December 21, 2014 | 1935 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

This is a nice mascara, if you like your lashes fake looking and weighed down. I like my lashes to look long, feathery, and clump free. I have short but thick lashes. With this mascara, it requires a lot of work to remove the clumps. I like to do 3 thin layers of mascara, with this I can't do more than one. It flaked off.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by alix1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this mascara on a whim after promising myself I wouldn't buy anymore Benefit products. I love the names, packaging etc by Benefit but find the products just never live up to the promises/descriptions. Point proven once again by this mascara. It wasn't awful, hence the 3 Lippys but just not good enough for the price or to buy again. It goes on nicely, smoothly but leaves big black smudges under my eyes as the day wears on. I've tried with varying eyeliners (and without any) to ensure I wasn't blaming this unfairly but no - it just does leave that raccoon look. It also doesn't add volume it that's what you're looking for just coats reasonably nicely and maybe a little length. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I got a free sample of this as a VIB gift from Sephora. I really like this mascara because the brush instantly fans out lashes and gives them a feathery look. It coats all of my lashes in just one swipe. I generally apply 2 coats to get a more feathery look which reminds me of the effect of L'oreal's Voluminous mascara. The Benefit formula is great for coating lashes instantly, unlike other formulas which may be dry. The brush is also great at separating lashes and does not clump at all. I have small eyes so I feel that the brush is a tad bit long for me. However, this stays on all day and does not smudge. It comes off easily with my L'oreal eye makeup remover.

My only gripe about this mascara is that it lacks in the volumizing department. It does not give me thick lashes, so I use this as a primer for lengthening and pair it with Rimmel's Day2Night mascara to get my desired volume. Given the price of this mascara, I'm sure there would be a cheaper drug store alternative with a similar brush. For that reason, I would not purchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by samieliszxo

Pros:
-adds length
-adds volume
-makes lasher appear fuller and thicker
Cons
-Horrrrrrible to remove!
-Makes my eyelashes fall out like CRAZY. beware!
-really damaging

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by GalileosDaughter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Goes on very wet and gloopy. Looks okay only after I've spent several minutes combing through it. After all the hype, I was expecting dramatic lashes, but no, just regular lashes. Not worth the $ or effort. Lovely packaging, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Yddib

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There are no scores high enough to describe how I feel about this mascara! It is amazing. After being hugely let down by any high end mascara I bought, this is finally THE ONE! I love the brush and find it great for separating my lashes. It gives gorgeous length and curl. I find it gives me nice volume, even more with a primer. It never flakes and the tube has lasted really well. At a party I was asked by a makeup artist, "Where did you get your lashes?" I said "I grow them?" She said "NO your fake ones. They're fabulous" I smiled and said "All mine....and Benefit They're Real" I'm on my 2nd tube and it is safe to say it's love. LOVE!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by redcherry32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great black color.doesn't flake and stays on all day.no volume.great length.have used better.will not buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Sassyrred

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Move on over mascara's, They're Real has become my new Holy Grail for mascara! There was a mascara display at Sephora and I asked the sales girl her top 3 sellers. They're Real was one, plus it was what she was wearing and her lashes looked great, so against my personal rule of just buying drugstore mascara's 'cause ya throw them away every 3 months, I found myself in the check-out line!

In the past I have worn 2 mascara's at once to get the look I really want, but with They're Real, I only need one coat and one mascara. I know it's the shape of the wand with the tiny ball at the end that is the hit for this mascara. I do not need to curl my lashes first, it gives them a great dark pigment, separates while it gives some volume and some lengthen and due to the tiny ball end tip, you can get the corner outer lashes and bottom outer corners very nicely! I have had makeup artists say they like the mascara I have on, and that never happens.

I wish it was not $22, but there are ones higher than that and if I take into consideration I have worn two mascara's to achieve this look or close to it, then I can come to terms with my rule of only buying drugstore mascara's.....at least until they create a drugstore mascara just like this one! (hint hint drugstore giants!)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by aelgn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a fantastic mascara but I think it is a little too pricey. If you have the money for high end makeup then i would recommend this mascara but I think I would do fine with drugstore mascaras for half the price of this expensive mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by wareagle08

This is the first high end mascara I have bought and loved. I have naturally long lashes with a curl and Rimmel worked just fine for me. This took it to another level though. I will never go back! It looks the best with Dior lash primer. There is such a huge difference. Gives me volume and length and it does a good job of separating my lashes. With Rimmel after a month or two my lashes would clump so bad and I'd spend five minutes just trying to separate them with a lash brush. I got the sample from Sephora and after that ran out I bought the full size.