April 17, 2014 | 1981 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by bananachips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hate this crap. I have short, thin lashes and this doesn't do much for them. Volumizes more than lengthens, but also clumps. I think the main problem is the brush - not soft or brush-like at all, doesn't grab onto my lashes. Will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by NuttyPoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this because my friend had recommended it to me (and it was on sale for $5). I read reviews long ago and never attempted to buy it 'til recently when I ran out of CoverGirl Lash Blast Luxe. I have fine thin but considerably long lashes and I need all the volume this world has to offer!
So I tried it for the first time.. HATED the smell. I hated the smell long before I bought it, I could smell it off of my friend without even trying! I think Maybelline tried to go for a rose/honey scent but it went horribly wrong on their part. I thought my tube went rancid cause it smelt even worse than my friends! I still used it because I thought I was being a little too skeptical. I say it gives volume but nothing dramatic. If you dare to put 3 coats, you'll see clumps. You'll get clumps regardless if you don't use a mascara guard or business card. It also flakes throughout the day and if you're one to touch your eyes, it'll smear and smudge. However, it is a very light weight formula so it doesn't drag down curls.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by winian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is an alright mascara. Def gave me dramatic lashes. But my prob with it is the smell! I don't like it! Also it clumps and flakes a lot. Lash Blast way out preforms this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by kimnn16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually think this maybelline mascara works the best for me out of the other drugstore mascaras that I have tried. It definitely gives my lashes more volume(i have short lashes that aren't stick straight, but still short) and that's all I can ask for right? I do wish it lengthened more but oh well, maybelline advertises this as volumizing the lashes more. As my upper lashes are short, so are my bottom lashes but this does help in extending my lashes more. I wish that the packaging weren't so messy though. I always have left over product on the tube and its just ugh. I will repurchase this product again, and I have before in spite of the packaging quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by macquadisiac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

AWFUL! Clumpy, heavy, chunky, piece of crap! It actually does smell like roses (how weird!) but not in a pleasant way. I really wish I hadn't ever purchased this. I am giving it to my roomie because she wants to try it for some bizarre reason, but I doubt she will like it either. What a waste. Will update.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2009 6:43:00 PM More reviews by polkadotsz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara thickens, but not so much keep its curl
it lengthens too
but not as good as lash blast
the packaging is like lash blast.
but not as good.
i recommend though
it gives good volume and thickening

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by baycoralore

I was bought by many positive reviews and..so stupid..advertising.

It is really nothing special. I have long natural lashes, so I can buy practically any mascara to achieve more or less okay look. So that's why I always look for something exceptional. To be honest, I haven't found any yet, so I keep looking.

As for this mascara, I will not buy it again, it just doesn't stand out. To my mind lashes look too "wet", though it gives volume.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by ASaner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This gives great length and volume, but it clumps horribly ~ if not for that, this would be perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 4:43:00 AM More reviews by fromsmithwlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG mascara, and I've tried them all. Absolutely love this! I used to be a big fan of the XXL mascaras from Maybelline, but I'm on my third tube of Colossal and I doubt I'll go back for a while! Gives great color, great separation, great thickening, it's just one of those mascaras that can really do it all. I don't need a lot of lengthening as my lashes are already pretty long, so I'm always looking for something thickening. I'm not sure if this is the greatest if you're looking for a lengthening mascara even though it claims to do that well. If you're looking for thick-looking lashes this one's a good bet. I like it both in Classic and Glam Black.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 1:07:00 AM More reviews by fluffeesquirrel

Prior to purchasing this mascara, I was extremely hesitant; and it's for a couple reasons: 1) I'm very prone to impulse buying (names, packaging, and newness draw me in FAST) and 2) I've heard such mixed reviews about it (regarding flaking, quality, and most of all SMELL). After doing some research, I decided to finally purchase it- today. It is currently 1AM and I've been wearing it for 10 hours in the humid Florida sun out and about- at a kid's birthday party, all over. No flaking. When I opened it, I did notice a faint smell... it wasn't good, but it also wasn't bad. It went away as soon as it went on pretty much- another pro. The last and probably most important- it made my lashes look amazing. Probably not 9X better... but come on. I'm part Asian on my dad's side and my mom just has terrible eyelashes- you can see my dilemma. This stuff not only added the promised volume, but it also made them appear longer. I highly recommend it, it's a good price and good quality; and if the smell is too much or you find you don't like it- then just return it. Wal*Mart takes anything back! Definitely worth at least a try.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No