September 20, 2014 | 1670 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2003 1:01:00 AM More reviews by HOTSPOT423

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Everyone is right about the smell. I recieved a sample first in a MAC container and assumed it was the container that made the smell. Its a not so nice mix of lavendar and plastic smell. Even so, a top notch makeup artist that works for ANOTHER high-end company recommended I use this product rather than his own brand. I'm still searching for a miracle!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2003 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Saylavie

After hearing all the hype from QVC and Oprah, I ordered this I received Hope in a Jar as part of a QVC TSV. A little while after putting it on, I started smelling a really foul odor. At first I thought it was my perfume, but then I smelled my hands and realized it was the moisturizer. UGH!! It stinks to high heaven. I don't understand what all the hoopla is about over this stuff. It's an ok moisturizer, but it's not worth the $35 cost or the offensive scent! I've really come to believe that there is too much hype over Philosphy's products and they aren't anything special - just expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2003 1:44:00 PM More reviews by iluvmakeup41889

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ughh This product was absolutley horrible! The scent made me gag so bad that i had to immediatley wash off my face!!! It smells like vomit and orange peels..eww~!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2003 11:58:00 PM More reviews by sashka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't understand how they can sell a cosmetic that smells this bad?

unfortunately, I couldn't stand the smell so I don't know how effective this is as a face moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2003 2:35:00 PM More reviews by stressedout

I have to agree about the smell - it's really bad and the oil slick factor is way too much for me. Shiny face is unacceptable and this is all the cream did for me. One of philosophy's worst!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2003 8:24:00 AM More reviews by glamourmama

Was too greasy for my combo skin, and couldn't stand the smell, had to wash it off after 30 mins.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2003 3:01:00 PM More reviews by LisaLL

I love this product. And I love the Smell,, I don't need or want a perfume on my face. I have been using this product for 2 years and would never stop.. It sinks in fast, not clogging my pores, and when used along with other PHilosophy products will work great.. I never have a greasy feeling, Maybe the other people that claimed it was greasy used the Dry skin product.. Worth every penny..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2003 3:28:00 PM More reviews by omegakitty

I have recently revisited this moisturizer, i must say i try it from time to time & never truly stick with it like i should. I will stray no more. I had been using ole henricksen which is nice but i was getting bored & a little frustrated w/all the various jars on my counter and had heard good things about the walmart neutrogena knock-off. So i switched to that & the PTR un-wrinkle pads since i've used other pads from him in the past w/no issues & wanted some aha. My skin broke out in a horrible rash on my forehead & cysts on my cheeks & chin. I thought maybe the PTR was irritating me or there was purging so i stuck w/it for a month. Then i stopped since it wasn't going away. The rash eased up some but the cysts continued so i switched back to this. I have been using it for only a few days but my rash is almost gone & so are the cysts...i have learned my lesson and will no longer stray, lol. And the scent--it stopped bothering me after the first day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2003 9:12:00 PM More reviews by moonsista

This is my HG moisturizer right now - I needed something not drugstore-ish and something a little more high quality for my 35 yr. old skin. I like the texture - sort of whipped and fluffy but not heavy and not too light either. It sinks into the skin easily and quickly, and does not clog my pores or make my skin oily.

The only drawback is the smell. Someone else described it as a "wet dog" smell in their review - I agree. It does have a faint "wet dog" smell. I have noticed, over time though, that this has faded as my jar of Hope In A Jar has become nearly a year old. (I put it away in favor of using Origins and Aveeno moisturizers for nearly a year). By the way - this jar of Hope In A Jar is just fine a year later and works as well as it did a year ago! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2003 1:00:00 PM More reviews by witt2264

This is Step 2 of my routine after using Philosophy Real Purity cleanser. This is my HG moisturizer and since switching to this my skin has never looked better. Philosophy promotes "makeup optional skin" after continued use of the skincare line, and I can honestly say that has been the case with me. I generally use Hope in a Jar at night and Hope in a Bottle (for oily skin) in the morning under makeup.