Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

Not crazy about this mascara. I am a mascara whore though admittedly. I never buy the same kind twice. That said this is definitely not getting a second look. I HATE the smell of this stuff. And it doesn't go away. I can smell it long after application. It was also way to clumpy at first I had to let it dry out a bit before I could get a decent coat that wasn't a spidery clumpy mess. I can get past some of those things but what sealed it for me was the fact that it flakes terribly on me. I have to check my face four or five times a day minimum to keep from people stopping me to tell me I have something on my face.

Update: I don't think I even made it to the three month mark. This flakes so bad I have to throw it out. Horrible, will not repurchase. Still can't get over the terrible smell.

on 11/15/2009 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cause I was short on cash and it was cheaper then Lash Blast, and I was with my friend who said she thought it worked much better. In my opinion it doesn't even compare. It seemed to flake off after and hour, it gave me great lashes when I first applied it, but thats it.

on 11/14/2009 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara, on how it makes your lashes huge so fast, and it doesn't clump much. the only thing that wasn't very pleasant is the smell. it smells like a whole bunch of different perfumes mixed together. ewhie. but you get used to it after awhile.

this mascara was alright...it was way too wet and smelly when i first got it. the bottle was cute, but I wasn't very impressed by it with it's first few uses. Yes, I know the mascara rule..Don't judge by the first run. I gave it a chance, but it just fell to the depths of my makeup collections. Fast forward to a few months later, I was cleaning out my makeup, and came across the mascara. I know I should've binned it, but I tried it. It was a lot better, but still just okay. This is a good basic mascara...I guess..I wouldn't really reccomend it. Despite another reviewer not liking lashblast, I prefered the orange lashblast to any other drugstore mascara.

on 11/11/2009 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I thought this left my lashes looking messy & ugly, the first time I used this, but subsequent uses proved me wrong. The thing is, you have work quickly. If you do, and if you get used to the specific way to use this brush (rolling at the tips is important), then they look good.
Also, with this mascara, I use the business card trick so it doesn't smudge.

on 11/10/2009 11:21:00 PM

I LOVE this mascara! I tried LashBlast for awhile and it was okay, but waaaay too hard to take off. This gives me volume, length, and is virtually clump-free.

The scent is funky but I got over it.

on 11/10/2009 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My new favorite!

on 11/9/2009 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I liked this product at first as I found it to be a deep dark black and provided some volume however after a short while I noticed it would flake. I also found it hard to evenly distribute the product amongst my lashes. I find Cover Girl's lash blast and Voluminous do a better job at providing volume to my medium length asian lashes.

on 11/8/2009 11:24:00 PM

I think this might be my HG. It gives lush volume, and curls really nicely. It's all around a really great mascara! <3

on 11/8/2009 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great mascara, goes on nicely without clumping... but only if you wipe pretty much ALL of the mascara off on the edge of the tube prior to applying. Does add volume to my sparse lashes..... top mascara, even if it takes a little extra time.