La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Ingredients: Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, [sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Duncecap, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate], Paraffin, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Beta-carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat

on 12/24/2002 1:23:00 PM

To my surprise, this worked wonders for my oily/combo/sensitive/acne-proned/confused skin. I thought it might be too oily, but I woke up to glowing skin. I only use this at night and use their oil absorbing lotion during the day. A girl's got to treat herself to luxury once in a while!!! It's also a great eye cream!

on 12/22/2002 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am 23 years old and my skin is extremely oily. After lots of hesitation, i bought this product. after one weeks of use, to my surprise (i use a very large amount during the night), it absorbs so well on my skin and leave it perfectly moisturized after a night's sleep. i wake up with extremely soft, smooth and non-oily skin. however, i use this product only very sparsingly during the day and it works too.
the thing that is miracle about this product is that: unlike most of the MUAers who broke out by this product, creme de la mer actually cures all my big pimples by hardening it only in one night.
however, i still need longer time to see whether this product helps on my scar and pores

on 12/20/2002 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This did nothing for my dry skin except irritate it. Also, too expensive for what you get.

on 12/19/2002 2:34:00 PM

A fellow MUAer recently sent me a sample jar of this wonderful cream. Because of the price I was really hoping I wouldn't like it. However, this stuff is probably the best under eye treatment I've ever used. It really smooths out the fine lines under and around the eyes and stays moisturized ALL DAY. I've also used it as an all over moisturizer at night and it's wonderful. My skin feels and looks sooo good in the mornings that I almost hate to wash my face. However, I think I'll just stick to using it under the eyes for now. Highly recommended if you've got the money to try this
and need something for "older" drier skin. I wouldn't recommend it for you younger ladies that aren't dealing with aging issues yet, though. Will definitely be repurchasing this one (if I can afford it)!!

Will update later if my opinion on this changes.

on 12/18/2002 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product saved me from months of misery! When I was prescribed a benzoil peroxied cream for my acne it severely burned my face.After having heard the background for the cream I decided to invest in a pot myself.In just two days of use the blister and the welts disappeared.A week later my skin was back to normal.
This product is for DRY skin only.It will do nothing for oily skin except clog your pores.Try the lotion instead.

on 12/13/2002 1:38:00 AM

CDLM is for "mature" skin - youngsters don't need this heavy stuff. Eventually, you will. And you will be glad that such a product is out there for you.

on 12/11/2002 7:14:00 PM

This is a good moisturizer but I'm not convinced it's worth the high price. IMO there are moisturizers out there for 1/2 the cost that work equally as well. I only used this at night and while it did leave my skin soft and glowing when I woke up, my Lancome Primordial Night Cream did the same.

on 12/10/2002 2:10:00 PM

I only use this when I feel my skin is tight and dry and then it works wonders. On a regular basis however it leaves me looking and feeling greasy. The biggest improvement were my lips, I also apply it on them and it left them lush and bee-stung!

on 12/9/2002 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have combo/dry skin and when I first used LaMer, I really slapped a fair amount of it on every night--and promptly broke out. I finally figured out that using much less than I had been using (just a tiny bit, warming it up well on my hands and patting it on), and not using it every night (I just put it on when my skin feels dry) is the ticket for me. Voila--skin miracle! I wake up with glowy, hydrated skin in the AM. It's all in the technique with this product, IMHO.

on 12/9/2002 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Shortly after my 17th birthday my oil-slick skin began to peel like I had a sunburn. A the time, I was working for a major cosmetic company, so I tried everything in their line & just about everything in their sister companies lines. Nothing worked. After 2 visits to my dermatologist (whose prescriptions did not even work), I found La Mer. Frankly, I don't think that this is "hyped up" or "overrated" b/c I was working for a major cosmetic company & hadn't even heard of it! Anyway, after a few days, I noticed a drastic change (for the better). My skin was actually healing itself. My skin stopped peeling, my rosacea was less noticable, I was glowing. Since then (about 2 years ago), I have tried other products that claim to do the same thing as La Mer. However, after a day or two of using other products, my skin starts to peel again. I have always gone back to La Mer & my skin has never looked better! My dermatologist still doesn't know what is up with my skin, but La Mer definately helps it 100%. Also, it is not as expensive as it seems. The 1 oz jar will last me about 6 months. Usually, skincare is made to last 2 months at the most! In the end, you'll end up paying about the same! I hope that this review helps someone. I thank God that I found La Mer (I'm not kidding, either!).