dry / senstive skin hydrated without any irritation or breakout.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2007 1:41:00 AM More reviews by barbiegirl62

It's okay. A little too greasy for me, but it did the job. Probably won't repurchase - it's better for those with drier skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2007 10:52:00 AM More reviews by glossy81

i really like this stuff, kind of surprised it doesnt get better reviews. but anyway, it works well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2007 10:47:00 AM More reviews by barbinez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really feel that this IS a wonderful product, but you have to have skin that is NOT oily or combination to use it. I see a lot of reviews complaining that it leaves their skin greasy. In that case I would recommend the Drammatically Different Moisturizing Gel. That's what I now use, and it's oil free so it's great for normal combo to oily skin.
    My mom works for Clinique, and she says the same thing: only use the Dramm. Different Lotion if you have dry skin and need a big moisture 'drink'. Otherwise, you will be using too much oil on your skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by beemoody

I've never purchased this but gotten it as part of the "free gifts" you have to spend like $30 to get from the Clinique counter. I have never understood what all the fuss was about - not sure what they think is dramatically different about it! I don't think it sinks into your skin. I feel like my skin stays greasy for hours afterwards. Keep in mind I've been trying this every now and then for YEARS and I still feel the same way, so this isn't for me. I have normal combination skin with few problems and I wouldn't use this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by heartyfarty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a total Clinique lover because I've used some of their products and they all work on me. I have n/d skin and the trick with this moisturizer is to pump out/dig out just a little and apply to the face quickly. A little bit goes a long way with this moisturizer. It does a great job at moisturizing for me and it leaves my skin soft and glowy...not oily, but glowy. I wouldn't recommend this for oily skinned MUAers because this can make you look overly glowy and thus, oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2007 9:51:00 AM More reviews by jadelowe

Its ok at moisturizing but left my skin greasy and shiny - Dont buy this rubbish