September 30, 2014 | 1804 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2007 2:25:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

This product is certainly not Dramatically Different, more like Absolutely Useless. It is pleasant to apply, not too thick, not fragranced, but as for it's moisturizing properties - forget it. It leaves my face feeling greasy and dirty, and leaves a strange white film on my skin if I don't rub it into my face for 10 minutes. It just never makes my skin feel moisturized, more like it has barrier cream on it. I have broken out because of this product too. Luckily I was using a (generous) sample size but I certainly won't be purchasing this. It also has no SPF, which makes it useless during the day unless you want to layer your face with products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this product, although if you live in a part of the world where there is a real winter, you might wanna switch to something a bit more intense during the winter season. But other than that, it is a good/average moisturizer.
    I recommend the pump, otherwise it is very unmanageable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 11:54:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the products I've "inherited" from my mom, i.e. the one product she swears by and has bought for me in the past. The packaging is now a cheaper-feeling plastic bottle instead of the thick glass it was before, but I love the addition of the pump with the bottle, makes it easier to get the product out.

The feel of the product itself is fine, as long as you use only a drop or two. On my skin, it's either too oily from late spring to early fall, then it doesn't moisturize my skin enough in the freezing, dry winter. Too much or not enough... wish it worked more consistently.

The price is average for the longevity of the lotion. It could be considered expensive, but when you buy it during promotion time and get some freebies with it the price is definately right.

I have known women that have sworn by it as their ONLY moisturizing choice, but it can't be mine in the summer and half of the winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2007 11:49:00 AM More reviews by luxebelle

Well, I've tried everything from La Mer to Vaseline. This product is very very overated. It's oily and doesn't melt well into the skin. I used it for one wekk and I'm used to a dewy glowy complexion and I looked dull and washed out. My makeup slipped all over the place. Not a good formula.

However, I got a lightbulb moment and now use it as a body lotion. It works very well, but again I like looking glowy dewy and this doesn't give that effect. It works well as a body lotion, though. Go figure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2007 1:04:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, first of all let me state I am a PT Clinique SA and could be fired for this review. I do NOT like this product. It clogged my pores, and gave me blackheads and turned my face into a grease slick. I don't mind the face wash and the clarifying lotions are fine, but this product I cannot and will not use. NOW, I sell this stuff and I know women who swear by it, but I can't in all good conscience say I like it, when I don't. I DO use alot of other Clinique products I DO love. But not this, they say they haven't changed this formula since it was invented, maybe they need too.

HUGE EDIT: I wrote the above review a few years ago before I totally understood DDML (SA shorthand for the product). This is a SKIN BALANCING moisturizer. It is NOT meant to be your moisturizer for wrinkle fighting or super hydrating or whatever. You put this on directly after you complete the first 2 steps to put the balance of oil and water back to proper levels in the skin. Your skin should immediately absorb the product w/o any residue on the skin. THEN you apply your serum (if you use one) and then your ancilliary moisturizer (the one that does all the work). I do this routine everyday and at 49 have eventoned soft skin. Also, I only use this product during the winter months, when my skin is dryer, I use the DDMG (Gel formula) in summer when my skin tends to be slightly oilier.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2007 9:23:00 AM More reviews by MissBehaviour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product broke me out dramatically (excuse the pun), in fact my skin suffered the worst reaction from this than from any other skin product I have ever tried. I have sensitive, dry skin and was attracted to this by the claims that it is perfume-free and good for sensitive skin. I can only advise others to steer clear of this or try several tester bottles before shelling out for it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by aquariusa

Oh, the all time classic clinique yellow lotion that claims to be great for everyones skin..some clinque counter ladies even tout it as a "miracle lotion". Now if it only worked on me or most of the people that have reviewed it!! I have been using this at night for the past two weeks...let me tell you what I wake up too. Huge pores on my cheeks (think orange peel skin), white heads and oil slicks all over my face!! Not pretty, with most other moisturizers I wake up with a fresh looking face but this one is an exception to the rule. For reference I'm combo acne prone and I need to moisturize at night or I tend to break out even more from dry skin. The only plus was that I didn't break out for this, but with so many other negatives it's oblivious. Also the price does not justify for this product ($31 cnd). I have used the Clinique 3 step system before though, although I did not use this moisturizer, the MA suggested another (moisture in control..see my review for that).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2007 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Sparkle76

I like it. Its a very basic moisturising lotion with no fragrance or silicones. It leaves my dry / senstive skin hydrated without any irritation or breakout.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2007 1:41:00 AM More reviews by barbiegirl62

It's okay. A little too greasy for me, but it did the job. Probably won't repurchase - it's better for those with drier skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2007 10:52:00 AM More reviews by glossy81

i really like this stuff, kind of surprised it doesnt get better reviews. but anyway, it works well for me.