July 29, 2014 | 2138 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by tr20726p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had purchased this product because it was BOGO free at Walgreens, and was looking to substitute my exsiting mascara *Maybelline Voluminous* ...I think I purchased this mainly because it was on sale but the I think the price is way to high for a product that doesnt do wonders. My lashes are pretty long naturally, so I like a mascara that woud define them without being overly clumpy or fake looking. It also smells a bit wierd, like rose water. The first week I tried it, I didnt think it did much for my eyelashes, but as the weeks went on, it started to look a bit clumpier, so I would have to take a lil bit off and reapply. Its not TOO terrible, but I think other mascaras can do a better job.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2009 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Iep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I luv this mascara. Normally, I would never buy a mascara twice, because I like to try new ones. But not this time, it's perfect!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2009 7:58:00 AM More reviews by lilrach020

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hated it,

Like lash steletto contains a fragrance- rose like- puke!

Infact the scent is soo bad that i wash it off and it leaves my eyes irritated and slightly unconfortable, I prefer the effects provided by lash stiletto but found that the fragrance in that one irritated my eyes, so thought of giving this one a try....

lone behold- the same problem...

NEVER AGAIN...loreal here i comee!

xoxox

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by msbrown07

I love love love this. I've used black AND blackish brown and neither of them are too overpowering or too underwelming for my light features. They last for a long time without going clumpy and since my lashes are very curly, I need mascara to dry quickly. I hope this one stays around.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by queenleon18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i dont really understand why so many dislike this product, for a cheaper mascara, i think its really good. i've been wearing this everyday for the past few weeks since i stopped wearing the benefit bad gal (which gives me panda eyes). this is super long lasting, it does not crumble throughout the day. does not smudge. gives me volume and opens up my eyes. yeah it smells a bit like flowers but you dont notice that. who sniffs your eyelashes? it can be a bit clumpy if your not careful. but this is overall really good. would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by JaimeLeah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

After all the horrible reviews I've read I thought it would be much worse than it was. I got this as a gift and wouldn't have purchased it on my own but I'm glad I got to try it. I do get a lot of volume with this mascara but it clumps quite badly and I have to sacrifice a lot of length to get that volume. The brush is a huge improvement over other maybelline brushes and I actually like the bright yellow packaging that makes it easier to find in my makeup drawer. I would not purchase again however.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by whytefox101

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I initially loved this mascara..easy to apply, built up well. Also had people asking what mascara I was using as it did what it said it would. However I had noticed every time I used this mascara my eyes would not stop watering and I had itchy eyelids. Definitely had to stop using this as I was reacting to it badly. I really wanted to be able to use a value mascara but I will be returning to my usual Dior and Chanel as neither of these give my eyes a bad reaction. After all they are your eyes!!. also it does have a rather nasty chemical smell, bit scary actually.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by heyheykk13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this mascara! Its the only mascara i use. I have at least 15 mascaras this is by far the best! It make my lashes super long and beautiful. My friends are always telling me how jealous they are of my eyelashes. It doesn't flake at all during the day.

I recommend this to everyone on the search for the right mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by dtzybrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Only mascara I have ever rebought more than once. EVER. I have been consistently using it on a daily basis for at least a year and a half. I've never gotten compliments on my eyelashes until I started using this.
This mascara makes me look like I have fake eyelashes on. I'm not even kidding. However, if you want to have "natural" looking eyelashes, this isn't for you. But quite frankly, that is not what I look for in a mascara, I'm young enough to get away with it, and I do not have stubby lashes that can't take it. I'm happy to wear this out at night or to class.
Great staying power, it lasts all day. Doesn't clump, doesn't flake, doesn't smudge onto my face. I curl my eyelashes, then just 1 or 2, sometimes 3, coats with a light hand and I have thicker, longer lashes that stay curled by the end of the day. For even better results I use Lancome's primer.
I have to say, I can't believe this doesn't have an average rating of at least 4. This stuff is amazing.

I'll answer some of the criticisms:
- I've had 3 different tubes of this stuff, used it at the very least 400 times. I've NEVER had the scraper pop out, or any other design problems. On the contrary, I love the design. I think it's cute, and I absolutely love bushy applicators. In my experience, it's really the only kind that will make my eyelashes "wow." Rather than "meh." I actually can't stand the orange one (Lash Blast) that's so popular with the *rubber* applicator. If your scraper is popping out, it is probably something you are doing, considering with all my use I've never had a problem.
- I've never had flaking onto my eyes or face either, and I have one of the oiliest skins on the planet.
- It does smudge onto my *finger* sometimes if I feel my lashes at the end of the day, but I don't see how that is a catastrophe. Just don't rub it.
It's not waterproof; what do you expect? It's super easy to take off and does not take my eyelashes with it.
- The smell? Really? It's a freaking mascara. Who cares? I didn't even notice it had a smell until I read the reviews. It is not that bad or strong, and it definitely should not make you smell like it or drive you nuts all day.

Conclusion: If you already have naturally fairly long eyelashes (saw it on panacea81 who has long lashes, too and it looked amazing) , are looking for volume and "bam"-level noticeable eyelashes, you for sure NEED to try this. I converted my sisters, too. But really I recommend anyone try this. I'll probably cry if they discontinue this. As of now, it's my HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2009 5:48:00 AM More reviews by yayformakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i don't understand the bad reviews.

1. you can't smell it once its on your lashes
2. its not too hard to comb your lashes after you apply this.

come on girls, its a drugstore mascara. of course its not going to be the best. but i actually like it, more than the LashBlast.

and its also my favourite maybelline mascara.

edit: i changed my mind. i wore this to school and it flaked like crazy. WORST ever