Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 3/21/2004 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I know this product has an almost cult-like following, lots of people like it but I'm not one of them. It was way too greasy and heavy for my skin and it has a horrible medicinal smell to it.

on 3/19/2004 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this. I NEVER buy the same thing twice and have gone back 3 times for this one. No greasiness, but completely moisturizing. My skin looks great.

on 3/17/2004 1:57:00 PM

I hated this product- tried it a while back and actually gave it away promptly. The smell was terrible and it did not sink into the skin well at all. So many moisturizers offer great treatment benefits and have a nice texture and scent- why use this one?

on 3/17/2004 9:09:00 AM

I love this product. Since receiving it for Christmas, it has become my staple moisturizer. I use it in conjunction with Philosophy's Purity cleanser and my self is virtually flawless. It is veyr thick and after I'm done using it, my skin feel like it has taken a huge gulp of water.

on 3/11/2004 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Philosophy's skin care products are truly disappointing (although I love their body care). First, this has lactic acid and AHA's. This was very gentle though. The texture of this cream is like a light soufle. I have dry skin and this didn't moisturize enough. Also, this has a noticable medicine scent that I couldn't stand. I'll stick to my Darphin Arovita C cream!!!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am using this over Help Me and my skin is looking pretty good. Poors look a bit smaller. I have dry skin so I also bought the hydrate kit which includes the dry sensitive skin moisturizer by philosophy and I find that when I use that one my poors look bigger and I feel like I have thick cream on my face. This one does the job better its just right. Two thumbs up.

on 2/28/2004 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

O.K. got this disappointing moisturizer along with the purity cleanser. What is it with the smell? can't stand it! and where is the glow that was promised?
the texture is that of whipped cream, and just like glob of fat, it just lays there, i mean i could REALLY feel it on my face and it wasn't a nice sensation--i just had to go wash it off. I had high expectations with this "pharmaceutical" line, but alas, my skin hates it.

on 2/25/2004 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really dont like this cream!! It leave my face greasy even I am very dry skin type :(
Fortunately it was a sample i got before going to purchase.

on 2/21/2004 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a sample and I was excited to try it. I washed my face, put on the product and thought "okay, we'll see how it works" and went to bed. As I was crawling into bed I wondered if my husband had gas or if I'd forgotten to change the diaper pail. I smelled my fingers and realized "Ewww!" it was the product. On top of that, my skin looked and felt no different than if I'd done nothing. I was surprised to have such a bad product from Philosophy.

on 2/20/2004 4:14:00 PM

I hesitated to try this at first. After pondering, I decided to get it. I got this one in a Starter kit.
I have to admit I love this moisturizer so much. It seems to suck up all the oil my T zone and give me the sheen all over my face. it doesn't overly oily. I just love my skin after applying this on. continued >>

Popular Moisturizers