La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Ingredients: Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, [sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Duncecap, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate], Paraffin, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Beta-carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat

on 12/7/2002 11:50:00 AM

I thought it was working at first. My pores looked smaller. A couple of days after I used it I could go outside without makeup. Then week by week I had constant pimples that would come and go. It seemed to go under my skin and cause bumps. It clogged my pores. It definitely wasn't good for my 19 y/o oily acne prone skin. Maybe would work for older skin. So I'm giving it to my mother.

on 12/6/2002 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. Having said that, I think this cream would work best on a more mature skin as it is extremely emoillent. As dry as my skin is, this is still too heavy for me to use in the summer. I highly recommend this product to anyone who has extremely dry skin. (Word to the wise: ask for a sample first to figure out if you like it.)

on 11/26/2002 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Biggest...Ripoff...Ever

I have your average, run-of-the-mill combination skin. It's showing some signs of aging so I decided to give this a try. The scent is the first thing that put me off -- it definitely reminds me of my mean, old grandmother.

The reason it's such a ripoff is that it didn't do anything for my skin. It didn't make it worse, but it didn't make it better. For what they're charging, I would expect drastically better skin.

on 11/16/2002 11:57:00 PM

I received a sample of this from a nice SA in Sak's last yr and sort of forgot about it until I had some horrible seasonal allergies that caused lots of dryness around my eyes this past spring. In desparation I gave it a try as an undereye cream and I loved it so much I went out the next wk and bought the 2 oz. jar. I have used it every night since late Feb. and I still have well over half a jar left. I do not know if I will repurchase however, as I am sure there is a lower priced alternative.

on 11/11/2002 11:14:00 PM

I slather this on every night and it completely hydrates my skin. It never makes me break out, which is rare for such a heavy cream. well worth the money since it lasts FOREVER and i'd highly recommend it.

on 11/10/2002 11:01:00 PM

I have a love-hate relationship with this product. While it did made my skin look clearer and fade some of my acne scars and reduced my pores size but it also gave me blackheads and breakouts in some areas of my face.

My friends have commented that my skin does look better now (I did not tell them that I was using this). Then again, I did go for Intense Pulse Light treatment so could be the results of that..

I've learned to adjust the amount of cream I put on my face. Putting it on areas that need it and it does work so much better now.I use this only at night unless the weather is really dry in the day. But its really a chore as I need to put some other moisturiser on my other parts of the face.

Really good for dry weather; that's when I get all the skin flakes.
I'm still having mixed feelings about this.

on 11/7/2002 10:29:00 PM

Crappy & Ugly packaging!!! But oh how I love this cream. Not that it actually takes away wrinkles, fades spots, diminish acne, heals scars, firms, or depuffs. It doesn't do any of that. In fact, it just moisturizes and takes care of the crepeiness I get on expression areas, for a short period of time... I think its main function is Anti-irritant/soothing, which is a universal property of the dirt-cheap seaweed/algae family. It takes away all the redness and rashes that I often get. Even though the cream doesn't do much, somehow it really makes me feel better about my skin and thus I love this cream! Irrational huh? But that's how women rate skin care products and how the industry makes money! Ha.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I admit it, I bought into the hype. Going to my source (eBay) I bid on a sample pack of Creme De La Mer. I anxiously awaited the arrival of the package, driving the mailman nuts in the process. Finally it arrived, I sprinted up the stairs, ripped open the package and stared at the tiny pots of cosmetic "gold." I followed the instructions to a T. Warming b/ween my fingers, then pat, pat, pat. I went to bed hoping to wake-up transformed. I was transformed all right, into a big zit. Horrified I vowed never to go near this product again, but curiosity drew me in about 3 weeks later. I gave it another shot and zits, zits, zits. Thinking I could come out ahead in this situation I bought a bottle of the oil-free, not only did it make my make-up look horrid after application, it gave me zits as well! Estee Lauder can keep this seaweed infested "Miracle."

on 11/4/2002 7:19:00 PM

I take very good care of my skin and as a 30 something I am not ready for this product. It is meant for skin that is in a corrective stage not preventative.Too much hype.

on 10/29/2002 11:41:00 AM

After all the hoo-hah, I felt compelled to try this cream. One jar lasted a year and honestly, I don't get it; for so much money, this product is just average. But it does have a comforting, grandmotherly type scent. One major benefit I need to add however, this cream has a wonderfully soothing and restorative effect on severely dry, chapped "winter" skin.