La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Ingredients: Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, [sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Duncecap, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate], Paraffin, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Beta-carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat

on 8/1/2002 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Let me just say that Creme de la mer is the best moisturizer ever!! I had some serious skin problems (acne scars, dryness,etc.)and this just smoothed it all away. I have been using the Creme, Moisurizing lotion and the serum for about 7 months now and people have told me that I look great! Others tell me that my skin looks like it's glowing. The bad thing is the price but when it comes to my skin I don't care what the price is!!!

Very expensive product, but since it does the job of moisturising without suffocating my skin I will repurchase. A little goes a long way, a tub lasts quite long time.

on 7/28/2002 2:21:00 PM

Price? YIKES! Okay -- I'm guily of collecting several samples of this because I surely wasn't going to shell out this much money for something without trying it. After 2-3 months of use -- no noticeable difference in my skin. It was nice, but not worth the money IMHO.

on 7/20/2002 9:41:00 PM

Out of all the La Mer products I have tried, this is my favorite. Although it was no miracle for my skin, and it is terribly expensive, it did make my skin soft and didn't break my out. *But* I get that same results with Dream Sensitive Skin Lotion and Pola 1/f mosturizer.

on 7/7/2002 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great product for people with Dry to Very Dry skin, I don't use this every day, but it is great for rough patches, such as elbows, instantly smooths skin, and also makes an excellent eye cream, I rate this a 5 and would buy it again because it is a great multi-purpose luxe cream that works.

on 6/30/2002 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really do like this. I like the texture, and patting it on... makes me feel like skin care is more of a ritual than a chore. It's only a pain when I am soooo sleepy, and don't want to bother warming the cream between my fingers.

on 6/18/2002 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a miracle in a jar. I have been using this product, the serum and the eye creme for 2 years now. I am 48 and people everywhere stop me and ask about my skin. Thanks to these products, I still don't have any visible lines around my eyes and only one or two small ones around my mouth. I had my 22 year old daughter try it a year ago (she has a tendancy to break out with combination skin) and she now swears by it. She doesn't want to use anything else. I would recommend these products to anyone.

on 6/13/2002 4:36:00 PM

I can't believe I gave into the hype and bought this. This have me nothing but breakouts and skin problems. My $4 bottle of C&C Dual Moisturizer does a better job.

on 6/11/2002 11:17:00 AM

It is very oily and unreasonble price. I think it is just suitable for Old ladies.

on 6/3/2002 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My holy grail...as most reviewers have discovered, this isn't a product for smooth young skin, but take some sun damage, a few years and a few lines and this stuff is *magic*! Yes it is ungodly expensive, yes there doesn't appear to contain any magic ingredients but it works somehow, and for my money, that says it all! Lines, dark circles fade away, my dry skin is glowing and happy...so am I!