La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Ingredients: Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, [sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Duncecap, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate], Paraffin, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Beta-carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat

on 7/20/2002 9:41:00 PM

Out of all the La Mer products I have tried, this is my favorite. Although it was no miracle for my skin, and it is terribly expensive, it did make my skin soft and didn't break my out. *But* I get that same results with Dream Sensitive Skin Lotion and Pola 1/f mosturizer.

on 7/7/2002 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great product for people with Dry to Very Dry skin, I don't use this every day, but it is great for rough patches, such as elbows, instantly smooths skin, and also makes an excellent eye cream, I rate this a 5 and would buy it again because it is a great multi-purpose luxe cream that works.

on 6/30/2002 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really do like this. I like the texture, and patting it on... makes me feel like skin care is more of a ritual than a chore. It's only a pain when I am soooo sleepy, and don't want to bother warming the cream between my fingers.

on 6/18/2002 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a miracle in a jar. I have been using this product, the serum and the eye creme for 2 years now. I am 48 and people everywhere stop me and ask about my skin. Thanks to these products, I still don't have any visible lines around my eyes and only one or two small ones around my mouth. I had my 22 year old daughter try it a year ago (she has a tendancy to break out with combination skin) and she now swears by it. She doesn't want to use anything else. I would recommend these products to anyone.

on 6/13/2002 4:36:00 PM

I can't believe I gave into the hype and bought this. This have me nothing but breakouts and skin problems. My $4 bottle of C&C Dual Moisturizer does a better job.

on 6/11/2002 11:17:00 AM

It is very oily and unreasonble price. I think it is just suitable for Old ladies.

on 6/3/2002 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My holy grail...as most reviewers have discovered, this isn't a product for smooth young skin, but take some sun damage, a few years and a few lines and this stuff is *magic*! Yes it is ungodly expensive, yes there doesn't appear to contain any magic ingredients but it works somehow, and for my money, that says it all! Lines, dark circles fade away, my dry skin is glowing and happy...so am I!

on 5/23/2002 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I read one review about Creme de la Mer that said you should just save for a facelift - you could pay for one with theprice of 30 or so jars. But wouldn't you rather buy the cream and skip the facelift entirely?! I'm almost 45 and have better skin than many 25-year-olds I know. And I owe that to Creme de la Mer.

If you're oily, use the Lotion or the Oil-Absorbing Lotion, and wait until you're older and drier for the Creme. It really is normalizing, though. Even when I used to have combination skin, my T-zone actually was less oily when I used the Creme regularly. I hate the price, but I won't stop buying it. I've tried a few times, and I didn't like what my skin started to look like after a few weeks. I do buy mine on e-Bay now. I was really afraid it would be fake stuff when I first tried, but I've had great luck so far. Just be careful. Look carefully at the pictures - you can usually spot the fakes.

on 5/23/2002 1:00:00 AM

I don't know where most of the other members live, but in Australia Creme de la Mer is hideously expensive. The 2oz jar retails for just over au$3,000!
I have used this product and think its the best. You do have to be patient for the results though

on 5/22/2002 11:47:00 AM

Ohmigod!! My mother turned me on to this and absolutely love it. I have normal skin so I use this as a night cream only, but after only days I notice a difference. My skin feels softer, it's clearer, and blemishes are nowhere to be found!!