October 24, 2014 | 1458 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by chloelc

Love this mascara! Totally don't understand the bad reviews - it makes my lashes super long and slightly curled, it doesn't smudge or flake, or make lashes clumpy. I was never a fan of BeneFit before buying this mascara but am totally converted now. FYI if anyone is having trouble removing it, try Garnier - Clean Sensitive 2-in-1 Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover. It works a treat! Have recommended this mascara to all my friends and would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by LELewicka

Really disappointed in this mascara...it smudged quite badly on me, my lashes looked sparse and spiky and it isn't buildable at all. Will leave it a few months and try again...sometimes works and I'm ever the optimist! I wanted to like this mascara but at the moment I really don't:(

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by cherryblaster99

I HATE THIS MASCARA SO MUCH!! After seeing all the wonderful reviews by many youtubers , I finally gave in to buying this mascara ( which cost me 29$ canadian) thinking this would be my HG mascara. Man , oh man, was I wrong... this has to be the worst mascara I have ever tried.. it makes your lashes so stiff and sparse , it looks like I have 5 lashes total on each eye and forget about adding more coats to this.. once this dries, it is over. And, as if it wasn't bad enough already, it is SO hard to remove. I bought a new makeup remover just for this ( oil-based) and I have to say that that doesn't even do the job and that makeup remover wasn't cheap. Oh and did I mention the fact that I lose about 6 eyelashes everytime I take this off? yep! I have naturally long lashes so usually pretty much anything will work for me so when I saw how horrific this mascara made my lashes I had to write a review and warn you guys. The ONLY thing I will say about this product is that it seprates lashes well but even that is pushing it ,quite frankly. And don't get me started on how much excess product ends up on that weird ball tipped brush. All in all, DO NOT BUY THIS.. the l'oreal voluminous is 1098239832098 times better and so much cheaper!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by kiki4031

I actually really like this mascara. The first day, I wore it thinking I wasn't the biggest fan, but after learning how to use the wand, I was pretty happy by the length I was getting. I won't say it's my HG, but it's pretty decent; except for the fact that it dries out faster than I am used to.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2011 6:30:00 AM More reviews by skitams21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a mascara junkie, tried different brands over the years from L' oreal, maybelline, Lancôme, Chanel, max factor and this is so far my favourite mascara of them all. I've just bought my second one of this,my first tube lasted for about two months which isn't too bad as I used it every day without fail ( except for the odd lazy home days on a weekend). What I love about it is the effect it gives my lashes by using the end ball spike- sort of like a cat eye spikey lashes look? It does lengthen and volumize my lashes probably not as volumizing as the other mascaras I've used before but I like that this one doesn't tend to clump as much as my previous super volumizing ones. I also find that though it's not particularly easy to remove this mascara, I don't get any eyelash fallout when I use my eye makeup remover which I used to get all the time in my previous thicker mascaras. Doesn't smudge or have any mascara fallout on this one as well. I use the wiggle effect then use the spike end to comb through the lashes to finish this off.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by CarlyCut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

UGH! What I've learned from reading make up reviews, especially mascara reviews, is that you really can't trust other people's tastes, and you really have to try a product out for yourself, because people are so picky about their mascara yet some people are so oblivious as to just how horrible their mascara looks on them! So I've only had this mascara for about a week, and so far, I'm really not impressed, more just disappointed than anything else. This is my first "luxury" mascara purchase, so I obviously really wanted this to work! Anyway, the color is very dark black which I like, but the application is a mess. Just look at the photos above, I mean that is what you're gonna get, and that is definitely not worth $22! My lashes looked stiff, brittle, and the ends were squared off and rectangular looking, which I thought was weird. And I really don't understand the spikey ball on the end, it's supposed to "separate" but it just makes things worse! What I don't like about this mascara the most is that it doesn't come off! I've had to rub my eyes for 15 minutes with an oil based make up remover, and that only got rid of half the mascara! I bet I've lost a few eyelashes too. I would rather have less dramatic eyelashes than have dramatically ugly eyelashes!
For those of you who are debating about getting this mascara I will give you this piece of advice- don't just READ the reviews, LOOK at photos of people wearing this mascara then decide for yourself!
Update: This mascara works much better if you REALLY wipe the gunk off the tip of the wand, but even then it's not amazing, especially for the price. I've just never had a mascara tangle up my eyelashes like this! It does make them really long and pitch black, but they're already really long...maybe if I spent 20 minutes putting this mascara on I could get it to work...
UPDATE: This mascara is pretty good once you get the hang of it and especially after going back to drugstore brands. It still kind of tangles my eyelashes and it seems to dry out too fast. But it does prop my eyelashes right up and I don't need to use a curler. It is kind of a pain to get off (I feel like my eyelashes are about to rip off when I try to remove it).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by mariann7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had read many reviews on this product and decided to buy it and try it out. For its price range, this is a great product. It's easy to apply (although it dries pretty quickly so apply fast!), has great coverage, defines lashes well and doesn't smudge. I raked leaves all afternoon yesterday and sweated a bit, and it DID NOT smudge @ all. I would highly recommend this - the price is good - $22 @ Sephora (if I remember correctly) and I've had it for 2 months now and it is still going strong. The applicator has an extra part on the end of the wand that enables you to get all the tiny lashes. I will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by JLB2005

One of the best mascaras in that it does not smudge very easily so it stays put all day. I am lucky to have very long lashes naturally, and I am sometimes almost embarrassed at how long they look with this mascara. Moreover, I don't curl my lashes, but I feel that this mascara adds some curve. I don't get any flaking. Removes well with almond oil, which I use to remove all my makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Ayashii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! I reach for either this or FAIRYDROPS in the morning. I'd read such good reviews on this masacara I bought it on impulse at Sephora. So glad I did! This adds so much length to my skimpy blonde eyelashes (my brother has longer eyelashes than me, seriously they're awful), that it actually looks like I'm wearing false lashes. The brush does a great job of separating (especially if I use L'oreal Telescopic as a base!) and holds my curl all day. It also stays in place without flaking all day! I got caught in an awful rainstorm and got totally drenched but my mascara stayed perfect! And yet it comes off so easily with makeup remover. The only con I would have to say is the top of the wand can get clumpy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first Benefit mascara I have liked. I hated Bad Gal, I mean absolutely hated it. But this? It is divine! It seperates, lengthens and provides a bit of volume. I will be repurchasing this as it is a bit cheaper than my HG Diorshow Extase. Well done, Benefit.
**UPDATE 12/26/2013** I am still in love with this mascara. Since I started using Careprost (generic Latisse) every mascara looks that much better and I absolutely love this! I am on my second tube and it is beginning to dry up a bit.