La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

on 12/19/2002 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A fellow MUAer recently sent me a sample jar of this wonderful cream. Because of the price I was really hoping I wouldn't like it. However, this stuff is probably the best under eye treatment I've ever used. It really smooths out the fine lines under and around the eyes and stays moisturized ALL DAY. I've also used it as an all over moisturizer at night and it's wonderful. My skin feels and looks sooo good in the mornings that I almost hate to wash my face. However, I think I'll just stick to using it under the eyes for now. Highly recommended if you've got the money to try this
and need something for "older" drier skin. I wouldn't recommend it for you younger ladies that aren't dealing with aging issues yet, though. Will definitely be repurchasing this one (if I can afford it)!!

Will update later if my opinion on this changes.

on 12/18/2002 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product saved me from months of misery! When I was prescribed a benzoil peroxied cream for my acne it severely burned my face.After having heard the background for the cream I decided to invest in a pot myself.In just two days of use the blister and the welts disappeared.A week later my skin was back to normal.
This product is for DRY skin only.It will do nothing for oily skin except clog your pores.Try the lotion instead.

on 12/13/2002 1:38:00 AM

CDLM is for "mature" skin - youngsters don't need this heavy stuff. Eventually, you will. And you will be glad that such a product is out there for you.

on 12/11/2002 7:14:00 PM

This is a good moisturizer but I'm not convinced it's worth the high price. IMO there are moisturizers out there for 1/2 the cost that work equally as well. I only used this at night and while it did leave my skin soft and glowing when I woke up, my Lancome Primordial Night Cream did the same.

on 12/10/2002 2:10:00 PM

I only use this when I feel my skin is tight and dry and then it works wonders. On a regular basis however it leaves me looking and feeling greasy. The biggest improvement were my lips, I also apply it on them and it left them lush and bee-stung!

on 12/9/2002 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have combo/dry skin and when I first used LaMer, I really slapped a fair amount of it on every night--and promptly broke out. I finally figured out that using much less than I had been using (just a tiny bit, warming it up well on my hands and patting it on), and not using it every night (I just put it on when my skin feels dry) is the ticket for me. Voila--skin miracle! I wake up with glowy, hydrated skin in the AM. It's all in the technique with this product, IMHO.

on 12/9/2002 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Shortly after my 17th birthday my oil-slick skin began to peel like I had a sunburn. A the time, I was working for a major cosmetic company, so I tried everything in their line & just about everything in their sister companies lines. Nothing worked. After 2 visits to my dermatologist (whose prescriptions did not even work), I found La Mer. Frankly, I don't think that this is "hyped up" or "overrated" b/c I was working for a major cosmetic company & hadn't even heard of it! Anyway, after a few days, I noticed a drastic change (for the better). My skin was actually healing itself. My skin stopped peeling, my rosacea was less noticable, I was glowing. Since then (about 2 years ago), I have tried other products that claim to do the same thing as La Mer. However, after a day or two of using other products, my skin starts to peel again. I have always gone back to La Mer & my skin has never looked better! My dermatologist still doesn't know what is up with my skin, but La Mer definately helps it 100%. Also, it is not as expensive as it seems. The 1 oz jar will last me about 6 months. Usually, skincare is made to last 2 months at the most! In the end, you'll end up paying about the same! I hope that this review helps someone. I thank God that I found La Mer (I'm not kidding, either!).

on 12/7/2002 11:50:00 AM

I thought it was working at first. My pores looked smaller. A couple of days after I used it I could go outside without makeup. Then week by week I had constant pimples that would come and go. It seemed to go under my skin and cause bumps. It clogged my pores. It definitely wasn't good for my 19 y/o oily acne prone skin. Maybe would work for older skin. So I'm giving it to my mother.

on 12/6/2002 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. Having said that, I think this cream would work best on a more mature skin as it is extremely emoillent. As dry as my skin is, this is still too heavy for me to use in the summer. I highly recommend this product to anyone who has extremely dry skin. (Word to the wise: ask for a sample first to figure out if you like it.)

on 11/26/2002 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Biggest...Ripoff...Ever

I have your average, run-of-the-mill combination skin. It's showing some signs of aging so I decided to give this a try. The scent is the first thing that put me off -- it definitely reminds me of my mean, old grandmother.

The reason it's such a ripoff is that it didn't do anything for my skin. It didn't make it worse, but it didn't make it better. For what they're charging, I would expect drastically better skin.

Popular Moisturizers