La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

on 11/10/2002 11:01:00 PM

I have a love-hate relationship with this product. While it did made my skin look clearer and fade some of my acne scars and reduced my pores size but it also gave me blackheads and breakouts in some areas of my face.

My friends have commented that my skin does look better now (I did not tell them that I was using this). Then again, I did go for Intense Pulse Light treatment so could be the results of that..

I've learned to adjust the amount of cream I put on my face. Putting it on areas that need it and it does work so much better now.I use this only at night unless the weather is really dry in the day. But its really a chore as I need to put some other moisturiser on my other parts of the face.

Really good for dry weather; that's when I get all the skin flakes.
I'm still having mixed feelings about this.

on 11/7/2002 10:29:00 PM

Crappy & Ugly packaging!!! But oh how I love this cream. Not that it actually takes away wrinkles, fades spots, diminish acne, heals scars, firms, or depuffs. It doesn't do any of that. In fact, it just moisturizes and takes care of the crepeiness I get on expression areas, for a short period of time... I think its main function is Anti-irritant/soothing, which is a universal property of the dirt-cheap seaweed/algae family. It takes away all the redness and rashes that I often get. Even though the cream doesn't do much, somehow it really makes me feel better about my skin and thus I love this cream! Irrational huh? But that's how women rate skin care products and how the industry makes money! Ha.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I admit it, I bought into the hype. Going to my source (eBay) I bid on a sample pack of Creme De La Mer. I anxiously awaited the arrival of the package, driving the mailman nuts in the process. Finally it arrived, I sprinted up the stairs, ripped open the package and stared at the tiny pots of cosmetic "gold." I followed the instructions to a T. Warming b/ween my fingers, then pat, pat, pat. I went to bed hoping to wake-up transformed. I was transformed all right, into a big zit. Horrified I vowed never to go near this product again, but curiosity drew me in about 3 weeks later. I gave it another shot and zits, zits, zits. Thinking I could come out ahead in this situation I bought a bottle of the oil-free, not only did it make my make-up look horrid after application, it gave me zits as well! Estee Lauder can keep this seaweed infested "Miracle."

on 11/4/2002 7:19:00 PM

I take very good care of my skin and as a 30 something I am not ready for this product. It is meant for skin that is in a corrective stage not preventative.Too much hype.

on 10/29/2002 11:41:00 AM

After all the hoo-hah, I felt compelled to try this cream. One jar lasted a year and honestly, I don't get it; for so much money, this product is just average. But it does have a comforting, grandmotherly type scent. One major benefit I need to add however, this cream has a wonderfully soothing and restorative effect on severely dry, chapped "winter" skin.

My skin has a more even tone after I use this, and I break out less often. I'm not crazy about its scent, but I can live with it. I'm in my mid-20's, so I'm not sure how it works on wrinkles.

on 10/20/2002 8:49:00 PM

Creme de la Mer is probably the most hyped, the most reviewed, of all skin care products. So why am I adding my opinion? Because I think that this product is for a particular demographic: if you are "older" (read "menopausal") or beyond, this face cream really is the holy grail. I absolutely love it, although I use it only in the colder weather (even in my mid 50's, this is too rich for summer). As much as I love it, my mother, in her mid 80's, adores it! So, I believe that the older you and your skin get, the more they can benefit from this product. I am much more skeptical about the other La Mer products, since they were "invented" by the Estee Lauder scientists post purchase of the original formula.

They have to be kidding me! 1,000 dollars for a 500 ml tub of this overpriced vaseline texured cream? Come on....It smells like Ponds face cream, only a jar of Ponds in about 13 dollars, this about 1300 dollars. to be fair though it does hydrate, but the price will hurt you more than any dry flake of skin would...

I wanted to like this product so much. I've struggled for years to find the right skin care line for my skin. I thought this was it. Uh, no. I do keep it around for times when my face or eyes feel especially dry or irritated. But as a daily moisturizer? Nope. It's way too powerful. And the thing is, I'm not entirely sure all that heavy moisture is really getting in there. : (

on 9/12/2002 8:32:00 AM

After joining the MUA and seeing the constant and steady praise for the La Mer creme, I took myself over to the nearest Saks 5th Avenue and aquired a sample pot. Far too emolient to use on my face, I took to using it as an eye creme. It worked beautifully! I was in love and since a sample jar lasted nearly 2 months as an eye creme, I visited about 4 other department stores and got additional sample pots. Life in Eden was grand... and the rent was free to boot. However, as we all know, paradise was lost in the end. No sooner had I mentally acknowledged that I would forever love and use the La Mer before I started to develop the most horrible case of undereye milia. Then I noticed where I had used abit on dry spots around my frown lines, I had enlarged pores. After 25 years of keeping my oily skin free of the "orange peel" syndome, I had 3 large and quite distinct pores. I was absolutely devastated. I haven't used the creme since that fall from grace, but, I can't say I didn't enjoy my time in the garden :-/