BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2089 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 11/27/2012 2:02:00 PM

Received this in one of my Topboxes... I've heard a lot about it so was excited to try it. Unfortunately it's just way too clumpy & also really hard to remove. Just not worth the trouble for me.

on 11/26/2012 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

I like this product, but unfortunately it began to irritate my eyes so bad I bought eye drops and threw it away. As for the product itself, aside from that I think its a great mascara. The formula is a tiny bit wet but not too bad. The brush is long, so it takes a careful hand to not get product on the lids. It really does give the impression of magnified, natural-looking lashes. As natural as mascara can look. It doesn't curl that much, so if you give your lashes a curl and apply it's fantastic. The look isn't too dramatic for daytime either. However, I don't have any known allergies, and no other product has made my eyes burn the way this one did. I haven't heard that complaint from many other people so its worth a shot. Without that factor, I'd still be buying it.

on 11/24/2012 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I heard great reviews about this product so I decided to try it. I had only tried one other mascara from Benefit before and I wasn't impressed, but this one seemed to have potentially. I bought the sample size, $26 is too much for something I might not like. Anyways, the first time I used it it clumped up my lashes so much. I didnt get any length, volume, or curl. Maybe its just because I have small lashes, but it just made them look even smaller and made it seem like I had fewer. That night when i was washing off my makeup it wouldnt come off! They really should put a water proof label on it or something! I personally hate water proof mascara. I decided to keep trying it, hoping it would get easier to apply and it would go on better. it never did. Maybe it's just because i have short lashes and hate water proof mascara, but I did not like it at all.

on 11/24/2012 9:30:00 PM

I am on my 2nd tube of this mascara... I love it! I have ok lashes, and this mascara takes them to a whole new level..I get compliments ever time I use it....wish it came in other colors.

on 11/20/2012 7:49:00 PM

I got a sample of this mascara from those pay 10$ a month companies to get 5 samples. I really like this mascara!! But honestly, it is quite pricey.
PROS: stays curled all day! amazing staying power. lengthens my thin, straight, Asian lashes.
CONS: quite hard to take off (mentioned multiple times in previous reviews), quite expensive, can get clumpy (if you put too many coats)
If I had the dough to afford this mascara, I totally would buy it again!

on 11/20/2012 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Urgh. I can't believe I spent my hard earned cash on this mascara. Totally disappointed in this product. The formula is way too wet and "gel like" and leaves my lashes looking like a clumpy, spidery mess. It was extremely difficult to remove, even with an oil-based eye makeup remover. I won't be buying this product again.

on 11/18/2012 10:19:00 AM

Okay, this is one exception to my "I don't like Benefit Cosmetics" rule. This is a great mascara. It both lengthens and thickens my lashes (not to drag queen proportions) and it has really good staying power. It doesn't smudge or flake. Leaves you with beautiful but not quite natural lashes.

This also a fairly cheap mascara (around $10).

on 11/18/2012 7:44:00 AM

I just love this mascara! One of the best one I've ever tried! It gives me amazing eyelashes and it stays put all day long!
The only thing that is a con about this product is that it's quite hard to get off.. it's almost like it's waterproof. But it doesn't matter 'cause the result is so amazing.
I will definitely buy it again! 5/5

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I say I'd buy this product again, but who knows. I'm such a mascara junkie and I don't really buy too many high end mascaras. I experiment too much; I'd be broke! Anyway, I got a sample of this in my glambag (or is it ipsy now? who knows!) and I've been using it for a week. Had to run out and get the full size. I saw length, curl, super black, and volume. I like the spikes on the tip of the brush because it gets my outer corner lashes without getting mascara on my skin. I hate that! I like very dramatic mascara and this can definitely be that. I do like 3-4 coats and it doesn't clump. I don't experience issues with flaking or smudging. Holds my curl all day. I'll enjoy using this mascara but by the time I run out I'll probably be on to the next best thing.

on 11/16/2012 2:59:00 PM

I really like this mascara I got a sampler of different kinds of mascaras and so far this one is my favorite. I love how it has the spike tip I can get my bottom lashes so perfectly and really defined. I have pretty decent lashes and this mascara just makes them amazing. I use about 5-6 coats and it does take a lot to clump. If you have good lashes they will only be better with this product. I also love how black it is. It's not grey at all and I really love the wand. I like that my lashes at 33 are looking very good with this mascara. I would repurchase this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials