October 30, 2014 | 1416 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by caroe7

Meh, not very impressed with this mascara. I don't have any problems with it clumping (clump-ossal, lol!) or smudging, just that it does have kind of an odd smell. Doesn't really lengthen or volumize any more than all of the other mascaras I've used. At least I got it half off.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by spicei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this mascara. It gives my lashes such a full look. I like the smell of it. One of my favorites.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by daniela8744

Clumpy formula that smelled strange. Reminded me of a grandma cheap perfume type smell. Clumped my eyelashes and flaked. Ugly packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by mishycakes

scent? i didnt realize this had a scent. its not noticable IMO. i like this mascara for different reasons, with #1 being that even though its supposed to be a VOLUMIZING mascara, i found that it lengthened my lashes beautifully, waaaaaay better than lash stilletto ever did.i tend to like the rubber bristles that some mascaras have but this tubes wand had a larger brush but it wasnt an issue, it got all my lashes covered. i didnt see any flaking/clumping other say they experience. i'll defintely be buying this again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 6:02:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm beginning to think I'm spending more money trying to find cheaper mascaras than if I stick to the HE ones I know I like. However... In this instance I went away and left makeup at home, and had to get something readily available and relatively inexpensive.

Pros -
Lengthens
Volumises adequately (given its name I was expecting better results here, but it was adequate, especially when layered)
Didn't clump with the three coats I used
Didn't make my natural curl fall out

Cons -
Smears, smudged and flaked. Not just around my lashline, but all through my eyesocket and down onto cheekbone.

Result: I'm really quite disappointed. From the positives I originally thought I'd found a good drugstore mascara, but then when I saw a mirror a few hours later I realised how wrong I was. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by AmalieJK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this. I see there's some people who isnt so impressed, but i think when it comes to mascara, theres the product and theres the method. Its a great great mascara, and yes i can see it can clump, but if you put a little efford (not even a lot) into applying it, its a very very good mascara. It thickens and i gives great volume and a good lenght to your lashes. And the smell? Honestly you get used to it, and you almost doesnt notice it. How often are you standing and smelling your mascara while applying it? ;P its a wonderful mascara. Ive bought it severel times.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by candyisverygood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite mascara of all time. It volumizes my thin, short lashes to an extreme that I thought was unreal before I tried this product. It doesn't give a whole lot of length, but it does give amazing volume that makes my eyelashes look fake. If you are going for a natural look, this is not your mascara! The brush is nice and thick and not flexible. Some people say that the formula has a horrible smell, but it smells like any other mascara. Overall, a wonderful mascara for a pretty good price, compared to some of the new ones coming out that cost $13-$14. I really don't get how some people don't like this!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Cookiebuttt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They really should call this mascara CLUMP-OSSAL clumping express. I purchased this from my local cvs for about $7.99. I was eager to try this because I had high hopes. When I first opened the bottle I recognized that floral scent which was very similar to the lash stilleto formula. I liked the size of the brush but the bristles themselves were cheap and plastic and when I applied it to my lashes it felt like it scraped the base of my lashes. It felt so scratchy and painful. Regardless it was still tolerable. The result of the effect this mascara did for me was nothing but clump up my lashes and make them stick together. I even tried seperating them with an eyelash comb and fluffing them out with a clean mascara wand but this formula is terrible. For me this was a complete waste of money. I have very long eyelashes but not very much volume, I currently alternate between Prestige my biggest lashes which I absolutely adore! & I also use Clinique's high defenition mascara which goes on like dream because it's buildable and never clumps. I'm still on an endless search for my HG mascara, but seriously ladies don't waste your time or money on this. By far this is the worst mascara I've ever used in my life.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by mamimimicita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is pretty good when you put it on. it looks nice it lengthens and makes my lashes look thicker. the problem that i have with the mascara is trying to take it off. When i take it off at night its like pulling my eyelashes off. I have so much trouble taking all of it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Masta90

This mascara really works for me. It doesn't flake, it isn't clumpy, it gives me volume AND length! And yes, the smell is horrible, but, that just doesn't matter to me. It IS a mascara after all! All in all, it is the best mascara i've ever used.