December 22, 2014 | 1715 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 7:52:00 AM More reviews by gymgoddess19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE! I was at Sephora trying to find a new mascara (after l'oreal's collagen mascara failed me) and I tried on some DiorShow which I loved but I knew I would feel guilty about the $24 price tag, as I have in the past when I bought high-end mascara. Passed on DiorShow and went to target. Saw Colassal Volum' Express and I remember using it before and I really couldnt remember if I liked it or not. Seeing how it only cost $5 and some change, I decided that it wouldnt be a huge loss if it was less-than-stellar. Well, I tried it on this morning and WOW. My lashes look at least twice as long and they stand out so well ( I have naturally black lashes and I used "glam black" and they look better than usual). This mascara also seemed to hold the curl very well. My lashes practically look fake. Definitely would buy again! This has the possibility of being a HG mascara ( a first for me)!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by amara8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this mascara! It makes my lashes look very full and it lengthens quite a bit! It does have a weird smell that takes some getting used to but overall this is a great mascara!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by tarapickholtz

Love it! I definitely got a lot of volume and length from this mascara. It was easy to apply and I didn't have any trouble with clumping. I did have a tiny bit of flaking (I touch my eyes a lot), but it looked so good, that I still give it 5 lippies. The bright tube is fun and easy to find in my makeup bag. I have received a lot of compliments on my eyelashes while wearing this mascara! I wear two coats for a good, dramatic look.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by CarlaQc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Few was getting rather tired from running around buying every mascara available, well i must say this ones a goody!
My eyelashes have a sense of humour , basically they like to be short, non existant at times and they sit flat which is all really enoying so because of that i love this mascara. It really works and thats even without using an eyelash curler for 10secs before hand. The smell is strange but not noticeable to anybody but yourself after application, it must be some sort of flowers or something i can smell.

Only one problem with this mascara and its the packaging, the wand is rather small, so twice when i have been playing around with it i have broke it therefore making the brush lodged inside the mascara.

Really think this is a great product one of Maybellines best to date!!
DEFINATLEY buy this if you want long, thick lashes that look awesome!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by xMissMurderx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought this was a decent mascara, I dont recall having any problems with it. I normally use two diffrent mascaras, Id do one coat with this and then add another coat from some other brand. I really like the effect it gives and the way it builds my lashes up. I agree it has a smell, it took me a few days to notice it though..Im not used to mascara having such a strong scent. Everytime Id go to apply my mascara Id be like hmm I smell flowers again. To me it smells kinda flowery, I agree its strange but doesnt bother me in the least. Id buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by caroe7

Meh, not very impressed with this mascara. I don't have any problems with it clumping (clump-ossal, lol!) or smudging, just that it does have kind of an odd smell. Doesn't really lengthen or volumize any more than all of the other mascaras I've used. At least I got it half off.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by spicei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this mascara. It gives my lashes such a full look. I like the smell of it. One of my favorites.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by daniela8744

Clumpy formula that smelled strange. Reminded me of a grandma cheap perfume type smell. Clumped my eyelashes and flaked. Ugly packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by mishycakes

scent? i didnt realize this had a scent. its not noticable IMO. i like this mascara for different reasons, with #1 being that even though its supposed to be a VOLUMIZING mascara, i found that it lengthened my lashes beautifully, waaaaaay better than lash stilletto ever did.i tend to like the rubber bristles that some mascaras have but this tubes wand had a larger brush but it wasnt an issue, it got all my lashes covered. i didnt see any flaking/clumping other say they experience. i'll defintely be buying this again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 6:02:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm beginning to think I'm spending more money trying to find cheaper mascaras than if I stick to the HE ones I know I like. However... In this instance I went away and left makeup at home, and had to get something readily available and relatively inexpensive.

Pros -
Lengthens
Volumises adequately (given its name I was expecting better results here, but it was adequate, especially when layered)
Didn't clump with the three coats I used
Didn't make my natural curl fall out

Cons -
Smears, smudged and flaked. Not just around my lashline, but all through my eyesocket and down onto cheekbone.

Result: I'm really quite disappointed. From the positives I originally thought I'd found a good drugstore mascara, but then when I saw a mirror a few hours later I realised how wrong I was. continued >>