November 27, 2014 | 1399 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2004 9:02:00 PM More reviews by maltomeel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this cream. I am a Darphin junkie but just didn't have the funds post-holiday...so i ordred this from QVC, knowing the return policy is excellent. Well, I love it. I agree that the smell is odd, although not offensive....reminds me of how my hair smells the first few days after a professional colouring....an underlying plastic-y odor. For $35 for a generous 2 oz. I can't complain. This cream works and leaves my skin feeling smooth and "elastic". I've saved myself $100!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2004 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Blueness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff smelled like pee! I cant believe I actually went thru the whole sample package- I used it day and night for 3 days and I'm still trying to get my face to forgive me. I have combi/oily skin but suddenly my cheeks and mouth area are parched and my undereyes are dry and flakey and they look WRINKLY- and that is *never* ok. Sure, no breakouts, but at the cost of ugly skin? I'm praying to the Estee Lauder Perfectionist god to make it all go away- it took only 6 uses to ruin years of work; hopefully it wont take that long to repair it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2004 9:20:00 PM More reviews by cclark02

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this last month and I have to say that I am turning into a Philosophy girl. I love this moisturizer! I am in my mid-thirties and have oily skin (less oily in the winter) and find that this product does not leave me feeling greasy with this at all. I have had no breakouts and I love the texture of this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2004 4:44:00 PM More reviews by JohannaFi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I know Iīm not the first - or the last - one to say that the smell of this product is strange; once a friend of mine politely asked if I hadnīt had a shower for a couple of days =) The smell is not the only thing I find odd in this cream; for some reason, on my skin, this product sort of melts, so that it feels almost liquid. Donīt know if thatīs supposed to happen, but it feels strange until it soaks in. Not sure if Iīd buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2004 6:14:00 PM More reviews by chelsear

It's unfortunate so many people have dismissed this product based entirely on the smell. It does smell a little odd - lavender and ozone, almost - but that is more than made up for by how it performs. My combo skin looks brighter, less red, more even, has no flakes, and is less oily since I started using this. Get past the smell and try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2003 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Kristie999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't really notice a smell like everyone says. It has a nice whipped feeling on my skin. It is a great moisturizer and does the job. I've gotten 2 half size samples from ordering stuff from Sephora. I will probably buy the full size when I run out. Update: Have been using this for a few weeks now and I really like it. It may be me, but I think my skin is looking better and better! This may be my HG Moisturizer.UPDATE:
I still like this, but I have to say that it DOES smell like a wet dog. I can only use this during the day with makeup because the smell is icky. I do still love the texture and the overall affect it has on my skin. I will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2003 9:42:00 PM More reviews by aiyahbee

Despite how nice my skin looked after putting this on, I couldn't stand the smell. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2003 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ciao_bella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! I will never again use another moisturizer. I love the Purity Made Simple and thought I'd venture out and try other products; I have not been disappointed! I have seen an improvement in my skin since I've started using Philosophy products .. and my skin is now "makeup optional"!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2003 5:00:00 AM More reviews by viciousviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I couldn't care less about the scent of this product. It works. It works wonderfully. I have been using it for almost two months, and I will never use another eye cream. The fine lines around my eyes are completely gone, and it works wonders for making me seem bright and alert when I haven't had a full night's sleep. Just recently I've begun using it on my lips at night, and my lips feel softer and fuller. Hope in a Jar is worth every dime. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2003 5:00:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this along with the Real Purity cleanser. At first when I used the moisturizer right after the cleaner I noticed it didn't soak in very well. I was dissapointed in it at first and the smell is god awful. I swear it smells just like a nasty wet dog but the smell does fade away thank god. Anyway I took a nap and when I woke up I looked in the mirror and I was amazed. My skin looks poreless and smooth. I have a lot of redness and it's gone! I look like I have soft silky baby skin! I'm so excited about this brand now that I plan on ordering a skincare set. This stuff did wonders for my skin, I don't care if it smells like a wet dog, i'll put up with it as long as my skin looks good. No one's going to smell my face anyway so it's all good.

UPDATE: I've been using the Philosophy Jump Starters kit now for almost a month and I can honestly say that my skin has improved. The redness I had has been reduced and no more flaky patches. This is definitely a good set for me. I'm so glad I tried it.