April 18, 2014 | 1760 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2002 9:30:00 AM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sad to say, this expensive cream works wonders on my dry, 50 year old, menopausal skin.

When you go through menopause, you often become dry. I was "oily" my entire life and now am not. But I have sensitive skin. This moisturizer, consistently used, reduced dry patches, lightened a scar of an ingrown hair (ugh another fun aging problem is facial hair) and otherwise keeps me looking very fresh.

Too bad this stuff is so pricey--but, a pea-sized application, warmed in the hands, does suffice, so I got months of use from the jar.

Nothing I used worked quite as well as La Mer. So, in a way, since I use this up entirely, it is a relatively good purchase. Just wish they didn't charge so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2002 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Jess79

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me just say that Creme de la mer is the best moisturizer ever!! I had some serious skin problems (acne scars, dryness,etc.)and this just smoothed it all away. I have been using the Creme, Moisurizing lotion and the serum for about 7 months now and people have told me that I look great! Others tell me that my skin looks like it's glowing. The bad thing is the price but when it comes to my skin I don't care what the price is!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2002 2:56:00 AM More reviews by astral_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very expensive product, but since it does the job of moisturising without suffocating my skin I will repurchase. A little goes a long way, a tub lasts quite long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2002 2:21:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

Price? YIKES! Okay -- I'm guily of collecting several samples of this because I surely wasn't going to shell out this much money for something without trying it. After 2-3 months of use -- no noticeable difference in my skin. It was nice, but not worth the money IMHO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2002 9:41:00 PM More reviews by LaurenJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Out of all the La Mer products I have tried, this is my favorite. Although it was no miracle for my skin, and it is terribly expensive, it did make my skin soft and didn't break my out. *But* I get that same results with Dream Sensitive Skin Lotion and Pola 1/f mosturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2002 3:36:00 PM More reviews by ebay5232

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for people with Dry to Very Dry skin, I don't use this every day, but it is great for rough patches, such as elbows, instantly smooths skin, and also makes an excellent eye cream, I rate this a 5 and would buy it again because it is a great multi-purpose luxe cream that works.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2002 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really do like this. I like the texture, and patting it on... makes me feel like skin care is more of a ritual than a chore. It's only a pain when I am soooo sleepy, and don't want to bother warming the cream between my fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2002 8:43:00 PM More reviews by maile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a miracle in a jar. I have been using this product, the serum and the eye creme for 2 years now. I am 48 and people everywhere stop me and ask about my skin. Thanks to these products, I still don't have any visible lines around my eyes and only one or two small ones around my mouth. I had my 22 year old daughter try it a year ago (she has a tendancy to break out with combination skin) and she now swears by it. She doesn't want to use anything else. I would recommend these products to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2002 4:36:00 PM More reviews by YolandaMC

I can't believe I gave into the hype and bought this. This have me nothing but breakouts and skin problems. My $4 bottle of C&C Dual Moisturizer does a better job.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2002 11:17:00 AM More reviews by sindy_tse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is very oily and unreasonble price. I think it is just suitable for Old ladies.