BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

1942 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 4/11/2012 1:46:00 AM

I used Badgal for years and loved it, so I thought I'd try this, I usually like big brushes, and it took some getting used to the thin applicator, The end of the brush has some longer "spikes" to separate any clumps, but I found that just deposited more mascara. I also didn't curl first. I found this did curl my lashes a little, but nothing amazing, I think I will like it better once I curl my lashes before I apply, and not use more than two coats, and apply quickly. The formula seems very similar to Badgal, however you don't have the big fluffy brush to separate lashes. On my short sparse lashes, I found it did add volume, but didn't add much length, I don't think I'll dish out the $22 again. Too many others to try,EDIT: Dropped another lippie after wearing this for awhile. It's a mess. The formula is gloppy, stays sticky and flakes like crazy. It's almost impossible to get it all off, and I wake up with raccoon eyes. I've also noticed that I have much more eyelash loss while using this...which I don't need as my lashes are thinning anyway. I stopped using it. I might mention that I never had these problems with Bad Gal mascara, but it's been awhile, so it's possible they changed the formula. Don't waste the cash.

on 4/10/2012 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Although I've often been disappointed by Benefit products in the past I think I've finally found my HG mascara! I actually had more than one person ask me if I had applied false lashes, that's how dramatic the difference is! I had no issues with smearing clumping or flaking and they looked as good 12 hours after I applied as they did the moment I first applied it. Believe the hype! I will absolutely repurchase.

on 4/10/2012 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

"Don't waste your money." That's the nicest thing I can say about this mascara. It is an overpriced, over-hyped, ordinary mascara; that performs no better than a more, reasonably-priced, drugstore brand of mascara. Personally, I prefer L'Oreal Telescopic Clean Definition or Maybelline Lash Stiletto over this one by BeneFit. The brush on They're Real is large, bulky & awkward, and it delivers more clumps than it does volume or length. Very disappointing for the price. I'd never repurchase.

on 4/8/2012 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this product after having my eyelash extensions removed after having them filled for almost nine months. Needless to say, I was very nervous having them removed and wasn't sure what my lashes were going to look like.

I am using this product overtop the DiorShow lash primer (Maximizer Lash Plumping). I could not be happier. This duo makes my lashes look amazing ... helps to fill the gap between my old incredibly long and thick extensions because these two make my natural lashes look almost over the top. Perfect.

I like over-the-top lashes even though the rest of my makeup is minimal.

Btw, I have tried almost every premium mascara out there.

on 4/8/2012 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

When I first tried this product I fell in love! I already have quiet long eyelashes and this just made them look even longer, the brush is great and it really does get people asking "are they real?"
However, after a few weeks I realised it started to become quite dry & then the de-clumper broke meaning the brush was now completely covered in mascara! I thought it must have been a one off thing but the exact same thing happened again the next time I bought the product. This was quite disappointing considering it costs nearly 20.
However, apart from that & the price it is a really good product, I would recommend it if you want a really dramatic look and don't mind spending that little bit extra.

on 4/8/2012 7:21:00 PM

After some practice it worked ok, it does give lashes a false effect, lots of compliments but not my HG, I still prefer Laura Mercier ( easier to apply).

on 4/8/2012 4:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Bought the mini version at sephora couple weeks ago. Eh, it is okay. I still like Falsies and lashblast better. It does keep my straight lashes curled though, but it is def nothing special. I find that it does lengthen but doesn't give that much volume. Since I got the mini one, it is a bit harder to apply since the brush is kind of big. I find that it doesn't smudge throughout the day either. All in all, I wouldn't buy this again. OVERHYPED

on 4/8/2012 2:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

at first i love it , but finnaly i hate this mascara . I bought the '' mini '' one just to try it , and its so expensive and it do nithing ''amazing'' on my lashes . If your lashes are hard to work with i don't recommend this one . I think it a good mascara for person who already have long lashes . I will not buy this product again and i don't recomend it . xx

on 4/8/2012 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this mascara, however I don't find it super buildable. What I mean is that if you run the wand through your eyelashes more than 4 times, you get cakey, clumped lashes, and I don't mean the nice kind of clumping either. However, if you run it through less than 4 times you have nice fluffy looking lashes. So the lesson here is don't over do it. I am going to try something else after this tube is finished but it's not a bad mascara.

on 4/7/2012 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I purchased a trial size of this at Sephora and tried it on one eye while using Maybelline's Falsies on another. The difference was amazing. They're Real lengthened & thickened my lashes while Falsies made them look limp and clumpy. My lashes are short and sparse so I'm always looking for the right mascara. I really liked this and it didn't irritate my sensitive eyes either. It dried out too fast though, although it was a trial size for $10 so it's possible I just used it up quickly.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products