April 20, 2014 | 1018 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2002 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Sticktight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My holy grail...as most reviewers have discovered, this isn't a product for smooth young skin, but take some sun damage, a few years and a few lines and this stuff is *magic*! Yes it is ungodly expensive, yes there doesn't appear to contain any magic ingredients but it works somehow, and for my money, that says it all! Lines, dark circles fade away, my dry skin is glowing and happy...so am I!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2002 10:50:00 AM More reviews by louhayes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read one review about Creme de la Mer that said you should just save for a facelift - you could pay for one with theprice of 30 or so jars. But wouldn't you rather buy the cream and skip the facelift entirely?! I'm almost 45 and have better skin than many 25-year-olds I know. And I owe that to Creme de la Mer.

If you're oily, use the Lotion or the Oil-Absorbing Lotion, and wait until you're older and drier for the Creme. It really is normalizing, though. Even when I used to have combination skin, my T-zone actually was less oily when I used the Creme regularly. I hate the price, but I won't stop buying it. I've tried a few times, and I didn't like what my skin started to look like after a few weeks. I do buy mine on e-Bay now. I was really afraid it would be fake stuff when I first tried, but I've had great luck so far. Just be careful. Look carefully at the pictures - you can usually spot the fakes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2002 1:00:00 AM More reviews by facemaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know where most of the other members live, but in Australia Creme de la Mer is hideously expensive. The 2oz jar retails for just over au$3,000!
I have used this product and think its the best. You do have to be patient for the results though

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2002 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Mina

Ohmigod!! My mother turned me on to this and absolutely love it. I have normal skin so I use this as a night cream only, but after only days I notice a difference. My skin feels softer, it's clearer, and blemishes are nowhere to be found!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2002 9:42:00 PM More reviews by bot888

i got the TWO oz jar for xmas. it's a very nice moisturizer, but it's too expensive for what you get. there are much better moisterizers for a fraction of the cost--i personally like the mario badescu seaweed night cream better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2002 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Joyin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

EXCELLENT product! I just bought my 3rd bottle today:) Well, I gave a rating of 5 because it's really effective...at least for me:) It helps to fade away those ugly blemishes marks & scars on my cheeks! But don't expect overnite results, give this creme some time to perform...
As for why I gave a rating of 4 for price...its because the result is really worth the money and there are even more expensive products out there...for a moisturizer!:) But La Mer is more than a moisturizer..it's a MIRACLE! Thanx Max Huber gals...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2002 5:55:00 PM More reviews by CarolynF

I received a sample of this and I tried it on my dry areas only. It is nice under my eyes but after a few days caused those monster zits that I heard people say they experienced from this under my skin. I am actually happy to say that I don't like this so I won't have to spend the $$.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2002 12:02:00 AM More reviews by poorspeech

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ahhh, the product that started it all. It's no wonder that Creme de la Mer has such a cult following. What other product does such wonders for the skin? I apply it only to the dry areas of my combination skin and to my neck. I have gotten tons of compliments about my skin since I started using it. It's pricey ($165 for 2 oz) but worth every penny.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2002 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Kelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sooooo expensive, and I didn't get my desired results with this. Way too heavy and greasy (even for my dry face in the winter!) it didn't really leave behind any moisturization. It just sits there like Crisco until the next time I wash my face! I tried it on my body too, and I didn't like it there either. It also has a bit of a weird generic lotion-y smell that I can't stand.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2002 6:24:00 PM More reviews by devjas

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this cream. I received it as a gift this Christmas and was so excited. I used it for a few months and at first it broke me out. After my skin got used to it the break outs stopped but my skin was still too dry. I took special care to use it correctly so it just doesn't work for me personally. I do know many who love this cream and it works great for them. I wish it worked for me.