October 2, 2014 | 973 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2002 2:21:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

Price? YIKES! Okay -- I'm guily of collecting several samples of this because I surely wasn't going to shell out this much money for something without trying it. After 2-3 months of use -- no noticeable difference in my skin. It was nice, but not worth the money IMHO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2002 9:41:00 PM More reviews by LaurenJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Out of all the La Mer products I have tried, this is my favorite. Although it was no miracle for my skin, and it is terribly expensive, it did make my skin soft and didn't break my out. *But* I get that same results with Dream Sensitive Skin Lotion and Pola 1/f mosturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2002 3:36:00 PM More reviews by ebay5232

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for people with Dry to Very Dry skin, I don't use this every day, but it is great for rough patches, such as elbows, instantly smooths skin, and also makes an excellent eye cream, I rate this a 5 and would buy it again because it is a great multi-purpose luxe cream that works.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2002 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really do like this. I like the texture, and patting it on... makes me feel like skin care is more of a ritual than a chore. It's only a pain when I am soooo sleepy, and don't want to bother warming the cream between my fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2002 8:43:00 PM More reviews by maile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a miracle in a jar. I have been using this product, the serum and the eye creme for 2 years now. I am 48 and people everywhere stop me and ask about my skin. Thanks to these products, I still don't have any visible lines around my eyes and only one or two small ones around my mouth. I had my 22 year old daughter try it a year ago (she has a tendancy to break out with combination skin) and she now swears by it. She doesn't want to use anything else. I would recommend these products to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2002 4:36:00 PM More reviews by YolandaMC

I can't believe I gave into the hype and bought this. This have me nothing but breakouts and skin problems. My $4 bottle of C&C Dual Moisturizer does a better job.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2002 11:17:00 AM More reviews by sindy_tse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is very oily and unreasonble price. I think it is just suitable for Old ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2002 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Sticktight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My holy grail...as most reviewers have discovered, this isn't a product for smooth young skin, but take some sun damage, a few years and a few lines and this stuff is *magic*! Yes it is ungodly expensive, yes there doesn't appear to contain any magic ingredients but it works somehow, and for my money, that says it all! Lines, dark circles fade away, my dry skin is glowing and happy...so am I!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2002 10:50:00 AM More reviews by louhayes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read one review about Creme de la Mer that said you should just save for a facelift - you could pay for one with theprice of 30 or so jars. But wouldn't you rather buy the cream and skip the facelift entirely?! I'm almost 45 and have better skin than many 25-year-olds I know. And I owe that to Creme de la Mer.

If you're oily, use the Lotion or the Oil-Absorbing Lotion, and wait until you're older and drier for the Creme. It really is normalizing, though. Even when I used to have combination skin, my T-zone actually was less oily when I used the Creme regularly. I hate the price, but I won't stop buying it. I've tried a few times, and I didn't like what my skin started to look like after a few weeks. I do buy mine on e-Bay now. I was really afraid it would be fake stuff when I first tried, but I've had great luck so far. Just be careful. Look carefully at the pictures - you can usually spot the fakes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2002 1:00:00 AM More reviews by facemaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know where most of the other members live, but in Australia Creme de la Mer is hideously expensive. The 2oz jar retails for just over au$3,000!
I have used this product and think its the best. You do have to be patient for the results though