July 28, 2014 | 1831 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2003 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Jodie_h_98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff makes my skin GLOW! I never even noticed the smell....

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2003 2:19:00 PM More reviews by VeneziaQuintana

Cute name for an awful product! I did not find the quality of this moisturizer particularly wonderful nor did I appreciate the horrid melted-plastic smell. Moving on...

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2003 8:14:00 AM More reviews by raogle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The morning after I tried this product for the first time, I woke up with a horrible rash on my face. By the next day, my face was so swolen that my eyes were nearly shut. I love trying new products and have never had this happen. Luckily, I purchased it from QVC and was able to get my $$ back.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2003 9:23:00 PM More reviews by chaki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thank goodness I just got this is a sample and didn't shell out the $ for this garbage! I used the sample and Presto! within hours I had several lovely whiteheads on my chin. I contacted Philosophy about this and the rep said my skin was "purging" out the impurities in my skin b/c of the lactic acid. Nice try sweetheart, I was already using a lactic acid and it never meade me break out like this. Avoid this product or if you're still tempted, get a sample.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2003 4:41:00 PM More reviews by cherrytruffle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Shame on me, I feel for the hype on this product too! You know the smell IS the worst, but if the product worked miracles as is promised one could stand the smell, but it doesn't. Actually it caused some break out on my face. I don't use it on my face anymore but I can't bring myself to throw it out after spending that much $ on it, so I just occasionally use it on my neck. What a waste on $.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2003 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Feisty4942

This is my all time favorite moisturizer. Sure, the scent isn't too appealing, but once you get past that, it's great. My face just feels fresh after I use it. It really helped even out my skin. When using this product, a little goes a long way. I'm still on my first jar after four months, and I use it just about everyday. This is a great product. Definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2003 1:47:00 PM More reviews by carokoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has been my absolute staple - my oily breakout-prone skin has not sprouted a single blemish since I started using this moisturiser! Everytime I try something new the zits come back, so I know I'll never stop using this beauty. The smell I actually kinda like - it's a clinical, plastic flowery type smell, but faint enough not to be offensive. It smooths over your skin easily, and at first you'll think that it just sits there, but give it 10 seconds and the next time you touch your skin it's disappeared, with just softer, firmer skin left. I wish it were cheaper, but you do use very little with each application. Very travel-friendly packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2003 9:21:00 PM More reviews by deecee99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a convert to this stuff and I'm 1/2 way through the jar. And I'll be buying another one. I've tried all kinds of moisturizers and this one moisturizes without leaving me greasy. My hubby does refer to this stuff as the "contraceptive" lotion, since the smell is a real turn off (described as "old lady" like - maybe lavender??).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2003 9:47:00 AM More reviews by lsgoods

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was just nothing special to me. Read the hype and hoped for the best - but to me it was just an average moisturizer in cute packaging that costs way to much!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2003 12:43:00 AM More reviews by KitKat17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer works really well as a night cream for those with oily skin. It sinks right into your skin, no greasy feeling, didn't make me break out... if anything, it improved my complexion. It's wonderful, except for... THE SMELL! Why, oh, why does it smell like that? The first time I caught a whiff, it reminded me of some kind of weird, metallic, iron-y type of scent. It is really a bizarre smell that's hard to even describe! If they could remove that odor, it would be perfect. Too bad!