September 19, 2014 | 1202 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 8:44:00 AM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall, this is a decent mascara. I am a mascara junkie and am always trying to find the perfect one. I'm a redhead with invisible pale lashes and most mascaras just end up smudging on me and giving me raccoon eyes. This doesn't smudge or flake, but it doesn't do anything more than my normal mascara, Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume or Cover Girl Lash Perfection. The only thing that sets this apart from the pack is the spherical end on the brush. It allows you to get every little tiny eyelash, but I can achieve this with my Cover Girl products with a little patience. The price of this is just too much to be just a decent product. So, while I like the product, I will not repurchase, as Cover Girl mascaras can do the same thing at a MUCH cheaper price.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by 5t3ph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this at sephora and was excited to use it because I had high expectations. This mascara is something that you would not want to use if you are in a rush because it takes a lot of labor on the users part. After curling my lashes, I use this on my top lashes, then realizing i must be careful to avoid spider lashes, or having the lashes stick together. This is because the bristles on this brush are kind of awkward and applies the product in globs rather than smoothly. The spiky ball on top of the brush was underwhelming and was not as effective as i imagined. It actually makes a mess of the lashes, which is a huge inconvienence so I suggest refraining from using it as much as possible. Using this mascara on the bottom lashes is hell, because the bristles along with the formula make it impossible to apply a small amount, therefore clumping mascara onto each individual lash. Also, the fact that the formula dries very quickly makes it difficult to avoid clumping when trying to apply more layers. This does give the false lash effect, if you are paitent and very careful; but keep in mind by this they mean hard, brittle, and thick clumpy lashes as a result. I wouldnt purchase this just because it is too much of a difficult process to get your lashes to look decent with this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 7:07:00 AM More reviews by lottiebottie007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay, well, I bought this mascara yesterday, and so far I'm 50/50.
Bad reasons for buying this product? Well, one is DEFINITELY the price tag. I bought this from the Benefit counter at Debenhams and was shocked to discover it was 18.50! I tested the product at the counter and the girl put it on over the top of my Max Factor Fusion mascara, I thought it looked okay...so I went for it and bought it. Got it home, took off all the mascara and went to try it.
Good things? Well, I do like the brush a lot, it's very different to any of the brushes that I've ever tried before, and it does catch my eyelashes. However, I found that the formula clumps VERY easily, and no matter how much I try, I can't get it not to clump when I put on over one coat...I also can't really separate my lashes with the end of the brush like it said I could...it actually makes things worse and leaves mascara on the outside of my eyes. I did compare it to my Max Factor Fusion mascara, and yes, it does give you length, but it doesn't give you the fanned out effect that it has on the photo which comes on the packaging, whereas Max Factor does give you a fanned out effect. I found that it does give you a certain amount of volume though, but not the amount it does on the advertising on the product itself. It has different results for different people I think, and it does also require a certain knack to the way you put it on. I wouldn't buy the mascara again, due to the humongous price tag and the seemingly endless results that it seems to give me. It's either a bad result or an okayish result. Personally, stick with Max Factor, unless you have dramatically long, thick eyelashes which will actually work with Benefit's new mascara. x

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by CynicallyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I find that this is a really good daytime mascara. It doesn't look too dark and dramatic, but it does look great. I have lots of lashes to begin with, but that clever little spiky tip of the wand helps me get all of them. I get plenty of length and curl out of this formula, and it's so long lasting that I can even use it on my bottom lashes. The spiky tip is great for that too.

The long lasting formula can be kind of a pain to get off though. I really need to work in the cold cream to get it off, but for all day wear it holds up great. An awesome day-to-day workhorse mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by angeliqueamour

This mascara does give alot of leangth, but its sort of sticky. So when applying I can really only two like two coats before it starts to clump. But the brush is absaloutly amazing, it has a little spikey ball thing at the end of the brush and it catches all the little lashes at the end of your eye. Its pretty good, but I wish the formula was a little better.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by cdmuzac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

it gave me length and thickness and a little clumping. After about 5 or more swipes I began to notice my lashes felt heavy, I do not like to feel like I have mascara on. I recommend a lash separation comb with this bad boy. if you would like to read an in depth review , stop on by my blog

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by marisamakeup18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is really great ! I was not expecting how good this mascara was going to be. I picked this up just because it was new and I wanted to try it out, but I actually really ended up liking this product. It lengthens, volumizes and blackens your lashes beautiful. The brush is what is so unique about this product. The bristles of the brush continue even on to the very tip of this mascara, which is great to get into the inner corner lashes and great to use on the bottom lashes, even better than the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara. I really do love this product, and even though it is a little pricey, I would say without hesitation that I will repurchase this mascara because it is one of the better ones that I have tried !

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by nettie3

This made my lashes flaky and spikey. Definately not worth the money.Any L'Oreal mascara is better than this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 3:18:00 AM More reviews by pearlr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Was at the Benefit counter to buy High Beam and the SA asked me if I had tried their new mascara . I said I hadn't and she asked me if I would like to try it. Luckily, I wasn't wearing any eye makeup that day and so I decided to try it out. I have ( like most of us ) tried a lot of different brands of mascara at Sephora and wasn't expecting much out of this . Surprisingly I was blown away with just one coat !

I have straight eyelashes and while they are not sparse , they are not anything spectacular either . Just your average eyelashes that needs a good eyelash curler and mascara.

I really LIKED the way it looked at the counter so I bought it . Tried it again today after curling my lashes . Seems to hold the curl and lengthen my lashes . Very dark black mascara . So far so good. The only deal breaker could be the fact that it's not waterproof. I suffer from allergies and my eyes get itchy and watery , so waterproof mascara is what I prefer. I mentioned that to the SA and she said it doesn't smudge easily.Asked me to try it out and return it if it smudged .
Will report back on how it does with itchy runny eyes . But for now, I really like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by PINUPROCK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

this looks like plastic on my eyes!!!
I have long lashes, but very thin, I have to say that, this mascara clumped my lashes badly, yes it made them more visible I would say but it is too sticky and it dries very fast and once it is dry you end up having a gump on your eyes....
I though I would give it a try since I really love benefit, and had previously tried the bad gal mascara and was really disaponted with it......
it is a no no for me and I think you can get better more natural result with other product.... this reallly gives you the false eye lash efect but in a bad way........ like 50 cent drag queen lashes kind...... awful