April 19, 2014 | 1617 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2007 9:19:00 AM More reviews by thejuliex

i dont feel any dramatic results from using this product. and it is greasy. if i use it when i travel to tropical countries, i would get break outs. wont buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2007 12:30:00 PM More reviews by LadyLuck4554

I love this product. But its really important to use the WHOLE 3 Step system. If you use just bits and pieces of the system, you wont get the full effect. I would definately recommend this product to others.

PS- there is now a dramatically different moisturizing GEL for those who have said it has a greasy feel and clogs their pores. give the gel a try.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by kdeichsel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes... the lotion is dramatically different...

it's greasy, it doesn't penetrate well, it doesn't really moisturize, and it's price is simply absurd.

clinique is a brand who sells simply because of their name - nothing else. most of their toners include alcohol, their cleansers are the standard water solluable, detergent based cleansers you can buy from st. ives for less than $3.00, and their lotion is a fairly generic, overly hyped waste of time.

do yourself a favour - don't bother!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2007 5:53:00 PM More reviews by moonshadow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As with the rest of the Clinique 3-step skincare line, so far so good with this product. The skin on my forehead has been acting up this summer (I have normal skin that usually is not prone to breakouts at all) so I decided to try the 3-step skincare line. I haven't broken out in a while (knock on wood) and my skin feels nice. I use the mild liquid facial soap twice a day followed by this lotion only on my cheeks, eyes, chin, and sometimes my nose (depending on how dry it feels) and I use the Clarifying Lotion 2 at night on my forehead, nose, and chin. So far this regimen has been working for me. This lotion is very moisturizing without making my skin greasy (I'm careful to not apply it to trouble spots though) and it comes in a pump which is very convenient. I like that it is a no-frills product, and I plan to continue using it as long as it is nice to my skin. I'm giving this a 4 because it has no SPF so I have to add another product over it and this seems unnecessary to me. UPDATE: This product was too heavy for my skin and caused me to get clogged pores on my chin, which I have never had before. I think this might be good for someone with very dry skin, but I have stopped using moisturizer altogether and have gone back to using my staple, Alba sea lettuce cleansing milk without a toner or moisturizer, and I find my skin is much better than when I was using the Clinique 3-step skincare line.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by casey_231

I'm in love with this product. After trying some drugstore brands, I didn't really notice a difference, so I just stopped using moisturizer completely. But after I started using this it made my skin sooo soft, I can't even believe it! I only dab a little of it in the mornings and it's made such a big difference. this is a great product, I'll definitely buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2007 9:37:00 PM More reviews by kzolin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

When I was introduced to Clinique's 3-Step system about 14 years ago, DDML caused my neck to break out in a rash. (Not my face, only my neck.) Many years later, I decided to give it another try -- same problem. No other moisturizer has caused this type of reaction.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2007 2:25:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

This product is certainly not Dramatically Different, more like Absolutely Useless. It is pleasant to apply, not too thick, not fragranced, but as for it's moisturizing properties - forget it. It leaves my face feeling greasy and dirty, and leaves a strange white film on my skin if I don't rub it into my face for 10 minutes. It just never makes my skin feel moisturized, more like it has barrier cream on it. I have broken out because of this product too. Luckily I was using a (generous) sample size but I certainly won't be purchasing this. It also has no SPF, which makes it useless during the day unless you want to layer your face with products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this product, although if you live in a part of the world where there is a real winter, you might wanna switch to something a bit more intense during the winter season. But other than that, it is a good/average moisturizer.
    I recommend the pump, otherwise it is very unmanageable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 11:54:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the products I've "inherited" from my mom, i.e. the one product she swears by and has bought for me in the past. The packaging is now a cheaper-feeling plastic bottle instead of the thick glass it was before, but I love the addition of the pump with the bottle, makes it easier to get the product out.

The feel of the product itself is fine, as long as you use only a drop or two. On my skin, it's either too oily from late spring to early fall, then it doesn't moisturize my skin enough in the freezing, dry winter. Too much or not enough... wish it worked more consistently.

The price is average for the longevity of the lotion. It could be considered expensive, but when you buy it during promotion time and get some freebies with it the price is definately right.

I have known women that have sworn by it as their ONLY moisturizing choice, but it can't be mine in the summer and half of the winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2007 11:49:00 AM More reviews by luxebelle

Well, I've tried everything from La Mer to Vaseline. This product is very very overated. It's oily and doesn't melt well into the skin. I used it for one wekk and I'm used to a dewy glowy complexion and I looked dull and washed out. My makeup slipped all over the place. Not a good formula.

However, I got a lightbulb moment and now use it as a body lotion. It works very well, but again I like looking glowy dewy and this doesn't give that effect. It works well as a body lotion, though. Go figure.