October 26, 2014 | 1581 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2003 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Kristie999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't really notice a smell like everyone says. It has a nice whipped feeling on my skin. It is a great moisturizer and does the job. I've gotten 2 half size samples from ordering stuff from Sephora. I will probably buy the full size when I run out. Update: Have been using this for a few weeks now and I really like it. It may be me, but I think my skin is looking better and better! This may be my HG Moisturizer.UPDATE:
I still like this, but I have to say that it DOES smell like a wet dog. I can only use this during the day with makeup because the smell is icky. I do still love the texture and the overall affect it has on my skin. I will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2003 9:42:00 PM More reviews by aiyahbee

Despite how nice my skin looked after putting this on, I couldn't stand the smell. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2003 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ciao_bella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! I will never again use another moisturizer. I love the Purity Made Simple and thought I'd venture out and try other products; I have not been disappointed! I have seen an improvement in my skin since I've started using Philosophy products .. and my skin is now "makeup optional"!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2003 5:00:00 AM More reviews by viciousviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I couldn't care less about the scent of this product. It works. It works wonderfully. I have been using it for almost two months, and I will never use another eye cream. The fine lines around my eyes are completely gone, and it works wonders for making me seem bright and alert when I haven't had a full night's sleep. Just recently I've begun using it on my lips at night, and my lips feel softer and fuller. Hope in a Jar is worth every dime. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2003 5:00:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this along with the Real Purity cleanser. At first when I used the moisturizer right after the cleaner I noticed it didn't soak in very well. I was dissapointed in it at first and the smell is god awful. I swear it smells just like a nasty wet dog but the smell does fade away thank god. Anyway I took a nap and when I woke up I looked in the mirror and I was amazed. My skin looks poreless and smooth. I have a lot of redness and it's gone! I look like I have soft silky baby skin! I'm so excited about this brand now that I plan on ordering a skincare set. This stuff did wonders for my skin, I don't care if it smells like a wet dog, i'll put up with it as long as my skin looks good. No one's going to smell my face anyway so it's all good.

UPDATE: I've been using the Philosophy Jump Starters kit now for almost a month and I can honestly say that my skin has improved. The redness I had has been reduced and no more flaky patches. This is definitely a good set for me. I'm so glad I tried it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2003 1:01:00 AM More reviews by HOTSPOT423

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Everyone is right about the smell. I recieved a sample first in a MAC container and assumed it was the container that made the smell. Its a not so nice mix of lavendar and plastic smell. Even so, a top notch makeup artist that works for ANOTHER high-end company recommended I use this product rather than his own brand. I'm still searching for a miracle!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2003 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Saylavie

After hearing all the hype from QVC and Oprah, I ordered this I received Hope in a Jar as part of a QVC TSV. A little while after putting it on, I started smelling a really foul odor. At first I thought it was my perfume, but then I smelled my hands and realized it was the moisturizer. UGH!! It stinks to high heaven. I don't understand what all the hoopla is about over this stuff. It's an ok moisturizer, but it's not worth the $35 cost or the offensive scent! I've really come to believe that there is too much hype over Philosphy's products and they aren't anything special - just expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2003 1:44:00 PM More reviews by iluvmakeup41889

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ughh This product was absolutley horrible! The scent made me gag so bad that i had to immediatley wash off my face!!! It smells like vomit and orange peels..eww~!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2003 11:58:00 PM More reviews by sashka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't understand how they can sell a cosmetic that smells this bad?

unfortunately, I couldn't stand the smell so I don't know how effective this is as a face moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2003 2:35:00 PM More reviews by stressedout

I have to agree about the smell - it's really bad and the oil slick factor is way too much for me. Shiny face is unacceptable and this is all the cream did for me. One of philosophy's worst!