BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

1947 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 6/5/2012 9:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This product was okay, but nothing to write home about. I feel like it should have done more for the price that accompanied it. I feel as though drugstore mascaras could perform just as well as this and not for the hefty price tag. I strayed from my HG Lancome Hypnose, but will be returning as soon as I finish this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I had been a faithful L'Oreal Telescopic girl for a good year or two now, but I had Debenhams Beauty Club card points to spend so I figured I'd invest in a different mascara. Having tried BADgal lash before and not being a fan, I was a little hesitant of trying Benefit mascara again.

Safe to say, I was truly proved wrong about them! I love this so much. I have very short and thin lashes and I find it difficult to find a product which lengthens and thickens EACH lash. They're Real does that, right down to the tiny little lashes at the corners of my eyes. The colour is super-black, super-intense and can be buildable to a dramatic, false-lash eye. If I want a more natural look, that's also achievable!

I love the brush. It has a sort-of "ball" shape at the end for getting to those little lashes which are hard to reach. I curl my eyelashes first, and then apply this. I haven't had it smudge or flake during the day yet, but I'm going on holiday in September so I'll see how it holds up in the heat then!

on 5/31/2012 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is by far my favorite mascara...and I've tried pretty much all of them, as I am a mascara fanatic...mascara is my favorite cosmetic to use. I get tons of compliments on my eyes when i wear this mascara. (DiorShow used to be my fave, but it seems the last few I've bought of their's dried out after a few uses and something about the formula isn't the same as it used to be...less glossy; more waxy.) I first tried this Benefit mascara when it first came out as a sample gift with a Sephora purchase....I was immediately hooked....LOVE it. Makes my lashes amazingly long, seperated and Doe-Eyed on the outter corners like I like them. It's very black and glossy. You have to get the technique down right to avoid clumping. First I wiggle back and forth at the base then quickly swipe it all the way through a few times to drag the formula all the way out to the tips. You cannot add a second coat without clumps if you let the first coat dry...you have to get additional coats in while the previous coat is still wet. After the first "wiggle coat", i avoid clumps by kinda batting my eyelids/lashes in a very quick motion thru the wand instead of slowly pulling the wand thru the lashes. This seems to add even more length, gives great separation and avoids any clumps. Makes them more long & feathery like false lashes look. I also complete one eye before moving on to the other so it doesn't dry out and clump before all my coats are on. That's the secret to this mascara....application. I LOVE the spikes on the end of the wand for getting bottom lashes and making the doll/doe eyed sweep on the outter corners. I'm usually not a fan of the hard plastic spike wands but I find it works for this mascara wand. Mine has begun to dry out a little so I add a drop or 2 of saline solution (it's sterile and safer than just plain water) then shake the tube and pump the wand in/out of the tube once or twice...good as new.
I don't have any problem with removing it or losing lashes. It comes off really easy with my Aveno facial foam soap (pump bottle)...I don't use any special eye makeup removers...just good ol' creamy soap and water. This mascara is my HG and I have no need to search/try any others....unless they discontinue this one.

on 5/30/2012 3:31:00 AM

This is a very thick and perfect colored. Be cautious of how much you apply. I always seem to put on too much, get watery eyes, and feel the constant need to rub them! However, if you keep an eye on that, it is the greatest mascara ever!! really makes them look like you're wearing falsies! much better than the maybelline falsies mascara which does not do what this stuff can! and for around 20$ a tube, completely worth it!!

on 5/30/2012 1:15:00 AM

Personally I love this mascara. I initially did not like it because it was too clumpy but if you wipe off the excess this mascara is quite nice. I think the tip works well because it gets my corner-most lashes which I usually can't get well.
The one thing that I wish it gave more of is volume. I think this mascara is really only for lengthening and defining. I've tried to add a volumizing mascara after it dried but it just made a clumpy mess! Maybe you need to do it really quick when it hasn't dried yet....

on 5/29/2012 11:06:00 PM

I know my incredibly low rating might come as a shock to some of you, but trust that I have a good reason!

I love the way this mascara is able to separate & add tons of volume. No qualms there.

I, however, am horrified at the amount of eyelashes I have lost after using this mascara. The wand grips onto lashes with sharp plastic bristles. These bristles have the ability to tear out your lashes if you are not careful.

The eyelash loss is also due to the fact that this mascara simply does not come off without extensive effort with some makeup remover. Having to rub at your eyes every night is a chore. When lashes are lost in the process, this chore becomes that much more arduous.

Lastly, this mascara never dries fully. It stays tacky. This is terrible because if I take a nap during the day or accidentally rub or touch my eyes, my lashes will all stick together and form one or two big eyelash clumps. Once this happens, the mascara is essentially a glue holding them all together, making them more likely to fall out due to the tension this creates at the roots of the lashes.

I saw lashes on the brush after every use. It was disheartening, but I thought maybe I was losing them naturally. This was not the case. My lashes -- which were once thick, full, and long on their own -- are now noticeably sparser. I wish I had never used this mascara.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was expecting a little more from this mascara, considering its $22 price tag. It's just an okay mascara... I could find something similar at the drugstore.
For the first few weeks it has a very wet formula, but after that the formula is perfect, so have patience. I have medium-length, thin, curly lashes, and this definitely helps lengthen & volumize them a lot. I just wish They're Real would have thickened them a little more. The wand is perfect ... It's easy to reach the bottom lashes & inner corners.

on 5/22/2012 7:30:00 PM

well, i was expecting more, i dont like the brush, and my lashes look nice, but if you put one coat is not enough, if you put more it looks horribel, wont rebuy

I have read multiple reviews on this mascara and decided to give it a try, I can sum this review up very quickly....I LOVED IT!!!!!! If your thinking about trying it do it!

on 5/21/2012 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is my second mascara from benefit I had " bad girl lash" I loved it after that was gone I saw the " they're real" in the shiny pretty packaging caught my eye. This is amazing it lengthens & doesn't clump up if you know how to apply mascara right.
LOVE- that it doesn't smug & lengthens
The only slightly annoying things I can say about this is it does take awhile to dry but that's ok beauty is time & this is so worth it! Hooked for life

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products