September 30, 2014 | 1354 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by phatsjunx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

MY NEW HG CRUELTY-FREE MASCARA. This FINALLY replaces my Maybelline's Volume Express mascara. Thank you!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by mikeym

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this mascara. I try them all believe me. This one does not flake and lasts all day. If you want volume this probably wouldn't do it, but far as defining it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by TaniaMst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am currently using a sample size of this mascara but fully intend to purchase the regular size. For me this is part of a two mascara set As long as you apply one or two coats, this will give you beautifully enhanced, natural looking eyelashes. The brush is amazing and really separates each eyelash. But this is NOT the mascara you go to for volume! It defines, adds length,lifts and curls the lashes for a gorgeous natural eye but you definitely can't aim for thicker lashes.

I wear this one on a day-to-day basis as it's great for college and work. When I want volume I use L'Oral's Original Voluminous. I don't think it's even 10$ and it works great! This is the only drugstore product I use and I find it compares to Dior's Diorshow which is what I would normally wear for volume.

Another amazing thing that works in favor of They're Real is how long it lasts! It stays on all day and all night if I ever have to pull an all-nighter.

I will definitely purchase again and again as it's the only mascara I found that gives such a beautiful natural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Jilliterate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is definitely a mixed bag. It's applicator took some getting used to -- instead of soft bristles, it has short spikes. They can be kind of rough on the lashline, but it makes it easy to be sure you've deposited the mascara right on the lashline.

For me, the best thing this mascara does is CURL my lashes. I normally don't use an eyelash curler, but this mascara really made it look like I had. I love the effect. It also gives decent length and volume, but you have to be very careful in applying, because that volume can vary from "somewhat clumpy" to "extremely clumpy," and it sticks together so that it's pretty much impossible to comb your eyelashes out. Because of this, I won't be repurchasing this mascara. The curl is wonderful, but for $30 CAD, I shouldn't have to struggle to avoid getting major clumps. At this cost, there are better mascaras out there that give me the volume I want without the clumpiness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Always skeptical about mascaras - having tried too many and being disappointed so many times, I kept hearing about the new Benefit mascara and how good it was and so I broke down and spent the $22 at Sephora to buy it.

The wand on the mascara is nice. I like the end of it which is rounded and makes it easy to apply to the lower lashes and some of the upper ones that are hard to reach with a traditional wand - especially the huge ones!

The mascara itself goes on nicely, not a lot of clumping and definitely make my lashes look very long and like they have a decent amount of volume. I am hoping that it does not dry up on me too quickly - it seems to be just a little drier than most.

However, overall I do like this mascara and would recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by kitkatelectric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, I actually really like this mascara. I think it's overpriced but it's not bad for benefit.

Pros:
-doesn't clump, but really separates your lashes
-the brush gets every lash (this is the only plastic brush style i like)
-little spikey ball at the end of the brush to get hard to reach places
-easy to remove
-longwearing
-natural looking
-noticeable lift

Cons:
-doesn't hold a curl as well as waterproof
-not a dramatic mascara (don't try to put too much of this stuff on your eyes...other reviewers indicate that the mascara clumps, although I never had this issue)
-could lengthen a little more, but it's still pretty good.
-EXPENSIVE!
-dries a little slow.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by justcait

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was a bit cynical when I first tried this, because mascaras that volumise normally make me look like a prostitute. But I was pleasantly surprised. The brush is really easy to use, and it makes my lashes look long and defined, without being too thick.
The downsides: It dries very stiff and very quickly which means two layers is not an option, and I can feel it when I blink (which is annoying) plus I'm not convinced that it's worth the money. Also, because it does dry so quickly, getting it to unclump is a bit of a challenge - I usually have to clean up with a separate dry brush straightaway (or wipe the mascara wand pre-application so not too much goes on) otherwise I get stuck together lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 8:44:00 AM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall, this is a decent mascara. I am a mascara junkie and am always trying to find the perfect one. I'm a redhead with invisible pale lashes and most mascaras just end up smudging on me and giving me raccoon eyes. This doesn't smudge or flake, but it doesn't do anything more than my normal mascara, Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume or Cover Girl Lash Perfection. The only thing that sets this apart from the pack is the spherical end on the brush. It allows you to get every little tiny eyelash, but I can achieve this with my Cover Girl products with a little patience. The price of this is just too much to be just a decent product. So, while I like the product, I will not repurchase, as Cover Girl mascaras can do the same thing at a MUCH cheaper price.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by 5t3ph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this at sephora and was excited to use it because I had high expectations. This mascara is something that you would not want to use if you are in a rush because it takes a lot of labor on the users part. After curling my lashes, I use this on my top lashes, then realizing i must be careful to avoid spider lashes, or having the lashes stick together. This is because the bristles on this brush are kind of awkward and applies the product in globs rather than smoothly. The spiky ball on top of the brush was underwhelming and was not as effective as i imagined. It actually makes a mess of the lashes, which is a huge inconvienence so I suggest refraining from using it as much as possible. Using this mascara on the bottom lashes is hell, because the bristles along with the formula make it impossible to apply a small amount, therefore clumping mascara onto each individual lash. Also, the fact that the formula dries very quickly makes it difficult to avoid clumping when trying to apply more layers. This does give the false lash effect, if you are paitent and very careful; but keep in mind by this they mean hard, brittle, and thick clumpy lashes as a result. I wouldnt purchase this just because it is too much of a difficult process to get your lashes to look decent with this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 7:07:00 AM More reviews by lottiebottie007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay, well, I bought this mascara yesterday, and so far I'm 50/50.
Bad reasons for buying this product? Well, one is DEFINITELY the price tag. I bought this from the Benefit counter at Debenhams and was shocked to discover it was 18.50! I tested the product at the counter and the girl put it on over the top of my Max Factor Fusion mascara, I thought it looked okay...so I went for it and bought it. Got it home, took off all the mascara and went to try it.
Good things? Well, I do like the brush a lot, it's very different to any of the brushes that I've ever tried before, and it does catch my eyelashes. However, I found that the formula clumps VERY easily, and no matter how much I try, I can't get it not to clump when I put on over one coat...I also can't really separate my lashes with the end of the brush like it said I could...it actually makes things worse and leaves mascara on the outside of my eyes. I did compare it to my Max Factor Fusion mascara, and yes, it does give you length, but it doesn't give you the fanned out effect that it has on the photo which comes on the packaging, whereas Max Factor does give you a fanned out effect. I found that it does give you a certain amount of volume though, but not the amount it does on the advertising on the product itself. It has different results for different people I think, and it does also require a certain knack to the way you put it on. I wouldn't buy the mascara again, due to the humongous price tag and the seemingly endless results that it seems to give me. It's either a bad result or an okayish result. Personally, stick with Max Factor, unless you have dramatically long, thick eyelashes which will actually work with Benefit's new mascara. x