October 30, 2014 | 1349 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2003 7:24:00 AM More reviews by cozzoli

I put on a sample this morning. Perked my skin up and gave a nice glow, but two hours later, I can already feel small bumps coming up on my chin and nose. Too oily for combo skin. Gotta go wash it off. Would not buy the full size product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2003 11:28:00 AM More reviews by apples

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like Hope in a Jar a LOT because it is not only a good moisturizer, but an effective treatment product which leaves my skin glowing. I really don't need very much product to cover my face, so 1 jar lasts quite a long time.

It doesn't have an SPF, so I either use a foundation with SPF or sunblock over the Hope in a Jar. I use Hope in a Jar day or night, sometimes both.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2003 10:48:00 PM More reviews by geographer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was another bad product with bad results for me. It absolutely stinks-I actually had to get up from bed to wash it off because I couldn't sleep due to the smell on my face. Still, I tried it again and again. It broke me out horribly. YUCK.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2003 11:22:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this with my latest Sephora order and I was so excited to try it. My skin is very sensitive and lately it's been a bit dry. My skin stays clear so I don't bother with foundation or powder.

I applied this in the morning and then went to work. Within 30 minutes of applying this my skin felt very oily. Infact, my face was so oily and greasy from this lotion that my hair that frames the sides of my face actually got oily from touching my face. Ewwwwwwwwwwww! That has never happened before. When I got home work I noticed the oily end of my hair (which is NEVER oily) and I had the beginnings of several pimples where I had applied the lotion on my forehead, chin, and cheeks.

Grrrrrrrrreat. Stay away from this one!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2003 12:53:00 AM More reviews by MegAna

I also got the lovely allover face rash which itched like crazy. I returned it for a full refund. The only good thing was that a week after the rash my skin looked great - it was like a chemical peel!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2003 7:14:00 PM More reviews by desireefl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Made my skin break out into a rash. It was a disaster.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2003 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Connie11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this, and I really did not like the smell. I prefer to enjoy the smell of my products. Other than that, it seemed like a pretty good moisturizer, although I was just trying it from a sample.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2003 6:54:00 PM More reviews by ophilia

No effect at all. A waste of money. My first Phil product, probably never use the brand again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2003 3:04:00 AM More reviews by BittyB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good stuff! I have been using it for a week and can already tell a difference in the brightness and fine lines. It can be a tad greasy, so I put it on lightly for the day. The only problem is the smell which is a strong plastic smell that lingers for awhile..yuck

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2003 11:00:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpJunky7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great moisturizer for normal/combination skin! I have smooth, glowing skin after using this for awhile in combination with Prescriptive's Vibrant. I agree that the smell could be improved upon but it won't turn me away from buying it again.