April 17, 2014 | 905 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2002 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

For the price, this cream did not do much!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2002 9:12:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

After hearing raves about this face cream for years I finally broke down one day and bought the 1 ounce jar. Even after I ordered it - I couldn't believe I would ever pay $95 for any cosmetic! I never even buy department store moisturizers. The jar came - I was afraid to open it. I prayed that all the glorious claims by others was just their imagination, shallow people who are easily seduced by advertising (unlike me of course). I followed the directions, made sure I emulsified the cream between my fingers so that it wouldn't sit on my face like crisco (now that description was a real turn off!). When I woke up the next morning I touched my face and it was softer than I have ever felt it as an adult. I have only been using this for 5 days but already my really soft skin looks younger and the lines around my (fortyish) eyes are diminishing. This cream is something miraculous. Now I have hatched a plan to talk 9 of my sisters, girlfriends, co-workers or neighbors into getting addicted to this cream so we can buy the giant size bottle for $1000. At that rate the price will come down to around $60 an ounce. I won't rest until I have another ounce sitting in a cupboard to spare.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2002 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Rayvenn

This wasn't good as an all-over treatment for me, I'm too prone to blemishes. This worked great as an eye cream though! This was just too rich and heavy and I got a lot of whiteheads from using it, but it did help clarify my skin and slightly fade some acne scars.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2002 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Michelle73

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to love this product. It broke me out in places on my face that I didn't think I could even break out. I'm going back to Mario Badescu healing cream...it has the sea emollints in it too and is 75% less expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2002 5:31:00 PM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using a deluxe sample size for several weeks now and am pleased with the results. My skin is, by nature, very sensitive, blotchy and delicate. This cream has drastically reduced the redness enough that I don't even have to coat my face with concealer anymore! It's smoothed out the rough spots on my face, and feels very soothing going on. I have eczema, and am delighted that this product has been effective on my skin. It smells pleasant, too. As long as I "warm it up" first, it smooths on nicely and does exactly what it should do. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2002 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Lavien

It smells nice and packaged nicely as well but, its a tremendously thick cream that would work for extremely dry skin. It kind of get a little greasy at first but makes your skin really soft in the morning. Not so good for combination skin types.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2002 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Shawnah

This didn't work well for my combination skin. Worked super well on my neck but it is really pricey to use just for that. I think it's just too much moisture for my skin. I gave it to my mother and she just loves it! So I guess it just depends on your skin type.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2002 3:08:00 AM More reviews by KristenL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I couldn't use this on my face because it is so greasy, so I tried it on my eyes. It didn't perform any "miracles", AND it gave me milia. I never realized it was possible to over-moisturize the eye area (especially when it tends to be dry, like mine does), but La Mer proved me wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2002 1:36:00 PM More reviews by noelcm1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i wish this didn't work, ('cuz it's too dang expensive) but i LOVE it!! i have very dry, sensitive (red, flaky, etc.) skin, and this is the only product that works for me. my skin texture has vastly improved. i did experience a few tiny breakouts on my chin initially, but i just stopped putting it there and have been fine. honestly, i can't say i've ever tried another product that worked so well on my face. : )

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2002 12:52:00 PM More reviews by MayM

I used a sample of this product for a few days and couldn't understand what the hype was all about. Then I got waxed !! It was too hot and well...I used LaMer on it and OH MY GOD ! It helped it a lot ! Cooled it down and healed the burn in a day ! You have to warm it up between your fingers before applying it and a little goes a long way. Good for when you are real dry, gets rid of flakes.