La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

on 6/18/2002 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a miracle in a jar. I have been using this product, the serum and the eye creme for 2 years now. I am 48 and people everywhere stop me and ask about my skin. Thanks to these products, I still don't have any visible lines around my eyes and only one or two small ones around my mouth. I had my 22 year old daughter try it a year ago (she has a tendancy to break out with combination skin) and she now swears by it. She doesn't want to use anything else. I would recommend these products to anyone.

on 6/13/2002 4:36:00 PM

I can't believe I gave into the hype and bought this. This have me nothing but breakouts and skin problems. My $4 bottle of C&C Dual Moisturizer does a better job.

on 6/11/2002 11:17:00 AM

It is very oily and unreasonble price. I think it is just suitable for Old ladies.

on 6/3/2002 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My holy grail...as most reviewers have discovered, this isn't a product for smooth young skin, but take some sun damage, a few years and a few lines and this stuff is *magic*! Yes it is ungodly expensive, yes there doesn't appear to contain any magic ingredients but it works somehow, and for my money, that says it all! Lines, dark circles fade away, my dry skin is glowing and happy...so am I!

on 5/23/2002 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I read one review about Creme de la Mer that said you should just save for a facelift - you could pay for one with theprice of 30 or so jars. But wouldn't you rather buy the cream and skip the facelift entirely?! I'm almost 45 and have better skin than many 25-year-olds I know. And I owe that to Creme de la Mer.

If you're oily, use the Lotion or the Oil-Absorbing Lotion, and wait until you're older and drier for the Creme. It really is normalizing, though. Even when I used to have combination skin, my T-zone actually was less oily when I used the Creme regularly. I hate the price, but I won't stop buying it. I've tried a few times, and I didn't like what my skin started to look like after a few weeks. I do buy mine on e-Bay now. I was really afraid it would be fake stuff when I first tried, but I've had great luck so far. Just be careful. Look carefully at the pictures - you can usually spot the fakes.

on 5/23/2002 1:00:00 AM

I don't know where most of the other members live, but in Australia Creme de la Mer is hideously expensive. The 2oz jar retails for just over au$3,000!
I have used this product and think its the best. You do have to be patient for the results though

on 5/22/2002 11:47:00 AM

Ohmigod!! My mother turned me on to this and absolutely love it. I have normal skin so I use this as a night cream only, but after only days I notice a difference. My skin feels softer, it's clearer, and blemishes are nowhere to be found!!

on 5/8/2002 9:42:00 PM

i got the TWO oz jar for xmas. it's a very nice moisturizer, but it's too expensive for what you get. there are much better moisterizers for a fraction of the cost--i personally like the mario badescu seaweed night cream better.

on 4/30/2002 7:48:00 AM

EXCELLENT product! I just bought my 3rd bottle today:) Well, I gave a rating of 5 because it's really effective...at least for me:) It helps to fade away those ugly blemishes marks & scars on my cheeks! But don't expect overnite results, give this creme some time to perform...
As for why I gave a rating of 4 for price...its because the result is really worth the money and there are even more expensive products out there...for a moisturizer!:) But La Mer is more than a moisturizer..it's a MIRACLE! Thanx Max Huber gals...

on 4/24/2002 5:55:00 PM

I received a sample of this and I tried it on my dry areas only. It is nice under my eyes but after a few days caused those monster zits that I heard people say they experienced from this under my skin. I am actually happy to say that I don't like this so I won't have to spend the $$.