September 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2002 12:38:00 AM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

They have to be kidding me! 1,000 dollars for a 500 ml tub of this overpriced vaseline texured cream? Come on....It smells like Ponds face cream, only a jar of Ponds in about 13 dollars, this about 1300 dollars. to be fair though it does hydrate, but the price will hurt you more than any dry flake of skin would...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2002 4:30:00 PM More reviews by MeditativeRose

I wanted to like this product so much. I've struggled for years to find the right skin care line for my skin. I thought this was it. Uh, no. I do keep it around for times when my face or eyes feel especially dry or irritated. But as a daily moisturizer? Nope. It's way too powerful. And the thing is, I'm not entirely sure all that heavy moisture is really getting in there. : (

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2002 8:32:00 AM More reviews by Naiad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After joining the MUA and seeing the constant and steady praise for the La Mer creme, I took myself over to the nearest Saks 5th Avenue and aquired a sample pot. Far too emolient to use on my face, I took to using it as an eye creme. It worked beautifully! I was in love and since a sample jar lasted nearly 2 months as an eye creme, I visited about 4 other department stores and got additional sample pots. Life in Eden was grand... and the rent was free to boot. However, as we all know, paradise was lost in the end. No sooner had I mentally acknowledged that I would forever love and use the La Mer before I started to develop the most horrible case of undereye milia. Then I noticed where I had used abit on dry spots around my frown lines, I had enlarged pores. After 25 years of keeping my oily skin free of the "orange peel" syndome, I had 3 large and quite distinct pores. I was absolutely devastated. I haven't used the creme since that fall from grace, but, I can't say I didn't enjoy my time in the garden :-/

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2002 4:46:00 AM More reviews by astraforever

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Even if it is very expensive (in Italy the biggest jar - 60 ml about 2 oz - costs about Euro 200,00), I find it very good, at least for my skin. I am 40, I suffer from occasional breakouts and I have combination skin: however, Creme de La Mere is of great benefit to any dry area, and does not cause any problem to the oily ones. To tell the truth, blemishes are rarer....I use it mainly as a night cream in order to save the product (and save money too), but when I am particularly in need I use it also as a day cream. I recommend it, if you can afford the price (however, in Italy I reckon it is cheaper...)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2002 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Qaboos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can say I've never been so disapointed in my life , I'll describe it in one word " ACNE".

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2002 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Ysatis830

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is an excellent product. I have had alot of trouble with my skin being irritated and breaking out since I was 13 ( I am 22 now). The Creme defintely calmed my skin down which has resulted in fewer and smaller breakouts. The price is sort of crazy, but if, like me you have been going through different products trying to see if there is any hope for your skin, spending the money is worth it I think.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2002 9:30:00 AM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sad to say, this expensive cream works wonders on my dry, 50 year old, menopausal skin.

When you go through menopause, you often become dry. I was "oily" my entire life and now am not. But I have sensitive skin. This moisturizer, consistently used, reduced dry patches, lightened a scar of an ingrown hair (ugh another fun aging problem is facial hair) and otherwise keeps me looking very fresh.

Too bad this stuff is so pricey--but, a pea-sized application, warmed in the hands, does suffice, so I got months of use from the jar.

Nothing I used worked quite as well as La Mer. So, in a way, since I use this up entirely, it is a relatively good purchase. Just wish they didn't charge so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2002 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Jess79

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me just say that Creme de la mer is the best moisturizer ever!! I had some serious skin problems (acne scars, dryness,etc.)and this just smoothed it all away. I have been using the Creme, Moisurizing lotion and the serum for about 7 months now and people have told me that I look great! Others tell me that my skin looks like it's glowing. The bad thing is the price but when it comes to my skin I don't care what the price is!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2002 2:56:00 AM More reviews by astral_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very expensive product, but since it does the job of moisturising without suffocating my skin I will repurchase. A little goes a long way, a tub lasts quite long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2002 2:21:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

Price? YIKES! Okay -- I'm guily of collecting several samples of this because I surely wasn't going to shell out this much money for something without trying it. After 2-3 months of use -- no noticeable difference in my skin. It was nice, but not worth the money IMHO.