August 22, 2014 | 1650 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by jordana453

omg this stuff is awesome i have short thin lashes and it just gives them the boost they need! it kinda smells bad but who cares if it works get this it is amazing

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by lala08sk

I'd heard so many things about this mascara so when I bought it I didn't know what to expect. So now that I have finally tried it I can say that it isn't that amazing. To me it is just a regular mascara, it lenghtens and adds a little volumen like any other mascara would do. I think theres a problem in the wand. It isn't steady enough to coat the lashes properly to make them bigger and fuller as the ads states. And about the smell...I think it isn't that bad...or maybe I am used to it since I have 3 other Maybelline mascaras that smell the same. After all in my opinion this mascara is not bad nor amazing, it is just OK.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by jami2828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Horrible!Smells extremely bad, flakes, clumps, awkward wand, overall big disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by StarlightXx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ooh, I love this, it's my new HG!
I have thick yet kinda short lashes. I usually don't like Maybelline mascaras like Great Lash, but heard mixed things about this mascara so I decided to give it a try at least.
Love it!!! It lengthens, volumizes and just looks fab! I curl my lashes before hand. It doesn't flake unless I put it over another mascara and then touch it loads, but i don't do that so often anyway. No clumps in the formula and the brush is really good.
Definately one to try out at least. I still love my Max Factor False Lash Effect (like CG Lashblast apparently) but this gives more length :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by slstar

This mascara is excellent at defining, and is pretty decent at lengthening and volumizing. It actually seems to lengthen better than it volumizes, in my opinion. You HAVE to build layers though to get the most out of it, which can be tricky since product will gather at the tip of your lashes if you apply TOO many coats. If you take the time to work with it, it can be quite good. It's not as dramatic as YSL Faux Cils, but lasts at least double the time for a fraction of the cost. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by rtauschke2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Don't get sucked into the hype. This is just a standard mascara. The promises of 9x the volume and all that jazz arent true. It has a nice big round brush that really picks up and highlights all my lashes so they look thicker and longer. And it doesnt clump at all which is great. But it doesnt do anything more dramatic than that. Lasting power is very average indeed, I often come home at the end of the day to find I have no trace of it left on my lashes - something that never happens with other mascaras. It also has a tendency to flake somewhat. It has a very strong smell but after regular use I don't notice it anymore. Overall its OK but wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Hasmik19

Let me tell you something...THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS THAT I HAVE BOUGHT A DRUGSTORE MASCARA (after trying a friend's) AND BOUGHT IT AND will REPURCHASE! This is a phenomenal drugstore FIND! Please give it a try...previously I was using Estee Lauder Sumptuous (great one) but this is JUST AS GOOD. Forget Lancome, Dior, Mac...THIS MASCARA BEATS THEM ALL.

I have had about 4 different make up artists (at Sephora and Nordstrom) ask ME today if I'm wearing FALSE LASHES!!...I have never been asked that when wearing a more expensive brand-name mascara that claims that. just WOW. Even some celebrity make up artists have mentioned in magazines they think this is an amazing drugstore find and a keeper.

TRY IT. Just one tip: Use it for couple of days. I find that the first few days mascaras aren't that great but their "true" power comes out after several times of use. This is just my experience with all mascaras that I have owned.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by gammainme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very short lashes. Generally i purchase lancome ostilliation (sp?) but decided to try something cheaper- its not the best but i like it b/c it'll last me a few hours, doesn't clump, and actually separates my lashes. IMO quality fits the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by platinumdiamonds

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In my opinion this is a really good mascara, for me it took a little getting used to but I really like it. Incredible volume, decent length, good separation - I would definitely repurchase. The only con is that this mascara has a really weird smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by kaiaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

great formula! but if you buy this product don't turn it upside down becuase half my mascara dried in the top and i had none left