BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2037 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 10/4/2012 11:31:00 AM

The Benefit They're Real mascara is everything that one looks for in a mascara. It separates each and every lash whilst adding volume and length. The color is very black and the consistency is great,not too clumpy,thick or oily. This mascara is EXTREMELY waterproof and does not flake,smudge or melt at all. Definitely one of the best mascaras I have ever used,I get asked all the time if I am wearing falsies when I use it. Although it is expensive it is so worth the money.I would buy it again in a heartbeat!

on 10/2/2012 10:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Best mascara I ever used. Too bad is so expensive here in Brazil. I always have to look for it when I travel.

on 10/2/2012 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I really like this mascara. My lashes are pretty long to begin with, but sometimes mascara actually makes them look shorter - I know that doesn't make sense, but it happens. I like how it doesn't clump and stays put all day (and my skin is oily with a capital O!).

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I give this mascara a solid 3 lippies. It's not the worst or best out there. It casually floats along in the sea of a million mediocre mascaras that are out on the market. A mascara that doesn't allow mulitple coats and demands attention and patience is not a mascara for me. The brush claims to be a hot innovative concept with thin tiny plastic spikes all around and a tiny spiked ball on the tip. Hmmm, I'm pretty savy with makeup and even I found this brush to be foolish. For one, the barrel of the brush rakes my lashes and pulls them making them itchy and uncomfortable, almost like a torture device. The ball basically just pushes my lashes to the window then to the wall.......leaving gaps in the fringe. The formula is wet wet wet! Impossible to layer for more volume due to the formula being extremely wet. This mascara is a 2 coat max and anything more will cause great tragedy making lashes all clump together on each side resembling a vulcan salute. But, with two quick coats, I was able to achieve soft natural dark lashes that stayed pretty all day. Another problem though is this mascara tends to smudge on my lower lashes when my face is oily. For the price, I would skip this ho-hum mascara.

on 9/30/2012 10:30:00 PM

I have been researching tons and buying several kinds of mascara trying to find that HG one. So for in drugstore brands, to me L'oreal takes the prize for best. But, I still wanted a nicer quality one, and narrowed down to Benefit or Buxom. Went to Ulta, and since they no longer sell Buxom (Sephora exclusive now), I bought this one. Got the deal with 2 that is same price for one! Let me tell you, I LOVE this mascara. This mascara made my lashes look better then ever. I only put on one coat. I was a bit worried when it was time to wash my face and take off for night. I had zero problems taking off this mascara. I even got my eye makeup remover all ready, and didn't really need it! Mine came off with my L'oreal youth code cleanser. I am wondering if it's because I coated my lashes with Lancome Cils Booster XL before applying the mascara? One thing to mention too, is this mascara passed the onion test.(lol) I was cutting onions, and I am super sensitive to them and my eyes were burning and tearing bad, I had to keep blotting my eye with tissue to point I thought I was going to see racoon eyes, but there was nothing! This mascara is definatley a keeper for my makeup collection.

on 9/30/2012 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This has been my HG mascara for a while now. While the price leans more towards the middle/high point, I do seem to get a solid two months out of this before it begins to dry out. This mascara gives me both fantastic length and volume, and it's a super rich black. I adore the brush as it lets me get all of the smaller lashes in the inner corners of my eyes. I don't get flakes, it doesn't smudge (oily eyelids here) and it is easy to remove. I find that I get fantastic results with just one coat as well. I keep trying other mascaras but always come back to this one.

on 9/27/2012 5:10:00 PM

This isn't a bad mascara, but it is most definitely overhyped. It's very black, has a slightly more wet formula, and a rubber brush with spikes that continue onto the end of the wand. It gives good length and not much volume, and I find that it doesn't smudge, even when I use it on the lower lashes- unless it's particularly hot and humid out. One of the most annoying things about this mascara is how freakin hard it is to take it off at night! You really need to rub and rub with makeup remover, and I go through quite a few cotton balls in the process. So annoying, particularly because I have used plenty of mascaras over time that don't smudge but aren't quite as stubborn to remove.

Overall- I will use it till it's finished, but definitely won't repurchase. It's not a must have by any means.

on 9/27/2012 11:59:00 AM

I was really excited to try this, but was very disappointed when I actually bought it. I returned it a couple days after trying it. The formula does stay very long and seems to have great wear time and does not smudge, but this product just made my lashes extremely heavy and weighted down. I tried different application techniques, yet it was always the same result after it dried. I think it is definitely the formula that did this and I have never had a mascara do this to my eyelashes. I just could not deal with them being weighted down. If that would not bother you this mascara is awesome, the results are very big and long lashes and it lasts all day long, no smudging. I just could not get over how badly it weighed my lashes down. It was very uncomfortable.

on 9/26/2012 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best mascara EVER. I have somewhat oily skin and get racoon eyes halfway through the day even if wearing only mascara (even waterproof). I was using the maybelline falsies until I found this. This mascara looks perfect until I take it off, and doesn't clump the way the maybelling falsies does. LOVE IT. Cant believe what a low rating it gets on this site...

on 9/23/2012 9:50:00 PM

I love this Mascara. It defines my lashes and curls them without the need for my eyelash curlers, using them just makes it even better but it doesn't need the help! The rubber bristeled brush works effectively to coat each lash and seperate them without clumping whilst making them look so much longer. The only problem you might get is that after a while your Mascara wand may accumulate a bit of product which can cause some flaking when you apply so clean it every so often.

The price can be off putting to some people but I think it's worth it considering how good it really is. You will notice the effects straight away.

The silver tube is cute too.

Video Reviews & Tutorials