October 22, 2014 | 993 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by nene312

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never written a review before, even though I am a MU junkie and there are many products I think I can't live without. Until now! Even though I wear make-up everyday, until very recently I didn't wear mascara - simply because Nothing (and even Combinations of curlers, brushes and different formulas) never produced the effect for the end to be worth the means. But during my last visit to Sephora I asked (since she would be unbiased of brand), what mascara she thought was the best on the market. She handed me the box which included my now HG of mascaras!! This stuff defies logic. In minutes, I saw lashes I hadn't seen in years - LITERALLY! And that was before I even used a lash curler on them.
I love many products, but I will never be a day without this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by sarahbaby0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

fell in love at Sephora where I first tried it. They were sold out however, so I drove a few hours to another store :) sooo worth it. Makes my already long lashes even longer and super black. Holds curl well. I recommend to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by laurenyun

This is the best eyelash seperating mascara I've ever used! I've tried so many mascaras; expensive, drugstore brand, whatever but this one really makes my eyelashes look long and fake without looking clumpy or too fake like the guerlain mascara I used to use. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by jennieafero

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for a few weeks now and to be honest some days I love the way it makes my lashes look and other days I'm like bleh :/ I am so picky with mascara and am constantly looking for a decent mascara that wont smudge and smear and will at least let me look like I have some definition to my eyes! In these respects, yes this mascara works, but the results are not consistant. Some days I have to apply a lot of coats to get any real coverage. This does curl my lashes pretty well (which is no easy feat!) but the results are not lasting either. The brush is a big plus, i love that it has decent bristles and its too chunky and the little sphere thing that is on the end of the brush helps to catch my teeny corner lashes and thin bottom lashes nicely. I probably will buy again but then again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Tenerifebeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product so much, I have an absolute obsession with mascara! TBH my addiction is eyeliner & mascara and lip plumper’s! I really do believe long eyelashes defined eye and luscious plump lips are just mind blowing (think Angelina Jolie) So this mascara is just perfect, there are only 3 mascaras that I will reach out and buy again.. Sexy curves by rimmel, Line effect by Bourjois and then this one .. but this one wins by 1000000.

I have quite long eyelashes anyway and they curl quite nice and naturally.. but my issue is that I want a mascara that will makes them look longer without looking like I have tortured some poor spider and pulled out its legs and stuck them to my eyelashes. Lets face it girlies lap over lap of mascara on your eyelashes just look terrible, I think that picture above (the last one) is a prime example! This mascara looks clean and dramatic, its not clumpy at all and I always get compliments when wearing this mascara (which I love) The mascara has AMAZING holding power… have you ever had that problem where you put mascara on and your eyelashes look lush, but 5 minutes down the line they are flat again, well that will not happen with this mascara!! Only issue with this mascara is that it is Ł18.50 which is a lot for a mascara but it is sooo worth it! BUY IT NOW!! BUY BUY BUY!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Eop234

Ow! Ow!

A 3.7 average rating! Really?

I liked this mascara, a whole lot. It really did curl, lengthen, and add volume to my lashes, without excessive clumping. I love the brush and the formula, and truth to be told, I like a lot better than BADGal lash. Reason why? After a few hours BADGal lash ends up UNDER your eyes.

Anyway, I really, really liked this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by bluequarter

I really liked this product! It lifted my stick-straight lashes into 'wow' mode. I typically get eyelash extensions because any of the mascaras out there won't curl for me--they just make my lashes heavier. But I felt like these were a good --and less expensive-- replacement.

The packaging is kinda weird, so could not rate it too well here.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by Eve8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I promised myself not to buy this mascara after seeing its effect on a friend's lashes. It gave her spidery lashes, no volume whatsoever. But, as I learned later, she's crap at applying mascara and, being a complete Benefit Addict, I couldn't resist at the end.
And, well, I'm quite satisfied. I use it after my lash curler and it really lengthens and gives volume. But be careful not to put too many layers otherwise it will clump.
You really have to start at the root of the lashes and go up really slowly. It will coat your lashes perfectly. Then apply 2 more coats and you're done!
So yes, it's a bit expensive, but it's Benefit, and the mascara stays on really well, for the whole day.
Update 30/11/11: I've had this mascara for a bit more then 2 month and it's already empty/dried out. So I will certainly not repurchase it!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by jkaboya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Disclaimer #1: To each his own. What works for some, does not always work for others and visa versa.

Disclaimer #2: I am a mascara junkie! I've tried too many mascaras (ranging from the cheapies, to the drugs stores, to mid level, and highend/ department stores...that being said, I am very particular about mascara and lashes.

Disclaimer #3: This is just my honest, unbiased OPINION.

This mascara was just ok. I would not purchase it again just because I've tried $2 mascaras that gave me better results than this particular one. It wasnt shitty, but it was definitely lacking.

The packaging and advertisement led me to believe that it was going to give the illusion of fake lashes (i.e give volume, lenghth and drama) but after applying 5 (yes, F-I-V-E) coats I did not see much of a difference.

It has those plastic bristles as opposed to fiber bristles, which I am personally indifferent to) and I must say that the bristles itself is what I call "in between" sized (skinny enough for length, but thick enough for volume) ...despite the size of the bristle, I recieved a minimal amount of volume or length..

quite a dissapointment. And expensive at that. #TheL

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by LondonBrat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a fantastically defining mascara. Unlike other hard bristle brushes I have tried, this mascara doesnt clump the eyelashes together into 4 long spiders but instead seems to multiply them into hundreds!

It is very lengthening but I have to say it offers little to no volume. Gives me lovely babydoll lashes but not really a strong va-va-voom for the night. I feel that I need to top it with a volumizing mascara and in that case it whole look kinda clups up. So i have reserved this mascara for the daytime (i dont go for the most subtlest of looks for the day so if your looking for a au naturel look, this isnt for you) and for the evenings i use it as a third and final coat over my volumizing mascara do define a bit more.

update: 14th Nov '11- STILL loving this mascara. Total HG! The mascara has not dried out and I still get maximum performane out of it. My search has ended! (and people ask me a few times a week if "theyre real" or not!!!! Serious fake lash effect)