BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

1983 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 5/30/2012 1:15:00 AM

Personally I love this mascara. I initially did not like it because it was too clumpy but if you wipe off the excess this mascara is quite nice. I think the tip works well because it gets my corner-most lashes which I usually can't get well.
The one thing that I wish it gave more of is volume. I think this mascara is really only for lengthening and defining. I've tried to add a volumizing mascara after it dried but it just made a clumpy mess! Maybe you need to do it really quick when it hasn't dried yet....

on 5/29/2012 11:06:00 PM

I know my incredibly low rating might come as a shock to some of you, but trust that I have a good reason!

I love the way this mascara is able to separate & add tons of volume. No qualms there.

I, however, am horrified at the amount of eyelashes I have lost after using this mascara. The wand grips onto lashes with sharp plastic bristles. These bristles have the ability to tear out your lashes if you are not careful.

The eyelash loss is also due to the fact that this mascara simply does not come off without extensive effort with some makeup remover. Having to rub at your eyes every night is a chore. When lashes are lost in the process, this chore becomes that much more arduous.

Lastly, this mascara never dries fully. It stays tacky. This is terrible because if I take a nap during the day or accidentally rub or touch my eyes, my lashes will all stick together and form one or two big eyelash clumps. Once this happens, the mascara is essentially a glue holding them all together, making them more likely to fall out due to the tension this creates at the roots of the lashes.

I saw lashes on the brush after every use. It was disheartening, but I thought maybe I was losing them naturally. This was not the case. My lashes -- which were once thick, full, and long on their own -- are now noticeably sparser. I wish I had never used this mascara.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was expecting a little more from this mascara, considering its $22 price tag. It's just an okay mascara... I could find something similar at the drugstore.
For the first few weeks it has a very wet formula, but after that the formula is perfect, so have patience. I have medium-length, thin, curly lashes, and this definitely helps lengthen & volumize them a lot. I just wish They're Real would have thickened them a little more. The wand is perfect ... It's easy to reach the bottom lashes & inner corners.

on 5/22/2012 7:30:00 PM

well, i was expecting more, i dont like the brush, and my lashes look nice, but if you put one coat is not enough, if you put more it looks horribel, wont rebuy

I have read multiple reviews on this mascara and decided to give it a try, I can sum this review up very quickly....I LOVED IT!!!!!! If your thinking about trying it do it!

on 5/21/2012 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is my second mascara from benefit I had " bad girl lash" I loved it after that was gone I saw the " they're real" in the shiny pretty packaging caught my eye. This is amazing it lengthens & doesn't clump up if you know how to apply mascara right.
LOVE- that it doesn't smug & lengthens
The only slightly annoying things I can say about this is it does take awhile to dry but that's ok beauty is time & this is so worth it! Hooked for life

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

Okay, I'd been hearing about this mascara for ages now. And I had only heard good reviews, so I thought, why not splash some cash on a benefit mascara?
Well, it wasn't as good as I'd been expecting. One coat just isn't enough, but two coats makes my lashes clumpy. It's perfect for my bottom eyelashes though. Wont be buying this again, sadly, maybe i'll try badgal lash?

on 5/17/2012 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Did a comparison test w/another mascara. This one does not cause raccoon eyes and is easy to remove. I'm not keen on spending over $15 for mascara however, this one is worth it IMO.

on 5/17/2012 11:36:00 AM

I had gotten a gift card To sephora and I was thinking of buying a nice mascara with it. I heard this mascara was great so I decided to get it. I tried it and found that it was incredibly flaky and clumpy. I was disappointed because it was a bit expensive and really overrated.
Pros: nice wand, the addition at the end made it east to get stubborn lashes.
Cons: F-L-A-K-Y. Clumpyyy really wet and dries slowly

You really don't need to spend the extra cash on this, L'Oreal voluminous carbon black does the trick.

on 5/16/2012 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I actually really liked this product when I tried it out at Sephora, and I still do like it but less so now. So it definitely gives lashes a real OOMPH. I put it on my mom for a party and usually she looks like she's eyelash-less but with this her eyelashes really stood out and thats never happened with any other mascara for her. it really really lengthens and curls. I use it to tightline and backcomb the base of my eyelashes to make them seem more thick and it def works for that purpose as well. I love just putting it on the outer lashes, it gives a very curled, longer outer lash look. Definitely effective and does what it says. I love the brush. Its a spikey applicator that definitely delivers the mascara to the right places and does all the work of application for you which is good because I'm no expert in applying mascara. That said, what I dont like about this: its quite dry, not a lush formula like YSL or Diorshow which are others I've liked in the past because they are moist and give lashes a healthy sheen. Also its huge (a thick tube) that takes up so much space in my makeup bag that I really resent it. I also have to be careful applying it otherwise it can look very over the top and tacky. So far I am liking it, maybe I will keep it for the six month mark but I can see that I will prob try something else after since its not the ideal mascara in my opinion there are things that could be improved, and I'm always on the lookout for new stuff.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products