September 23, 2014 | 1701 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2002 10:40:00 AM More reviews by DianeL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this for almost 3 years now, and my skin has never looked better. Some find it too oily, but I think they use too much and don't apply it right. You have to emulsify this first, them pat it on your face and it doesn't take a lot. My skin was actually less oily in the day when I started using this. It has never caused a single breakout as have many others. I have sensitive skin and never had any problems with this.
My skin is soft, and glowing, well worth the money IMO. It can be used on the eyes too, but is a bit much for my eyes in the daytime.
Nice scent too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2002 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Mayra

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've loved this since the first time I aplied it to my eyes more than 2 years ago.
Now I use the Oil Absorbing Lotion on my face and this on necks and eyes or in the evening on top of Renova.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2002 8:12:00 PM More reviews by DianaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I'm glad I tried it (again!). I used a .25 oz. deluxe sample tub over the course of about three months, and although during the first couple weeks I thought that I could see improvement in my skin, I saw no noticeable difference as time went on. The creme was too heavy to use around my eyes, also - gave me awful milia. I am quite happy to get better results using jojoba oil nightly with Sage Gelloid on extra-dry nights. Next time I start posting about trying CDLM again, please refer me to this review? : )

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2002 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Linda_2001

So over-rated! I thought it would be something more extraordinary for the price. I only have the sample so maybe I didn't use it long enough but first of all, it's smell isn't very pleasing, kind of mediciney. I don't like products that have too much "fake" fragrances so the that's not too problematic. I just didn't think the creme was all that restorative or healing though. I have oily breakout prone skin so I was careful just to use it on my dry areas and it did nothing for it. It didn't make me breakout but it also didn't help my dry areas. I tried using a thin film then I added more but nothing. I don't know what the hype is. It may have been a good product once but I'll bet Estee Lauder buying the line had something to do with it. Estee Lauder products are awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2002 5:58:00 PM More reviews by rinlev

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a joke. I had high expectations and was oh so disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2002 7:05:00 PM More reviews by wendi6716

LOVE this. for folks for whom its not working - did you break it down between your fingers before applying it? if you don't, it just sits there on top of your skin doing nothing and feeling like crisco - BUT if you warm it and break it down before patting it on - miracles, people, real skin miracles. my acne scars faded, my pores look smaller, my skin is soft, and no breakouts. *sigh* if only it weren't a gazillion bucks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2001 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Crusty

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since I couldn't very well give this a test spin on my oily skin, I emlisted the help of my mother. Fortunately, I was spared the exorbitant price tag with a full size tester from a former co-hort SA. The result? What result? For the price people lay for this, the skin should end up radiant! It didn't really help her normal/dry skin, and didn't live up to any dramatic claims. We knew that, though. Chew on this: How many jars of La Mer would it take before someone could pay off a full-flegded facelift or even a mini lift?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2001 3:22:00 PM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the holy grail moisturizer! This is unbelievably moisturizing. I am in my 20's and have combination skin. I use this when I have 'dry' days and the texture and appearance of my skin is revolutionary. This didn't make me break out and sunk into my skin and then some! it left a kind of protective shield over my face, like a time-released moisturizer throughout the night. It feels nice and cool at application and you can immediately detect that this is different than any other moisturizer you have used. Highly Recommend. Try a sample for first, this may not be for everyone. I think this is worth it for $90. Enjoy great skin. :) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2001 11:22:00 PM More reviews by yclaire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the holy grail product for dry and sensitive skin! It's very gentle and it can even out skin tone. However, to maximize the result, you must follow the right procedures: warm a bean size between your finger tips until it feels like " melt ice-cream", then apply on your COMPLETELY DRY skin. Yes, I do mean absolutely dry, or the cream cannot be absorbed and just sits on top of your skin. Use it everynight really gives me a bright complexion. It is worth every penny I spent on it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2001 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Jenny

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

CONS: I have combination skin and first tried using this as a moisturizer...too greasy! Then, I tried using it as an eye cream...it caused millia to form. Not a winner in my book!