BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2057 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 10/25/2012 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I had really high expectations as to how this product would perform. Although I was skeptical of the wand, I opted to have a little blind faith and bought it at Sephora.

I cautiously applied 3 coats to my top lashes, allowing about 10 minutes of drying time in between each coat and painstakingly combing my lashes out between each coat. On the bottom a very delicately applied 2 coats. The result: very clumpy, spider-like lashes up on top, and awkwardly curled, but equally clumped bottom lashes.

I'm a self-proclaimed "beauty addict" and I really thought that this product under performed, with results that took entirely too much care (seriously, combing and drying after each coat?!) and could have been achieved with a less expensive option.

For what it's worth, I think that $23 is absurd for the results and I probably would not have purchased this if Sephora actually had testing wands that replicate the one that actually accompanies the product. Another slight annoyance is the bulkiness of the packaging, and the display which promised a free travel sized version, which Sephora conveniently did not have.

I can't imagine how many hours and supplemental tools it took Benefit's MUA to achieve the 'after' photo that's prominently displayed on the box. I'm not impressed.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I cashed in point to get this so the fact that i wouldn't repurchase doesn't bother me as much.They have a deal now that they give you a free mini when you purchase a large mascara.
I had to dry this out for like 6 hours before I found it usable. The mascara was so wet and the wand had tons of extra product all over it especially the spiky rounded end, to get corner of the eye.
I found that this mascara required too much work to get it to look nice, it clumps and smudges easily.You need an amazing eyelash comb to fix likely clumps.
I like the wand because it can get into smaller area so i will use this want with other mascara.
This remind my of voluminous carbon black or the one by one by maybelline. and both are better and much cheaper
If this is to expensive for you elf has a mascara that is a decent dupe since the want is exactly the same.

on 10/23/2012 2:06:00 PM

EDIT: This mascara is impossible to get off... I have to scrub and pull it off my lashes, even with makeup remover -- and I have three different makeup removers that I've tried. I don't care if a mascara is out of this world amazing, if I can't get it off without pulling out my eyelashes, its not worth using.

Let me begin by saying the I usually purchase Loreal Voluminous, which I love but wanted to try this because of all of the hype... I think this mascara is AWESOME! Rarely can you find a mascara that will give this much volume and length with just one coat! After two coats my lashes look AMAZING! Two draw backs -- 1. The price: I go through mascara pretty quick and I hate the idea of spending $22 on mascara. 2. The plastic wand will stab your eye atleast once a week, guaranteed.

Will most likely repurchase continued >>

on 10/21/2012 10:24:00 PM

I asked for this for Christmas last year and I hated it. The formula was soooo thick and goopy, it would deliver about a gallon more of product to my lashes than needed. Even wiping off the brush carefully, my lashes would still be a clumpy mess. I mean to the point I had to wash it off. A few times I randomly got it to go on decently (not having changed my method) and it was definitely a very dramatic effect - they still looked too spider-leggy for my preference but some people would love it. I would not have rated it badly just because I didn't love the look... if I could actually get it to apply consistently. 80% of the time it failed though.

on 10/18/2012 11:24:00 AM

Really nice product, although I must start by saying that because the wand is plastic, if you let the wand get too close to the lashline, it does hurt your eyes. It has nice separation and length, although I found that it did not curl my lashes any more than they already were to start with (I do not use an eyelash curler) and also found that in order to get the best look, one could use a lash comb, just to make sure the lashes stay in place.

The packaging is nice, although I found that there was so much hype over this product. Yes, the product is great, although I didn't find it all that it was made out to be.

My only major con about this product is how insanely difficult it is to remove completely at night, and when I think I have removed all of it before I shower, I find myself with raccoon eyes when I look in the mirror. If it wasn't so difficult to remove I would use this product everyday instead of my normal usage which is only when I want length and separation.

on 10/16/2012 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I bought a mini of this from Ulta for $9. The packaging is neither here nor there for me aesthetically, but it's functional. The brush is plastic and spiky. Though I prefer traditional bristle brushes, this one works for getting mascara evenly on the lashes. However, the spikes will hurt, so be careful!
As for the formula, it's in the middle between wet and dry for me. It's black and it definitely makes your lashes look "done". You have to work quickly with your application or the formula will clump on your lashes. I tend to do all my coats on one eye before moving to the other to circumvent this. This is NOT a swipe and go mascara.
I am very satisfied with the results of this mascara. It gave me black, thick lashes. However, since I can achieve similar results with cheaper mascaras, I will not repurchase.

Great product. One coat and my lashes are curled, lengthened, and seperated. No need to curl afterwards. There's also a round style brush on the end so u can get the small lashes with no problem. They bristles are quite hard and plastic, so u have to be careful not to get to close to ur eyes. Other then that, I think I've switched brands. I used to use loreal voluminous million lashes and this tops that with one use. Very nice

on 10/16/2012 2:10:00 PM

This mascara wand is the bomb! It combs through and coats my lashes, giving volume and length. Does not clump or flake on me. Does not irritate my sensitive eyes either. It takes a little longer to remove than any other mascara I have used before. Am on my third tube.

on 10/16/2012 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was hesitant to purchase this mascara at first because of it's hype. One day my intrigue got the best of me and I bought it. the first time I put it on. BAM!!! major volume and length. It didn't clump and it separates my lashes beautifully. The only gripe I have with this is...its hard to remove at night. Other than that it's a mascara that's worth a try, but may not be for everyone.

on 10/16/2012 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have really short lashes, i went to the benefit counter to re purchase my bad gal eyeliner and she put this mascara on for me and straight away i knew i was buying it! It really lengthens my lashes and DOES NOT clump them what so ever, it actually looks like ive got really long eyelashes but ive got tiny ones! i love it! i think those who havent had the same experience probably arn't applying it correctly.

Video Reviews & Tutorials