October 21, 2014 | 1785 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dandelion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2003 6:13:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

This shade looks rather blah and ordinary in the pan, but goes on a delightfully natural peachy pink, with just a touch of shimmer. It really is like the shade of a natural blush, so may not show up too well on people who already have rosy cheeks. It shows up well on my pale skin, and I can use it for just a gentle flush, or as base for a pop of a brighter shade. You get quite a lot of product for your money, and I like the fact that the pan is large enough to swirl a full-sized brush around in. It lasted well all day on me. The box is also rather pretty with its flower print, and more sturdy than you might expect for card.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2003 1:22:00 PM More reviews by dana

I never have expectations of Benefit products because, in all honesty, they usually suck. This product, while it isn't horrible, is terribly overpriced for what it is, essentially, an average pink shimmer 'blush'. The size is considerable, but MAC is pretty large as well for $10 less. It is also inconveniently packaged. I understand wanting to display fragrance and maybe even a powder, but I feel like blush should be more portable. I don't feel like this is at all. Also, even though I am a PPP this didn't show up well at all. Another mediocre benefit creation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2003 11:08:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

I'm another cool PPP (ruddy complexion) who this works for. It is a barely noticeable highlighter, even on me, but it does add a pretty flush of color. It is not like MAC's shimmer powder at all. I would not describe this as shimmery. I was afraid that since I already had so much pink in my skin that this wouldn't be a good idea, but it turned out to be a great one! Edited to add: Many people have complained about the brush that comes with this product and say they don't like it. I wanted to mention that I really like the brush -- its a wide flat shape. I think it works well for the type of application I use this product for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2003 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Judifruit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is wonderful. I've never used anything like this on my face for one reason or another. Yet the first time I tried this, I was sold. It's very pretty, not gaudy, and pleasantly fragrant. It doesn't show up like blush or anything like that, but it just does **something** to your face, brightens it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2003 9:39:00 PM More reviews by proflady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a pretty blush, although it is definitely a YMMV product since I can't imagine it showing up much on some skintones. As a PPP, this actually works as a soft pink blush, muted, with some lovely shimmer. As others have said it is a pinker version of Orgasm (no peach) with less shimmer. I also dust it very lightly all over my face as a highlighter. Used as a blush it gives my skin an unusually fabulous glow!! While the packaging is cute, the brush is useless. Otherwise, I'm loving Dandelion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2003 9:08:00 PM More reviews by dblaze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK, blush is my new obsession (former obsession was lipgloss). I really like this!! The packaging is cute, fun, pretty, girly ... and the product is great! Really does give a very natural "glow", not an obvious blush look. I am somewhat fair and did not find it too light. Some have compared this to NARS Orgasm, but I think Dandelion is a bit less peachy-orangey and a bit more pink. Very pretty!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2002 5:26:00 PM More reviews by sanrosee

Dandelion's packaging is a box similar to Hoola. It also contains a brush which is of okay quality, but I suggest using your own blush brush. It looks like a pale pink with a bit of shimmer. I was disapointed that it was barely visible on me - especially considering I have fair skin, MAC NC 20. The shimmer, which is much more subtle than most shimmer blushes (like Nars), was easily apparent. My skin already has a bit of natural pink on my cheeks. When I used a foundation to tone down my skin, then the blush color was more distinct. Apparently Dandelion is working better with other people, but for me I returned it to the Benefit counter. The price is $26 which seemed a bit too pricey. Nars and Mac have better blushes at a lower price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2002 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Amandaannie

First, I've been eyeing this product since it was introduced. I've looked at it, brushed it on my hand and smelled it. Finally, I broke down today and had the SA put it on me today. It is beautiful. A gorgeous light pink flush in your cheeks with a bit of shimmer. And to settle the arguments, the SA told me it is a blush and an all over highlighter. Use it normally as a blush, knock off the powder and the shimmer sticks to the brush and it's and all over highlighter. It really does give you a healthy look. It's a beautiful product all around. I usually don't get as excited about blush as I do about other makeup. But I love this!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2002 1:17:00 PM More reviews by NYgirl

This was a waste of money for me. My skin is pretty light and I couldn't get it to show up on me! I put so much on and nothing showed up! I ended up returning it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2002 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Kat345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a cute item! Even with my red cheeks I can use this, it softens my skin tone and blends so nicely. I love the brush! Its so soft! I also love the subtle shimmer to it. The only thing I dont like is that whenever I put the brush back in the case I have to be really careful not to chip the powder, but otherwise I love this stuff :)