April 20, 2014 | 1964 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by socialdoc

If you like a mascara to give you fuller, thicker lashes, then this is it! I like my mascara to make my lashes really stand out, not just hi-light them with color, I want a WOW factor! This one delivers!

It can get a tad glumpy, but overall, it gives me the thickness I like a lot!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by tris99

I don't like this. I've used it for a while now thinking that somehow maybe I'll like it better. It's clumpy and it smells awful. Don't get this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 9:30:00 AM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This does what it says, but I still like Lash Blast better. I hate the smell of this mascara. It's just like the Lash Stiletto, and it's hard to describe, other than it stinks. I'll be sticking with LB.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2009 7:12:00 AM More reviews by danih

A first, I was a bit reluctant to try this mascara as every maybelline mascara Ive used is absolutely crap and doesn't do what is promised. Plus Ive been using covergirl's lashblast which is amazing! But i was very surprised, I actually like this mascara better than lashblast- it gave a more natural, softer/more defined lash look, but still gave volume (not as much as lashblast, but almost).
It is also very easy to wash off, which i love because i dont have to rub my eyes to get it off.
The only thing is (and this is the reason I only gave it 3 lippies) is that the smell is terrible (to me anyway), and I could smell it all day like another girl said she could and it was really annoying! I wish the smell wasnt so strong so I could use this every day because it looks really good, but unfortunately the smell is just too much for me lol so i wont be repurchasing :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by girlydancer462

this mascara was just ok. it lengthened more than volumized, which i really don't need since i have natually long, but thin lashes. it also un-curled my lashes more than my other mascaras. by the end of the day, it flakes a little, leaving little specks of black on your cheeks and under you're eyes. nothing was horribly awfull, but these little faults make it not so good. i got if 50% off, so i'm not too upset, and i will finish up the tube, but won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by jekkah

This is a truly great mascara. Lots of volume and length with no clumps, no flaking. If you really want a lot of volume, it takes a bit of time to build it up, but it doesn't clump even as you add on layers. The only thing that would keep me from repurchasing is the cheesy packaging (yellow and purple? seriously?). I've found that L'Oreal's new extra volume collagen mascara performs similarly, in a simple black tube. Maybe I'm just being silly, but packaging appearance does make a difference to me : )

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by tinathecookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is fabulous! It not only builds volume, but I find it lengthens and softens my lashes. It has a very thick consistency, which is lacking in some of the pricier mascaras. The brush is huge and great to apply with, the right length as well. For such a cheap mascara, it's fantastic. I have read on here that some people have experienced difficulties with drying out of the mascara, but i have had mine for about a month now and am just about through with it and it has not dried out. Probably better for frequent mascara users.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Centro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Man I really like Maybelline's mascara package designs! I guess that is one of the main reasons why I bought this product in the first place. It looks wayyy cuter than Cover Girl's Lash Blast.

At first I thought this mascara was my favourite. It did everything- seperated my lashes, zero flaking issues, and most importantly, it gave me AMAZING yet buildable volume. The sad thing is eventually I hated it. I noticed that I got "spider legs" when I used the Colossal Volum' Express after about 2 months. It smudged very easily and FLAKED A LOT!

So my point is, this mascara needs to be used up quickly or else it will suck. I do not think I would buy this product again. But if you have not tried it before, give it a shot! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by maya8486

The mascara was doing my lashes really long and it gave some volume to it but for sure it will never be as advertised on tv (they all wear false lashes...) but I liked the waterproof it stayed really long. Its really not expensive so for how much it cost its a great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by pinay09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara was okay. I think that it wasn't really all that when it came to volume, although it did volumize -- just not as much as it advertised. This mascara doesn't lenghthen in any way, and for some reason, it's hard to put tint the tips of my lashes with the brush, which i guess is the reason why it doesn't lengthen for me. =[