January 29, 2015 | 1952 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3.4(1900 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 7:53:00 AM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this mascara about 2 weeks ago and I was pretty much convinced I was going to write a negative review, but dare I say this mascara is growing on me. My initial issue was with the plastic wand. Its small hard and prickly, I understand that is supposed to "pull" out tiny eyelashes that allegedly exist, and I definitely question that claim. But now that my eyes have gotten used to the pulling sensation when I apply this mascara I'm totally ok with it. In fact, it kind of wakes me up the morning! The actual mascara itself is pretty good, nice dark black doesn't clump up etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by BebiMou

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting to try this mascara for a while. Sephora just started selling a mini version of it for $10. That's still expensive in imo for a mini mascara. I like the mascara, but it's not something that blows my other mascaras out of the water. It's also not very volumizing, though it does separate and define lashes nicely. If it was $10 for the full size, then sure I would buy it. I am returning this though. I have plenty of drugstore mascaras under ten dollars that are just as good and most of them are better than this. And for high end stuff I like Lancome Hypnose Drama/Hypnose Doll lashes, and the primer way better than this. I also love Tarte Lights Camera Action way better than this. Plus, I have gotten several of these as free gifts or in kits, also including Beneft Bad Gal lash, Makeup Forever Smoky Lash, Ultraflesh,etc, which is a much better value. I like it, but not enough to spend that much. Returning it and obviously won't be buying again.

Edit: I TAKE IT ALL BACK! HAVE REPURCHASED! I HAVE SO MANY OF THESE MASCARAS NOW IN FULL SIZE AND MINI AND LOOOVE IT! I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Rosielle91

If you're looking for lash definition and length, then this mascara is for you. The brush is good for finer thinner lashes, or lashes that require definition. A good mascara but not the best mascara I have come across. The only bad thing about this is that it dries out quite quickly within time and after the end of the day it does smudge a little. Otherwise it's okay.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Samanthakw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Urghhh, this mascara sucked so much.

First of all, I had a reaction to it and my eyes were burning about 5 minutes after using it.

But to make it worse, this mascara was clump city. It made my lashes thick, heavy, and goopy and it deposits way too much product on the brush.

And speaking of the brush, the bristles are so short and they just make the whole mascara totally unworkable.

You have to work way too hard to even get this mascara to work, and for how pricey it is- it should work for me!

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Ritochok

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was excited to try this mascara because of all the great reviews but it really didn't work for me. I don't like the brush at all. The bristles are too short and too far apart and the end of the brush always gets too gloopy. The formula is drying and crumbled a lot under my eyes. I absolutely hate that and I hate this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by cpc1887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was just recommended this while in Sephora yesterday and so far, I love it! Very impressed with the unique brush, especially the bristly tip that allows for flaring at the edges and separating lashes.

Beware: as with most new mascaras, this one can be clumpy at first if you're not careful. I get the best results by lightly brushing against a tissue to remove too much excess before applying!

EDIT: After just a few weeks of using, I noticed that the product dries out quickly after several uses. I probably spend five or so minutes applying mascara, so this it's not worth it. Too bad because the effect is great until it dries out and makes your eyelashes a clumpy mess...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by roseycheeks21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

WOW this is such a fantastic mascara! i couldn't be more pleased! it sells for around 18 in the uk but is so totaly worth it. you only need about two coats and i didnt need to re-apply durring the day. it goes on smooth and doesn't crumbly or flake off during the day either. there are alot of long bristles so they really help to separate each lash. it has a rounded tip covered in more longer bristles. you can use this ball part vertically to give tremendeous curl and then finish off with using the rest of the wand, horizontally as normal to coat each lash from root to tip - adding volume and length. the consistancy is neither dry nor wet and quite soft and dries soft on the lashes - not hard or making them feel brittle and is so easy to remove. i have really long lashes naturally and i didnt think any mascara could possibly make them look any longer! ive lost count how many people asked me if i was wearing false lashes while actually just wearing this mascara! so it definatly lives up to it's name!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Farrahboo

I recently had a traumatic experience with my lashes. They were once long, thick and did not require much effort. Some stupid eyelash curler (by max factor, for which i shall definitely be writing a bad review) ripped off all my eye lashes! Now, I didn't want to resort to wearing false lashes everyday, as I simply do not have the time to be fussing around in the morning with a bit of lash glue and hair on a strip.

So anyway, the lovely lady at the beneFit counter convinced me to purchase BeneFit, They're Real mascara. This mascara does what is says on the tin. In just ONE coat, it gives you thick, long, glossy and fluttery looking lashes and bambi eyes! Your eyes will instantly look open, wide and all fluttery and flirty.

The brush adds to the benefits of the already amazing formula of the mascara. The brush can work in two ways. The end of the brush has the same structure as the loreal telescopic brush. This helps to curl, lengthen, separate and define your lashes. Really handy for bottom lashes too! and the actual wand held horizontally thickens, lengthens, volumises. Basically works its magic to help you achieve false looking lashes in just one coat.

Please, if you have not tried this mascara already, do give it a go! Best mascara I have ever tried, without a doubt.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by caligrl16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is pretty amazing,although it does take some getting used to. First, my lash type is medium-long with decent volume. What I look for in a mascara is really black pigment, length volume, and staying power. This does all of those for me. It is pretty wet, and can get a bit clumpy so for best results I apply one coat, comb out, and keep building until I'm satisfied. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by ashmonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't understand the negative comments on this mascara.

The first time I used it.. I was blown away. I kept saying "oh my god" as my lashes got longer and longer. They literally looked fake.

I'm BIG on mascara... and although i'm sure there may be better out there... I have yet to find it.

I hate the SPIDER eyelash look. Where the lashes are long but in clumps.. and I don't find this mascara has that effect.

I do have to say that I haven't had that same "amazing" effect since the first time i used it... im not sure if i used it differently the first time... BUT I still would repurchase again. Gives my short lashes LOTS of length.

The packaging is cute.. and it's not too pricey.

Oh how I wish I could find my HG mascara .....