Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 11/29/2009 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara. I already have rather long eyelashes, so for me to be able to darken and lengthen them is really dramatic. A lot of people comment on the smell, and it is truly only noticeable when I have the bottle open and am putting it on. To me, it smells just like potpourri. But it is really okay because the smell goes away within a matter of seconds. The claim on the packaging is that it gives "9X the volume in one coat with no clumps". I really don't see how it is possible in one coat, and it is a little bit of an exaggeration. However, the mega brush and the collagen really does make a difference. You can get 9X the volume by building it up and putting on several coats. I would recommend doing this while the mascara is still wet or tacky. Overall a great mascara for the price. I love it!!

on 11/28/2009 11:17:00 PM

I like how this mascara separates, darkens, and lengthens my lashes with little to no clumps. It's easily buildable for dramatic lashes. A lot of people complain about the wand being too big, but I've had no problems with it at all. The smell is the only thing I'd complain about... it's supposed to be "rose scented" but really it's just off-putting. But the smell never lasts for more than a minute, so it's okay.

on 11/28/2009 1:29:00 PM

Really liked it, thought it made my eyelashes very vuluptious and built up. The brush was big to get full coverage which is a plus. Perhaps need to re-apply throughout the day but thats only down point. Overall a good and worth while product :)

on 11/28/2009 12:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this product because it was new and people were saying it was good. I thought it was ok when i first used it but became dried up and a bit useless so i don't think i will buy it again :) x

on 11/26/2009 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is the worst mascara I have ever used. First the smell is just disgusting. Then when I put it on, my lashes clumped into like four pieces. I tried separating them with an eyelash comb, but that did very little. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Picked this up while I was out of town and I had forgot my beloved Lash Blast. Got it because it was on sale. I ended up falling in love with it! I prefer the bristles on the Colossal, it seems to give my lashes more of a lift. Also holds a curl all day. Love the packaging! I can always find it in my makeup bag cause it's so bright! haha.

on 11/25/2009 5:08:00 AM

This product was on sale at Target, so I thought that I would give it a try. This mascara not only clumps easily but leaves dark circles under my eyes in like 2 hours. Let's just say that I only used it a few times and it is now sitting in my drawer with a bunch of other stuff that I probably will not be using again. Sigh...

on 11/24/2009 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Not the worst mascara I have tried, but I don't like the large brush, can't get to the roots of the lashes. It's is buildable, though.

on 11/22/2009 11:35:00 PM

Meh - not my favorite, the brush has poked me in the eye several times because it is hard to get to the root of my lashes, it is black enough for me but Also, i have long lashes but when i put this on it makes them look stumpy and sparse because they all stick together and it is hard to separate them

on 11/22/2009 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this mascara! It seperates my lashes and volumizes them and it is a great rich black color. I got it on sale at wal-mart for $5.00! I believe this mascara would work better on longer lashes rather than shorter ones. I would purchase again. Current favorite mascara.