October 21, 2014 | 1923 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by reyiru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a mascara junkie. I like my lashes to be thick, long, and dramatic, this delivers quite well. It coats evenly and does not clump up. It keeps a curl as well. I am pleased with this product for it's formula and price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have one lash philosophy that drives my life and my mascara purchases, and that is this:

Eyelashes should be big.

This isn't to say they should be clump heaven. But they should be spiraling toward the heavens, fluffy and voluminous.

I never have a mascara HG. Maybe for like two seconds I might have a favorite, but I always believe that somewhere beyond the bend is a mascara that works harder, better, faster, stronger.

That said, this mascara's solid. It sets off an eye look very nicely because it's quite black, holds a curl and it lengthens and thickens well. Makes my lashes look fake. I also love, love, love a good enormous brush, and this also fits that bill. So, I'm satisfied... at least until the next really nice mascara comes along.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 5:28:00 AM More reviews by 135792468

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never felt moved to write a makeup review before. But then I have never felt the need to throw away a mascara before its allotted 6 month lifespan. This mascara flakes like nothing I have ever seen before. I have black specks all over my face within an hour. Dreadful. On the plus side, I like the big brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by HeavensWanderer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i bought this a few weeks ago, as id ran out of my favourite first thing first the tube itself its large and hard to use imo next THE SMELL roses? it smells cheap and nasty.
I like the wand itself im not really into those plastic spiky wands, it doesnt really do much for me and WARNING it flakes terribly , very embarassing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by hurricanenika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally don't buy the same mascara twice in a row for some reason, but now I will! This doesn't clump at all, and it really holds on to your lash curls for HOURS. While it may not give you the massive volume promised, it DOES give your lashes volume, just not as much as advertised. Definitely buying again.
Also, the bright yellow tube is awesome.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 7:19:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

This mascara lengthens and thickens my lashes, but after afew coats I noticed some clumping and during the day notice flaking, but minimal smudging.
I bought this before I purchased lash blast and I thought it was an OK mascara. Since recently buying lash blast, I have to say I prefer lash blast. The packaging on both aren't that great - too fat and chunky to handle, but you get used to it

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by mrssuarez21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It was not a bad product at all. But, I feel as though it was made to compete with LashBlast.. and not much can beat Lashblast.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Tickle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was pretty impressed with this mascara - it does what it claims to do. I have very short, straight and sparse lashes and this mascara thickens and lengthens quite nicely. I also like that it doesn't make my lashes stiff and hard. I have the glam black which is nicely pigmented. The only negative is it has an odd scent but it's bearable. It's pretty close to being HG status.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 1:12:00 AM More reviews by mattejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this mascara!

While I don't think it does that much to volumize, it does a GREAT job of lengthening and defining lashes. I get so many compliments with this. I can't count how many times people have asked me if my lashes were fake!

The mascara does not clump at ALL, and it REALLY knows how to hold a curl. I can wear it for 12+ hours with little to no smudging, and by the end of the day, my lashes are STILL as curled as they were in the morning.

A great mascara! A+

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Zedar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on Allure Magazine's endorsement. However, Maybelline Colossal doesn't compare to Max Factor 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper or L'Oreal Voluminous mascara (I love volume mascara)!