December 18, 2014 | 1821 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by AmalieJK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this. I see there's some people who isnt so impressed, but i think when it comes to mascara, theres the product and theres the method. Its a great great mascara, and yes i can see it can clump, but if you put a little efford (not even a lot) into applying it, its a very very good mascara. It thickens and i gives great volume and a good lenght to your lashes. And the smell? Honestly you get used to it, and you almost doesnt notice it. How often are you standing and smelling your mascara while applying it? ;P its a wonderful mascara. Ive bought it severel times.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by candyisverygood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite mascara of all time. It volumizes my thin, short lashes to an extreme that I thought was unreal before I tried this product. It doesn't give a whole lot of length, but it does give amazing volume that makes my eyelashes look fake. If you are going for a natural look, this is not your mascara! The brush is nice and thick and not flexible. Some people say that the formula has a horrible smell, but it smells like any other mascara. Overall, a wonderful mascara for a pretty good price, compared to some of the new ones coming out that cost $13-$14. I really don't get how some people don't like this!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Cookiebuttt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They really should call this mascara CLUMP-OSSAL clumping express. I purchased this from my local cvs for about $7.99. I was eager to try this because I had high hopes. When I first opened the bottle I recognized that floral scent which was very similar to the lash stilleto formula. I liked the size of the brush but the bristles themselves were cheap and plastic and when I applied it to my lashes it felt like it scraped the base of my lashes. It felt so scratchy and painful. Regardless it was still tolerable. The result of the effect this mascara did for me was nothing but clump up my lashes and make them stick together. I even tried seperating them with an eyelash comb and fluffing them out with a clean mascara wand but this formula is terrible. For me this was a complete waste of money. I have very long eyelashes but not very much volume, I currently alternate between Prestige my biggest lashes which I absolutely adore! & I also use Clinique's high defenition mascara which goes on like dream because it's buildable and never clumps. I'm still on an endless search for my HG mascara, but seriously ladies don't waste your time or money on this. By far this is the worst mascara I've ever used in my life.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by mamimimicita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is pretty good when you put it on. it looks nice it lengthens and makes my lashes look thicker. the problem that i have with the mascara is trying to take it off. When i take it off at night its like pulling my eyelashes off. I have so much trouble taking all of it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Masta90

This mascara really works for me. It doesn't flake, it isn't clumpy, it gives me volume AND length! And yes, the smell is horrible, but, that just doesn't matter to me. It IS a mascara after all! All in all, it is the best mascara i've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 9:58:00 AM More reviews by adelaamarante

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchase this product over and over again. There are products and times that one must purchase only high end--this is not one of those times. For about six bucks you get a fantastic mascara that lengthens and volumizes short or thin lashes, giving you a full, flirtatious look.
I have been using this mascara for several years now and find that it is just one of those products I always go back to. (FAR more than the expensive HE mascara.) I highly reccommend going out and giving this a try, you've got nothing to lose and at about $6 usd it won't break the bank.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2009 9:52:00 AM More reviews by lexi95

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

overall, this is a pretty good mascara. pretty good lengthening, but not as much volume as full n' soft. lots of people say they hate the rose smell but i really dont mind it (its not like anyones going to be like hey do your lashes smell rosy?) no one will know guys, so dont sweat it. another complaint is the packaging. say it ugly and bulky. well i personally love the packing. i would rather have that than plain blak.. but that just me. hope i helped!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by nucturn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product has gives an volumizing effect to my lashes just as it claims but I'm particularly sensitive towards scented cosmetics. The scent do bother me a bit during my application of the mascara but once it's on I really don't care.
Another thing that I really dislike about this product is the brush , It is so huge that i can't reach the corners of my lashes. My lashes are short and thin. With the huge brush it just takes a lot of time to apply it and I have to clean my eyelid every time because of the mascara residue during the application.
Overall , this product is decent enough but it might need some improvements. Until them I might just find another mascara that is easier to apply.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
update: After using this for some time now, I finally liking this product. I have to say that the brush is huge and it takes time to get use to it. Same issue with the brush not reaching out to the corners of my eyes. But after a few practice, I did see that my lashes looks thicker but it does not really hold the curls so well.

Conclusion: Not the perfect mascara for me but it's a great at volumizing my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by babygirl12793

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. The only thing that made be a bit "weirded out" at first was the awkward smell, not bad, just unusual becuase i had never even heard of a scented mascara. But I got one and tried it and I really lved it and for a while i stopped using it to try a different mascara but i always seem to jump back to this one reminding myself of its excellent formula. Never has it flaked on me or clumped my eyelashes and i've certainly gotten use to the smell. Its a great product and i recommend it to anyone!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by jlheartsmakeup

more than three coats and its clumpmania for me! it really really thickens like crazy, but doesnt add too much length. very dramatic mascara i can so afford!